Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (134971 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Adewunmis(m): 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]geometry the area i m avin problem is d calculation how to cut for d mold construction.pls kjndly allow me talk to u on phone. pls send ur number.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Adewunmis(m): 12:57am On Nov 06, 2013
Adewunmis: [color=#000099][/color]geometry the area i m avin problem is d calculation how to cut for d mold construction.pls kjndly allow me talk to u on phone. pls send ur number.
pls try come online and answer my question.at the bottom of dish there 2 handle beside one that was holding east west.if you really want to help please kindly upload the picture of how the dish is mount
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Adewunmis(m): 1:17am On Nov 06, 2013
someone should save worry,i'm confuse about the bottom of the dish,the "U" mount is what am confuse about pls geomentry to continue with this thread,it beginning make some senses. .pls i begged u lets move on.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Adewunmis: someone should save worry,i'm confuse about the bottom of the dish,the "U" mount is what am confuse about pls geomentry to continue with this thread,it beginning make some senses. .pls i begged u lets move on.

PLEASE, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE BOTTOM OF THE DISH ?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 6:38am On Nov 25, 2013
I read all d pages on dis topic GEOMETRY u re very great, i gain alot to d xtent dat i my younger brother was in d forum want to go into dish fibrication, i really appreciate u guys for adding to my brothers mentalily, but my only question is, he said he want to learn iron fabricator(welder) so dat d dish making will be more easier. Plz GEOMETRY can i invest on him, cos he has made some cemented hills at d back of my house. plz ur reply is needed. my regards to all members
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by obnelly: 6:57am On Nov 25, 2013
If you have the market in your area go ahead.you will need to do your marketing survey very well because you have to convince you clients for them to make order.Pan dish is good as fibre the diff .is one is bulky while other is lighter.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
obnelly: If you have the market in your area go ahead.you will need to do your marketing survey very well because you have to convince you clients for them to make order.Pan dish is good as fiber the diff .is one is bulky while other is lighter.
Good luck.
thanks bro for my back up
and i can see that you have already mold a dish yourself, plz is it ok to fabricate a big dis like 1.8m, 3m, and 4m that the focal point will much far away from the dish, so my question is that should i let my dish to be flat or deep to gain a short focal length, and what is the best way in terms of dish dept, cos that is where my problem is.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
geometry: @sathob
fiber-glass is the best material for DIY satellite antenna,so, if you are doing one;
prepare these;
1) resin,
2) fiber matte,
3) catalyst,
4) accelerator,
5) aluminum foil,
6) paint.(dark ash) or grey.
before all these materials mentioned above, you need a painstakingly constructed mold based on your chosen size. usually made out concrete.
for better illumination of your antenna, keep your f/d ratio between 0.35 and 0.415 for a prime focus lnb. i have been playing within 0.39 and 0.41.
Can you plz. specify your size of interest ? i hope i'm near answering your quiz. or if there are other things u might need. cheers
@geometry these materials that you listed here, plz where in Lagos can we see
1) Resin
2) Fiber mate
3)catalyst
cos other can be found around me here

you replay will be highly appreciate
worm regards to Obnelly and other thanks so much for the inpiration
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Before i move further,let me take this opportunity to give infinite thanks to the almighty God for life ,strength and the desire to move on .
Special thanks also go to: Geometry,Obnelly ,swordswifter,George D, Blexxomak and ken Rieli of phoenixnavigation.Though these people might not need this , but everything about the dish in this post originate from their numerous post and articles. Its my greatest prayer that these individuals feel honoured and realised that their desire to share have not ended in vein.

4 Likes

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
the dish was created out of a parent dish with 200cm diameter, focal point of 60 cm and an fd ratio of 0.30.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
the template in progress

