Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? (25297 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / How Do You Change Your Last Name After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 04, 2011
And some extremist-feminist will argue over this too,
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Odunnu: 6:08pm On May 04, 2011
It hasnt even occured to me until now.
I'm too old sef to start learnin and getting used to a new siggy
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by saintneo(m): 6:15pm On May 04, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I don't plan on changing mine either. I don't see the point in doing so. You have your name and I have mine. If marriage is about union, then as a woman, why am I the only one expected to change my name? I'm not down with hyphenations either unless both our names are hyphenated. I guess for your question, you'd need to show the banks, offices, etc. some sort of proof of the name change maybe. I'm not entirely sure how to do that though undecided
[size=48pt]SIGNATURE![/size]
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by MMM2(m): 6:21pm On May 04, 2011
am not yet married
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by marjo: 6:41pm On May 04, 2011
I had to change my signature when i married cos my surname was the main part of my signature and quite legible so it got complicated me having a new surname and my signature being different. looking back its best to create a signature that has nothing to do with your surname for ladies - that way when you marry, nothing changes you just keep signing the old signature away wink
Also as a lady it depends on how much you have done with your life and used the signature before marriage. If you have done much e.g shares, mutual trusts, landed property etc you now have to get bankers confirmations for so many accounts, share certificates change, etc it can be quite a bore. when my daughter grows up i will advise her to adopt a neutral style signature, the type that does not reflect your name to the visible eye.
P>S i must say i have noticed that most men have such signatures - you could never guess their names by just looking at their signature
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by MzGreat(f): 7:02pm On May 04, 2011
op, your topic is supposed to be MARRIED women, did you change your signature after marriage

dont think am gonna change mine, besides my signature is too sexy to be changed
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 7:09pm On May 04, 2011
oada:

I didnt change mine, but i know of a woman who didnt change hers for many years , then she travelled to America for some business or so, and she was in a situation where she was required to get something after she had filled a form and signed her signature, she signed and was told that her signature has nothing to so with her name, i.e her signtaure was totally different from what she has written as her name, so she had to change it to reflect her name. so if you are married and your signature as a single lady is totally off what your new name is, then please change it, you never know when it would be a problem. Mine somehow fits into my married name so i didnt bother changing it.

Your friend either doesn't know what she is talking about or you totally misunderstood her. Your name can be Jackson and you can sign as dog and nobody gives a hoot. I did not change my signature. My maiden name and married name are very similar and even then most women do not change it. What for?
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by skelemba: 7:14pm On May 04, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. spread the word. Tell your friends and family on twitter.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by 190: 7:50pm On May 04, 2011
Watch INKED NERD in her new block buster movie titled

To hell with men

here::>>>   www.inkednerdmovies.com
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 04, 2011
190:

Watch INKED NERD in her new block buster movie titled

To hell with men

here::>>>   www.inkednerdmovies.com

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by 190: 8:36pm On May 04, 2011
mydreamz:

kiss kiss
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 04, 2011
i didn't change mine. that's too much of a hassle. your signature on important documents won't match and may be a huge problem later.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Dsense(m): 9:35pm On May 04, 2011
OP.
My wife-to-be is not changing her signature either.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 04, 2011
Well, was what I thought about when I was a teenager and started signing some important documents.
I opted for my first name, cos I dont wanna go through the hassles of changing signatures when am married, So my signature has my first name only in it.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by pslm23(f): 10:19pm On May 04, 2011
Actually, i did change mine but not becos I pressured into doing so by anybody including hubby. One day i was just playing around with my signature and i wondered how it would look if i dropped my maiden name and used hubby's name. I'll tell you this, my signature looked way sexier with my hubby's name attached. grin
This change is only for signatures oh! My name is still hyphenated and it's staying that way!
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by suwailad(f): 12:01am On May 05, 2011
Women only change signatures when a joint account is involved. Na wao
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by naijangel7(f): 12:18am On May 05, 2011
I don't plan on changing mine either. I don't see the point in doing so. You have your name and I have mine. If marriage is about union, then as a woman, why am I the only one expected to change my name? I'm not down with hyphenations either unless both our names are hyphenated. I guess for your question, you'd need to show the banks, offices, etc. some sort of proof of the name change maybe. I'm not entirely sure how to do that though

