Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,337 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West (24802 Views)

Akeredolu: Foreigners From Mali Trained In Libya Behind Attack On Owo Church / Kunle Togun To Tinubu: Why Did APC Fool Nigerians With Restructuring Promise? / Kunle Togun: South-West Has Been Invaded By Foreign Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by Curious345: 12:09am On Jun 04, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Kwara historically belonged to Sokoto, Sokoto was a Fulani hegemony. In either event, that is of little importance because the two groups live side by side and in peace.

benue and plateau are also owned by the Sokoto caliphate
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by DedeNkem: 1:27am On Jun 04, 2021
It is funny that some m*oronic Yorubas who come to bash Igbos are either ignorant or too st*upid to realize their own lands are secretly being invaded by their slave masters, Fulanis and Hausas, who are busy raping them from behind, slaughtering them and laying claim to their lands!
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by Fatalveli(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2021
NaijirianKing:
They were merely herding cattle, until some governors out of spite, banned herding in the south. With their livelihoods destroyed, unfortunately some turned to crime, not many, but enough. Similar to when okada is banned arbitrarily without finding work for those whose livelihoods have been destroyed.

The Fulani have been chased out of their bushes, their cattle stolen, and then they were officially banned from conducting their business. What else is left for them?

This is true marginalization that some in the south claim they are facing. And yet you are quiet. Some even rejoiced at the promulgation of the ban, imagine. They should not be surprised by what happened next.

Hmm. I’m starting to see the need for a breakup of Nigeria.

To a large extent, I believe both Fulanis and Igbos are highly emotional, fanatical and highly religious.

If the situation turns around and Fulanis are Christians while Igbos are Muslims. The situation would still be the same.

What you guys fail to understand is that in the eventuality of war, the Yorubas and other majority tribes in Nigeria will not stand with the Fulanis.

Even though Igbos too have some worrisome attributes, they have proved they can live together with us, make money with us, entertainment, culture mix etc all in harmony. Ever since civil war, Igbos caused less problems in Yoruba land compared to Hausa Fulani.

Yorubas personally don’t gain much from Hausa Fulani, and I am being factual. Also, things are relatively normal now because Fulanis are mostly on the offensive because of whatever the agenda is, which is why you want to have another Fulani president in Atiku to continue the agenda. The playing field will turn around the moment a president from the south emerges whatever the tribe is. It doesn’t matter if it’s a Yoruba or Igbo president, it must come from the south or else Nigeria breaks.

Atiku knew he was going to lose against buharis second term, but he contested with an Igbo candidate anyway so that it’ll be easier for him in 2023. For north to win again in 2023, they need a willing candidate in either Yoruba or Igbo. Divide and Rule tactics.

Plus most of you guys deep down are afraid of Tinubu becoming president for obvious reasons.

The coming days are going to be very interesting in this country.
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:51am On Jun 04, 2021
Jackson105:

Is Nigeria stopping then from pulling out of everywhere and start concentrating all their resources and all on their region?

We practice federalism man?? Not true federalism, the federal have authority over all resources man, you dey talk ooh, you dey research so, Na why the constitution need change na, so each state will be a government of it own like American states na. You just type waaaaaa
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by CodeTemplar: 5:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
NaijirianKing:
They were merely herding cattle, until some governors out of spite, banned herding in the south. With their livelihoods destroyed, unfortunately some turned to crime, not many, but enough. Similar to when okada is banned arbitrarily without finding work for those whose livelihoods have been destroyed.

The Fulani have been chased out of their bushes, their cattle stolen, and then they were officially banned from conducting their business. What else is left for them?

This is true marginalization that some in the south claim they are facing. And yet you are quiet. Some even rejoiced at the promulgation of the ban, imagine. They should not be surprised by what happened next.

?
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by Image123(m): 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2021
Ola17:

I thought as much. I was able to infer from your comments that you must have supported APC at one point. You just don’t want to admit that you made a bad choice, for reasons best known to you.

You know, it surprises me that you are shocked Buhari didn’t deliver. Come on, what did you expect going by his antecedents in the 80’s? What do you expect from a coup plotter?

Yes, everything boils down to Bosun’s apt ‘prophecy’. We have to look at the bigger picture.

