Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,973 members, 7,828,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Your Old Nature And Your New One - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Old Nature And Your New One (7835 Views)

SOLUTION GROUND- Spiritualtips, Secrets Of Nature And Solutions To Life Issues / Put Off The Old Nature / Considering The Old Nature Vs The New Nature In Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Fearjah: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:
Very few christians in Nigeria actually know what being christian means, there's no such thing as a true believer or an unserious christian, its either you are for Christ or against Him.

Christianity literally means living like Christ, now these are things He didnt do while He walked this earth:

1. Murder
2. Immorality
3. Engage in politics
4. Pick up arms
5. Collect tithe
6. Acquire material things (private jets, real estates etc)
7. Open churches and called Himself G.O
8. Hate non-believers
and many more fine attributes of this righteous Son of Man!

Now if you do any of the above stop calling yourself a christian because you are nothing like Christ!

Falseprophet!
is that you?
E shock me

2 Likes

Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sylve11: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:

8. Hate non-believers

It's hard for some of them to live without this.

But who am I to judge. I just hope they open their eyes soon to this and stop it. cool
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Fiscus105(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2021
People hardly changed from their characters, most especially on basis of religion, the characters only modified by maturity. Infact only fewer modified by maturity.

No wonder in Sunny Ade's lyric .......virtuousness can never be purchased.....
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Snowx: 10:49am On Jun 13, 2021
I plead for God's mercy

1 Like

Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2021
phemmyfour:
Adamic nature given away for God's nature

This only happens when you die....Man is made up of dust of the earth + spirit (or breath) of God. When you die, you body returns to the earth while your spirit returns to God. It belongs to him. It's up to him to send it to earth again or other worlds...

In other words we are God's spirit or breath dwelling within a body he fashioned from the DUST OF the earth.....
Righteousness is measured by your obedience to his laws and commandments...
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by PLAYBOX22: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:
Very few christians in Nigeria actually know what being christian means, there's no such thing as a true believer or an unserious christian, its either you are for Christ or against Him.

Christianity literally means living like Christ, now these are things He didnt do while He walked this earth:

1. Murder
2. Immorality
3. Engage in politics
4. Pick up arms
5. Collect tithe
8. Hate non-believers

Now if you do any of the above stop calling yourself a christian because you are nothing like Christ!
A mixture of sense and nonsense
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 11:22am On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:

1. Murder
2. Immorality
3. Engage in politics
4. Pick up arms
5. Collect tithe
8. Hate non-believers

You have rightly listed the things Christ did not engage in while on earth.
But did he actually mention that his followers should not do any of the things you mentioned above?

While I agree with some, I'll list my disagreements.

Murder;
Take for example the Christians in the North being attacked by Boko Haram. Are they not allowed to defend themselves by picking up arms?
Or if Nigeria were to be a Christian nation. Is it not allowed to have an army that defends it?
While a Christian should not murder, there are exceptional cases. Which was why eventhough God's commandment says You shall not Kill. He himself often sent Israel to kill enemy nations.

Engage in Politics;

Jesus truly did not engage in politics.
Does that mean Christians are not meant to rule? A Christian born into a royal family is not allowed to be a king? Should Christians not become Governors? Or even Presidents?
What does it mean that Christians will inherit the earth (Matt 5:5) and Judge the world in righteousness? (1 Cor 6:2)

Pick up Arms;
While Christ did stop Peter and his disciples from picking up arms to defend him, I believe it was because in that situation their fight would have been against God's will.
Jesus Christ already knew it was his purpose to be arrested, beaten and crucified. In fact he was expectant of that hour.
So his disciples would have only ended up being themselves killed for resisting his arrest.
Who then would propagate the gospel?

Acquire Material Things;
Is everything on earth not material things?
Your phone is a material thing, why did you acquire it?
Your cloths are material things, why do you have more than one?
Your degrees are material things, why did you go to school?
The caution here is simply to have self- control and not be obsessed with material things. Knowing how to give these things generously if there's a need to.

Opening Churches and calling themselves GOs;

The early churches also did the same. Read Revelations 2-3 and you will know that there are 7 churches that were addressed. Each one having her own Angel (Messenger/Apostle).
There of course is a need for these leaders not to get carried away and lose their humility, not be given to vain titles, and not exalt themselves as gods of men.

Conclusively, it is not entirely accurate to ask Christians to simply model their lives after Jesus Christ alone.
Cos his purpose was different from ours.
He was a Nazarene (like Samson). His purpose was to die so that we may have eternal life.
We don't expect all Christians to experience the opening of the heavens at their baptism.
We don't expect all Christians to have the fullness of the Holyspirit in them manifesting all the divine powers and fruit.

