Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) - Pets (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) (63886 Views)

These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes / Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 12, 2021
meet Magnus(boerboel), confirm ashewo, very hostile to male. he keeps calm when i say "big boy". princess (mad Gsd) is somewhere outside chasing lizard & birds. grin pix later

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by EmmaLege: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2021
cool
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by pezeji(m): 9:55am On Jun 12, 2021
I no see my lovely Buabu there
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by folake4u(f): 9:56am On Jun 12, 2021
pocohantas:
Dogs are now for status symbol in Nigeria. Once people hammer small, next thing na to buy dog.

My friend’s dog looks like a lion. I have forgotten what breed she said it is. Anyway, if I am to buy a dog, I will buy those ones wey no dey grow cheesy. I no want wahala abeg.

WTF why will you buy the ones wey nor dey grow? It cracked me up so hard grin grin
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Ishilove: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2021
sharpwriter:

Baby, where is that your stubborn Rottweiler.
He is dead. He was poisoned
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Ishilove: 10:07am On Jun 12, 2021
pocohantas:

Ishi what is this? grin grin

I am not doing again, bye.
But you said it is your speck na cheesy
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Ishilove: 10:08am On Jun 12, 2021
somehow:

Ekhita.
Ekite in Kwale
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by thatsleepboy1: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Zimri:
BASSET HOUND

Bred to hunt, the Basset Hound is famously devoted to tracking, and has a powerful sense of smell which can only be rivaled by the Bloodhound.

This is Mr pops in The secret Life of pets

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by somehow: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2021
Ishilove:

Ekite in Kwale
Very close
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by tradepunter: 10:19am On Jun 12, 2021
UDUJ:

Yeah the Belgian Malinois, an offshoot of the GSD breed but highly intelligent and used by law enforcement in the US and Europe. I painstakingly tried to get a pure breed but all to no avail, so I ended up getting pure breed GSD's from a breeder in Ghana.

Yeah they are very difficult to get just like the dogo argentinos

Nice write up Sha for us dog lovers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by phemmyfour: 10:20am On Jun 12, 2021
Calling dog a shepherd...what an irony
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by WhyNa: 10:21am On Jun 12, 2021
Zimri:
For years after World War II, the poodle was the most popular dog breed in the United States. This fiercely intelligent dog comes in three different sizes (standard, miniature and toy). Poodles often get along well with other pets but can be shy around strangers. They are generally considered to be sociable, although they do require lots of mental stimulation.

I own a Poodle.

Very intelligent indeed but he has somehow refused to be potty trained

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by vincentjk(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2021
German shepherds are the best dogs, have tried a few breeds and this is what I've to say.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2021
folake4u:

WTF why will you buy the ones wey nor dey grow? It cracked me up so hard grin grin

Because they are easier to train and more interested in playing upandan. I can’t be taking care of my kids, my Nigerian husband and na add a stubborn rottweiler na.

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by WhyNa: 10:25am On Jun 12, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:
Cavachons.

Wow. Looks like a poodle
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by WhyNa: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Xiaomi1:
which kind wahala be this

LMAO.

The owner did this. You can actually play around and ask the groomer to give them any haircut you fancy

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Litmus: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2021
Since Nigerians are so fond of dogs, someone needs to create a dog breed for Nigeria.

In my teens my brothers and I attempted just this, using local dogs. After many mixes and matches, out of one particular litter stood out a pup. It grew to be a dog with short hind legs and tall front ones. It had dark mottled coat and a head that looked like one of those Egyptian dogs depicted in statues – anubis I believe. Oddly, the other puppies from the same litter didn’t possess same features as it did. The dog liked to climb walls like another dog we used to own that appeared one day in our yard and became our pet.

In the end, the idea of developing our own dog breed faded because there were so many business opportunity available in Nigeria we could never persevere with any one idea.

p.s

Actually, come to think back on it, the stray that we adopted was very much like that Anubis. It was pitch black, tall and had short coat (the Egyptian dog on which the statues are based are hairless). The dog had long tapering legs, moved fluidly and carried on like a king. It had the habit of lying on one of the walls of my father’s house in the exact pose of the Anubis statue. Anyway, same way it appeared in our lives was same way it disappeared. Very odd.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by sharpwriter(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2021
Ishilove:

He is dead. He was poisoned
shocked

Ha! By who? Why?
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by WinterMinter(m): 10:34am On Jun 12, 2021
German shepherd and Siberian husky
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by ModeXug: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2021
Iz olite
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by babaowambe: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2021
Golden retriever is the best for me based on thier friendly disposition
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Lusheyi(m): 10:45am On Jun 12, 2021
It's the Doberman for me ��
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2021
Namdeenero:
My brother, I give them meat exclusively every Saturday. I buy pet mince 12kg from Shoprite and give them morning afternoon and night. Other days they feed one pet growth formula I buy from Jos mixed with Optimax dry dog food
That's a lot of money
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by CrazyCrane: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2021
Team Boerboel
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2021
Zimri:
DOBERMAN

Also known as the Doberman Pinscher, this breed was developed by a German tax collector – Karl Friedrich Louis Dobermann – in the late nineteenth century. Personalities can vary between each individual dog, and owning one requires dedication and commitment. With regular training, they are quick learners.

Maximus and Kamala.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by dayveed1(m): 11:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Wahalaperson:
Why do you want to get rid of him ?
Mydog and my girlfriend refused to get along. She's afraid of Dogs and that one too Barks at anyone that isn't me. So I can only have one.
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by Raychee(f): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2021
Poodle or pomeranian kiss
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by oluwaleokey: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2021
UDUJ:

I have loads of ebooks and videos on GSD training. I studied the breed for months before getting the dogs. I can send some ebooks to you for free cool

I will be glad to have it bro
I just PM you now
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 11:09am On Jun 12, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
If I have one of these dogs, I'll not masturbate again
weti you mean bro..?
Re: Which Of These Dog Breeds Do You Own Or Wish To Own? (Photos) by folake4u(f): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2021
pocohantas:

Because they are easier to train and more interested in playing upandan. I can’t be taking care of my kids, my Nigerian husband and na add a stubborn rottweiler na.

Lmao the Nigerian husband part though grin grin. Nor be "horse band" this timecheesy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

See The Bird That Flew Into My House Last Night. Should I Keep It? Please Help / Loan Defaulter Paints His Dog As Tiger To Scare Away Palmpay Officers In Anambra / Can You Trust Your Dog With Your Baby Like This? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.