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
mounting of vertical pole. here, there was a big mistake as the pole was turning with the plate . meaning i did not did not lock the pole i had to do correction .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
cutting of trenches and shaping the mold with sand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
applying mortar to the surface of the mold. screending continued afterwards .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
creating offset mold out of the main mold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ Iron2011, dis so fantasti, good work indeed, plz if i may ask, where did u get the materials u used 4 d dis, i mean d fiber mate and other chemicals, i au ask those dat are selling building materials and POP, non of den know d chemicals, ur reply will b highly appreciated
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
filling all holes with putty filler and sanding the surface to make it smooth.
the mold was then painted black to reveal any other imperfections .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
casting of fiberglass. i was less impressed with the workdone at those point .
@ wasman
Im in Ghana but if you are Nigeria check alaba market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Iron2011: casting of fiberglass. i was less impressed with the workdone at those point .
@ wasman
Im in Ghana but if you are Nigeria check alaba market.
thanks so much my bro, i will try to complete mine to and post my pic as soon as i get d fiberglass materials, keep d fire burning
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
look at that. an offset dish of 90cm in size ,99.3cm major axis and 90 cm minor axis, 0.64 f/d ratio, 57.6cm focal point and an offset angle of 23.6° was removed from the mold.
the taste of the pudding is in eating it. this dish has been tested on ses5 at 22w and ab7. using my dm800se i was able to hit lowest of 97% quality on 22w. i also able to hit 66% on 11661v 27500 on ab7
Thanks go to all those who have made this reality .
proper testing takes place after painting .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by dodos(f): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ Iron

Though i congratulate you for this wonderful effort i am not happy you didnt pay credit to me and the others as well.

You know who i mean by those.

All the same more grease

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 9:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ wasman
u are welcome
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
dodos: @ Iron

Though i congratulate you for this wonderful effort i am not happy you didnt pay credit to me and the others as well.

All the same more grease

dodos: @ Iron

All the same more grease

You are more than 100% right.
after giving credit to my source of references , i should have given thanks to those who have wasted monies, travelled distances and sacrifice their pride ( dignity ) to the sustainance of my interest in satellite tv technology.
i realised the mistake after reviewing the post and doing the right thing after your post makes it highly inappropriate .
after 11 years of research, something is nearing a perfect conclusion.That moment awaits u.
i entreat all guys to follow ur steps. that thing hidden in u charms me so much.
finally, my unqualified apology to Esuo, Gadotor , captainus, richy and fta Hunter . i am only a bird on a tall tree like u. had it not been u, i would have been on the ground. thank u very much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:07am On Dec 20, 2013
@ Iron,
There is nothing as fulfilling as coming to an ending of a project, and in flying color... I MARVELED at the courage you guys summoned to come to this point of the project. I BELIEVE TO ME AND SO MANY DIYers, IT IS ANOTHER STEP FURTHER IN OUR GOALS AND AIMS THAT IS WORTH CONGRATULATED.
PLEASE, I WILL FIND TIME TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS AS POSTED ABOVE. ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND ALL DIYers.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by wasman01(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2013
geometry: @ Iron,
There is nothing as fulfilling as coming to an ending of a project, and in flying color... I MARVELED at the courage you guys summoned to come to this point of the project. I BELIEVE TO ME AND SO MANY DIYers, IT IS ANOTHER STEP FURTHER IN OUR GOALS AND AIMS THAT IS WORTH CONGRATULATED.
PLEASE, I WILL FIND TIME TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS AS POSTED ABOVE. ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND ALL DIYers.
my boss is back again
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 11:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
geometry: @ Iron,
Thank u very much for your encouragement.
Dwarfs like us can see from afar because we are standing on the shoulders of a giant like u.
u are the rock of ages. Thank u very much.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Smilelo(m): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2014
So how can someone contact u if he/she needs u to do a 6meter or 5meter dish for him because I want to get Sky uk.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 5:50am On Jul 13, 2014
Smilelo: So how can someone contact u if he/she needs u to do a 6meter or 5meter dish for him because I want to get Sky uk.

I am in town, plz, all let set the ball rolling...
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Smilelo(m): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
geometry:

I am in town, plz, all let set the ball rolling...

I stay and live in P.H, so how can I contact u. My number is 08065834949 add me also on wasapp
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Talibanis: 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Who has a dish for sale? Size as from 3.6m and above. 08057301244 Whatsapp
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by tonididdy(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
Newtonn:

@dodos,
the formula of the focal point of a parabolic dish is
diameter squared divided by 16 xdept.

so if the diameter is 320 cm that is squares =102,400
depth is 52 cm so 52x16 =832

so 102,400 cm divided by 832= 123.07 cm
@ALL i just use my dish as an example, so if you are dealing with
bigger or smaller dish input ur parameters.
ralph
hi bro...please hw did calculate for the tripod lengths?

and also am hoping to construct a dish with diameter of 130cm and radius obviously 65cm, what will be my depth?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by tonididdy(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2014
geometry: @ Newtonn,
ur tripod = 167.6cm long.
ur focal lengh = 123.1cm.
Goodluck ! grin
bro...please hw did calculate for the tripod lengths?

and also am hoping to construct a dish with diameter of 130cm and radius obviously 65cm, what will be my depth?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.