This is why we have the Acts of Apostles as well to learn from the disciples. We saw their weaknesses and growth.
Also the reason for the Holyspirit which Christ prayed that God should give every one who believes in Him.
Why? Because there were so many things he could not share because without the Holyspirit they could not be truly understood. (John 16:12-14)

1 Like

Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by phemmyfour: 11:29am On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

This only happens when you die....Man is made up of dust of the earth + spirit (or breath) of God. When you die, you body returns to the earth while your spirit returns to God. It belongs to him. It's up to him to send it to earth again or other worlds...

In other words we are God's spirit or breath dwelling within a body he fashioned from the DUST OF the earth.....
Righteousness is measured by your obedience to his laws and commandments...
Wrong
Use scripture when talking about the things of the spirit for better understanding.
Stop giving it a literally meaning

Romans 8:7-8
because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by falseprophet: 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

You have rightly listed the things Christ did not engage in while on earth.
But did he actually mention that his followers should not do any of the things you mentioned above?

While I agree with some, I'll list my disagreements.

Murder;
Take for example the Christians in the North being attacked by Boko Haram. Are they not allowed to defend themselves by picking up arms?
Or if Nigeria were to be a Christian nation. Is it not allowed to have an army that defends it?
While a Christian should not murder, there are exceptional cases. Which was why eventhough God's commandment says You shall not Kill. He himself often sent Israel to kill enemy nations.

Engage in Politics;

Jesus truly did not engage in politics.
Does that mean Christians are not meant to rule? A Christian born into a royal family is not allowed to be a king? Should Christians not become Governors? Or even Presidents?
What does it mean that Christians will inherit the earth (Matt 5:5) and Judge the world in righteousness? (1 Cor 6:2)

Pick up Arms;
While Christ did stop Peter and his disciples from picking up arms to defend him, I believe it was because in that situation their fight would have been against God's will.
Jesus Christ already knew it was his purpose to be arrested, beaten and crucified. In fact he was expectant of that hour.
So his disciples would have only ended up being themselves killed for resisting his arrest.

Acquire Material Things;
Is everything on earth not material things?
Your phone is a material thing, why did you acquire it?
Your cloths are material things, why do you have more than one?
Your degrees are material things, why did you go to school?
The caution here is simply to have self- control and not be obsessed with material things. Knowing how to give these things generously if there's a need to.

Opening Churches and calling themselves GOs;

The early churches also did the same. Read Revelations 2-3 and you will know that there are 7 churches that were addressed. Each one having her own Angel (Messenger/Apostle).
There of course is a need for these leaders not to get carried away and lose their humility and be given to vain titles, exalt themselves as gods of men.

Conclusively, it is not entirely accurate to ask Christians to simply model their lives after Jesus Christ alone.
Cos his purpose was different from ours.
He was a Nazarene (like Samson). His purpose was to die so that we may have eternal life.
We don't expect all Christians to experience the opening of the heavens at their baptism.
We don't expect all Christians to have the fullness of the Holyspirit in them manifesting all the divine powers and fruit.

This is why we have the Acts of Apostles as well to learn from the disciples.
Also the reason for the Holyspirit which Christ prayed that God should give every one who believes in Him.
Why? Because there were so many things he could not share because without the Holyspirit they could not be truly understood. (John 16:12-14)

No need to twist facts, if you can't be like Christ then don't call yourself a Christian! No be by force to be like Christ
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:

No need to twist facts, if you can't be like Christ then don't call yourself a Christian! No be by force to be like Christ

I'm letting you know your idea of Christianity is unrealistic.

Are you yourself like Christ?
Are you living without any sin? (Since Christ did not commit any sin) 1 Peter 2:21-22
Have you blessed your enemies lately?
Did the clouds open on the day of your baptism?
Have you healed anyone?
Have you performed miracles?
Have you fasted for 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness?
Have you abandoned your family to pursue ministry?
Have you multiplied any food to feed your followers?
Do you manifest all the fruit of the spirit?

The list goes on because it easy to point fingers at others when the gospel was meant to change you first.

1 Like

Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
phemmyfour:
Wrong
Use scripture when talking about the things of the spirit for better understanding.
Stop giving it a literally meaning

Romans 8:7-8
because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Lol...so what is wrong with my comment..

You can't just say wrong without telling me what is wrong with it...we are learning aren't we?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 12:34pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

Are you living without any sin? (Since Chirst did not commit any sin)
Have your blessed your enemies lately?
Have you healed anyone?

The list goes on because it easy to point fingers at others when the gospel was meant to change you first.

Which of Gods commandments did Jesus not break?

