Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) (74700 Views)

Abroad-based Nigerian Man Dies 2 Days After Village Visit, Bitten By Strange Ant / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / My Friends Ear Was Bitten Off This Morning... We Need Help (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by MrCover: 3:01pm On May 28, 2021
Update From . COM

A Nigerian man identified as Anthony Oregon has died after he was bitten by a poisonous snake friends claimed was sent by someone, Reports.

According to Shadrack Okpomhe Who Shared The News, As Obtained By , someone called the deceased to inform him that pigs were feeding on his crops.

However, on getting to his farm, he saw a snake instead. He immediately tried to go back but the snake flew at him and bit him on the leg. Although Tony managed to kill the snake, he didn't survive the poisonous bite, Learnt.

The deceased was laid to rest on May 26, after a funeral mass at Saint Philomena Catholic Church in Edo State.

Someone called him to inform him about his crops been eaten by pigs, and getting to the farm that evening just a stone throw from the house , he saw the giant snake and immediately went back, according to him, the snake flew towards him and he got bitten, he was brave enough to kill the same snake but could not survive it.

Tony this wasn't our discussion few days ago, we where to see this morning and I never knew something had prevented you from us seeing.

If I was told on time or u called me, Tony e no get how e wan be wey e no go be, local medicine for quench this mess bro, Tony my uncle for do something to this snake back to its sender I seriously still don't want to believe this evening when I had to accompany your corpse to the morgue this evening.

Tony why?

Tony what happens to mama whose far away in Abuja who knew quite alright u at home looking after things?

Tony why?

Tony u be don dey plan settle down why this?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5388140194538180&id=100000267598298

1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Jacobx007: 3:06pm On May 28, 2021
Incredible.

So after 10 years on Nairaland, I have finally achieved FTC status!! Lols

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Righteousness2(m): 3:11pm On May 28, 2021
We Live in a very mean and Wicked World.

If you are Spirtually dull, weak or dead, you could be swallowed by any Humpty Dumpty.

I say this from Personal Experience.
Without JESUS Christ in Me, I Should be a Dead corpse.

Life without a Solid Connection and relationship with GOD is a risk.
The World is three Wicked..

252 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by OlayemiAshraf(m): 3:12pm On May 28, 2021
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin

393 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by MrCover: 3:19pm On May 28, 2021
See More Photos As Obtained By Below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by XXXXTENTACION: 3:23pm On May 28, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Puff adder bite person , you dey talk sey unknown person sent the snake grin ... Naija una no go kiii person grin
How is it even possible to send a snake sef .
E go be like snake oya come go bite this pesin for me undecided
story everywhere....

modified: that snake looks like puff adder.
The puff adder is a highly venomonous snake that is responsible for majority of snake bites and fatalities than any other snake in Africa. The puff adder moves slowly and doesn't run when it detects foosteps it rather inflates itself and uses air to make a hissing sound to serve as a warning hence the name....
The puff adder produces from 150 - 350 mg of venom. So you know 100 mg of venom is enough to kill an adult human being after 25 hours of bite... undecided

kabillionaire:

You guys are talking as if you're not Africans
Africans have alot of superstitious beliefs but majority of those beliefs are not real.....

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by MrCover: 3:32pm On May 28, 2021
See More Picture As Obtained By Below:

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by lawalosky(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2021
Sent by an unknown person..
. Iocation cannot escape SE

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 3:35pm On May 28, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
.......... Ur mumu dey give buhari hope.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Wawelexy(m): 3:42pm On May 28, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
How is it even possible to send a snake sef .
E go be like snake oya come go bite this pesin for me undecided
story everywhere....
.......... If na yankee dem born u, i gat no comment for u, but if u re born and brought up here in naija but forming yankee, oya go ijebu go talk rubbish so u go recieve small sense.

179 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Dujardin(m): 3:44pm On May 28, 2021
RIP man cry

Herdsmen Snake, killing somebody on the farm.

If that's the snake that bit him, then don't blame any evil doer. Puff Adder has killed more Africans than any other snake.

Human death and Snake thread... total recipe for nairaland fp.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Temmylee01(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
If only they have good hospital around that place or there's a vet around since the snake is available he will be given an antidote for the venom of the said snake that bit him. Some of this reptiles venom are poisonous and can spread quickly if the antidote is not given ASAP.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Conner44: 4:00pm On May 28, 2021
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by MrCover: 8:08am On May 29, 2021
Lalasticlala, Do The Needful Please
Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Babara1994(m): 12:05pm On May 30, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:

Imagine o. Something that happened in a farm. Nigerians are funny people. That snake is extremely poisonous

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Babara1994(m): 12:09pm On May 30, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

there is a saying in my place, if while you work on the farm and this snake bites you and you are able to resist the urge to kill it and immediately run across to another plot of land you will survive.

