Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet (7603 Views)

Young Thug Was Booed On Stage In Louisiana Last Night. / Lmao! Kanye Got Booed On Stage During His Latest Rant / Rihanna Booed On Stage In Uk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka1: 5:11am On May 04, 2011
[size=14pt]Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet[/size]

Beyonce had a rough time on the Met Gala's red carpet.

The songstress turned up in a snug and cleavage-baring Pucci dress that was standing room only, meaning virtually impossible to walk in. This made posing for pictures and turning around for the other bank of photographers quite difficult. Which resulted in booing. Lots of booing.

USA Today caught the heckling on video (scroll down for that) -- and the several people it took to get Miss B. up the stairs. At least one of them was Jay Z., so that's not so bad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/03/beyonce-booed-met-gala_n_856917.html
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by Pweety4me(f): 5:28am On May 04, 2011
Wow what a dress, she is lookin different in the face tho
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by san26dy(f): 5:59am On May 04, 2011
Love the dress though but was' up with all the mermaid dresses
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by Pweety4me(f): 6:04am On May 04, 2011
Maybe she was a mermaid in her last world undecided
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 9:29am On May 04, 2011
This woman, I tire for her. She's not a simple dresser at all. They practically had to lift her up the stairs. Na by force? shocked undecided

Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ayoade2: 9:38am On May 04, 2011
I wonder ooo angry
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by Nobody: 11:10am On May 04, 2011
spikedcylinder:

This woman, I tire for her. She's not a simple dresser at all. They practically had to lift her up the stairs. Na by force? shocked undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 11:34am On May 04, 2011
I blame the stupid designer! And Beyonce too for not trying out the dress before wearing it to a fashion event!! The photographers were really mean just because she didn't stand long enough for them to take more photos!! Is it by force to be "paparazzied"?? It's obvious they don't really like her if not why do they need to "boo" over something she obviously had no control over? I guess they'd have been happier if she fell flat on her face!!!
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka1: 2:08pm On May 04, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by tpia5: 2:46pm On May 04, 2011
Was she and the husband linked to all these arab or libyan leaders?

This is quite different from her usual accolades in the press. Dont they normally keep such things out of the public eye.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by rully2: 2:49pm On May 04, 2011
Its quite embarrassing, did'nt she have a fitting before now, really embarrassing!
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by MeGaStReEt: 3:55pm On May 04, 2011
self punishment
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka1: 4:31pm On May 04, 2011
ragdollz:

I blame the silly designer!

So the person wearing it does not have a brain?
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by Akuviv: 7:37pm On May 04, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Please help me ask again. angry
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by mamagee3(f): 12:46am On May 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

People aiding a woman with her two legs completely okay. . .

Just for the sake of looking "sexy" grin

san26dy:

Love the dress though but was' up with all the mermaid dresses
Are you not the one that stated that beyonce is sexy? grin
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 10:20am On May 05, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Well, these designers are paid a lot to make stars look good; they're NOT supposed to make such mistakes as a dress their client can't even walk in!! Beyonce must have trusted them so much that she probably didn't do more than try the dress on for size, and not movement. Then on the big day it was too late to wear something else. Anyway both of them are at fault.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 10:54am On May 05, 2011
ragdollz:

Well, these designers are paid a lot to make stars look good; they're NOT supposed to make such mistakes as a dress their client can't even walk in!! Beyonce must have trusted them so much that she probably didn't do more than try the dress on for size, and not movement. Then on the big day it was too late to wear something else. Anyway both of them are at fault.
\

Lai lai. There's nothing like 'too late to wear something else' in the life of a superstar like Beyonce. She chose the dress knowing fulling well that it was super tight and felt she could manage the situations.
Fact is, over the years, if its not tight, shiny and flamboyant, Beyonce is not interested.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 11:07am On May 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

\

Lai lai. There's nothing like 'too late to wear something else' in the life of a superstar like Beyonce. She chose the dress knowing fulling well that it was super tight and felt she could manage the situations.
Fact is, over the years, if its not tight, shiny and flamboyant, Beyonce is not interested.

Lol, obviously you don't know much about celebrities grin grin wink. The biggest stars plan for weeks, even months, what they will wear to an occasion. When it's ready, they try it on and there's always adjustments. Obviously Beyonce was careless this time. But when it comes to THE dress for a special event, there can never be a good enough "back-up" dress or plan. It would be logistically impossible!
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by sbeezy8: 11:10am On May 05, 2011
there something i dont like about beyonce

1 Like

Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 12:07pm On May 05, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol, obviously you don't know much about celebrities grin grin wink. The biggest stars plan for weeks, even months, what they will wear to an occasion. When it's ready, they try it on and there's always adjustments. Obviously Beyonce was careless this time. But when it comes to THE dress for a special event, there can never be a good enough "back-up" dress or plan. It would be logistically impossible!

