Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives (31985 Views)

Kwara Governorship: PDP In Early Lead, Armed Military, DSS Operatives Spotted / Fresh Defections Loom As Governors Close In On Senator's Seats - The Punch / MC Tagwaye And His Twin Brother At APC Convention With DSS Operatives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by buzorcharles(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2021
No mind them. Even u shirt colour bright pass Nigeria future
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
brainpulse:
ok. He wants everyone to believe that out of all journalist on that occasion, he was Brutalized for just been a journalist by both Police and DSS?
An experienced journalist went to a government sponsored program expecting to gate crash without an official identification or security TAG?
We need to hear the other side of the story
this is wham am saying, coupled with his being totally ride to the police by saying the police I .d wasn't important, but the one from the organiser plus u police hate pressmen. No be so them dey talk nah.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by ZooOga: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2021
lolz, punch take punch to mouth. grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by princemartinsG(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
He may be considerably right as there are always two sides to every story and we blacks reserve often the urge to exaggerate and speak well for ourselves even when we are at liability

Distrust and lack of human feeling to each other is thickening in Nigeria society

How can we get it right back

Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag? Those who quote me lack sense. In a case like this, you comply, take their i.d after all na same conference u dey go. I think he was rude when he asked y they hated pressmen

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by ruffDiamond: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
Animal country, animals in uniform
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by jerronrush: 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nbotee:

Did U read the post at all?

I wanted to ask same question because l didn't see were he reject their tag.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by techWriter1: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
Whatsapp me if interested
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

I do not believe this

They say there are always 3 sides to a story.
My side
His and
The truth
The man just told us his own story, let's wait for police and DSS side of the story from there we will know the truth.

But the man am seeing in the picture doesn't look beating and his clothes are not torn as reported by the journalist. By the way I wonder how DSS junior staffs will refused to answer the call of their superior, that is impossible.

Anyway what do I even know, punch reporter was punched by police and DSS
Many they are mostly Fulani...their only senior is their fellow fulani
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by simplesearch: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag?

So manhandling a man who knows and stood his right is the right way to go. Most of our security personnel lack proper education and where this is not the case they lack real exposure. Most of them are either frustrated or living with low self esteem, reason they resort to violence on matters that can be overlooked or corrected. As it were, Violence seems to be the only known weapon they have to stay relevant.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Isobug: 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
This man appeared stubborn too. Y telling them they weren't in a position to give you tag? Those who quote me lack sense. In a case like this, you comply, take their i.d after all na same conference u dey go. I think he was rude when he asked y they hated pressmen
Perhaps, you did not read the post
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by jaxxy(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:

When the security forces said journalists are the problem of Nigeria was he not rude? What exactly did he mean by that statement?

It seems Nigeria security forces don’t realize we are in democracy. Ask him to explain his statement he can not. undecided

Bt to u it is the journalist that is rude? Unless u mean he was rude when discussing about getting a tag bt the manner and tone of that discussion can’t be gotten from a written report.

After introducing myself, the Mopol stopped me at the gate and said I should get entrance tag. I told him I can only get the tag from the people who invited me. Still, he refused. I had to call Patience Ihejirika of Leadership Newspapers who came, gave me my tag.

I will only accuse the journalist of not following protocol here and the Mopol told him the proper thing. From here there was no need for an escalation if both parties were well behaved.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Bankowner: 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:

For the life of me, he had no business asking them why they hated journalists. First they harass and tell you you can’t go in without a tag. Shouldn’t that be enough cue that you shouldn’t mess with them? Good a thing you were able to get the tag and instead of you to go in and face your business you choose to eavesdrop on their conversation and query them at that. Yes it was a harmless question he asked but in the prevailing circumstances, it was absolutely needless.

He’s damn lucky he wasn’t shot. He just allowed them vent their frustration, anger and bitterness on him.

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
Dont be surprised na one northern Mobil go act like this....imagine person wey no go school dey come control who go school..animals!

Thank God dem no kill you and tag you unknown gunmen!
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by xeju: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
Shut up slave...
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Komolafe89: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hear contradiction !!! His phones were collected and he still said he made call to his DSS friend ?!
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by gawu1: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
This idiot must have insulted those men but he is refusing to say it out here just to get sympathy. If not why was he the only journalists invited there that was manhandled as he said.
DSS are humen. They too react to emotions.

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
xeju:

Shut up slave...
look at this idiot having courage behind keypad. This journalist has always challenged security operative directions. They already know him as someone who flouts protocol. Remember they offered him tag which he refused and said he wanted the one from organiser. This same man jumped protocol against Jonathan and moved through security forcefully to meet him.. He face the same harrasement. For your info, am not a buhari supporter, but it doesn't make me blind to rules, odiot
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by omoruyivictory(m): 4:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
No wonder nnamdi kanu said police and all federal security are our enemies
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Splitmind: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
People who report the truth are the enemy of Nigeria, always trying to make Buhari look bad.