Nowhere does this post address the topic at hand  undecided undecided
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Ladytemi(f): 12:38am On May 05, 2011
Been married almost four mths, have not gotten round to changing my last name or signature but plan to at some point. It is kind of a hassle to change driver's license, bank info, insurance info, passport and work info but will do it.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by dor75: 2:34am On May 05, 2011
I won't change my signature! I won't change my last name!
All these crap you women are saying I guess if you marry dangote or bill gate you will
Change it chap chap.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:52am On May 05, 2011
dor75:

I won't change my signature! I won't change my last name!
All these crap you women are saying I guess if you marry dangote or bill gate you will
Change it chap chap.
bruh this is the realest stuff have seen today
guess i might do sum ritual money too, become rich as helll, and see if my wife wnt cosign my name.
After they will say woman no like money.
Respect to ur post men. realest shhitt havee seen today?
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by N101: 7:16am On May 05, 2011
marjo:

I had to change my signature when i married cos my surname was the main part of my signature and quite legible so it got complicated me having a new surname and my signature being different. looking back its best to create a signature that has nothing to do with your surname for ladies -  that way when you marry, nothing changes you just keep signing the old signature away wink
Also as a lady it depends on how much you have done with your life and used the signature before marriage. If you have done much e.g shares, mutual trusts, landed property etc you now have to get bankers confirmations for so many accounts, share certificates change, etc it can be quite a bore. when my daughter grows up i will advise her to adopt a neutral style signature, the type that does  not reflect your name to the visible eye.
P>S i must say i have noticed that most men have such signatures - you could never guess their names by just looking at their signature

This is what I learnt from a guy years ago.  He also suggested having a signature that isn't easy to forge  grin
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by cescjay(m): 7:45am On May 05, 2011
my wife did
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by sledge406: 9:34am On May 05, 2011
It's really mind worrying to read comments upon comments most especially from the "NOT-YET-MARRIED and MIGHT-NEVER-BE-MARRIED" females here on NL (as young as they are) moving from thread to thread saying things they will never uphold or even if they do, would surely back fire on them. How so much things have changed that you see them doing things their mothers never did and you'll hear them say "it's not a western issue", we are all wise now. (I laugh in urohbo) Wonder where all these were learnt if not the celebrity gossip magazines or "perfect-hollywood movies"?

That Romantic (Romance) section sure hosts loads of them and I'm surprised how MODERATORS see it as fit for homepage. First it was about changing surnames entirely to fit their husbands or adjoining his to theirs and now it is about changing signature after marriage. The more a handful of some specific people keeping talking/typing (they have been identified already), the more the world (at least NL is a small world) knows them from face value and steer clear. Good thing many are able to hide their real identities so they can live all the fake lives they want on the internet. I only feel sorry for the dumb and vulnerable folks who take useless advices from them and cause damage to their future.

Imagine a response coming from a lady about NOT changing her surname or adjoning his to hers solely for reasons of "DIVORCE" should it be imminent. Now tell me, which sane lad who is full of life, joy and happiness would be thinking of a divorce before the wedding and then marriage proper? Well I guess that signular reason alone is a warning to MEN out there. You really should be careful and wary of who you're seriously involved with and nothing stops you from doing EVERYTHING to know your partner too well.

PS: There is always an exception to every rule hence there are reasonable and wonderful ladies out there but indeed many are full of crap.

#NuffSaid!
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 05, 2011
How would ur name be part of ur signature sef? Women hardly form a better signature.For example:E.D What is that?
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by elvisugo(m): 5:09pm On May 05, 2011
mydreamz:

she don dey madt

Inked_Nerd (f)
New York via Enugu, Nigeria

Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage?
« #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:01 PM »

I don't plan on changing mine either. I don't see the point in doing so. You have your name and I have mine. If marriage is about union, then as a woman, why am I the only one expected to change my name? I'm not down with hyphenations either unless both our names are hyphenated. I guess for your question, you'd need to show the banks, offices, etc. some sort of proof of the name change maybe. I'm not entirely sure how to do that though Undecided

Inked_Nerd, u aint a female again, but a smellin B.I.atch that my dog wud nt blow even free of charge, woe unto he that wud marry u for hiz john thomas wud gbolo.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 05, 2011
elvisugo:

she don dey madt

Inked_Nerd, u aint a female again, but a smellin B.I.atch that my dog wud nt blow even free of charge, woe unto he that wud marry u for hiz john thomas wud gbolo.

