Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,912 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL (2216 Views)

#MUST READ for ALL WANNA BEs AND LEARNING PROGRAMMERS / Microsoft Ports. NET To Linux And Macintosh, Goes Open-sources; Is Java Doomed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by deepleke(m): 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2005
Is there anybody that knows anything about Oracle? I want to know if one can easily learn it. Also can you tell me of a site to get information on Linux and Qsl too?

And to you, Seun, I am still waitng for my Gmail and others invitation. cool

Update: 'QSL' is now SQL, as originally intended
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by shockreaction(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2005
If you want to get started with Oracle, http://www.oracle.com/technology/new/index.html is a good place to begin.

As for Linux, there're several Linux resources around, but I don't know of any good ones for beginners from the top of my head... I'll advise you to do a Google search for Linux start guide or Linux tutorials.
http://www.linux-tutorial.info/ <-- First result on Google for Linux tutorials smiley

Qsl? Eh? Never heard of it... What's Qsl?
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by Seun(m): 6:30pm On Jun 30, 2005
The easiest way to obtain Oracle and Redhat Linux is to go to the Computer Village, Ikeja. The second way is to turn to fellow Nairaland users; just ask one of them to send you a Linux or Oracle CD (Linux thread). The third way is to ask someone who works at an ISP, or anyone with access to a high bandwidth connection, to download Linux or a trial version of Oracle software for you.

Hope this helps.
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by shockreaction(m): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2005
Wait, do you mean SQL?
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by jogego(m): 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2005
Yes I believe he means sql. To learn about sql, go to www.w3schools.com. Dont know much about oracle. If you wanna learn about linux, best way as I have said countless times b4 is to use a live CDwhihc will run a complete system from the CD BUT most importantly, WILL not affect your hard disk. If you feel comfortable with it, you can do a hard disk install, or even dual boot with windows. Visit www.distrowatch.com for information about all the different varieties of linux distributions or distros in short.
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by Oloks(m): 12:39am On Jul 02, 2005
Hi,

I am an Oracle Applications DBA in UK, I do have materials (Oracle Books on CD) which can be of help to you to start with. On the area of Linux, I would advise to acquire the broader Unix skills instead of restricting yourself to any particular flavour of Unix, except you are planning to be a Linux Administrator. Depending on what your background is SQL should not be a big problem. Downloading Oracle software from Oracle (Technet/Metalink) is a possibility, but you will need to understand what you are doing before you can build your personal database and also building such DB do require System requirements which your PC (Windows or Linux Box) must satisfy. Feel free to mail me on

foluso@tiscali.co.uk

for any further information or if you can arrange to have the materials forwarded to you in Nigeria. I am assuming all along that you are planning towards DBA and not Oracle Developer.

Thanks
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by EzehM(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2005
If you need pdf or chm books on Oracle, Sql or basically any of the popular programming languages out there, drop me a line @

chikere@gmail.com
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by skima(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2005
Cool i think ill need some. Ill mail you for it.
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by Seun(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2005
why not just link to them from here?
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by Hunter(m): 10:12am On Nov 06, 2005
It's a possibility that they're comercial books?
Re: Obtaining and Learning Oracle, Linux and SQL by Roscodaddy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2006
I am working on a database and would kindly require my fellow nairalanders to help me out on my sql,I need to know everything because am a beginner,this is my email address,abimel_ventures@yahoo.com,thanks for the tips here that I saw,am working on them now.

(1) (Reply)

Help - Coding Scrabble Game Using Vb / Where Can One Learn Vb.net Cheap And Fast In Lagos / Farwell To J2ME, It Really Hepled During It's Time Cause Of Its Multiplateform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.