Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,740 members, 7,851,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers (1430 Views)

Throwback 1968 Children Were Recruited By Biafrans Commanders -photo / FIRS Stops Scores Recruited By Fowler From Resuming / We Were Recruited In Mosques, Trained In Libya – Terrorists Arrested In North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by adenigga(m): 6:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Three soldiers dismissed from the Nigerian Army for various offences –Linus Owalo, Godswill Steven, and Chinasa Orji – have said they trained over 4,000 Eastern Security Network members after the Indigenous People of Biafra made them mouth-watering, including overseas training.

The suspects also claimed that IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, promised them that “when” the State of Biafra was achieved, they would become military generals in the new country.

However, the suspects said they discovered that all the promises IPOB made to them were lies, adding that since helping the proscribed secessionist group to train ESN members, none of the promises had materialised.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that Owalo, Steven, and Orji spoke after their arrest by operatives of the Intelligence Response Team of the Nigeria Police Force.

ESN, regarded as IPOB’s armed wing, has been accused of violence in the South-East, including attacks on government facilities and killing of security agents.

Saturday PUNCH gathered that the trio were rounded up after the IRT, acting on intelligence, raided ESN’s hideouts in Imo, Anambra, and Delta states, as well as Abuja.

It was learnt that Owalo, a 32-year-old father of two, was enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2013 and attached to 102 Guard Brigade Battalion, but was dismissed in 2019 from the army for deserting.

His colleagues, Orji and Steven, were also enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2015 and 2017, respectively, and were trained at 133 Special Force Battalion. But were both dismissed in 2020 and went to join the ESN to train its members in Abia and Delta states.

Confessing, Owalo, an indigene of Yala Local Government Area of Cross Rivers State, said, “I was enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2013 and posted to the Guards Brigade Headquarters, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. But in 2019, I was absent on duty and the army authorities arrested me. I was charged and subsequently dismissed from the service.

He said he was later contacted by the IPOB and moved to a forest in Abia State, where “I trained over 4,000 ESN members. This was in October 2020. I also met some other dismissed soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the ESN camp. Three months into the training, I was redeployed to the ESN camp in Delta State. All this while, they didn’t allow me to speak to Nnamdi Kanu. I was just talking to his boys. I was used and brainwashed by IPOB.”

Another suspect, Steven, a 33-year-old indigene of Bende Local Government Area of Abia State, said he joined the Nigerian Army in June 2017 and was attached to 133 Battalion, and eventually deployed in Maiduguri, Borno State, in 2018.

Steven said he was dismissed from the army for deserting his base, explaining that he left his base because he sustained injuries at the battlefront but was not allowed to go for treatment.

He said, ““I eventually dismissed by the Nigerian Army and accepted IPOB’s offer. I was paid N100,000, which was twice the salary I was earning at the Nigerian Army. I travelled to Abia State, where Orji and I took oaths to be loyal to Nnamdi Kanu. We trained ESN in combat and special forces manoeuvring.”

Steven said he eventually left the ESN camp when it became clear that the promises made to them were not materialising.

The third suspect, Orji, 23, said he was dismissed by the Nigerian Army in 2018 after attending the burial of his elder brother, a soldier, killed on August 22, 2018, against the order of his superiors.

He said, “My bosses refused to give me a pass to attend my brother’s burial, so I travelled without permission. When I returned to base, I was arrested and detained.

“While in detention, I started chatting with a friend who told me that Nnamdi Kanu needed my service to train IPOB militias. He told me that Kanu was ready to pay me twice the money I was earning in the army. I accepted his offer after my dismissal.”
Source: https://punchng.com/How-we-were-recruited-by-IPOB-to-train-over-4000-ESN-members-Ex-soldiers

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by inoki247: 6:47am On Jun 05, 2021
okay
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by colorsofrainbow: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2021
No need to downlad VPN to access twitter.
Just download puffin web browser and you can enjoy twitter forever
Enjoy your freedom of speech.
Na dem go tire grin

2 Likes

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Nezzjnr: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is clueless

5 Likes

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by SLAP44: 6:50am On Jun 05, 2021
Another fake news report from the FG. grin

Failed government.

8 Likes

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by oyin44: 6:51am On Jun 05, 2021
I told you guys before,

KANU is just a business man in suit grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Bigdik70inch2(m): 6:51am On Jun 05, 2021
Igbo r the easiest too brainwash.......but they will never admit.......
Jux tell dem few sweet lies and they r in.......

Before u quote me I served in enugu........ Awgu to be precise

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by koondog: 6:53am On Jun 05, 2021
adenigga:
[s]
Three soldiers dismissed from the Nigerian Army for various offences –Linus Owalo, Godswill Steven, and Chinasa Orji – have said they trained over 4,000 Eastern Security Network members after the Indigenous People of Biafra made them mouth-watering, including overseas training.

