Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin (1768 Views)

Learning From Young Atheists: What Turned Them Off Christianity / An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) / Prayer Request For The Pope ! Osama Bin Ladin Promised To Visit Him Soon: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 5:31am On May 02, 2011
Americans celebrate in front of white house over the announcement that Osama Bin Laden is dead.
Osama Bin Ladin was born in Saudi Arabia to a wealthy business man and he in his teenage years inherited about 100million dollars. Records has that he first arrived in Afganistan to fight againt the Russians with a military force that supported by the United State. But am at amazed at the commitment of a man with all his wealth to a course refusing all the luxuries and comforts that money could buy only to dedicate himself to what he believes even though what he believed was radically wrong.
Great news but did he give is heart to Christ
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Nobody: 5:49am On May 02, 2011
newmi:

Americans celebrate in front of white house over the announcement that Osama Bin Laden is dead.
Osama Bin Ladin was born in Saudi Arabia to a wealthy business man and he in his teenage years inherited about 100million dollars. Records has that he first arrived in Afganistan to fight againt the Russians with a military force that supported by the United State. But am at amazed at the commitment of a man with all his wealth to a course refusing all the luxuries and comforts that money could buy only to dedicate himself to what he believes even though what he believed was radically wrong.

lmbao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin some christians are hilarious!
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Ymodulus: 6:06am On May 02, 2011
Another Christian kid on the loose again. Lol! Am not a Muslim so don't bother accusing them
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 7:42am On May 02, 2011
newmi:

Seriously, how can you say he was wrong? He received his commission from his God by revelation in the same way many other religious people do which is by faith and revelation.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Nobody: 8:25am On May 02, 2011
thehomer:

Seriously, how can you say he was wrong? He received his commission from his God by revelation in the same way many other religious people do which is by faith and revelation.

Osama's god has already being disproven by newmi so he is right. All we need now is for him to tell us how he got to the conclusion that Osama was wrong and that he is right. Once we get the facts, then we can apply the same method to disprove newmi's god and we'll see who is right. Newmi or Osama.

Maybe they just worship the same god under different names with different egomaniacal, sadistic and loving characteristics.
At least objective people know that an entity such as allah/yahweh doesn't exist.
Now let's wait for the next jacka_s to get a revelation from god that god hates the same people and things he hates.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2011
thehomer:

Haba! even if you do not guide yourself by moral principle, i think the truth should be more paramount than atheistic revelationary lies , nowhere did Osama claimed he recieved revelation directly from God, rather he had long accused the US of oppressing muslims - chief of the oppression was the Israelis oppression of Palestine- and hence based on this he initaited a bloody revolt against the US and their Muslim "stooges". the fun thing is that he was once their 'man' in the struggle against the the Soviets.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2011
osama was aa jew, he had long nose.

me, am Pagan n proud. cool
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 4:50pm On May 02, 2011
vedaxcool:

Haba! even if you do not guide yourself by moral principle, i think the truth should be more paramount than atheistic revelationary lies , nowhere did Osama claimed he recieved revelation directly from God, rather he had long accused the US of oppressing muslims - chief of the oppression was the Israelis oppression of Palestine- and hence based on this he initaited a bloody revolt against the US and their Muslim "stooges". the fun thing is that he was once their 'man' in the struggle against the the Soviets.

Oh? It seems you want to deny the man now that he is dead. The fact is that he tried to follow the Qur'an scrupulously which shows that he strongly believed that he was doing God's work. This is what I mean by faith and revelation here. And I never said he received it [b]directly [/b]from God but think of it this way. If he so strongly believed that the Qur'an was the absolute word of God and he tried his best to follow it, would you say he was being led by it? (No matter how bad you think his interpretation of it may be.)
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Azibalua(f): 4:51pm On May 02, 2011
I hope someone actually preached christ to him while he lived
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 4:59pm On May 02, 2011
Martian:

Osama's god has already being disproven by newmi so he is right. All we need now is for him to tell us how he got to the conclusion that Osama was wrong and that he is right. Once we get the facts, then we can apply the same method to disprove newmi's god and we'll see who is right. Newmi or Osama.

Well newmi may have a point since he's alive and Osama dead.

Martian:

Maybe they just worship the same god under different names with different egomaniacal, sadistic and loving characteristics.
At least objective people know that an entity such as allah/yahweh doesn't exist.
Now let's wait for the next jacka_s to get a revelation from god that god hates the same people and things he hates.