I commend the efforts of our gallant DSS and Police Officers in teaching this menace a lesson.

God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by gawu1: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
Dont be surprised na one northern Mobil go act like this....imagine person wey no go school dey come control who go school..animals!

Thank God dem no kill you and tag you unknown gunmen!
That is how you pigs behave. You think that going to school gives license to insult people and go free? From all the narration, don't you think the idiot journalist thought because he was a journalist he could insult them for telling him to act properly by getting tag before entering the venue? It is not surprised that pigs like you are supporting his useless claim of being molested. You have learned recently transfer of hatred you have for the president on police.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by gstream: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:

U get sense so?. abi na English dey hard you to read and understand?..what part of the story talked about the DSS or police sharing tags?. Infact people like you are the reason, we have a numskull as the C-in-C.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by DonCandido(f): 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2021
Imsoblessed:
is being dull synanimus with supporting this government?

TAKE THIS... 340 LIKES

ONE CANNOT EXPRESS A CONTRARY OPINION IN PEACE AGAIN?

MUST EVERYONE AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWS?

1 Like

Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by xeju: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
Vickyvice:
look at this idiot having courage behind keypad. This journalist has always challenged security operative directions. They already know him as someone who flouts protocol. Remember they offered him tag which he refused and said he wanted the one from organiser. This same man jumped protocol against Jonathan and moved through security forcefully to meet him.. He face the same harrasement. For your info, am not a buhari supporter, but it doesn't make me blind to rules, odiot
Mumu slave...did you read the part that the lady came to give him tag still they refused to let him in...they say he should get a tag, did it mean they're offering him a tag? oloriburuku
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2021
gstream:

U get sense so?. abi na English dey hard you to read and understand?..what part of the story talked about the DSS or police sharing tags?. Infact people like you are the reason, we have a numskull as the C-in-C.
that means your bias just made u conclude, actually u lack sense so u couldn't read the write up. He was offered entrance tag by the policemen. Mumu. Don't bother quoting me cos silence is best for fools
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2021
xeju:

Mumu slave...did you read the part that the lady came to give him tag still they refused to let him in...they say he should get a tag, did it mean they're offering him a tag? oloriburuku
that's y I say u be fooooool, idiot. After he was given the tag, instead of going in, he was listening to police complaints of pressmen, and replied him, so out of annoyance of the bad reply, the police vez for am. Try and read objectively, don't just jump onto conclusion. If he had ignored the police complaints, all this would not have happened
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by ghettochild(m): 5:01pm On Jun 10, 2021
okrote4real:

http://www.okrotesblog.com/2021/06/friday-olokor-of-punch-newspaper.html?m=0
They should have Google photos activated.. at least the pics deleted will still on the phone..
Unless those idiots dem smart to delete it there also
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by ka1y(m): 5:02pm On Jun 10, 2021
The same person that have written on will write against IPOB or ESN is now brutalized by the same government he is working for,very funny!!! grin grin grin
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Imsoblessed: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
DonCandido:

TAKE THIS... 340 LIKES

ONE CANNOT EXPRESS A CONTRARY OPINION IN PEACE AGAIN?

MUST EVERYONE AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWS?
lol
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by SmartPolician: 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2021
Nbotee:

Did U read the post at all?
This is clearly a one-sided story.
The man didn't say what he told the police officer to make the DSS to get involved.
In every story, there are always 2 sides to it.
I cannot buy this crap.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by Sholaco: 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2021
They should have murder him grin.
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
gawu1:

That is how you pigs behave. You think that going to school gives license to insult people and go free? From all the narration, don't you think the idiot journalist thought because he was a journalist he could insult them for telling him to act properly by getting tag before entering the venue? It is not surprised that pigs like you are supporting his useless claim of being molested. You have learned recently transfer of hatred you have for the president on police.

See Mr.
Seems your mother forget to teach you never to insult anyone online, especially if you don't know such person n he never attack or insult you? You are entitled to your opinions so also mine, so pls back off n don't repeat such to me. I knw wat I was saying before I put up dat comment n don't bring sentiment here. Who is pig n who go school pass?
Why is that you people think you are more Nigerian than others?
Never call me a pig again, this is nairaland,
Be warned!
Re: Friday Olokor Of The Punch Newspaper Brutalized By Police, DSS Operatives by meobizy(f): 5:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
Lol. It is never allegedly when their person is involved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu Meets Chile Eboe-Osuji, President Of International Criminal Court / Orji Kalu Convicted Of N7.2 Billion Fraud / Bandits Demand N40 Trillion, 150 Bikes To Release 16 Kaduna Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.