Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,141 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? (25315 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage? / How Do You Change Your Last Name After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:40am On May 06, 2011
Lol.
You’re putting words in my mouth. All I said is that the divorce rate is high lol. I didn’t say divorce is “to be expected no matter the sincerity or trying to make it work in situations where problem arises” lol. People get married because they love each other, but life happens simply. I said it, but that’s not my mentality. I was only trying to debate from a neutral point of view. I never revealed anything about myself in that thread. I only said women should have choice, which they should, and I gave reasons from actual women on other websites and forums who had discussed the same issue. I didn’t do much to support the men too much in that thread because some of them were being verbally abusive and the tradition idea kept arising.

There’s nothing wrong with having a plan B in anything in life. In fact, everyone should, for the fact that no one knows tomorrow. I’m not one of those people who enjoy suffering and then cursing myself, “Oh, if I had known”. My plan B is going to school. I want to be in a relationship and be able to spend plenty of time with my children. At the same time, I want to be able to provide for them. If something happens to my partner or spouse, I can use my plan B to find a job and provide for the family when he can’t. There is never a thing as being over-prepared.

My parents are not divorced actually. They have their ups-and-downs but they’re together. They’re open-minded just as I am.

I said I will change my surname if I decide to marry. I have my own reasons for doing so. The primary reason is not love for my spouse. I won’t be forgetting my plan B. I don’t plan on bailing on anyone for superficial reasons. For everything I do, I put in 500%. If anything is to happen, however, I don’t want be on my backside crying like most divorced women do. All I want to be able to do is pick myself up and move onto the next chapter in life successfully. I don’t see the crime in that.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by sledge406: 9:31am On May 06, 2011
Guess your shown your "real person" and not being neutral in the forums you visit.

Now advise people like you would advise yourself as ascribed above. wink

Infact I'm quoting you sef tongue

ogugua88:

Lol.
You’re putting words in my mouth. All I said is that the divorce rate is high lol. I didn’t say divorce is “to be expected no matter the sincerity or trying to make it work in situations where problem arises” lol. People get married because they love each other, but life happens simply. I said it, but that’s not my mentality. I was only trying to debate from a neutral point of view. I never revealed anything about myself in that thread. I only said women should have choice, which they should, and I gave reasons from actual women on other websites and forums who had discussed the same issue. I didn’t do much to support the men too much in that thread because some of them were being verbally abusive and the tradition idea kept arising.

There’s nothing wrong with having a plan B in anything in life. In fact, everyone should, for the fact that no one knows tomorrow. I’m not one of those people who enjoy suffering and then cursing myself, “Oh, if I had known”. My plan B is going to school. I want to be in a relationship and be able to spend plenty of time with my children. At the same time, I want to be able to provide for them. If something happens to my partner or spouse, I can use my plan B to find a job and provide for the family when he can’t. There is never a thing as being over-prepared.

My parents are not divorced actually. They have their ups-and-downs but they’re together. They’re open-minded just as I am.

I said I will change my surname if I decide to marry. I have my own reasons for doing so. The primary reason is not love for my spouse. I won’t be forgetting my plan B. I don’t plan on bailing on anyone for superficial reasons. For everything I do, I put in 500%. If anything is to happen, however, I don’t want be on my backside crying like most divorced women do. All I want to be able to do is pick myself up and move onto the next chapter in life successfully. I don’t see the crime in that.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:39am On May 06, 2011
The evidence and sources I used were neutral. The advice I gave is the same advice I follow. It's for them to make a decision that they're comfortable with, and not one that someone tells them they should make.

1600th post, na wa o. I'm logging off lol.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by realcele: 1:38pm On May 06, 2011
normally if you change ur name then change ur signature especially if you travel a lot ( to the western countries I mean). There are some financial papers that require details of what you sign verbally not the details of how you join/squeeze etc them together. It might look like a lot of hazzle but not just do it for ur everyday activities old doc can remain the same and you become a new creature once you marry. For banks and regular activities you can visit them with your certificate and your new signature with some additional proof and it is done straight away. Or simply do change of name declaration due to marriage to covers every legal doc
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by nmdbs239(m): 5:24pm On May 06, 2011
I know I was extremely insecure and insisted that she change her name to be correct, and I was so worried that I just wanted to put my name on it, it took months or years!
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by nmdbs239(m): 6:14pm On May 06, 2011
Adieu Malam Umaru was told to have been a signature updater.

I would like my gb to explore the option as she has done nothing to change her name. She happened to have the surname/family name of my family and her Father's name was apparently larry or lae.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 06, 2011
I'm aware this thread is directed at our ladies, but here's a male's perspective:

My wife changed her signature, to match her new name. I remember her practicing her new signature, and asking me if it looked okay. It was funny, I just laughed it off, it was fine, whatever she chose to sign. Signatures are often as legible as a doctor's written prescription (read that as unreadable!).

It was my wife's choice to change her signature, not mine. I wasn't bothered one way or the other, I love her just the same as before we got married, and she still bore her maiden name. It's no big deal!
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by dejiolowe: 9:41pm On May 08, 2011
So what happens when a marriage goes south south? Does the woman change the signature again? I think the whole signature change thingy doesn't make sense. Just sign whatever you need to sign and move on.
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Ambber(f): 10:00pm On May 11, 2011
name change does not have to affect signature..huh?
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by diva90: 4:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
No
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
No

My signature has no bearing with my name
Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by fmniky(m): 8:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
CHANGE OF NAME IN NEWSPAPER.

Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by fmniky(m): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
fmniky:
CHANGE OF NAME IN NEWSPAPER.

Re: Women, Did You Change Your Signature After Marriage? by Ambber(f): 12:49pm On Nov 03, 2020
No, I didn't change my signature. I didn't see the need, it's just a signature..changing my surname was sufficient

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Majiyagbe-Street In Lagos, Husbands Welcome Wives's Lovers / Reno Omokri: When Your Parents Compare You To Your Successful Mates, Do This... / Men And Women Divorce Over Sex Starvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.