Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) (63894 Views)

These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes / Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by savagerhythm007(m): 9:05am On Jun 12, 2021
I own a box head lhasa
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Klass99(f): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2021
smiley
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2021
Klass99:

Really? Are you serious or just messing around?

I'm learning new things though if you aren't joking.

Hahaha.... Let me give you a minor task.

Hurriedly Google Sugar Candy mountain animal farm grin
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by BoverLY: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Which kind ojuju dog be this.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Laurene: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2021
Zimri:
OUR OWN INDIGENOUS EKUKE cheesy

Ekuke is a name used to refer to a group of local dog breeds found in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. Because of their striking features, such as a long snout, erect ears and an elongated slender body, many have come to recognize the ekuke as a distinct dog breed.

This one dey vex sef
which one be ekuke? Say what breed it is.
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by impeccablephili: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2021
I have Rottweiler and ekuke, I plan to have either a caucasian shepherd or a chowchow in future.
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Namdeenero(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2021
PotatoSalad:

How much do you spend on meat every week? cheesy
My brother, I give them meat exclusively every Saturday. I buy pet mince 12kg from Shoprite and give them morning afternoon and night. Other days they feed one pet growth formula I buy from Jos mixed with Optimax dry dog food

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by honorsam(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2021
I have the mastiff and a brindle
Zimri:
ENGLISH MASTIFF

Calm and easygoing, these dogs need space to move around outside due to their size. English Mastiffs can also be stubborn which makes them difficult to train for inexperienced owners
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Namdeenero(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2021
UDUJ:

Yeah the Belgian Malinois, an offshoot of the GSD breed but highly intelligent and used by law enforcement in the US and Europe. I painstakingly tried to get a pure breed but all to no avail, so I ended up getting pure breed GSD's from a breeder in Ghana.
There are good Malinois breeders in Nigeria
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2021
German shepherd or Pitbull for me ...dope dogs
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by BuyAndSellStuff: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2021
LagbajaTheBEREAN:
See as meat dey waste upandan...

Cannibal
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by poyo(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2021
How can I have what I can't eat..it's always goat for me over dog
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Classicool(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2021
I used to own a Labrador retriever

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by UDUJ(m): 9:22am On Jun 12, 2021
Bluntguy:

How do I get one please?

One needs to be very careful when getting dogs in Nigeria as over 90% of the so called pure breed dogs are mixed and of low quality. Finding a good breeder that sells pure breeds is very difficult. I can only vouch for the doglordkennels and buyadog online pet store in Lagos because that's where I buy some of my dog toys and stuff, the food and care I get from a separate vet clinic. I am recommending them because I know they import most of their dogs and my vet doctor recommended them as reliable breeders, but be warned: their pure breed dogs are quite expensive (over 100k for puppies and some exotic breeds could go as high as 500k for a puppy). They also have mixed breed dogs as well. So you need to tell them upfront what you want - whether pure breed or mixed breed.

They need to pay me for this free advert I am doing for them. Websites below:

http://www.doglordkennels.com.ng/

https://www.buyadog.com.ng/product-category/dogs/

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by ebuclassic18(m): 9:22am On Jun 12, 2021
I can't find my dog on the list does that means they sold ekuke in the name of English dog
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Zimri(m): 9:23am On Jun 12, 2021
Laurene:
which one be ekuke? Say what breed it is.

Ekuke as a name isn't bad afterall, only for the fact we always want everything in English. Shiba inu is a Japanese name.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by ThierryJay: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2021
Op Zimri, where's the Pekingese in your list? That's another popular cute petite fluffy dog .

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by TheControversy: 9:25am On Jun 12, 2021
German Shepherd and a Husky

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Tunafish50: 9:26am On Jun 12, 2021
I don't like no ugly ass looking fofo

I want it cute and dangerous �

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Slynation(m): 9:27am On Jun 12, 2021
wintersnow:
Dogs are amazing animals, once you train them properly you'll enjoy their company. Like mine I could send to to the Market to buy food stuffs for me. Sometimes I'll give it gallon to go buy fuel. Sometimes it drives me to my office...
Cruise don start...grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by micflo28(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2021
I want a bloodhound or an Alsatian breed to buy
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Oshokalo: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2021
I sight ekuke,whether foreign or local I prefer ekuke becos its economical friendly

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Wahalaperson: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2021
Why do you want to get rid of him ?
dayveed1:
I have a Lhasa. They can be alot of work but they're cute and adorable.
Too bad I will be getting rid of him soon.
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by golamike: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2021
One of my Caucasian shepherd

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Klass99(f): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2021
smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Slynation(m): 9:39am On Jun 12, 2021
golamike:
One of my Caucasian shepherd
Where is the second one??
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by ceeceeco: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2021
German Shepherd & Rottweiler.
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by naijadrivablog: 9:42am On Jun 12, 2021
So, which one is Scooby Doo? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Divoc19(f): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2021
I had a Boerboel for 2 years. That dog use to scare hell out of me. It was always hungry, eats/scratches anything and mimick any sound be it chicks and human.. He took/ate cry insecticide and I didn't realize cos he was always in his cage by day time only to be released at night.

But my local female dog, food or no food she is still surviving the hardship in Nigeria with us.

Zimri:
Also known as the British Bulldog and English Bulldog, this breed has a very distinctive set of unmistakable facial features. The Bulldog is muscular and well-set. They are typically friendly and courageous, sporting a smooth and glossy coat. They need some exercise to avoid becoming overweight – although they prefer to spend hot, sunny days indoors, as their short snout can cause breathing difficulties

PHOTO CREDITS: pinterest.com google images, akc.org.
Other links: https://highlandcanine.com/the-50-most-popular-dog-breeds-in-the-world-2019/

Wikipedia.com

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Emmanuel224(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2021
I like big things,I pick Caucasian shepherd
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2021
Ishilove:

Poco, oya goan buy grin

Ishi what is this? grin grin

I am not doing again, bye.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by wintersnow(m): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2021
Slynation:

Cruise don start...grin

Real matters bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / Loan Defaulter Paints His Dog As Tiger To Scare Away Palmpay Officers In Anambra / Can You Trust Your Dog With Your Baby Like This? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.