Ask her her age now she never marry.She won't tell u but here ranting.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Busybody2(f): 6:04pm On May 05, 2011
Don't see the big deal here, we have already broadcasted the fact that we are married to the whole wide world and are now one, so why would changing my signature, which ain't something one carries stuck to one's forehead but written in font size 10, be a biggie all of a sudden? I see taking on the dude's name as one of the many other symbols synonymous with the whole marriage ritual such as the ring, the wedding certificate, etc.

It is not going to take no hair off my skin, besides why would I wanna be ego tripping with my better half, the one I am surgically welding myself to, on a forever basis at that?
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 05, 2011
elvisugo:

she don dey madt

Your dog is better than you are, dunno why some people are so uncivilised
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Blazay(m): 5:51am On May 06, 2011
Oooops! Edited. cheesy
Wrong thread!
Thou shalt not type while sleepy @ work!  embarassed
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:51am On May 06, 2011
If I change my name, then I'll be changing my signature.

sledge406:
Imagine a response coming from a lady about NOT changing her surname or adjoning his to hers solely for reasons of "DIVORCE" should it be imminent. Now tell me, which sane lad who is full of life, joy and happiness would be thinking of a divorce before the wedding and then marriage proper? Well I guess that signular reason alone is a warning to MEN out there. You really should be careful and wary of who you're seriously involved with and nothing stops you from doing EVERYTHING to know your partner too well.

PS: There is always an exception to every rule hence there are reasonable and wonderful ladies out there but indeed many are full of crap.

#NuffSaid!

I'm sure I'm the one to whom you're referencing as I believe I'm the only one that brought up the divorce issue like that. I was only restating what hundreds of other women have said and agreeing with it. Given the fact that the divorce rate is over half, why not plan for what may come? People are always complaining about not finding true love in dating relationships. What if that's the kind of person you married? It's smart to have a backup plan. The economy has made divorce rates soar, believe it or not. I'm sure women who made those statements wouldn't want to come out looking like fools. I argued that women should be allowed choice to do whatever.

I never said whether I'd change my name or not in that thread though, or else women would pounce on me. I do plan on changing my name but can debate either side as I'm unbiased like that cool
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by sledge406: 7:48am On May 06, 2011
ogugua88:

If I change my name, then I'll be changing my signature.

I'm sure I'm the one to whom you're referencing as I believe I'm the only one that brought up the divorce issue like that. I was only restating what hundreds of other women have said and agreeing with it. Given the fact that the divorce rate is over half, why not plan for what may come? People are always complaining about not finding true love in dating relationships. What if that's the kind of person you married? It's smart to have a backup plan. The economy has made divorce rates soar, believe it or not. I'm sure women who made those statements wouldn't want to come out looking like fools. I argued that women should be allowed choice to do whatever.

I never said whether I'd change my name or not in that thread though, or else women would pounce on me. I do plan on changing my name but can debate either side as I'm unbiased like that cool

Good thing you identified yourself by yourself with yourself. wink tongue
Ok! Back to the ish, my take going by your latest response, if you know divorce is "to be expected" no matter the "sincerity" or "trying to make it work" in situations where problem arises, why then do you ladies go on ahead to get married? If it is not using the divorce as a means to cause havoc to the man whether finicially, emotionally or otherwise. It is people who have given so much credence to the society and want everything they do to be right in the eyes of society that make the divorce rates soar high like a shot taken off Tiger Wood's golf stick before landing. (Oops! He's divorced too---my mistake). I would not want us talking forth and back on this issue cos you seem to have learnt wrongly or rightly from those around you hence taking a plan B into your soon to be relationship hoping it leads to marriage but take it from me, it would never last with this mentality you have and trying to spread to others. Instead, ask what they chose not to do when there were problems in the marriage before divorce, apply it to yours when the time comes and tell me if you would not count yourself a success where many failed. (No pun intended but are your parents divorced? Has all been rosy for them since you came into this world that you are aware of?) Your parents are enough to be your role models. Capish! And if you happen to answer yes, to the first question, I bet your mum/dad would also want you to be like them and then people can say, "it is a family thing", right? (Please and please, do not see this as an attack but a sincere question).

About the name change, you're not yet married, I've figured and yep, you might or might not as you've stated earlier (whether it disturbs your fiance then or not) change your surname to his BUT let the basis for which you go into marriage be pure and true and forget all the plan Bs unless you're innit and you see things begin to go wrong and cannot be remedy. The singular fact you're planning to Plan B, you'd definitely make use of that Plan B. I pray you DON'T say an Amen to this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Reno Omokri: When Your Parents Compare You To Your Successful Mates, Do This... / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.