Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

IPOB Cannot Give Sit-at-home Order In Rivers – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Cannot Give Sit-at-home Order In Rivers – Wike (342 Views)

IPOB Cannot Be Compared To Miyetti Allah – Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer Replies Soyinka / IPOB Cannot Dictate What Happens In Imo State - Governor / IPOB Cannot Do Anything Ijelespeaks Enters Abia State VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Cannot Give Sit-at-home Order In Rivers – Wike by gistsmill04: 4:33am On Jun 02, 2021
It would be recalled that a few days ago, Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) leader, Nnamdi Kanu gave a sit-at-home order to people in Imo state.

Reacting to such order, governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Wike, has said such order can’t work in Rivers state under his watch.

Wike was involved in an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today where he declared that IPOB doesn’t exist in Rivers.

Wike said, “IPOB cannot make an order for people to sit at home in Rivers State. I have said so clearly before because it doesn’t exist in Rivers State. Rivers State is not part of South-East. Rivers State is South-South, we’re in the Niger Delta.

“I’m not saying whether the people in the South-East shouldn’t obey what IPOB has said or not. But they cannot give orders to Rivers people to sit at home.”

The Imo state government has earlier called on the people to ignore the order.
The state’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, charged the people to disobey the order.

He said: “Just when the government has successfully brought the state back to normalcy, these vicious enemies have contrived another rumour to the effect that security agents have been instructed to shoot and kill Imo youths extra judicially.

I am here to urge my dear Imo youths to ignore this baseless rumour of them being targets of intimidation or assault by security agents, as the originators of this rumour are those who have vowed to make Imo ungovernable.

I am, therefore, using this medium to appeal to our parents and guardians to rein in their children and wards against any form of demonstration in this volatile time.

Those who are stoking the embers of this crisis will not put forward their children to be part of the battle. That is why my fellow parents should not allow their children to be Cannon fodder in a purely mindless matter.

Once again, the government has not given any order for either the arrest or killing of innocent Imo youths. So, law-abiding citizens should go about their legitimate businesses without any fear or panic,”

Do you think the sit-at-home order was a wrong move from Nnamdi Kanu? Why do you think the people of Imo decided to adhere to Nnamdi Kanu’ s order?

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/06/ipob-cannot-give-sit-at-home-order-rivers-wike.html

(1) (Reply)

Did The Federal Government Also Ban Google Playstore? / Another Nigerian Petitioned To Get Nnamdi Kanu Banned On Twitter / APC Defends Buhari’s Suspension Of Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.