Actually you should KNOW as much not just THINK as much, given that you quoted my post from 2014 asking "How market."
Buhari was and remains a better choice than GEJ and i will choose him again if i MUST choose between the 2. GEJ was a confirmed failure and spineless person for a leader. All he had was a so called "covenant child" and luck. He had NO single qualification for leadership and demonstrated none.
Make no mistakes, Buhari is not doing well either and i do not support his mode of governance like i have said clearly. But it has nothing to do with so called prophecies or islamisation agendas. Under GEJ, Nigeria was literally on the brink and not even destined for survival beyond 2015 even according to other learned researchers and institutions. At least Buhari still dey carry the Nigeria for 6years till 2021 and can still salvage or contain the situation if he changes the mode of doing things.
GEJ was a product of trailing gaffes both locally and internationally, while Buhari of then was at least able to hold sane conversations with the likes of Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN and Channelstv etc. He also had a great team around him and his campaign. But he became a bad coach with great players. i think the AC or is it ACN side of APC would have done very well, but PMB went ANPP and nepotistic, and literally developed hearing problem. And like the Bible verse i quoted to you about an old king that cannot be admonished, things went bad. Still, PDP could not produce hope but still went bandying Atiku and co around. Asides from not being able to vote, i would not have wasted my time anyways. And realistically, those are the only two parties. Other platforms had better candidates but no party. SO i do not regret voting PMB against GEJ. He was clearly the better of the two. The only things they could throw against him were sentiments like islamisation and not having certificate. Those have been irrelevant so far.
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by Ola17: 7:13am On Jun 05, 2021
Image123:

Actually you should KNOW as much not just THINK as much, given that you quoted my post from 2014 asking "How market."
Buhari was and remains a better choice than GEJ and i will choose him again if i MUST choose between the 2. GEJ was a confirmed failure and spineless person for a leader. All he had was a so called "covenant child" and luck. He had NO single qualification for leadership and demonstrated none.
Make no mistakes, Buhari is not doing well either and i do not support his mode of governance like i have said clearly. But it has nothing to do with so called prophecies or islamisation agendas. Under GEJ, Nigeria was literally on the brink and not even destined for survival beyond 2015 even according to other learned researchers and institutions. At least Buhari still dey carry the Nigeria for 6years till 2021 and can still salvage or contain the situation if he changes the mode of doing things.
GEJ was a product of trailing gaffes both locally and internationally, while Buhari of then was at least able to hold sane conversations with the likes of Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN and Channelstv etc. He also had a great team around him and his campaign. But he became a bad coach with great players. i think the AC or is it ACN side of APC would have done very well, but PMB went ANPP and nepotistic, and literally developed hearing problem. And like the Bible verse i quoted to you about an old king that cannot be admonished, things went bad. Still, PDP could not produce hope but still went bandying Atiku and co around. Asides from not being able to vote, i would not have wasted my time anyways. And realistically, those are the only two parties. Other platforms had better candidates but no party. SO i do not regret voting PMB against GEJ. He was clearly the better of the two. The only things they could throw against him were sentiments like islamisation and not having certificate. Those have been irrelevant so far.

My goodness!
Buhari a better leader than Jonathan? Your comment is contradictory to say the least, what makes a great leader in a democratic government is being able to listen and take advice, you clearly stated that Buhari doesn’t listen. GEJ’s gaffes pales in comparison to Buhari’s, with the policy somersault and all and even recent happenings proves this to be true.

If indeed Jonathan is spineless, what has Buhari that is full of spines achieved? General insecurity, banditry, terrorism kidnappings are at an all time high. Inflation, reckless devaluation of Naira etc has never been this bad.

Before you mention the price of crude, as at today crude trades above $70 a barrel. Even when oil was trading below $20 during OBJ’s time things weren’t this terrible.

Are you saying that things are better now than they were 6 years ago?
Re: Ajibola Togun: Fulani Men From Mali, Niger, Chad Have Infiltrated South-West by Image123(m): 12:00am On Jun 06, 2021
Ola17:

My goodness!
Buhari a better leader than Jonathan? Your comment is contradictory to say the least, what makes a great leader in a democratic government is being able to listen and take advice, you clearly stated that Buhari doesn’t listen. GEJ’s gaffes pales in comparison to Buhari’s, with the policy somersault and all and even recent happenings proves this to be true.

If indeed Jonathan is spineless, what has Buhari that is full of spines achieved? General insecurity, banditry, terrorism kidnappings are at an all time high. Inflation, reckless devaluation of Naira etc has never been this bad.

Before you mention the price of crude, as at today crude trades above $70 a barrel. Even when oil was trading below $20 during OBJ’s time things weren’t this terrible.

Are you saying that things are better now than they were 6 years ago?

Very simple, there would not even be a country left to run if it was GEJ. He was never a leader. Buhari is a bad and changed leader.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pandora Papers: I Have $15 Million In Offshore Accounts - Peter Obi / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Has Loopholes – Al-mustapha / Food Dealers Agree To Lift Ban On Supply To South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.