Yes. God does tend to share our particular opinions. He even reveals himself more to us as we change our opinions.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 5:00pm On May 02, 2011
Azibalua:

So he can go to hell? What about his virgins? Don't tell me he was wrong.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by manmustwac(m): 5:56pm On May 02, 2011
newmi:

How do you expect somebody who was born and bred in Saudi Arabia (which just happens to be the heart of islam) to give his life to some jewish dude called CHRIST!!!
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2011
There are several positive ideals one could learn from the man Osama Bin Ladin
1. His leardership qualities
Outside the idea of whether what he was involved in was right or wrong, it takes great and influencial leader to masterfilly raise others to think, act, live like him and inspire continuity
2. His commitment and consistency to his course
The man was an example of determination and total dedication to a course

3. His extent of sacrifice
Though he was very rich by inheritance and could afford the best of all pleasures, luxury and satisfaction that money can bring yet for the sake of "the course" he had embraced, he choose to deny himself prefering rather to live in caves, buildings in isolated areas and mountains logically to operate incognito.
Though in his own eyes he felt justified but if he never had Jesus Christ he is doomed
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 6:11pm On May 02, 2011
Azibalua:

I hope so too
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 6:17pm On May 02, 2011
[/quote][quote author=PAGAN 9JA link=topic=658160.msg8245940#msg8245940 date=1304350523]
me, am Pagan n proud. cool
So as a proud Pagan what do you believe
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 6:45pm On May 02, 2011
manmustwac:

How do you expect somebody who was born and bred in Saudi Arabia (which just happens to be the heart of islam) to give his life to some jewish dude called CHRIST!!!
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 7:55pm On May 02, 2011
newmi:

John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Sorry but he did not really give his son since this son resurrected and went up to heaven. Compare this to Jephthah's daughter and Abraham's intended sacrifice.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Goldieluks: 8:09pm On May 02, 2011
newmi:

@OP,
i don't think he gave his life to Christ,
and that is the most saddest of all.
Take a look at this,and see how many souls are burning in hell,because of disobedience.
its so sad,but true,that is why those of us who still have life,should dedicate it all to God our maker. smiley

http://www.testimoniesofheavenandhell.com/2011/03/angelica-zambrano-was-shown-the-kingdoms-of-heaven-and-hell-and-the-return-of-christ/
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by vedaxcool(m): 9:19pm On May 02, 2011
thehomer:

Oh? It seems you want to deny the man now that he is dead. The fact is that he tried to follow the Qur'an scrupulously which shows that he strongly believed that he was doing God's work. This is what I mean by faith and revelation here. And I never said he received it directly [/b]from God but think of it this way. If he so strongly believed that the Qur'an was the absolute word of God and he tried his best to follow it, would you say he was being led by it? (No matter how bad you think his interpretation of it may be.)

Just accept that you this was more of a freudian slip rather than re-inventing the meaning of what you wroe

thehomer:

Seriously, how can [b]you
say he was wrong? He received his commission from his God by revelation in the same way many other religious people do which is by faith and revelation.

I think it would have made more sense if you said he recieves his oders from the Qur'an, as in Islamic literature to recieve commision from God by revelation simply means God communicating directly to you, and your association to other religion only indicates how "knowledagble" you actually are, as Christians do claim they spek to God directly, a lot of religious people claim they speak to God directly. this is simply what one could understand from your write - up, now that you have re-interpreted sorry clarified what you meant then i will tell you this, Al-qaeda was formed basically to repel the soviet from Afganistan, then Al-Qaeda was actually the sweet heart of the US, now to claim that Bin - Laden was following the Qur'an to the best ofhis ability is myopic and serially helirious. As most of his actions were not directly based on the Qur'an but more of scholars sanctioning what they deem to be fit in certain circumstance, for instance there is nowhere you would find the Qur'an telling you to commit suicide or engage in suicide bombings, but what the Al-qaeda operatives will tell you is that based on this exceptionally circumstance we order the follwoing actions against our enemies. I believe that before you start claiming that he was following the Qur'an, do take your time tos study what you claimed he was absolutely following. Definately Osama was fighting a political course using religious flair. that is simply what he did. what is more funny is tat we can claim that he was led by the Qur'an inspite of whether he wrongly intepreted it, i beg to differ, if someone mis-inteprete a map and looses his way can you in all honestl=y claim he was actually being LED by the map? i doff my heart at such "intelligent" thinking indeed. Nowhere in the world would you hear someone say such a person was led by the MAP. so also it would not make sense to say that Osama mis-intepreted the Qu'an and then follow his misintepretation to the best of his ability and at the end of the day conclude that he was LED by the Qur'an. Not even Hitlers strng hatred for the humanity would make him say such
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 7:13am On May 03, 2011
Goldieluks:

@OP,
Take a look at this,and see how many souls are burning in hell,because of disobedience.
its so sad,but true,that is why those of us who still have life,should dedicate it all to God our maker. smiley

http://www.testimoniesofheavenandhell.com/2011/03/angelica-zambrano-was-shown-the-kingdoms-of-heaven-and-hell-and-the-return-of-christ/

Thanks for link l'll visit the site
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2011
newmi:

So as a proud Pagan what do you believe

As aa Proud Pagan, I believe in The Maguzawa traditions of the Hausa peoples. I believe in the old Gods/spirits, in preserving my culture, in respecting nature, in treating animals fairly as we treat humans, in delving into the mysteries of this planet,in finding my true self or my inner-soul, in science and d fact dat we r descended from ape-lyk creatures, etc. We believe dat derz a main God but that he has d power to divide or change his forms in order to govern d different aspects of life.
In short, I believe in myself. so i am Pagan.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2011
Goldieluks:

@OP,

Thanks for link l'll visit the site
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by dare2think: 5:03pm On May 03, 2011
Azibalua:

The most myopic and ignorant statement have heard in the religious thread. (And, i have heard a lot). Pointless chain of thought.

@post

I've always suspected your bigotry (look up the meaning), but wow, you give it a new dimension. Please read more so you stop spewing out ignorance. An hardcore Jihadist, who believed in the extermination of jews and western ideals, yet you are asking if he gave his "Heart" to Christ before he died.

Damn, pls do you know the meaning of "Fundamentalism"? undecided
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2011
these xtians think dat da power of christ is so vast dat he can even conquer aa hardcor fundamentalist. but what dey dont realise is that throughout the ages, christianity has expanded mostly through d whim of d sword by forced conversions and blackmail by offering d poor tribes food n education in return for religious conversion. im speakin about d missionaries ofcourse. angry angry angry angry
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Mpetempe(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2011
Osama bin laden is a shame to saudi arabi.
The only lesson to learn from shameless Osama goes to his fellow jihadist.
Osama said "i am a man who loves death. The Americans love life."
There are many little, little Osamas in Nigeria but i believe one day shall be one day monkey go go market i no reture.
I dey hail northern Osamas and also wishing them an end just like Osama bin laden 1 of saudi.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 8:07pm On May 03, 2011
vedaxcool:

Just accept that you this was more of a freudian slip rather than re-inventing the meaning of what you wroe

That was no slip, it was what I wrote. It just seems that you misunderstood what I was saying.

vedaxcool:

I think it would have made more sense if you said he recieves his oders from the Qur'an, as in Islamic literature to recieve commision from God by revelation simply means God communicating directly to you, and your association to other religion only indicates how "knowledagble" you actually are, as Christians do claim they spek to God directly, a lot of religious people claim they speak to God directly. this is simply what one could understand from your write - up,

You may go out and ask Christians what they understand the great commission to be and how they came to realize what it says.

vedaxcool:

now that you have re-interpreted sorry clarified what you meant then i will tell you this, Al-qaeda was formed basically to  repel the soviet from Afganistan, then Al-Qaeda was actually the sweet heart of the US, now to claim that Bin - Laden was following the Qur'an to the best ofhis ability is myopic and serially helirious.

Is it really? Yet those who follow his lead and those he associates with call themselves Muslims. Are you saying they're not Muslims?

vedaxcool:

As most of his actions were not directly based on the Qur'an but more of scholars sanctioning  what they deem to be fit in certain circumstance, for instance there is nowhere you would find the Qur'an telling you to commit suicide or engage in suicide bombings, but what the Al-qaeda operatives will tell you is that based on this exceptionally circumstance we order the follwoing actions against our enemies.  I believe that before you start claiming that he was following the Qur'an, do take your time tos study what you claimed he was absolutely following.

