Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government (42464 Views)

The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / Governor Seyi Makinde Declares Assets Worth 50 Billion Naira / Governor Seyi Makinde Visits Olubadan Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by drinoayo: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2021
The Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde, has reacted to a ban on social media platform, Twitter by President Muhammadu Buhari's government, Igbere TV reports.

On Friday evening, the Nigerian government announced that it will be suspending all Twitter operations in Nigeria. This development is coming a day after the platform deleted a tweet and a video from the President's official handle.

President Buhari had issued a tweet threatening genocidal violence on the South-East over its rising Insecurity.

Reacting to the suspension, Makinde tweeted;
“Statement by Governor Seyi Makinde Regarding the Suspension of Twitter’s Operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government

It has become imperative for me to release a statement regarding the suspension of Twitter’s operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government.

As leaders, we should go beyond emotional reactions to issues and think about how our actions will affect the people we lead and our international ratings socially and economically.

Twitter has become the platform for young people and indeed all Nigerians to exercise their fundamental right to express and publish an opinion. They use the platform to complain, argue and give feedback to government and its agencies who in turn, use these to improve policies.

This is a fundamental point that should be kept in mind as we debate the necessity of this suspension.

We should also remember that Twitter has gone beyond a source of communication for many of our hardworking youths in Nigeria. It has become a source of livelihood for many, irrespective of their political affiliations or religious leanings.

Nigerian youths and digital communications organisations earn a living from being able to use the platform to post communications on behalf of their clients.

Others who may not have physical stores also rely on Twitter to give visibility to their products and services.

Furthermore, I believe the Federal Government should be actively interested in how certain policies and action will affect investor confidence.

I, therefore, use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government to reverse this suspension for the greater good of Nigerians.”

https://twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1401095572589842435?s=19

192 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by SultanOfPuna: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
As leaders, we should go beyond emotional reactions to issues and think about how our actions will affect the people we lead and our international ratings socially and economically.

This reminds me of Iran emotional reaction that backfired on them.
After Trump killed their General
On 8 January 2020, a Ukrainian plane was carrying iran and Ukraine passengers from Iran to kyiv, Ukraine.
It was shot down shortly after takeoff by the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps.

Because they were so emotional that they couldn't reason with their heads.
They saw a plane flying and thought it was USA plane.
Without confirming they launch missoe on the plane. Only to find out it was a Ukrainian plane carrying Iranians and Ukrainians.

They don't reason first
They just burst out emotion and it later backfires on them. Na their way

345 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by rookidmart: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
How was he able to access Twitter?

25 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Franca397: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Coldshisha: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
cool

Buhari should have delegated people to go to twitter headquarters and dialogue with them showing the effects of civil unrest, people who had died since the whole saga and why tough measure is needed to forestall another Boko Haram ISWAP crisis

EndSARs loss is an example of why we must be careful of another civil unrest

Trump's ousting and government change is also an example why Social media especially Twitter shouldn't have absolute power

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by IfGodbeforus(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
A very wrong move from Pmb. The Dss/sss should lock up all the advisers of the President beginning from Garba Shehu and Femi Adeshina. Pmb has publicly stripped himself naked with this move. The needful should be done because when the chips are down, everyone will desert him.

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Ghost1994: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Thank God I'm UArian citizen grin

Buhari Government will make you mad I swear.

Bunch of clowns cry

8 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Bar1941(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is just trying to shoot himself in the foot, this ban will further exposed his incompetency, intolerance and foolery to the world.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by babyfaceafrica: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Audio governor... Want to use the situation to his advantage.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Buhari is stupid and his supporters are all useless idiots!!!

I have been tweeting since yesterday. I dey use very strong confirm VPN

Dia papa!!!

116 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by MasterKG(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Kill the modafucker

2 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Auxtin85(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
Senseless Buhari will never use his brain.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by sanmtiago(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2021
undecided
At this juncture I’m numb to everything happening in Nigeria. I keep wondering how we managed to succumb to a looney’s words in 2015. It’s unfortunate the low IQ people make it farther than the high IQ people,I’m still trying to find a derivative for this kind of bizarre occurrence. I wish I was born in a saner society cry

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by BruncleZuma: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Reactors
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Raychee(f): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
His ego was bruised grin. To them if "Almighty" Bubu cannot use Twitter then everyone else has to suffer for it too. If Donald Trump was banned who the hell is Buhari? Nonsense!
You're only above the law here grin. Nobody recognises your position elsewhere grin. Continue exercising your dictatorship in your own country. Outside here you're powerless!!!

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by chloride6: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
rookidmart:
How was he able to access Twitter?

He used a VPN. He isn't a member of the satanic APC who banned it.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Itsteewhy: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
If only the cow can see this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Okortor: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Lol, Nigerians be calming down, however I understand how aggrieved we are but FG z only doing initial gra gra.
Definitely de will reverse d suspension, na just to show Twitter say Buhari isn't lifeless as claimed.
I wish you all a lovely and sweet weekend.
According to a no1 Benin yahoo boy on nairaland "Guys go take enough bottles, smoke some weed, bang lots of pussy" . Problem no de finish but in doing all, thread with caution as disease is real.
Stay safe.
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by lastchild: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
there's an argument going on here in a barber salon, Twitter and Facebook, which one is a bigger platform in the world?

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by dejonathan(f): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Tell them this when una go do una usual monthly fec meeting....
All of y'all will see Buhari and his mumu ministers and una no go talk, you'll now be releasing nonsense statement to play on our intelligence that you're with us...
Na only to share monthly allocation una Sabi do..
Stupid politicians

7 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Silly Buhari!
How some idiots manage to still support this tyranny leaves me in awe

8 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by cjudy(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
angry

Makinde, Zone B will come for you ooo.

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by adioolayi(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
The only sane Government for now....Arakunrin Akeredolu also coming up.

All sane Governors should condemn this dictator's act

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Sweetaura: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
That's how they bring policies that affect the common man.
Just like they made people jobless after the ban on sale of sim cards.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by gift01: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Wise words

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by iampeterben(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Governor make get sense. Small chiking FG don dey fret.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Costello559(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
These idiots does not care about us... Just imagine businesses these fools halted ...

This is the kind of thing they would implement sharp sharp. Better things would take like forever .... Bushmanoids ...

My country my country..

Pls try make money and jakpa poo...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by bishopkay: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Person when get sense not the vegetable at Aso Rock

4 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by gistray: 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
I Laugh in swahili New
Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by Acekidc4(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
This is the Beginning of the End for The evil Government.
They're shooting theirselves in the Legs real bad.
Na siddon look ah dey observe them. When everything go burst for their face, e go over shocked them.

I Sign Out

3 Likes

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by InaNla(f): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2021
Great thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Governor Seyi Makinde Reacts To Twitter Ban By Federal Government by dimexy247(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2021
gbam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FRSC Boss Osita Chidoka, New Minister Of Aviation? / 2019 Presidency: Confident Okada Man Vows To Contest And Win Against Buhari / Tinubu: Buhari Should Hand Over Power To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.