I can list two to get us started..
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by phemmyfour: 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol...so what is wrong with my comment..

You can't just say wrong without telling me what is wrong with it...we are learning aren't we?
Adamic nature refers to wrong ways of doing things before accepting Christ. Spirit nature means accepting the things of the spirit and living according to the spirit
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
phemmyfour:
Adamic nature refers to wrong ways of doing things before accepting Christ. Spirit nature means accepting the things of the spirit and living according to the spirit

Adam means man.....God created man with the ability to make choices, has that changed? ..

Are we now like Robot that does what they are programmed to do because a Jew died?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

Which of Gods commandments did Jesus not break?

You claim to be like Christ.
The bible says Jesus did not commit any sin.
1 Peter 2: 21-22
So I'm asking you can you say the same about your self?
Otherwise according to your own opinion, you're not a Christian.
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 12:39pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

You claim to be like Christ.
The bible says Jesus did not commit any sin.
1 Peter 2: 21-22
So I'm asking you can you say the same about your self?
Otherwise you're not a Christian.

Really should I list two for you that he broke?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

Really should I list two for you that he broke?

Do share.
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by phemmyfour: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

Adam means man.....God created man with the ability to make choices, has that changed? ..

Are we now like Robot that does what they are programmed to do because a Jew died?
you are not knowledgeable enough for this discussion.
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by falseprophet: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

Are you living without any sin? (Since Chirst did not commit any sin)
Have your blessed your enemies lately?
Have you healed anyone?

I am not a christian, never claimed to be one because I do certain things Jesus never did! But I respect christians and avoid those bringing shame to what Christ represents
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

Do share.

1. Remember the Sabath day to keep it holy.

2. Honor your father and your mother....so that your days may be long...( little wonder his days was cut short..)
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2021
phemmyfour:
you are not knowledgeable enough for this discussion.

I love your exit strategy....just remain in your ignorance..
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:

I am not a christian, never claimed to be one because I do certain things Jesus never did! But I respect christians and avoid those bringing shame to what Christ represents

Does it really matter? Jesus is just a created Roman character...
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

1. Remember the Sabath day to keep it holy.

2. Honor your father and your mother....so that your days may be long...( little wonder his days was cut short..)

1. He did keep the Sabath holy. The pharisees only sought to claim he worked on the sabath because he healed the sick on a Sabath.

2. Where, when and how did he dishonor his father or mother?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

1. He did keep the Sabath holy. The pharisees only sought to claim he worked on the sabath because he performed healed the sick on a Sabath.

2. Where, when and how did he dishonor his father or mother?

He did not keep the Sabath.

When his mother and siblings sort to see him, did he honor her by accepting the summon?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
falseprophet:

If I may ask, a new convert to Christianity who has repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour, is he a Christian or not?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

He did not keep the Sabath.

When his mother and siblings sort to see him, did he honor her by accepting the summon?

-How did he not keep the Sabath pls explain.

-The bible never mentioned that he did not see his mother and siblings.
The bible simply says he corrected those who summoned him that it is those who hear his teachings and practise them that are his mother and brothers. Luke 8:21
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by phemmyfour: 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

I love your exit strategy....just remain in your ignorance..
lol.
Proverbs 26:4-5 – Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by phemmyfour: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

The bible simply says he corrected those who summoned him that it is those who hear his teachings and practise them that are his mother and brothers. Luke 8:21

That guy lack knowledge, don't waste your energy on him
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by sonmvayina(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

The purpose of the sabath is to reat from any work. It was the basis of the covenant God had with Jacob. So to violate it is a sin

So who gave him the authority to define what a mother is? ..your mother ask to see you, go and see her and find out why she wants to...not saying rubbish...
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by falseprophet: 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Myer:

If I may ask, a new convert to Christianity who has repented and accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour, is he a Christian or not?

Is a newborn baby a human being or an alien?
Re: Your Old Nature And Your New One by Myer(m): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
sonmvayina:

The purpose of the sabath is to reat from any work. It was the basis of the covenant God had with Jacob. So to violate it is a sin

So who gave him the authority to define what a mother is? ..your mother ask to see you, go and see her and find out why she wants to...not saying rubbish...

Does that mean that a Pastor should not preach on Sabath or a Prophet should not prophesy on Sabath?
Like I said they only sought to accuse him,which was why they accused him of working when all he did was heal the sick.

As a Preacher, should he have left his preaching to attend to his mother and siblings or should he complete his preaching first and go and attend to his mother and siblings?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trinitarian Disrespect For God / What Is The Sign Of “the Last Days,” Or “end Times”? / RCCG Invite You All To December Holy Ghost Congress 2010, Jesus welcome you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.