The suspects also claimed that IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu, promised them that “when” the State of Biafra was achieved, they would become military generals in the new country.

However, the suspects said they discovered that all the promises IPOB made to them were lies, adding that since helping the proscribed secessionist group to train ESN members, none of the promises had materialised.

Saturday PUNCH learnt that Owalo, Steven, and Orji spoke after their arrest by operatives of the Intelligence Response Team of the Nigeria Police Force.

ESN, regarded as IPOB’s armed wing, has been accused of violence in the South-East, including attacks on government facilities and killing of security agents.

Saturday PUNCH gathered that the trio were rounded up after the IRT, acting on intelligence, raided ESN’s hideouts in Imo, Anambra, and Delta states, as well as Abuja.

It was learnt that Owalo, a 32-year-old father of two, was enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2013 and attached to 102 Guard Brigade Battalion, but was dismissed in 2019 from the army for deserting.

His colleagues, Orji and Steven, were also enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2015 and 2017, respectively, and were trained at 133 Special Force Battalion. But were both dismissed in 2020 and went to join the ESN to train its members in Abia and Delta states.

Confessing, Owalo, an indigene of Yala Local Government Area of Cross Rivers State, said, “I was enlisted into the Nigerian Army in 2013 and posted to the Guards Brigade Headquarters, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. But in 2019, I was absent on duty and the army authorities arrested me. I was charged and subsequently dismissed from the service.

He said he was later contacted by the IPOB and moved to a forest in Abia State, where “I trained over 4,000 ESN members. This was in October 2020. I also met some other dismissed soldiers of the Nigerian Army at the ESN camp. Three months into the training, I was redeployed to the ESN camp in Delta State. All this while, they didn’t allow me to speak to Nnamdi Kanu. I was just talking to his boys. I was used and brainwashed by IPOB.”

Another suspect, Steven, a 33-year-old indigene of Bende Local Government Area of Abia State, said he joined the Nigerian Army in June 2017 and was attached to 133 Battalion, and eventually deployed in Maiduguri, Borno State, in 2018.

Steven said he was dismissed from the army for deserting his base, explaining that he left his base because he sustained injuries at the battlefront but was not allowed to go for treatment.

He said, ““I eventually dismissed by the Nigerian Army and accepted IPOB’s offer. I was paid N100,000, which was twice the salary I was earning at the Nigerian Army. I travelled to Abia State, where Orji and I took oaths to be loyal to Nnamdi Kanu. We trained ESN in combat and special forces manoeuvring.”

Steven said he eventually left the ESN camp when it became clear that the promises made to them were not materialising.

The third suspect, Orji, 23, said he was dismissed by the Nigerian Army in 2018 after attending the burial of his elder brother, a soldier, killed on August 22, 2018, against the order of his superiors.

He said, “My bosses refused to give me a pass to attend my brother’s burial, so I travelled without permission. When I returned to base, I was arrested and detained.

“While in detention, I started chatting with a friend who told me that Nnamdi Kanu needed my service to train IPOB militias. He told me that Kanu was ready to pay me twice the money I was earning in the army. I accepted his offer after my dismissal.”
Source: https://punchng.com/How-we-were-recruited-by-IPOB-to-train-over-4000-ESN-members-Ex-soldiers[/s]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by doggedfighter(f): 6:54am On Jun 05, 2021
Sponsored post

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by mrvitalis(m): 6:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:
Igbo r the easiest too brainwash.......
Jux tell dem few sweet lies.......
But they will never admit........

Yea no wonder they support Buhari

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by SlayerForever: 7:23am On Jun 05, 2021
Whether this is true or not the movement is unshaken.
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by chatinent: 7:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

You served there doesn't mean you acquired common sense. Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by owobokiri(m): 7:30am On Jun 05, 2021
This is the best time to DOUBLE DOWN on the pressure on buharis government!
This Evil government is in total disarray..
They have played into Igbos hands with this Twitter meltdown..
The whole world has now taken notice of the evil going on here..
Forces opposed to tyranny should turn on the heat and force more confusion amidst them until this nebulous government IMPLODES under the weight of it's iniquitous habits..

1 Like

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Mysticwebb: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2021
You trained over 4000 ESN members just within Abia and Delta State. That means we have bigger problem at hand than I imagined. They may still have more dismissed or retired soldiers and policemen within them still training and partaking in attack with them. What is all this blood-letting meant to achieve?
God please save and keep us alive.

1 Like

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:33am On Jun 05, 2021
If your zoo Army had been paying them their due salaries and allowances, if you zoo Army had been taking care of their families as fallen heroes, if your zoo Army had given their dead colleagues due funeral as fallen heroes and not denials, IPOB won't have gotten their attention easily.

Everything in the zoo is jagajaga
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by butterfly777(m): 7:33am On Jun 05, 2021
R
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by CilicMarin: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2021

But when you report news, you refer to them as unknown GunMen?

