Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family (1682 Views)

My Married Sister Wants to be a liability to us / When Does A Woman Become A Liability? / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 11:42am On Jun 12, 2021
It's shameful, for REAL. I feel so useless everyday.

Lemme brief this:

I'm a school dropout; stopped at JSS 3. I was 17yrs and naive. I couldn't even write my Junior WAEC, even though I tried so much to, but couldn't due to lack of finance.

My Mom was very sick at the time and my Dad wasn't doing well in his business, the little he gets, he spends on my Mom. So I was left with no choice but to stop schooling so that my Junior ones could continue.

To cut the story short, I've been working from one company to another. I also taught myself some online skills which has been helpful.
Even with the Job and Skill, I still couldn't have any savings.

For more than a week now, I've been sick, and spent all my money on drugs. I've been hiding it from my parents because, at 24yrs I'm already a big liability living with them.
My Mom knew I was sick because it became obvious at some point. When she noticed I had no more cash, she gave me 3k to buy drugs. At that moment I felt so ashamed, and felt like I've not done enough to better myself.

They say men don't cry...., but I went to the bathroom and cried like a baby.

This life...

Mikester:
Call out for help from your extended family or neighbours and not nairaland

You think I'm that type of person??
Think again...

I'm not calling for help on here.
The encouraging words though, from well meaning persons is good enough.
Now stop being a typical Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Ishilove: 11:44am On Jun 12, 2021
And you created a brand new account to post this.

Hokay

2 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Beblessedbaba: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2021
Lol
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Romanoff(f): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2021
My dear, you're just 24 and still have a life ahead of you. If na to learn hand work, look for some where to learn. If it's barbing, tiling, driving or screeding. Sha look for handiwork that will make you employable till you can open your own business.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Boomboost(m): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2021
E go de alright! ; smiley

Find work somehow. Join https:///irjobalert on telegram and receive job alerts. There's work for you no matter your educational level but you gats go school, nigga.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by DDDEnterprises: 11:56am On Jun 12, 2021
Hmm! You're still 24. You're still young but also getting older. So don't feel like you're a failure yet. You are too young for that.

Find a skill you have passsion for, learn it and be very good at it and go and work for an enterprise or firm that'll require your services.

Start from there and pray for grace and blessings and work hard as you go along. May God guide and help you bro.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by yomi007k(m): 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hmmm. I hope you are well now because that's the most important thing as Health is Wealth.

Everyone you see or know are in a firece battle against poverty, either directly or indirectly.

So grab your helmet, shield, sword as the real war is yet to come.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Karleb(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

I'm a school dropout; stopped at JSS 3. I was 17yrs and naive. I couldn't even write my Junior WAEC, even though I tried so much to, but couldn't due to lack of finance.

My Mom was very sick at the time and my Dad wasn't doing well in his business, the little he gets, he spends on my Mom. So I was left with no choice but to stop schooling so that my Junior ones could continue.

To cut the story short, I've been working from one company to another. I also taught myself some online skills which has been helpful.

For more than a week now, I've been sick, and spent all my money on drugs. I've been hiding it from my parents because, at 24yrs I'm already a big liability living with them.
My Mom knew I was sick because it became obvious at some point. When she noticed I had no more cash, she gave me 3k to buy drugs. At that moment I felt so ashamed, and felt like I've not done enough to better myself.

This life...

Guy, are you crazy? angry angry

You are still a kid! You are in this condition because your poor parents decided to have you in a poor country. Trust me, if you were born in a better country you might have been a millionaire by now.

When and if your parents wish to help, accept without feeling guilty. You hear?

Your mates are still in university collecting monthly allowance from their parents.

1 Like

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Ishilove:
And you created a brand new account to post this.

Hokay

You already checked? Lol.
I had to.

Hi
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Mikester: 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2021
Call out for help from your extended family or neighbours and not nairaland

3 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Matheusmartin: 12:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

This life...

Don't feel bad whenever any of your parent lend/give you Money.

They are the one that put you in this situation in the first place..
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by The5DME(m): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2021
We sef get the one when we xey face for here.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Hmm! You're still 24. You're still young but also getting older. So don't feel like you're a failure yet. You are too young for that.

Find a skill you have passsion for, learn it and be very good at it and go and work for an enterprise or firm that'll require your services.

Start from there and pray for grace and blessings and work hard as you go along. May God guide and help you bro.

Thanks Man
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2021
Karleb:

You are still a kid! You are in this condition because your poor parents decided to have you in a poor country. Trust me, if you were born in a better country you might have been a millionaire by now.

Your mates are still in university collecting monthly allowance from their parents.
Gbam people being poor and having kids are very wicked and heartless. The worst is having kids In Nigeria. Why couldn't they have given OP wassce at least. What's their importance as parents.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by WrksOnMyMachine: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
At 24 you are supposed to be a liability to your family. God knows I was one until much much later grin

I believe it has alot more to do with your family's financial position. Dazzall
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by WrksOnMyMachine: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2021
Karleb:

Now your just shit posting. How many 1st generation 24 years old millionaires are there in America or China?
Performance is a bell curve and most people are in the middle (Avg).

