Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,326 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

DSS Arrest: I Will Not Back Down From My Agitation—bodmas Kemepadei - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrest: I Will Not Back Down From My Agitation—bodmas Kemepadei (354 Views)

Asari Dokubo Mocks Nnamdi Kanu Over Arrest: "I Promised I'll Smoke You Out" / Bayelsa Government Disowns Bodmas Kemepadei Arrested For Incitement / DSS Arrests Kemepadei Bodmas For Inciting Nigerians against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DSS Arrest: I Will Not Back Down From My Agitation—bodmas Kemepadei by dmoville(m): 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
DSS Arrest: I Will Not Back Down From My Agitation—Bodmas Kemepadei

...says his release was a miracle

Prince Bodmas Kemepadei, popular blogger and Special Assistant on Media to Governor Douye Diri of Bayelsa State has revealed the reasons behind his purported arrest by the Department of State Services (DSS).

In an interview with mangrovepen.ng via phone call, the Ijaw rights activist said: "On Tuesday, at about 2pm, I received a call from a DSS official. He told me he wants to see me in his office, so I rushed down.

"When I got to the office, he said he called me based on a directive from Abuja to arrest and send me down to Abuja with immediate effect."

"But when he got the directive, he had to insist that there are some issues that can be managed because of the worsening security situation, in order not to promote insecurity in the nation.

"I asked him what was the problem, and he said it was not his place to brief me, but that it has to do with a video I made concerning the worsening security situation a few weeks ago, even before the IYC protest."

Bodmas alleged that he was accused of "treason and felony" by the DSS, explaining that he was interrogated by top officials of the Service who enquired to know his role in the recent protest embarked upon by the IYC.

According to him, the operatives also accused him of being sponsored by the governor to go ahead with the protest.

"I told the DSS not to link the state governor, that I am an Ijaw man. I have been speaking for the Ijaw people even before I was appointed and I will not back down.

"I was then taken to another very senior DSS official who spoke to me like a father and asked if I am aware of the security situation in different parts of the country. I told him my statements were not to cause any crisis but to correct the security situation in the country.

"I stressed that I am an Ijaw man, and at this point, when things are going from bad to worse, am not expected to keep quiet.

"He said based on advice and mediations that he wants to handle the matter calmly and warmly, so he later asked me to go home."

Bodmas said he received similar call from the same guy on Wednesday, inviting him to the office, but he declined the invitation, as he feared for his safety.

He described his release as a "miracle" upon reading the breaking news of his purported arrest that same Wednesday.

While admonishing Nigerians to be security conscious, Bodmas vowed not to back down on his agitation and advocacy for a better and more secured Nigeria as well as the constitution of a substantive board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

Source: https:///2Sev6Jg

(1) (Reply)

Go Beyond Suspending Twitter, Suspend Nigeria- Ozekhome Mocks FG / An Owerri Based Father With Google Exposes Georgina Onuoha, A Nollywood Actress / #june12protest: Yoruba Nation Agitators Rally In Abeokuta, Ogun State Capital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.