Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is It Right For Elected Politicians To Take Mandate From One Party To Another? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Right For Elected Politicians To Take Mandate From One Party To Another? (497 Views)

Cash Crunch Hits APC As Buhari Advises Party To Look Inward For Funding / Balarabe Musa: APC Will Turn Nigeria Into A One-Party State / Igbos, Important To Lagos APC Politicians To Grab A Win-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For Elected Politicians To Take Mandate From One Party To Another? by omoalaro: 5:25pm On May 03, 2011
In view of supreme court judgment in the case of Rotimi Amaechi that the voters voted for parties and not candidates, is it correct or right for an elected politician e.g Governor to unilaterally transfer the peoples mandate from party A to party B without recourse to the electorates who may have rejected the manifestos of party B. If it is not right, what can we do in Nigeria to correct it?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Officer, Child / 10,315 Pregnant Women Deliver 14,216 Children In Ondo Hospital Within 15 Months / My Buget Is 250.000. I Need Any Used Claen Car Now. Call B4 I Spend This Mon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.