Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer (11642 Views)

Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Shocking Salary From My To-be Boss. / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by West2019(m): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2021
You mean one month salary or one year salarys
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2021
will advise you pick your fight wisely, if you think you can win (I didn't say if you are right. because in Nigeria right or wrong doesn't matter), take it up with the law, including your pension issues. If not, count your losses and moveee.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by sammyscholar(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
I will advise your friend to let go of the one-month salary. If they could owe others as much as 8 months' salary, how much less one month! Rather than wasting his time and effort to get a one-month salary from the company he's left since last year, he should focus on how he can get a better job or start a business of his.

Cheers!
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Cerebellum: 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
Cholls:
[img]https:///media/6-10-2018/nFVMcC.gif[/img]

You and this your sticker

Iffa catch you ehngrin
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Ezedon(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2021
femmyapson:
is that all you have to sayM sad
Yes, confront him and collect your money
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by smile11s(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
You need to find an ifa, Ikenga, Amadioha, Osun or Sango priest or priestess and table the matter. I am a priest though. We can lay a curse on them.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
Vincenzi:
Hello, Nairaland family. Please help a friend of mine who forwarded this to me:

I need some help/advice. I worked in private organisation but resigned last year. The organisation is a hospital and owes the staff salary. Currently, they are owing their staff about 8months salary. After I resigned last year,they still held on to my one month salary. I have visited there on various occasions, but it's all falling on deaf ears. The hospital is very big and well known in Lagos, yet they give excuses that they do not make money.
Please, kindly advise me how to collect this money they have been owing me for months.
I don't even want to start mentioning that they don't pay for pension even after deducting it from people's salary. Talk of daylight robbery! Please help!

Mods, please take this to the front page. Help is really needed. I can't believe that people who risk their lives will be treated in this manner.

Soro-soke, na Eko hospital? If yes let us know and maybe we can help. If not try swat
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by quincyshakur(m): 7:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
The person in charge of ur salary right now

Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by nymphomaniac(m): 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
Vincenzi:

I need some help/advice. I worked in private organisation but resigned last year. The organisation is a hospital and owes the staff salary. Currently, they are owing their staff about 8months salary. After I resigned last year,they still held on to my one month salary. I have visited there on various occasions, but it's all falling on deaf ears. The hospital is very big and well known in Lagos, yet they give excuses that they do not make money.
Please, kindly advise me how to collect this money they have been owing me for months.
I don't even want to start mentioning that they don't pay for pension even after deducting it from people's salary. Talk of daylight robbery! Please help!

Mods, please take this to the front page. Help is really needed. I can't believe that people who risk their lives will be treated in this manner.
Get a lawyer to write them a demand letter for the period owed. If he knows his onions, he will know how to progress from there.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by pakirisuitesphc(m): 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
Just approach industrial court. which state are u? so that I can give you the address.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Emotionss: 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

I don't know who I'm talking to, but if you're the one:

- Stop living in the past
- Stop feeling like a victim
- Stop doubting your abilities
- Stop relying on other people for your happiness

Get your life back.

lipsrsealed

A lot of people from the south East actually need this advice.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by fortune1968: 7:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
Just try this method - Look for a placard and write the name of the hospital boldly , then write your griviaces and any other things that n your mind . Make sure you don't call them names ( e. g . thief )
Be there at a busy time and stay in a conspicuous place outside preferably at the gate or opposite . Hold the placard and be shouting what they have done . I'm sure that by the time you do that two days , they will pay your money because the protest will embarrass them and you are on the right side of the law . Just don't look at anybody face while doing it and don't take anybody plea till you are paid .
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by judedwriter(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
I remember as a former teacher how I worked months for schools who owned me months of salaries... Unpaid.

My Bros, d money don go o....

Na so life be.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Kobicove(m): 7:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
Vincenzi:

Was he supposed to give them 1 month notice before leaving?

