Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Ohakim? No Way! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohakim? No Way! (496 Views)

Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / No Way For PDP In Abia Anymore -customized / Islam & Non-oil Exports: If True, Then There Is No Way Nigeria Will Stay One. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ohakim? No Way! by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2011
i see some posts here in support of ohakim. and i want to advise that anyone that will be voting on friday should not vote for ohakim. that guy has failed as far as i'm concerned

i am a graduate of the federal university of technology (i graduated last year) so i've been in imo state long enough to tell if ohakim has performed well or not.

when ohakim was sworn in as governor, after ararume had been ousted, we were pleased. we felt that anybody that was not the pdp would do better after achike udenwa's unimpressive tenure. and i must admit, he did quite well in his first few months. about the same time as fashola was introducing the brt buses in lagos, ohakim introduced the imo municipal transport system, a collection of mini buses and bigger buses that were cheaper than the other buses. Transportation from school to town with those buses was thirty naira as against the sixty naira charged by the regular buses that ran the same route. A few roads were fixed, he started the clean and green campaign and owerri was clean during that period. We felt, finally, here was a man that really wanted to work for the people. At the time, he was still at the courts over his election as governor. We didn't know it was all a ploy to deceive imolites into supporting him at the courts. Once the courts had granted him the full mandate to function as governor, he began to show his true colors. First, he went back to the pdp, claiming that the ppa was an undemocratic party. How he got to realize that after being handed the office of governor on their ticket and not just that, but after the courts had confirmed his election, is completely beyond me. Then the imo municipal buses began to dwindle on the school to town route before disappearing outright. After that, they were only to be found running routes in owerri town and the neighbouring towns. The buses themselves were poorly maintained and when some of them broke down, they were neither repaired nor replaced. It didn't stop there. The below standard repair work carried out on roads in the first few months of nis administration began to show through as some of the roads returned to their previous states, some even became worse. Traffic jams in owerri town became rampant and the town itself was getting less cleaner by the day. Not done, Ohakim went one up by increasing the school fees of the state's university, Imo State University (IMSU), which he renamed to Evan Enwerem university. Then the stories of the reverend father beating showed up. So as not to bore the reader, i don't want to continue chronicling his failures as governor. In his first few months, i would have voted for him to go a second term. I thank God that his true nature showed through and I know better. I'd rather vote rochas. Ohakim's tagline is "let's do more". More of what, if I may ask? Nothing?

(1) (Reply)

2011 Elections Far From Free And Fair – Sagay / Request From Naijavote.com / Reps To Reject Zoning Candidate For Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.