Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Verbal Abuse Of Employees - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Verbal Abuse Of Employees (18187 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Abuse Of Sick Leave In A Corporate Environment / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Cholls(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Johel(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
spector15:
Good morning house,please what should an employee do if your boss insults you on a work WhatsApp group� for a brief misunderstanding embarassed embarassed embarassed.thank you very much.please i need a professional opinion���

Does working for someone give them the license to insult you in Nigeria over a basic error

Only stupid bosses insult their staffs...I work with Lebanese and they respect us when talking.
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Yello1(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
Develop a tick skin bro. Even agbero dey insult without paying, unlike ur boss dt insult with pay. Lol
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Mandela27: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
My own case is worse sir cool down
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2021
I am the boss
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by RuMiRgO1stSon: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Take heart
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Women have been chopping insult since time immemorial from husbands.
Its the theory of power.
Especially for people who lack empathy.
Demean, subdue and destroy the weak and less privileged, and keep them down to remain powerful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sleep on it
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Na to throwaway face ooo
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
I have worked under such people. I just overlook and let go.
Tomorrow will be better.
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Lawalemi(m): 9:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
Walk away

One once told me I'm stupid, I walked away.

Till date, she's been according me respect.

Perhaps she was on her menstrual period lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by fabson21(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2021
baddosky1:
I can't answer your question because I am self employed.
who ask you if you are self employed Nigerians and proud common advice to give person u dey brag

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by kennethfranc(m): 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
H
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Focusmind: 9:34pm On Jun 03, 2021
Cogs:
Give am slap na

Slap through whatsapp? undecided
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Goldbw122(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2021
Just be cool
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Cutehector(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
Just take the heat... Soldier go, soldier come, barrack go remain.
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by yusluvad(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2021
Take your leave...
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Ekpekus(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
spector15:
Good morning house,please what should an employee do if your boss insults you on a work WhatsApp group� for a brief misunderstanding embarassed embarassed embarassed.thank you very much.please i need a professional opinion���

Does working for someone give them the license to insult you in Nigeria over a basic error
To better address this, as insult means different things to different people, could you specify the kind or type of insult you got on your whatsapp work page
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Benwallt(m): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
You swallow your pride if he is older than you or not and the insult has foundation but if he is not older than you, return it immediately and engage him in a fisticuffs
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Tonyspecial(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
Xiaomi1:
for toto
angry
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by femijay8271(m): 9:41pm On Jun 03, 2021
I dey always para back for her
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Adrian98(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
break bottle on his or her head
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Zeion422(m): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
Sometimes u just have to man up.....and face him or her....dats how i face my boss todey,d next thing is if u are not comfortable with the work and environments u can leave....
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Kylekent59: 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
One of the reason why jobs are not granted to those above 26+

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by tizzle(m): 9:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
How did he/she insult you? What error did you make and what did he/she say? Give details of the misunderstanding
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Dhury: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2021
If he is paying your salary without delay tell him sorry and God bless you boss, every time he insulted you if you continue with these tips he will soon realize his mistakes and stop using abusive words on .
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by eclectic90: 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
RisenJoe:
Depends on where you are working and benefits attached to the work.

Like me now that served my oga for seven years, during the first four years insults was non existent but during the last three years b4 my settlement that was when this man brought out my case file of the things I did in last four years which I thought he has forgotten that I've been with him, the thing pain Sha but I got to mellow down because my settlement is near and if I dare raise my voice on him he might start beating me which I would be tempted to defend my self and retaliate back, but all along I kept quiet whenever he is barking at me like a dog, e no dey easy ooo but I know what I was looking for and I won't let my ego stand in my way, so I swallowed my pride and he trashed me but now am on my own after many years of serving him and recieving his insults.....

My advice to whoever is reading this is; don't let your ego and pride stand in your way, words(insults) are nothing unless you let it become something for you, but be sure you are always trying your best at work so as to avoid insults and bad mouthing.....
if to say with the anger and insult, them use something stone you or chuk you, shey you go dey grave dey swallow the pride? Depends on the kind of insults and treatment, protect your physical and mental health first because all the money in the world can't buy those. That's why some people have plenty money today but no self esteem because they have been abused mostly mentally

5 Likes

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by ginggerxy: 9:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
Waffarianman:
Ignore his/her insult and collect your salary month end.
ignore his/her insult and collect your salary month end ? Because I work or render services I deserve to be insulted? The funny part is that you won't get insulted where you're paid good salary

1 Like

Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Anytime oga boss insults me, i just tell him God bless you sir
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by eclectic90: 9:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Depending on the kind of insult if it is related to work like if you do something and your boss call you olodo, or are you mad, you don't have sense etc etc you know that kind of insult that could emanate from messing up or not doing well what you are asked to do. But if e enter deep insults like God punish you or your boss begins to insult your parents and upbringing or deeper stuffs not associated with work, tell am say you no like am, if im continue, change am for am.
Re: Verbal Abuse Of Employees by Prettyclown: 9:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
spector15:

I have been in ur shoes sometimes ago

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Artisans And Craftsmanship In Nigeria: A Looming Crisis. / Is ICAN Exam Still Worth It In This 2021 / Things You Should Never Say To Your Employees.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.