Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,015 members, 7,863,678 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Trump Congratulates Nigeria For Suspending Twitter, Encourages Other Countries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Congratulates Nigeria For Suspending Twitter, Encourages Other Countries (184 Views)

Peter Obi "IRONICALLY" Congratulates Nigeria For Matching China At The COP28 / Wike Hails Tinubu For Suspending Emefiele As CBN Governor / The Cost Of Suspending Twitter By Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Trump Congratulates Nigeria For Suspending Twitter, Encourages Other Countries by osamabarack1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2021
The former President of the United States of America, Donald Trump has reacted to the Twitter ban by the Nigerian government.

The former President who is currently suspended from Twitter advised other countries to follow Nigeria’s footsteps in banning Twitter.

The statement released state;
Congratulations to the country of Nigeria, who just banned Twitter because they banned their President. More COUNTRIES should ban Twitter and Facebook for not allowing free and open speech – all voices should be heard.

In the meantime, competitors will emerge and take hold. Who are they to dictate good and evil if they themselves are evil? Perhaps I should have done it while I was President,” Trump added. “But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was. 2024?

Trump’s congratulatory message comes days after Nigeria suspended Twitter indefinitely last Friday.

The Nigerian government made the decision after Twitter deleted Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari’s tweet for violating its abusive behavior policy and several calls by Nigerians to take it down.

Re: Trump Congratulates Nigeria For Suspending Twitter, Encourages Other Countries by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2021

(1)

APGA Rebuffs The Suspension Of It’s National Chairman, Ozonkpu Victor Ike Oye, / June 18th: Eleka Gives APC Red Card, Says PDP Will Reclaim Its Mandate In Ekiti / Akan Udofia Leads Team To Awo/aremu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.