Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Prepaid Meter Headache - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Prepaid Meter Headache (1684 Views)

How Do I Calculate My Prepaid Meter / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2022
Pls does anyone know what to do about prepaid meter running fast? I've changed all electronics to energy saving including fridge and inverter ac, checked for tapping, done everything i can. My 2 bedroom flat uses 12 units a day only to run a fridge, tv, fan, and energy bulbs
Pls help?
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by drmuchin: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
Mikesol:
Pls does anyone know what to do about prepaid meter running fast? I've changed all electronics to energy saving including fridge and inverter ac, checked for tapping, done everything i can. My 2 bedroom flat uses 12 units a day only to run a fridge, tv, fan, and energy bulbs
Pls help?

Village people sucking your blood
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
Mikesol:
Pls help?

Have you reported?

Seems a neighbour is tapping your light or the meter is faulty.

Turn of your central fuse cutout and chech it after a day.

1 Like

Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by drmuchin: 3:30am On Sep 15, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Have you reported?

A very effective life hack
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by aieromon(m): 4:23am On Sep 15, 2022
Mikesol:
Pls help?

On the average, how much hours of light do you enjoy daily?
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 5:23am On Sep 15, 2022
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Have you reported?

I've checked all of that, seems it's a faulty meter
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 5:24am On Sep 15, 2022
aieromon:

On the average, how much hours of light do you enjoy daily?

20 hours, but still not enough for the applainces i use
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 5:24am On Sep 15, 2022
drmuchin:

Village people sucking your blood

Na your family blood
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by aieromon(m): 7:11am On Sep 15, 2022
Mikesol:

20 hours, but still not enough for the applainces i use

The meter is working as it should. Get used to the improved power supply and turn off the fridge at intervals to reduce power consumption.

https://nairametrics.com/2022/09/09/serviced-based-tariff-is-making-nigerians-spend-more-for-improved-power/

Victor Johnson, a resident of River Park Estate, Lugbe, Abuja, says that since 2021, he noticed slight reductions in the amount of units he receives when he recharges his meter at N20,000. According to him, he used to receive 300 units for said amount but not anymore.

“Apart from that, it appears the consumption rate is faster now than two years ago, for instance. It looks like the meters being installed now read faster than the older meters that were distributed years ago,” Johnson told Nairametrics.

Johnson’s experience is because there is a more frequent supply of electricity to him and so it is inevitable for his metre to ‘run faster’ than when he seldom got supply. It’s simple logic.

1 Like

Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Sundaycomputer: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2022
Wait for Obi,
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by NoToPile: 8:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Mikesol:
Pls help?

12 units is much oo haba, are the appliances always on. Is pumping machine included.

Do you put on the lights all day?
Are the fans on all day?
Is the TV on all day?
Is the Ac on all day

The only thing I think should be on should be the fridge hat one sef you can put it on for 12 hours max. You even said it's inverter fridge. I doubt you should use 12 units a day.

Something seems wrong somewhere.

We also have at least 20 hours and we use about 17 units weekly if there's constant light.

All the security bulbs are on from 7pm till around 6am, most indoor lights are on till we go to bed all bulbs in total are about 20
( 3watt bulbs)

Freezer is put on overnight, once we set out in the morning we put if off. Not energy saving freezer

We pump averagely once a day/ 2days in the evenings, this one sucks light.

All fans have not been put on for some months now, ever since this cold weather started.

We iron once in a while

Other regular things are Tv's, charging, etcetc
Random ones are blender etc
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by MasterJayJay: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
Your fridge is a suspect. Stop using the fridge for 2 days and give us feedback.
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
NoToPile:

12 units is much oo haba, are the appliances always on. Is pumping machine included.

Do you put on the lights all day?
Are the fans on all day?
Is the TV on all day?
Is the Ac on all day

The only thing I think should be on should be the fridge hat one sef you can put it on for 12 hours max. You even said it's inverter fridge. I doubt you should use 12 units a day.

Something seems wrong somewhere.

We also have at least 20 hours and we use about 17 units weekly if there's constant light.

All the security bulbs are on from 7pm till around 6am, most indoor lights are on till we go to bed all bulbs in total are about 20
( 3watt bulbs)

Freezer is put on overnight, once we set out in the morning we put if off. Not energy saving freezer

We pump averagely once a day/ 2days in the evenings, this one sucks light.

All fans have not been put on for some months now, ever since this cold weather started.

We iron once in a while

Other regular things are Tv's, charging, etcetc
Random ones are blender etc

Broo, literally no one is home, when everyone comes home, at least 1 tv, 2 fans and a fridge is what is on, we have like 20 hours light a day but it doesn't warrant this kind of comsumption.... all my appliances are energy savers. And na ph i dey so
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by NoToPile: 1:03pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mikesol:

Broo, literally no one is home, when everyone comes home, at least 1 tv, 2 fans and a fridge is what is on, we have like 20 hours light a day but it doesn't warrant this kind of comsumption.... all my appliances are energy savers. And na ph i dey so

Something is wrong somewhere, are you sure it's not tapped?
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
NoToPile:

Something is wrong somewhere, are you sure it's not tapped?

Not at all
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by drmikeadams(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mikesol:

Not at all
.it can re adjusted, where ur state?
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Chibueze90: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
It it your personal house or rented apartment?
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 11:08am On Sep 16, 2022
drmikeadams:
.it can re adjusted, where ur state?

port harcourt bro
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 11:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Chibueze90:
It it your personal house or rented apartment?

Personal
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by MrHighSea: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
Sure, You were not indebtedness to NEPA before installing Prepaid metre?

1 Like

Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by softy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Are you more than one resident in that building?

If so, see below:

From experience, tell NEPA people ( e.g EEDC) that they should come and check your neutral wire connected to the meter.

If your Neutral Wire is not tapped from the source to ur meter directly, but was connected from another person's meter Neutral.....this is where ur units are leaking from.

Correction: the Supply office will reconnect ur Neutral to normal general incoming Neutral to ur building.

2 Likes

Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2022
softy:
Are you more than one resident in that building?

If so, see below:

From experience, tell NEPA people ( e.g EEDC) that they should come and check your neutral wire connected to the meter.

If your Neutral Wire is not tapped from the source to ur meter directly, but was connected from another person's meter Neutral.....this is where ur units are leaking from.

Correction: the Supply office will reconnect ur Neutral to normal general incoming Neutral to ur building.
Yes we are more than one resident, broo thank i will have to check this

Boss, we just checked and discovered our neutral is carrying current
Re: Prepaid Meter Headache by Mikesol: 10:20am On Sep 17, 2022
MrHighSea:
Sure, You were not indebtedness to NEPA before installing Prepaid metre?

Not at all

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Saddest Experience As A Father / Advice Needed On This Pressing Issue. / My Uncle's Wife Is Cheating On Him (should I Expose Her)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.