Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,794 members, 7,841,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin (1772 Views)

Learning From Young Atheists: What Turned Them Off Christianity / An Atheist Needs To Be Rich (learning From Private Jet Pastors' Swag) / Prayer Request For The Pope ! Osama Bin Ladin Promised To Visit Him Soon: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by vedaxcool(m): 8:37am On May 05, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

thehuxley sorry thehomer, do you really believe that OBL is dead, since you have not seen the evidence?

Ouch that gonna hurt grin grin grin grin
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2011
vedaxcool:

Trust me, it really hurts. wink

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20090220.gif[/img]
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by vedaxcool(m): 9:48am On May 05, 2011
^^^^

it is a heart ripper grin grin grin grin

thehomer:

I'm simply pointing out to you that a person claiming to have received a commission does not necessarily mean God spoke to the person since clerics and other such people also interpret whatever they read in some way.

Rubbish!
By Islamic theology, I am telling you that it means communicating with God, and you were talking of Osama not just any person.

thehomer:

You don't have to say that directly, that is the implication of what you said there. Saying that it is hilarious to think that bin Laden was following the Qur'an implies that you think he wasn't. You really need to learn to understand what you write.

Oh! now you are able to read peoples' mind? rubbish.

thehomer:

Are you asking a serious question here? Go out and watch some clips of these scholars and clerics advocating violence.

Seriously points out how you came to know it was their speciality, do you have their certificate of specialization?

thehomer:

You're saying rubbish here. One person may be mistaken but when we have such opinions being so widespread that they have a relatively large following, what do we make of it? Keep in mind that this is a religious interpretation which means it is by revelation and faith not by evidence. Go out and learn about your religion and the uses it has been put to.

Evidence please, so you mean to say a million people( this does not even entail a million) that belief in a certain thing are definately right? Che! if this is what clear thinking umeans to you, then I am wasting my time here and  wide spread opinion according to whom?the wide spread  opinion in Islam is that "Violence that targets civilians and maim aimlessly is very much forbidden". Keep in mind that religious interpretation is based on  scriptures which are written clearly for people to understand. So it is very much impossible to read don't do this to mean do this? But we should not expect a self confessed Ignoramus in Islamic matters that pretend to read peoples mind using the spirit of holy atheism, to know, would we?

thehomer:

Here you simply show that you are unable to think clearly. An illiterate reading? That brings a certain person to mind.
What you are doing above is simply committing the No True Scotsman fallacy. I advice you to read up on it and stop sounding like an illiterate. According to you, whoever kills an old person in a war is not a Muslim? Since when did that become a criterion for a person to become a Muslim? Please do yourself a favour and educate yourself out of your ignorant babble.

Scotsman Fallacy; you evidently have delusions that you suffer from, as your usual inability to things leaves you a mere joke in intellectual circles, as i asked can any reasonable person say that a man that misinterpret the Qur'an is actually following it, only Mr. Scotsman Fallacy can actually think like that. Again like i advise be sensible enough to understand what Islam entails before commenting on it, that is what sensible and reasonable people do, not yell Scotsman Fallacy because u have nothing sensible to say And for goodness sake where did I say whoever kills an old person in a war is not a Muslim, are u well at all, apparently you do not have any iota of clear thinking to understand what we are discussing that is why you keep misinterpreting simple plain English I wrote.

I am done with you,  it seems you are only interested in repeating your vague and unintelligent points,that only seems interested in replying things that are not alluded.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 11:51pm On May 05, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^

it is a heart ripper grin grin grin grin

Rubbish!
By Islamic theology, I am telling you that it means communicating with God, and you were talking of Osama not just any person.

I hope you realize that according to this, even the clerics and scholars are basically no better off than the person reading through the Qur'an who has some background knowledge on Arab history.

vedaxcool:

Oh! now you are able to read peoples' mind? rubbish.

I'm not reading your mind, I'm simply showing that you don't even know what you're thinking based on what you said.

vedaxcool:

Seriously points out how you came to know it was their speciality, do you have their certificate of specialization?

No I don't but then, I don't have anyone's certificate of specialization. Not even Mohammed's certificate.

vedaxcool:

Evidence please, so you mean to say a million people( this does not even entail a million) that belief in a certain thing are definately right? Che! if this is what clear thinking umeans to you, then I am wasting my time here and  wide spread opinion according to whom?the wide spread  opinion in Islam is that "Violence that targets civilians and maim aimlessly is very much forbidden". Keep in mind that religious interpretation is based on  scriptures which are written clearly for people to understand. So it is very much impossible to read don't do this to mean do this? But we should not expect a self confessed Ignoramus in Islamic matters that pretend to read peoples mind using the spirit of holy atheism, to know, would we?

So here we have Islamic scholars, clerics and the likes saying things about the Qur'an that are not true. Please tell me, is there any sort of punishment for such people?

vedaxcool:

Scotsman Fallacy; you evidently have delusions that you suffer from, as your usual inability to things leaves you a mere joke in intellectual circles, as i asked can any reasonable person say that a man that misinterpret the Qur'an is actually following it, only Mr. Scotsman Fallacy can actually think like that. Again like i advise be sensible enough to understand what Islam entails before commenting on it, that is what sensible and reasonable people do, not yell Scotsman Fallacy because u have nothing sensible to say And for goodness sake where did I say whoever kills an old person in a war is not a Muslim, are u well at all, apparently you do not have any iota of clear thinking to understand what we are discussing that is why you keep misinterpreting simple plain English I wrote.