If he was and he didn't do it then he has to forfeit 1 month salary!
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by itoski(m): 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Working for a private organization ain't easy in this Country.
This same way my former organization is owing me 3months salary but have told myself by next week I will change all their accounts password and hold them to ransom

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by OreoPaschal(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
MrMcJay:

If you are serious about taking it up, send me a DM.
But it's not that when we hold them by the neck and their eyes see pepper, you will now turn around and start begging for them.

ESQ!

Kindly reply your mail! I just clicked on sent mail. Your services will be needed.

Thank you.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
Vincenzi:

Receipts have become super necessary in this day and time. Too much dishonesty and lack of integrity out there.

For your pension, send the management an indicting mail and bcc PENCOM. PENCOM will be at their doorstep like an uncle from the village before you say jack! cheesy grin And you'll get your remittances with interest if they're found guilty.

For your salary, you may need to go to the National Industrial Court. They're usually very eager to take up cases of this nature. 8 months is a freaking whole lot!
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Ten06(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2021
You want to collect your former salary from your former employer.
E no easyoo
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by MrMcJay(m): 7:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
OreoPaschal:

ESQ!

Kindly reply your mail! I just clicked on sent mail. Your services will be needed.

Thank you.

Done
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by lereinter(m): 7:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
900warriorz:
My brother, just face front and hustle on...stop dwelling in the past coz as you dey plan to collect that money from your employer, him too dey plan how e no go pay you so just lock up

Na so one employer no pay me for a full month job wey I do coz I port the beginning of the following month grin

Rubbish
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by greatcrown: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2021
Write to them to demand your payment or make commitment on when they will pay the salary and whe pension will be remitted.

If they failed to reply call the hr and inform him about the letter and that you are expecting reply.

I'm sure they will reply with when to pay.

If they don't pay your pension then write to pension board. For your salary if need be report them to the Lagos State arbitration. I guess the hospital is in Lagos though.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by donwitty(m): 8:46pm On Jun 03, 2021
Did you resign ‘properly’ as stated in your employment letter, or there was no employment letter at all? If you resigned properly, involve your lawyer but if there was no employment letter, just forget the money.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by joinnow: 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2021
Fuckthamods:
That's how one useless law firm in ikeja employed my brother 3 months ago and hasn't paid him till today.

Law defender breaking the law
Hope it's not charge and bail law firm
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by 900warriorz: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
lereinter:

Rubbish
I no even know how to reply you undecided
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by princewarri1985: 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
This is what all rich men do to hustling struggling Nigerians and God will purnish them. I remember 20 years ago when i worked for the owner of class motors in warri here as a laundry man and i almost work myself to death and decided to quit after 1 month and up till date the man refused to pay me my salary. The only way you can get your money from your employer is only through violence because that is the only language they understand. They are very heartless and wicked. Wish you were related to me i would have marched you down to the hospital to collect your money and he will pay you even he did not pay others with violence
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by esthel(f): 9:27pm On Jun 03, 2021
One month, leave it and move on
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by tojahh(m): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2021
Be bold and tell us the name of this BIG hospital, without it, my guy, you never ready to collect your money.

If you want you money... We must stain their garment
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by princewarri1985: 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2021
Non mind this idiot na scam oh every time na jowee powerbank he non dey let person hear word ask am how much the idiot go quiet
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by Amos1423(m): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2021
Fuckthamods:
That's how one useless law firm in ikeja employed my brother 3 months ago and hasn't paid him till today.

I was likewise employed three months ago too by an IT firm as a tutor, till date I haven't received a dime as salary not until I made up my mind to resign, but the issue here is I ended up spending my little savings to pay transport and the man is not even olannpla on paying. His excuse is; that he invested so much to prepare for N-Power training since our office is one of the approved center for the training on creative industry as such my oaynpay is tied down to disbursement by the government.

I have consulted a lawyer who demands 10k which I don't have to serve him a letter. Like this depression wan kill me.
Re: Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer by ghettochild(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
You should call out the hospital on social media.. at least to warn those who could go work there thinking its a reputable hospital

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rescue Me From My Job!! / When Is The Right Time To Take A Career Break? / Tobi Boshoro Joins The Renmoney Team As Ceo, Set Make Great Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.