Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (134959 Views)

Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Dish Sizes For Diff. Satellites Receivable Within The West African Sub Region / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2011
from my analysis of your tripod combination with the threaded bolt, it should work fine, to achieve the 167 real tripod length, adjust ,through the threading down below the welding zone say, a distance of 8cm. i.e your tripod pipe length+ a value on the threading that makes it = 167cm
you can just work this out. say, pipe + adjusted thread = 167cm
i hope i make any sense.
as for your east-west rod, that is secondary , it is strongly the unction of your neck and your actuator holder on your dish.
i hope your u-mount [neck] is firm and the holes drilled on them are to precision.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2011
geometry:

@newtonn,
your lnb selection seems the best. u can just go a head.

@geometry,
thks very much i do appreciate ur effort toward me.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
geometry:

from my analysis of your tripod combination with the threaded bolt, it should work fine, to achieve the 167 real tripod length, adjust ,through the threading down below the welding zone say, a distance of 8cm. i.e your tripod pipe length+ a value on the threading that makes it = 167cm
you can just work this out. say, pipe + adjusted thread = 167cm
i hope i make any sense.
as for your east-west rod, that is secondary , it is strongly the unction of your neck and your actuator holder on your dish.
i hope your u-mount [neck] is firm and the holes drilled on them are to precision.

@geometry,
yes what u said is what i intend to do, but guess what the guy that i bought the dish from has gave me the follow come tripods which make me happy.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by swordswifter: 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
One day,I'll truly have a story to tell.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 3:04am On Jun 17, 2011
@swordswifter

definitely sword, definitely, sure,
its like that but then you started well.
that i can assure you.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2011
Are you geometry i know through my friend kunle oke in Lautech? Or through Wole Rasheed of the computer village? If yes kindly hook me up on facebook Abey219
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ultrasat,
give me the dossier of the geometry you know then i will confirm it.
are u A LADOKITE ?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 6:49am On Jun 19, 2011
@geometry, the one i know is called Lekan, went to Lautech, study mech or elect eng. Have lived in osogbo before, now making it biggerly in Lag as i heard, lol! Does that in anyway match you? Just let me know. I'm not a Ladokite but have lots of them as friends.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2011
@ultrasat

why don't u let me know who u are at once and stop playing a kindmind game on me. obviously, this is somebody that knows me very well,,
before i give in LEKAN WHAT ?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 2:31am On Jun 20, 2011
We don't know each other, but some of my friend are your friend too. Kunle Oke studied Chemical eng and is in scotland now, Wole Rasheed is there in Lag too, they are my friends and are the one who use to mention your name. I use to see one of your ku dish you left wit one Man called Alhaji who is living opposite old government office in osogbo! Hope you still know the man? Well , i'm in osogbo anytime you are there in osogbo, you can let me know. Thanks
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 2:45am On Jun 21, 2011
@ultrasat,

that is me really, nice having you on board. but right now, i am not in town. i mean i reside outside the country. how is life in osogbo generally?
well, we could exchange chat on yahoo. plz,let me know your email. thank u for the gesture. hoping to chatting u soon.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
All is well here, thank! And how is your end there too? My yahoo mail is abiodun_alade@yahoo.co.uk . Expecting to hear from you soon. Bye and God bless.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2011
All is well here, thank! And how is your end there too? My yahoo mail is abiodun_alade@yahoo.co.uk . Expecting to hear from you soon. Bye and God bless.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 11:43pm On Jun 21, 2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 5:46am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by ultrasat(m): 6:01am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 6:30am On Jul 01, 2011
This house has been On holiday for almost a week or so now, let us see what we can do with metallic satellite dish fabrication, using square pipes and steel sheets , this material is known to factually everybody, no actual mould construction needed. ANYDODY ?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 9:39am On Jul 01, 2011
geometry:

This house has been On holiday for almost a week or so now, let us see what we can do with metallic satellite dish fabrication, using square pipes and steel sheets , this material is known to factually everybody, no actual mould construction needed. ANYDODY ?

@geometry, i sent you a msg to ur fone but ur line is not available also forward it to ur mail
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2011
I am presently not in the country, my number won't go, but i got your message in my email box which I replied promptly. check your mail.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by swordswifter: 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2011
@Geometry,
If i may,i think the wisest thing to do for any beginner is to consider building his/her mold first just to get his parabolic curves as close to the actual pattern(curve structure) as possible. Everything else in your fabrication and the success of your dish antenna will depend on this particular aspect or area construction.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2011
@swordswifter.
That was close. but then, consistent bending of the ribs is an act of mould making at every point of it. if you are making a dish without building a mould means every time you have to litterarily go through partial mould building.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Eltonluigi(m): 8:25pm On Jul 01, 2011
@Swordswifter,any word on your project?
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by swordswifter: 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2011
Eltonluigi:

@Swordswifter,any word on your project?
@Eltonluigi,
It was been completed but it's not operational at the moment. Physically it looks good though considering the fact it was my first attempt. I am going to consider all the tiny things i may have overlooked and work on it again. Infact i intend working on it till it becomes operational.I'll be posting some pictures of it very soon.
Thanks for asking after it.I thought guys weren't following my progress.Thanks again.
@Geometry,
I get what you are driving at but i know as an African we easily get discouraged especially when we don't have much money to spare on such projects.So i was just advocating that to be on the safer side and to do a one-time work like this with all the confidence that it will produce the results we are looking for,it will be advisable if the mold is constructed first. It will make all the other processes far too easy to even shudder away from.That was just my humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
@ALL CHECK THIS OUT
''CW Finder'' ITS USE TO FIND BISS KEY OF ANY CHANNEL ENCRYPT WITH BISS KEY.
GUYS DO ANY ONE NO MORE ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE CALLED "CW FINDER"
I ALREADY IT BUT MY CHALLENGE IS HOW TO GET .ts FILE FROM MY STRONG 4669X.
ANYONE WITH SUCH IDEAL?
THKS

Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
@newtonn,
you forgot to tell the house how the tripod configuration given to you worked , the house needs to know so that one or two people could have a grab of something too.
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Newtonn(m): 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2011
geometry:

@newtonn,
you forgot to tell the house how the tripod configuration given to you worked , the house needs to know so that one or two people could have a grab of something too.

@geometry, WHICH COUNTRY ARE YOU? NOW
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by larryenob(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2011
Gurus plz which type of gum should I use for foil my dish
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by geometry(m): 2:18am On Jul 09, 2011
@larryenob

No gum works good, except using fiber glass material itself,, i.e, resin, catalyst and accelerator. these are common market names for these materials and there is a sequence and proportions at which they are combined, find out how to use them before start. it is a WARNING !
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by larryenob(m): 4:16am On Jul 09, 2011
Thanks geometry
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
@geometry please at what proportions are they applied? whoever has the knowledge can share it now that it has been mentioned
smiley
Re: (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now by Iron2011: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2011
i have studied this thread and i think it is very good. those who want to know how to make a mold for dish building should follow this link: [url]http://www.phoenixnavigation.com/ptb, les/ptbc37.htm[/url]. After reading through, we will all admit that our next line of action will be how to mix the resin, carbon matte, catalyst, alumiium foil and others to do a fiber dish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) / STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.