God will continue to punish Nnamdi Cownu and his urine drinkers supporters..
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by odduduwa: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

yet they outsmart you in personal interactions

1 Like

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by odduduwa: 7:45am On Jun 05, 2021
The question is ,did you train them ? If yes that's good news any other thing you are saying is bullshit
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:46am On Jun 05, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

Hediot.. What about those of igboho's followers from the southwest? Is it safe to say the yorubas are easy to brainwash?
What about shekau is it also safe to say hausa are easy to brainwash too?..
Trying to lump a whole tribe just because of few peeps..
Next time when trying to write rubbish about a tribe, try atleast subscribe for just 2% of your brain..

Ewu..

1 Like

Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Bionic07: 7:46am On Jun 05, 2021
"Three soldiers dismissed from the Nigerian Army for various offences –Linus Owalo, Godswill Steven, and Chinasa Orji – have said they trained over 4,000 Eastern Security Network members after the Indigenous People of Biafra made them mouth-watering, including overseas training.

However, the suspects said they discovered that all the promises IPOB made to them were lies, adding that since helping the proscribed secessionist group to train ESN members, none of the promises had materialised".

Hmm, I wonder what the con-man would have promised those ones we see there brains splattered all over the place?

For those idiotas that may want to quote me, no be me talk am argue with the OP.
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:47am On Jun 05, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/How-we-were-recruited-by-IPOB-to-train-over-4000-ESN-members-Ex-soldiers
Corpers, I hope you are reading the reasons for their dismissals

To think that this information is coming from a government that cannot equally provide information on bandit, iswap, Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen killing ad destroying properties long before ESN was even created

Shame on this terroristic government!!!
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Bigdik70inch2(m): 7:56am On Jun 05, 2021
mrvitalis:

Yea no wonder they support Buhari

Lol........
What's the difference BTW buhari and Atiku y'all supported

Ain't they both corrupt and from Niger and Cameroon respectively??

R they not both corrupt??

Didn't they both drive back the economy of Nigeria??
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by mrvitalis(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2021
Bigdik70inch2:

Lol........
What's the difference BTW buhari and Atiku y'all supported

Ain't they both corrupt and from Niger and Cameroon respectively??

R they not both corrupt??

Didn't they both drive back the economy of Nigeria??
One is lebral one is extremist

Shabi when we all supported buhari the idea was if he messes up we remove him and put another till we get it right ? Was that not what we all said ?
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by ablejesus26(m): 8:01am On Jun 05, 2021
Shameless men.
Now them don enter problem, they will be rejected by the people who put them in this mess.
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by RuddyFusion(m): 8:04am On Jun 05, 2021
These ones trained over 4000 .it's alright
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Joromi1: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
No need to downlad VPN to access twitter.
Just download puffin web browser and you can enjoy twitter forever
Enjoy your freedom of speech.
Na dem go tire grin
Does it work? Thunder fire this useless government.
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:08am On Jun 05, 2021
These people don't even know how to lie
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Generalnomercy: 8:10am On Jun 05, 2021
adenigga:

The Nigerian government says it has "indefinitely suspended" Twitter's operations in the country, the Ministry of Information and Culture announced in a statement on Friday.

"The Federal Government has suspended, indefinitely, the operations of the microblogging and social networking service, Twitter, in Nigeria," it read.

The statement, which was posted on the ministry's official Twitter handle on Friday evening, accused the American social media company of allowing its platform to be used "for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria's corporate existence."

The suspension comes two days after Twitter deleted a tweet by President Muhammadu Buhari that was widely perceived as offensive.

In that tweet on Tuesday, the Nigerian leader threatened to deal with people in the country's southeast, who he blames for the recurring attacks on public infrastructure in the region.

"Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand," Buhari wrote in the now-deleted tweet, referring to the brutal two-year Nigeria-Biafra war, which killed an estimated one to three million people, mostly from the Igbo tribe in the eastern part of the country between 1967-1970.

The tweet was deleted Wednesday after many Nigerians flagged it to Twitter.

Information Minister Lai Mohammed criticized Twitter's action and accused the social media giant of "double standards."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/06/04/africa/nigeria-suspends-twitter-operations-intl/index.html?__twitter_impression
Re: How We Were Recruited By IPOB To Train Over 4,000 ESN Members –Ex-Soldiers by Brimstone77: 8:12am On Jun 05, 2021
Those that were trained can not be untrained.. cool cool

Abi you wan go untrain them ni shocked shocked

Mind you those 4000 you trained might be out there training another 4000 that will also train another 4000 and so the training continues... grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom To The World. Ibomair Launch International Routes..Eways In't.. / If South South Is Igboland Then Jonathan Was An Igbo President / Nnamdi Kanu Sends Message Of Gratitude To His Followers - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.