The snake must be killed to make a potent antidote

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Mpanyi: 1:54pm On May 30, 2021
Very deadly snake. We call it echieteka. That is tomorrow is too far. The bite will hardly see you see tomorrow. But thank God I was bitten by this type of snake and I have seen a decade plus.

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by thundafire: 2:21pm On May 30, 2021
Gabon viper doesn't fly na but very dangerous snake and Nigeria don't have the antivenin unless it's ordered

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2021
thundafire:
Gabon viper doesn't fly na but very dangerous snake and Nigeria don't have the antivenin unless it's ordered
I nearly laughed when they said it flew. Nigerians too like fictional tales.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by joyandfaith: 3:09pm On May 30, 2021
Conner44:
gaboon viper

Please explain further. Do u mean the snake should be killed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by joyandfaith: 3:10pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:
Very deadly snake. We call it echieteka. That is tomorrow is too far. The bite will hardly see you see tomorrow. But thank God I was bitten by this type of snake and I have seen a decade plus.

How did u survive it?

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 30, 2021
Huh?

Are there no hospitals that treat snake bites?

This is so sad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Mpanyi: 3:34pm On May 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

How did u survive it?

My Dad just cut the place and put one native medicine like that. Just once. And that was it. Unfortunately nobody knows where the medicine is now as the old man is late. But I must attribute the whole thing to God.

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Conner44: 4:13pm On May 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

Please explain further. Do u mean the snake should be killed?

Babara1994 killingit for a potent antivenom won't suffice because you'd be dead before the next hour and only specialized personnel in the medical field can make the antivenom on short demand from the body of the specimen that bit you. saving your life is paramount in this case.

the gaboon viper is the only snake that delivers the most amount of venom into its victim with a single bite. once you are bitten you will have excess venom in your blood stream. as you struggle to pick cutlass and chase it to kill fhe snake your heart will beat faster thereby pumping more blood around your system to give you the energy you require but at the same time the venok is also spreading faster around your body. that is why you shouldn't bother killing the viper when you notice it has bitten you but immediately and calmly cut a eope/cloth and tie it around the affected part of your body where you were bitten to stop the flow of the venom to your heart, cut open the bite area so blood oozes out and slowly but quickly rush to seek medical attention.

if other vipers inject 50 milligramms of venom into you as they bite you this particular one injects 1 centilitre, meaning it injects over 50 times he usual dose of other vipers in its class.

we call it AjuAla in our place

201 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by joyandfaith: 5:35pm On May 30, 2021
Conner44:

Babara1994 killingit for a potent antivenom won't suffice because you'd be dead before the next hour and only specialized personnel in the medical field can make the antivenom on short demand from the body of the specimen that bit you. saving your life is paramount in this case.

the gaboon viper is the only snake that delivers the most amount of venom into its victim with a single bite. once you are bitten you will have excess venom in your blood stream. as you struggle to pick cutlass and chase it to kill fhe snake your heart will beat faster thereby pumping more blood around your system to give you the energy you require but at the same time the venok is also spreading faster around your body. that is why you shouldn't bother killing the viper when you notice it has bitten you but immediately and calmly cut a eope/cloth and tie it around the affected part of your body where you were bitten to stop the flow of the venom to your heart, cut open the bite area so blood oozes out and slowly but quickly rush to seek medical attention.

if other vipers inject 50 milligramms of venom into you as they bite you this particular one injects 1 centilitre, meaning it injects over 50 times he usual dose of other vipers in its class.

we call it AjuAla in our place

Thanks for the info

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by joyandfaith: 5:42pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:

My Dad just cut the place and put one native medicine like that. Just once. And that was it. Unfortunately nobody knows where the medicine is now as the old man is late. But I must attribute the whole thing to God.

That native medicine has antivenom properties. Try to find out. I just want to name of ingredients they use in the preparation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Kingk47: 5:47pm On May 30, 2021
Mpanyi:
You had a dry bite. Some snakes tend to be economical with their venom.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by amuwo1980: 6:00pm On May 30, 2021
Dumbos , he did not seek for help after the snake bite , there are anti venoms that cud have saved him , probable he went treating it via traditional means( some one that believes they can send a snake to another) and this is the out come , imagine the poster they sent a snake to him , you deserve a wack on the face

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Mpanyi: 6:29pm On May 30, 2021
Kingk47:

You had a dry bite. Some snakes tend to be economical with their venom.

Thank God for that

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by Mpanyi: 6:30pm On May 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

That native medicine has antivenom properties. Try to find out. I just want to name of ingredients they use in the preparation

How I wish I can. We really lost an invaluable medicine. Even the old man himself was bitten by a deadly cobra. He came home treated himself and that's àll. Carelessness and childishness surely made us not to ask the old man what the stuff contained or how he got it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) by bmdmix10: 7:28pm On May 30, 2021
u can't even be s mature one n just say snake bit someone on his farm.

u had to add SENT

undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wormlike Movement Round My Body / Man Poisoned, Dies On His Birthday (Disturbing Photos, Video) / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.