Chai. See ignorance o. grin grin grin
Even for acting roles, they are usually presented with dozens of options for each particular scene before they go on the scene. Same applies to awards and shows. They have dozens and dozens to choose from before they decide to make their final appearance. Bear in mind that this event was the MET gala (one of the most prestigious in the fashion calendar for the year) and designers are fighting tooth and nail to get starlets, actors and actresses to appear in their designs (as a promotional tool) and even in many cases, these actresses get the clothes for FREE.
Why do you think many of them turned out in designs by Alexander McQueen? It was in his honor, dear. So first and formost, Beyonce must have had a wide array of McQueen designs to choose from before she settled for this Emilio Pucci dress which left her with little or no room to breathe because it was made for a smaller woman.
Add also the fact that she's a designer herself. So don't gimme that kini of this being her ONLY option to the MET gala.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 12:12pm On May 05, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Chai. See ignorance o. grin grin grin
Even for acting roles, they are usually presented with dozens of options for each particular scene before they go on the scene. Same applies to awards and shows. They have dozens and dozens to choose from before they decide to make their final appearance. Bear in mind that this event was the MET gala (one of the most prestigious in the fashion calendar for the year) and [b]designers are fighting tooth and nail [/b]to get starlets, actors and actresses to appear in their designs (as a promotional tool) and even in many cases, these actresses get the clothes for FREE.
Why do you think many of them turned out in designs by Alexander McQueen? It was in his honor, dear. So first and formost, Beyonce must have had a wide array of McQueen designs to choose from before she settled for this Emilio Pucci dress which left her with little or no room to breathe because it was made for a smaller woman.
Add also the fact that she's a designer herself. So don't gimme that kini of this being her ONLY option to the MET gala.

So check this: a designer finally gets Beyonce to pick his dress to wear. How on EARTH can she change her mind at the last minute and risk insulting the designer? She picked ONE out of the "dozens", and that one just wasn't good enough. My point>>>> there can only be ONE dress on THE DAY. You are INCAPABLE of changing your mind at the last minute. Logistics!! LOL.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 1:50pm On May 05, 2011
ragdollz:

So check this: a designer finally gets Beyonce to pick his dress to wear. How on EARTH can she change her mind at the last minute and risk insulting the designer? She picked ONE out of the "dozens", and that one just wasn't good enough. My point>>>> there can only be ONE dress on THE DAY. You are INCAPABLE of changing your mind at the last minute. Logistics!! LOL.

Hmmmn, this is gonna be harder than I thought.
How many designers do you think sent her their designs to wear for the MET GALA?!!!! How many do you think she would have 'insulted'?
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka2: 12:12am On May 06, 2011

I can see Jay-Z rapping: To the front, to the front.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 12:42pm On May 06, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Hmmmn, this is gonna be harder than I thought.
How many designers do you think sent her their designs to wear for the MET GALA?!!!! How many do you think she would have 'insulted'?

I don't really want us to argue indefinitely over nothing: all I'm saying that if Beyonce had ANOTHER dress to wear to the Met, don't you think she'd have worn it? Her mom run a freaking clothing line, OF COURSE Beyonce had hundreds of clothes to wear, but to that Met do, she had one pick and one pick only. Any other "choices" she might have had in the closet would have just not been good enough to her and at such notice.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 4:34pm On May 06, 2011
ragdollz:

I don't really want us to argue indefinitely over nothing: all I'm saying that if Beyonce had ANOTHER dress to wear to the Met, don't you think she'd have worn it? Her mom run a freaking clothing line, OF COURSE Beyonce had hundreds of clothes to wear, but to that Met do, she had one pick and one pick only. Any other "choices" she might have had in the closet would have just not been good enough to her and at such notice.

No, I don't think she'd have worn it. Like I said earlier, through the years, Beyonce has favoured shiny, tight and ridiculous for her red carpet appearances. That and that her yeye hand to hip pose that never changes.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by chiogo(f): 9:37pm On May 06, 2011
She def. forced it but it's typical Beyonce style like Spikedcylinder said, she's not a simple dresser. Pretty sure she's worn something similar, this is just a little different design and MUCH more TIGHT-FITTING.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by ragdollz: 1:18pm On May 07, 2011
You guys are right, Beyonce always wears tight clingy stuff. And so does every other female celeb out there with/without a decent figure!! Did you see the dress Rihanna wore to the same occasion? She had no underwear on!! At least Beyonce covers herself up. The dress was not that bad except that when it comes to fish-tail gowns, a lot of "give" is needed at the knee area to allow comfortable movement. Apart from that cock-up, it was a fantastic looking dress!!

Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 07, 2011
undecided
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by iice(f): 7:13am On May 08, 2011
Not surprised. If it's not black with gold, it's gold with black. If it's not mermaid tail, it's super tight.
Woman needs to take more risk. It's been going on for like 4 yrs now, same look, same style or same color.
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka2: 11:25am On May 09, 2011
ragdollz:

You guys are right, Beyonce always wears tight clingy stuff. And so does every other female celeb out there with/without a decent figure!! Did you see the dress Rihanna wore to the same occasion? She had no underwear on!! At least Beyonce covers herself up. The dress was not that bad except that when it comes to fish-tail gowns, a lot of "give" is needed at the knee area to allow comfortable movement. Apart from that cock-up, it was a fantastic looking dress!!

Oturugbeke!!
Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by spikedcylinder: 11:33am On May 09, 2011
ragdollz:

The underlining of Rihanna's dress was nudecoloured. It doesn't mean she had no underwear on though it appeared that way because the lining was close to the colour of her skin. Beyonce's own is particular abeg. That is why she was booed.

Re: Beyonce Booed On Met Gala Red Carpet by aloyemeka2: 11:46am On May 09, 2011
spikedcylinder:

The underlining of Rihanna's dress was nudecoloured. It doesn't mean she had no underwear on though it appeared that way because the lining was close to the colour of her skin. Beyonce's own is particular abeg. That is why she was booed.

She was tryna be the #1 mermaid nau. Beyonce is scared of losing the #1 position as a current fashion and soul diva. I have never seen her as the best anyway, just that the media have always favored her. Alicia Keys should be the # 1 imho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood's Clarion Chukwura Turns Deaconess / Proof That Funke Akindele's Babies (twins) Died At Birth As Reported By NG / PHOTOS: Toolz Showing Her Boyfriend Some Love On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.