Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media (15875 Views)

Tinubu Govt Planning To Gag Media Ahead Of Release Of FBI Files – Atiku’s Aide / Endsars Will Seem Like A Rehearsal, If 2023 Election Is Rigged - Okon Lagos / Fayemi All Smiles At A Rehearsal For His Swearing In Tomorrow(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Kwanza: 10:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Human rights lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), says the decision of the Federal Government to suspend Twitter shows that the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has suspended Chapter IV of the 1999 Constitution.

Falana said this during a chat with The PUNCH shortly after the Federal Government announced that it had suspended Twitter indefinitely.

The human rights lawyer argued that the suspension is also at variance with the Freedom of Information Act which seeks to expand information and access to it.

The senior advocate said he was sure that Buhari’s regime would soon ban international news networks like CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera.

Falana said, “This act has confirmed the suspension of Chapter IV of the constitution. Very soon, Nigerians will be restricted to NTA and the FRCN as the only source of information. Media like Channels TV and others have been fined for embarrassing the government and they may be proscribed soon.

“The decision of the NBC to impose fines on media houses based on an illegally amended code of the Broadcasting Code. It is a rehearsal of the imminent proscription of local media organisations that publish anything considered defamatory or seditious by the government.

“With what has happened to Twitter, other media houses like CNN, BBC and Al Jazeera will also be suspended.”
https://punchng.com/twitter-ban-a-rehearsal-of-fgs-plan-to-gag-media-falana/?amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Acekidc4(m): 10:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
FG is a Modafucker. Buhari is not the one taking this decisions, To tell you all the Truth, Buhari is just a figure head ruler who was just put there as a front so as to deceive Nigerians to the reality of the Main People Ruling Us.

See let me tell you all a Secret, Everything happening in the Southeast are all well Planned Chaos by the Power of the Northern Cabal who are the one telling Buhari what to do.
But do you all know the Funniest thing; They are shooting theirselves in the Leg badly.
Mark my Words everybody, There won't be an election come 2023. That's for Sure.

Before I go, Know this and know Peace, Ahmed Gulak was assassinated intentionally in Imo by the same people controlling Buhari so as to have a reason to burn Southeast but alas na Failure go be their Position.

I Sign Out.

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2021
Shut your dirty mouth falana

You supported this government at some point

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Elvictor: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
Another sophisticated bastards on the loose again, is this the first time Buhari suspended this?
My problem with these people is that they don't read at all but claimed sophistication and education as their birthright, pathetic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Penguin2: 10:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
Elvictor:
Aother sophisticated bastards on the loose again, is this the first time Buhari suspended this?

What are you saying?

Like, are you sure you made sense out of what Falana said?

64 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by NaMe4: 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
Funny thing is these misfits used the same medium to castigate and libel the previous administration in order to wriggle their way to the helm of affairs. LOSERS!

46 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Elvictor: 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2021
Penguin2:

What are you saying?

Like, are you sure you made sense out of what Falana said?

Anybody that enthroned King of the North can never make sense to me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by klens(m): 11:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Very soon they will ban internet and create there own data SIM for government offices and Bank

3 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
While I support him to agree the FG eers in banning twitter.

FG banned twitter because they deleted the president's tweet which is also bad, cause they played ostrich a dangerous game with an unevolved sapien.

Not because there is a conspiracy, I doubt they would have banned the site with no cause. As it stands they have a valid reason, just not done in the right way (an improper nationally embarrassing, becoming behaviour).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Mindlog: 5:55am On Jun 05, 2021
Testing microphone.... 1.2.3

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 05, 2021
They are testing the waters to see how much a Nigerian can swallow
angry

3 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Obijulius: 5:56am On Jun 05, 2021
With all due respect special commendations to the Igbos who saw this disaster in 2015 and refused to support it!

The other 2 major regions voted out of sophistication(foolishness) and religious /tribal affiliation (foolishness).

The funny part is the silence of the sophisticated people in all this. I’m
Waiting for what Osibanjo - the wisest Yoruba man on earth, has to say.

May God never allow the wisdom and resilience of the Israelis and Igbos run dry!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Sunofgod(m): 5:57am On Jun 05, 2021
As long as they don't ban.......yahoo

1 Like

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by aylive02(m): 5:57am On Jun 05, 2021
To everyone that repackaged Buhari and sold to us, God p*unish you all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by InaNla(f): 5:57am On Jun 05, 2021
I personally warned Nigerians not to allow a coup plotter to be their president. They said he is a changed democrat.

All social media will soon be banned in Nigeria.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by tunwumi: 5:57am On Jun 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by tunwumi: 5:58am On Jun 05, 2021
K
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Elock1: 5:58am On Jun 05, 2021
angry
I see people trying to hail falana and co

But truth be told, he is one big fucken problem of Nigeria.
SAN Indeed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by ogawisdom(m): 5:58am On Jun 05, 2021
grin

U can only rant

The power of the office of the president is too much in this country for one to call it a democracy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Whois(m): 5:58am On Jun 05, 2021
For my people

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by stevegreatest: 5:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Blackfire(m): 5:59am On Jun 05, 2021
I ask amadioha and sango his brother that what punishment do those that brought this man in 2015 to power deserve..

They will soon reply

1 Like

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by darlenese(f): 6:00am On Jun 05, 2021
True, Facebook is next I guess
Then back to gong , town criers

Ode!

2 Likes

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by ednut1(m): 6:02am On Jun 05, 2021
We warned them in 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Philipxxxx0: 6:02am On Jun 05, 2021
Use this

1 Like

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by GboyegaD(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2021
To think the idi0t national assembly and governor's are shouting constitution review and this is happening at the same time tells me there is no governance, respect for the constitution, and rule of law in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by PrinceofHCI(m): 6:04am On Jun 05, 2021
The sh*t is getting real, to hit the fan!
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Philipxxxx0: 6:05am On Jun 05, 2021
PrinceofHCI:
The sh*t is getting real, to hit the fan!
use VPN

1 Like

Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by phidipe(m): 6:07am On Jun 05, 2021
I used to respect this man, but recently i just discovered that he is just a noise maker, what has he contributed to solve the problem bedevil Nigeria in on way or the others only just to be making unnecessary comments without valuable inputs.
Re: Falana: Twitter Ban A Rehearsal Of FG’s Plan To Gag Media by Grace001: 6:09am On Jun 05, 2021
It’s now crystal clear NIN registration policy was part of their plan to control social media...

Now lie Muhammad will die a happy man, he is about to achieve his goal “regulating social media”

With NIN linked to your sim, they will easy access to bully any internet users that criticize them

Nigerians deserve the leaders rulers they get, come 2023 they will still vote for another oppressor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prince Alade Oyediran, Ogbomoso Oil Magnate, Murdered / Amaechi: Wike Gives $1m Monthly To Patience Jonathan / Boko Haram Bombs Lake Chad, Kills 37

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.