I am done with you,  it seems you are only interested in repeating your vague and unintelligent points,that only seems interested in replying things that are not alluded.

How do you know they're misinterpreting it? Is it by faith or by what's in the book? Since they use both of these to arrive at their own actions.
You need to start thinking with your brain rather than simply vomiting the first notion that pops into what you mistake for a brain. Carefully go back and read what you wrote and understand what they imply. If they are Muslims and we understand that for one to be a Muslim that person has to understand and follow the Qur'an, then what on earth is your argument?
Please go to school and learn.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 11:55pm On May 05, 2011
vedaxcool:

OLAADEGBU:

Trust me, it really hurts. wink

It seems I've been able to do something that many may have wondered if it was actually possible. Uniting OLAADEGBU and vedaxcool. Now to sow the seed of discord.

Who was Jesus? A mere prophet or the son of God?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 11:59pm On May 05, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

thehuxley sorry thehomer, do you really believe that OBL is dead, since you have not seen the evidence?

Yes I think he's dead based on what has been shown e.g the house where he stayed, the reactions of the American and the Pakistani governments, the reaction of the groups and people who supported his cause etc.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:31am On May 06, 2011
thehomer:

Yes I think he's dead based on what has been shown e.g the house where he stayed, the reactions of the American and the Pakistani governments, the reaction of the groups and people who supported his cause etc.

Hmmm.  That is interesting.   So you believe in eyewitnesses and journalists' account, despite the absence of any pictorial evidence of the death and burial of OBL?  Who said evolutionists don't have faith except when it comes to the Bible?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 9:29pm On May 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

@ all
I want to fly to Osama bin laden's house through google earth. Does anyone know the coordinates ?
please explain your point
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 9:23am On May 08, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Hmmm.  That is interesting.   So you believe in eyewitnesses and journalists' account, despite the absence of any pictorial evidence of the death and burial of OBL?  Who said evolutionists don't have faith except when it comes to the Bible?

Seeing a picture is not the only type of evidence available especially when we know that they can be easily altered. Consider that Al Qaeda itself admits that he's dead.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2011
thehomer:

Seeing a picture is not the only type of evidence available especially when we know that they can be easily altered. Consider that Al Qaeda itself admits that he's dead.
But do we have any cause to doubt claims of his death?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 2:42pm On May 08, 2011
newmi:

But do we have any cause to doubt claims of his death?

I'm not saying I doubt that he is dead just that in principle, it is better for one to doubt extraordinary claims and this claim while not being extraordinary should be doubted unless there are good reasons for the contrary.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Joagbaje(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2011
newmi:

please explain your point

What I meant was that I wanted to locate the house Osama was killed through google earth. If any one has the coordinate to the house.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 8:26pm On May 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

What I meant was that I wanted to locate the house Osama was killed through google earth. If any one has the coordinate to the house.
So any luck with your google earth adventure?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Joagbaje(m): 8:50pm On May 08, 2011
I think this is it

34.16927N 73.24169E
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:52pm On May 08, 2011
thehomer:

therationathehomer,

The fact is that in the absence of any physical evidence you believe that OBL is dead.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by yommyuk: 5:41am On May 09, 2011
@post

I get your point. It is called passion.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2011
Joagbaje:

I think this is it

34.16927N 73.24169E
Lol haba how can l interprete that 34.16927N 73.24169E of where?
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by Joagbaje(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2011
It's called GPS coordinates.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by thehomer: 6:56pm On May 09, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

therationathehomer,

The fact is that in the absence of any physical evidence you believe that OBL is dead.

I don't have to handle the physical evidence to be able to conclude that he is dead. That is the beauty of the modern society in which we live.
Re: Something To Learning From Osama Bin Ladin by newmi(m): 6:21pm On May 11, 2011
If there is any doubt about the death of Osama Bin Ladin then it doesn't make any sense claims that his sons are angry with the manner there fatherwas killed and many muslims in some quarters feel that the US insulted lslamic burial rites in the way they disposed the man's body.
The man is dead and gone, but like l mentioned earlier the man's leadership qualities are worthy of emulating but l will always be touched by the thought that if he didn't confess and accept Jesus Christ then he is in hell.

THIS IS TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN! ! !
WHILE THERE IS STILL BREATH AND YOU ARE ALIVE PLEASE OPEN THE DOORS OF YOUR AND LET JESUS CHRIST IN HE LOVES YOU AND WANTS TO HELP YOU. . .SAY THIS PRAYER: DEAR JESUS I BELIEVE IN MY HEART THAT YOU CAME TO DIE FOR ME TO I ASK THAT YOU WASH MY SINS WITH YOUR PRECIOUS BLOOD I GIVE YOU MY LIFE AND I RECEIVE YOUR LIFE. FROM HENCEFORTH YOU ARE MY LORD AND MY SAVIOUR, PRAISE GOD I AM SAVED GOD IS MY FATHER AND AM HIS CHILD AM BORNAGIAN

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Faces N2 Billion Lawsuit For Assaulting Female Church Member / Tb Joshua-the World Greatest And Most Persecuted / What Did Jesus Write On The Ground? (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.