And these scholars, what is their specialty? Are they literature scholars or history scholars? What is their specialty? Go ahead stray into the No True Scotsman fallacy which is what happens when one says those people there are not true muslims because they are committing suicide. Ask yourself, in a jihad, what is a person's most precious asset which they must be prepared to lay down?

vedaxcool:

Definately Osama was fighting a political course using religious flair. that is simply what he did. what is more funny is tat we can claim that he was led by the Qur'an inspite of whether he wrongly intepreted it, i beg to differ, if someone mis-inteprete a map  and looses his way can you in all honestl=y claim he was actually  being LED by the map? i doff my heart at such "intelligent" thinking indeed. Nowhere in the world would you hear someone say such a person was led by the MAP. so also it would not make sense to say that Osama mis-intepreted the Qu'an and then follow his misintepretation to the best of his ability and at the end of the day conclude that he was LED by the Qur'an. Not even Hitlers strng hatred for the humanity would make him  say such

A map is not really comparable to a religious text because religious texts cannot be wrong while maps can be wrong. Think about this for a minute. Can one religious person tell another that their interpretation of the text is wrong? How do you know that your interpretation is the right one? But do you think a map reader can tell another map reader that their reading is wrong? How can they tell?
You see, religious knowledge is by revelation while the other is actually by having the knowledge required to read maps. This is how wise people think and are able to draw appropriate analogies unlike the others.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Image123(m): 8:20pm On May 03, 2011
Lesson?? From Osama or Obama?
One day na one day, sinner man go die he no go fiti come back, he no go fiti come back, to repent again.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by vedaxcool(m): 5:13pm On May 04, 2011
thehomer:

That was no slip, it was what I wrote. It just seems that you misunderstood what I was saying.

thehomer:

You may go out and ask Christians what they understand the great commission to be and how they came to realize what it says.

You were talking of a Muslim so where does Christians understanding of commission fit in this? talk of writing for the sake of writing!! or do you mean that Osama is actually a Christian? that would be hilarious

thehomer:

Is it really? Yet those who follow his lead and those he associates with call themselves Muslims. Are you saying they're not Muslims?

Can you point where I said they not Muslims? Is it so hard to understand what I wrote in plain English I clearly point out that Al-Qaeda was formed basically to repel the Soviets where does it signifies that they are not Muslims! you replies are even more mind mumbling than the thread!

thehomer:

And these scholars, what is their specialty? Are they literature scholars or history scholars? What is their specialty? Go ahead stray into the No True Scotsman fallacy which is what happens when one says those people there are not true muslims because they are committing suicide. Ask yourself, in a jihad, what is a person's most precious asset which they must be prepared to lay down?

Which Scholars, how were you able to know what their speciality is?
So because something is actually someone's specialization it means that the person is 100% correct every time? it is very pathetic when people argue for the sake of argument. As using common sense one would know that a person can easily be mistaken in certain cases whether or not it is his speciality.But what can I say drowning men clutches on Straw!. but again i won't expect an Ignorant Critic of Islam to know any of this.

thehomer:

A map is not really comparable to a religious text because religious texts cannot be wrong while maps can be wrong. Think about this for a minute. Can one religious person tell another that their interpretation of the text is wrong? How do you know that your interpretation is the right one? But do you think a map reader can tell another map reader that their reading is wrong? How can they tell?
You see, religious knowledge is by revelation while the other is actually by having the knowledge required to read maps. This is how wise people think and are able to draw appropriate analogies unlike the others.

Oh! clap for yourself, One would not know how truly "intelligent" you actually. Again you are simply insisting that when someone misinterpreted something it actually means he is following it to the latter only belittles reason and insults common sense. If that is how you reason, then it is little wonder why you do not belief in God. What sensible people that use their brain in understanding things do is these; if you lack understanding or have no knowledge of something you first enlighten yourself, not just criticise for the sake of criticism. brainlessly wondering around talking of things you do of even have an inkling of understanding of, then pretend or should I say deceive yourself that you have somewhat become an expert in such field. imagine an illiterate who can't read pretending he is an authority in Reading. this is the sort of deceit that earn people comfortable spots in hideous places. What sensible people do, sir, is they get knowledge of what they are discussing before insisting that anybody's  opinion a in religion is right. As right from the time of the prophet Muhammad establishment of Islam, the prophet had clearly set rules of engagement during war, as he clearly forbade attacking; trees. animals, old people, women, children and people that are not armed, yet if a group arises and says that it wants to the contrary, then common sense should at least inform those that want to ignorantly and blindly argue, that they are clear criteria set in ever religion that certain are non - negotiable. in the case of suicide ALLAH himself warned against committing suicide in the Qur'an. Knowledgeable Critics of Islam have even indicated that Islamic form Jihad does not involve Genocide or totally wiping out entire people as the bible often indicates in its story of Jewish struggle against their enemies, rather they indicate that it involves only ARMED section of the people you are fighting against. A word they say should be enough for the wise.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 5:48pm On May 04, 2011
Image123:

Lesson?? From Osama or Obama?
One day na one day, sinner man go die he no go fiti come back, he no go fiti come back, to repent again.
True talk but l would rather sing one day one day sinner man go live to see him need Jesus him no go die but live and serve the Lord.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 7:10pm On May 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

You were talking of a Muslim so where does Christians understanding of commission fit in this? talk of writing for the sake of writing!! or do you mean that Osama is actually a Christian? that would be hilarious

I'm simply pointing out to you that a person claiming to have received a commission does not necessarily mean God spoke to the person since clerics and other such people also interpret whatever they read in some way.

vedaxcool:

Can you point where I said they not Muslims? Is it so hard to understand what I wrote in plain English I clearly point out that Al-Qaeda was formed basically to repel the Soviets where does it signifies that they are not Muslims! you replies are even more mind mumbling than the thread!

You don't have to say that directly, that is the implication of what you said there. Saying that it is hilarious to think that bin Laden was following the Qur'an implies that you think he wasn't. You really need to learn to understand what you write.

vedaxcool:

Which Scholars, how were you able to know what their speciality is?

Are you asking a serious question here? Go out and watch some clips of these scholars and clerics advocating violence.

vedaxcool:

So because something is actually someone's specialization it means that the person is 100% correct every time? it is very pathetic when people argue for the sake of argument. As using common sense one would know that a person can easily be mistaken in certain cases whether or not it is his speciality.But what can I say drowning men clutches on Straw!. but again i won't expect an Ignorant Critic of Islam to know any of this.

You're saying rubbish here. One person may be mistaken but when we have such opinions being so widespread that they have a relatively large following, what do we make of it? Keep in mind that this is a religious interpretation which means it is by revelation and faith not by evidence. Go out and learn about your religion and the uses it has been put to.

vedaxcool:

Oh! clap for yourself, One would not know how truly "intelligent" you actually. Again you are simply insisting that when someone misinterpreted something it actually means he is following it to the latter only belittles reason and insults common sense. If that is how you reason, then it is little wonder why you do not belief in God. What sensible people that use their brain in understanding things do is these; if you lack understanding or have no knowledge of something you first enlighten yourself, not just criticise for the sake of criticism. brainlessly wondering around talking of things you do of even have an inkling of understanding of, then pretend or should I say deceive yourself that you have somewhat become an expert in such field. imagine an illiterate who can't read pretending he is an authority in Reading. this is the sort of deceit that earn people comfortable spots in hideous places. What sensible people do, sir, is they get knowledge of what they are discussing before insisting that anybody's  opinion a in religion is right. As right from the time of the prophet Muhammad establishment of Islam, the prophet had clearly set rules of engagement during war, as he clearly forbade attacking; trees. animals, old people, women, children and people that are not armed, yet if a group arises and says that it wants to the contrary, then common sense should at least inform those that want to ignorantly and blindly argue, that they are clear criteria set in ever religion that certain are non - negotiable. in the case of suicide ALLAH himself warned against committing suicide in the Qur'an. Knowledgeable Critics of Islam have even indicated that Islamic form Jihad does not involve Genocide or totally wiping out entire people as the bible often indicates in its story of Jewish struggle against their enemies, rather they indicate that it involves only ARMED section of the people you are fighting against. A word they say should be enough for the wise.

Here you simply show that you are unable to think clearly. An illiterate reading? That brings a certain person to mind.
What you are doing above is simply committing the No True Scotsman fallacy. I advice you to read up on it and stop sounding like an illiterate. According to you, whoever kills an old person in a war is not a Muslim? Since when did that become a criterion for a person to become a Muslim? Please do yourself a favour and educate yourself out of your ignorant babble.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Joagbaje(m): 7:53am On May 05, 2011
@ all
I want to fly to Osama bin laden's house through google earth. Does anyone know the coordinates ?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2011
thehomer:

Well newmi may have a point since he's alive and Osama dead.

thehuxley sorry thehomer, do you really believe that OBL is dead, since you have not seen the evidence?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here is the text of one ex-atheist testimony.... / Tb Joshua-the World Greatest And Most Persecuted / How To Live Above Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.