1 Like

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Karleb(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2021
WrksOnMyMachine:

Now your just shit posting. How many 1st generation 24 years old millionaires are there in America or China?

Try to understand a post before commenting next time.

Some people are born millionaires, did they fall from heaven.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by WrksOnMyMachine: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2021
Karleb:

Try to understand a post before commenting next time.

Some people are born millionaires, did they fall from heaven.

Take it like a man!
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by OkCornel(m): 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

This life...

Bros, calm down and don’t be too hard on yourself.

I can tell you are a responsible young man who wants to provide for his family. However, the problem is that you’re in a country that sabotages your genuine efforts to make a honest living. And that’s not your fault. You never asked to be born in Nigeria, neither did you make conscious decisions to be in the phase you and your family is experiencing.

Realise this first, then you’ll have insight on how to tackle your challenges. Okay?

It’s going to be alright. Nightmares don’t last forever. Your story will end well, and it would inspire others going through what you are currently facing after you’ve endured and overcome this trying phase.

1 Like

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2021
yomi007k:
Hmmm. I hope you are well now because that's the most important thing as Health is Wealth.

I'm getting better now. Thanks

yomi007k:

So grab your helmet, shield, sword as the real war is yet to come.

Thanks for the heads up
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by meobizy(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
It’s obvious it has come to this. You know the next step. Don’t let me tell you what it is.
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
The5DME:
We sef get the one when we xey face for here.

I know man. We'll all be alright las las
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Gbam people being poor and having kids are very wicked and heartless. The worst is having kids In Nigeria. Why couldn't they have given OP wassce at least. What's their importance as parents.

This is why I've sworn never to get married or have kids without making sure I can take very good care of them. I can't have them go through what I've gone through

1 Like

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
meobizy:
It’s obvious it has come to this. You know the next step. Don’t let me tell you what it is.

I can't do Yahoo. Thanks for the advice though
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

This is why I've sworn never to get married or have kids without making sure I can take very good care of them. I can't have them go through what I've gone through
Bros same mindset as you but when we say these things people call us unrealistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by efficiencie(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

This life...

Think again...

If you wrote this post yourself then you are literate. Now you need to do some introspection and understand how you fit in our world. What appeals to you? Are you good with crunching numbers? Are you comfortable with lengthy reasoning? Does art appeal to you? Are comfortable with reading and writing literary works? Are your psychomotor skills well developed? Is your hand-eye coordination impeccable? Do you like building stuff? Are you good with persuading people? ...you need to take time to ponder on what makes you special. On knowing this, leverage the amazing resources on the internet. That you could post this on nairaland means you have access to the internet. Search the internet for free trainings organised by top universities, audit courses for free on edX, look for libraries with free books, join technical forums in line with your special interests, mingle with professionals and practitioners in your area of interest, develop your skills to be an innovator/entrepreneur and not just a job seeker, do a lot of freelancing if you don't have a solid job and lastly never forget the ways of God. Have mercy on others and help them so that you too can obtain mercy from God. Give to the household of faith and hospitality of God's servants...fortune favors the brave. Never give up. Keep fighting and the God of increase will increase you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Mikester: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

This life...

Think again...

Doesn't a man seek for help when he seeks advice or suggestions?

3 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Mikester: 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2021
NotFair2:

Lemme brief this:

This life...

Think again...

Why use a new account to post this?

3 Likes

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
Mikester:

Doesn't a man seek for help when he seeks advice or suggestions?

Not in the way you meant earlier, because I'm certain you thought I was seeking for donations.

I would rather seek for advice online than from my neighbor. Thanks for your contribution
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by NotFair2: 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
efficiencie:

If you wrote this post yourself then you are literate. Now you need to do some introspection and understand how you fit in our world. What appeals to you? Are you good with crunching numbers? Are you comfortable with lengthy reasoning? Does art appeal to you? Are comfortable with reading and writing literary works? Are your psychomotor skills well developed? Is your hand-eye coordination impeccable? Do you like building stuff? Are you good with persuading people? ...you need to take time to ponder on what makes you special. On knowing this, leverage the amazing resources on the internet. That you could post this on nairaland means you have access to the internet. Search the internet for free trainings organised by top universities, audit courses for free on edX, look for libraries with free books, join technical forums in line with your special interests, mingle with professionals and practitioners in your area of interest, develop your skills to be an innovator/entrepreneur and not just a job seeker, do a lot of freelancing if you don't have a solid job and lastly never forget the ways of God. Have mercy on others and help them so that you too can obtain mercy from God. Give to the household of faith and hospitality of God's servants...fortune favors the brave. Never give up. Keep fighting and the God of increase will increase you.

Thank you sir
Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by ThothHermes: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
efficiencie:

You are wise. You have given a summary of the way to success.
Find your gift
Refine it
Sell it.
Remember your Maker

1 Like

Re: I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family by Gerrard59(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
WrksOnMyMachine:

Fair enough but there's something called the birth lottery. A child born in Switzerland has greater chances of being prosperous than his/her Nigerian counterpart.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra@30: List Of 30 Most Influential Families In Anambra / My Gf Seems To Be Catching Feelings / Prepaid Meter Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.