Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring (1157 Views)

Deafening Silence From Yorubas As Northern Cleric Declares Fatwa On Remi Tinubu / Terrorism In South East And The Complicit Silence Of Celebrities / PDP Wades In, Calls For Calm In Bala Mohammed, Ortom's Rift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Pennywise(m): 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
From the SW to the SE and middle Belt, Nigeria has been engulfed with a pervasive call for restructuring and in some cases even secession. The SS which is home to the Niger Delta that has borne the brunt of Nigeria's lopsided post independence political structure has surprisingly remained mute. This region has suffered the most in terms of local resource deprivation, Environmental pollution and almost complete exclusion in political appointments at the Federal level.

Yet at a time many consider the threshold in the struggle to bring about a defining change in the political structure of the country, the region has cowardly excused itself choosing to maintain a conspiratorial silence. Some watchers thought there is something amiss. It was therefore no surprise when Buhari said in his broadcast that he has been assured by the leaders and youth of the Niger Delta (SS) that they have no intention to join in the calls for a change in status quo unlike the other regions.

It is indeed a shame. The present generation of leaders and youths in the SS have let the region down. When the harsh realities and deprivation bite them harder and they will, who will join them in their struggle?

They seem to be content with the peanuts they get from the NDDC completely oblivious of the larger picture that what they give with one hand is taken away 10fold with the other through the twin injustice of Denial of Resource control and lopsided appointments.

The solution to the myriad problems we face as a nation can only be solved through a restructuring of the Nigerian State with devolution of powers to the region and State police. It will curb corruption, calls for secession, inefficiency and laziness as well as insecurity, wanton killings, Religious intolerance, Power failures and will bring life to our dormant economy.

There will be no need for a region to control and usurp other regions from a stranglehold of the Armed Forces and other Institutions of State by a particular region
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by heniford2: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
grin angry grin cheesy
ThisIsOurLand:
Walahi south south people are okay they are not stubborn like igbo people igbo people will get crush by military and we will bring cattle to graze you igbo people will see
angry grin grin grin grin cheesy aboki and low mentality na 5 and 6 we dey wait 4 una abi una go waka come by foot

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
Walahi south south people are okay they are not stubborn like igbo people igbo people will get crush by military and we will bring cattle to graze you igbo people will see

You and Buhari are not God...
Igbos serve a living God not an imposter god that only thought his people terrorism and killing of innocent blood....
Igbo God will continue to disappoint you and your evil president....

5 Likes

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by OnionBandit(f): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

We don't kill igbo people, we just feed and cattle and live igbo people are stubborn and kill our cow Buhari is know that we don't kill we just feed our cow and live. Fulanis are very peaceful people

You are still a beginner.....
Your days are numbered...........
Igbos will keep getting stronger than ever.....
Nothing you and Buhari can do about it.....
Your cows that steps in their foots in igbo land will die miserable....
Any man that has bad intention for the igbos will die miserable......
It's not by force to be a slave.....
Igbos are the people of the yellow sun.....
You can win them today but tommorow they will rise again like a sun....
But you see now I'm talking to you, igbos has rised and nothing can bring them down...
Keep exposing your fulanis plans, we are listening....

1 Like

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
[s]Walahi south south people are okay they are not stubborn like igbo people igbo people will get crush by military and we will bring cattle to graze you igbo people will see[/s]

Absolute nonsense
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by IJOBA11: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=OnionBandit post=102693712][/quote]THIS IS ADADIKE BEST FRIEND JUBILIATING ABOUT THE GENOCIDE THREAT AGAINST IGBOS BY HIS BORORO BROTHER
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by IJOBA11: 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
grin
You are a tiny dot in circle igbo people grin
Allah gave this land nigeria to us it is ours you igbo people should knw that we can bring our cattle to feed on grass and u can't hold us its abomination bcus this is our land giving to us
Fulani never lose battle and we will teach you igbo people a lesson bcus you are stubborn rebelous. You comit crime everyday and we will put sharia court in igbo land to tame you.
When we are true with Yoruba we will come for you you killed cattle that belong to us. Fulanis never forget we will come
OH grin
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by IJOBA11: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

Walahi you are pegan. If I catch you allah you will know who I am
WEREY grin
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
grin
Allah gave this land nigeria to us it is ours you igbo people should knw that we can bring our cattle to feed on grass and u can't hold us its abomination bcus this is our land giving to us
Fulani never lose battle and we will teach you igbo people a lesson bcus you are stubborn rebelous. You comit crime everyday and we will put sharia court in igbo land to tame you.
When we are true with Yoruba we will come for you you killed cattle that belong to us. Fulanis never forget we will come

Now I believe you are insane....grin
Omo who introduce nairaland to this insane man....
Abeg here no be psychiatrist hospital, here na platform...
Igbos God go shame your Allah and Buhari....grin
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by limeta(f): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
The silence of the south south should bother you and it does the reason for the thread

Biafra, oduduwa doing there thing we watching
They doing a great job , we watching the game
been played by all sides .
when the time is right we go for the kill with just one master stroke .
surprise surprise.

1 Like

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

I will work on your location. I will get you allah

See MUGU talking....
All you and your people have to give is to THREATEN People with war...
If I see you face to face I go beat you, remove your teeth.....
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by tungamaje: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
grin

Na dis kind rant dey make Niger Delta people dey panic and try to distance themselves from Igbos. They no know. say Igbos are no cowards, they are like the jews surrounded by Arab enemies. You can frighten other Nigerian tribes, but never the Igbos.Igbos are waiting for you
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by flokii: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2021
Wike, Obaseki and Okowa are South South governors and they have voiced out in support of restructuring..

The Igbos however haven't said anything or asked for restructuring. The only thing we hear is that they are committed to one indivisible Nigeria..

Stop being clever by half. SS people have rejected biafra and are clamouring for restructuring and resource control by regions.

2 Likes

Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

I will work on your location. I will get you allah

MUGU you even have the balls to mail me....
You sent me a message on my email.....
Lol....................... Cry me a river, nobody go help you.... MUGU...........
Terrorist..... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:

Walahi tell me your location. You will beg for death when I'm done with you

Come on shut up there....
Bingo..............................
Give me your own location, past it here on nairaland and let see if you will see tommorow.....
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by Omoodua007: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
ThisIsOurLand:
grin

Come for Yorubas where ?
The cowardly Fulani that only attacks when people are sleeping
One sunday igboho sacked your entire settlement
Idiot
Re: The Deafening Silence Of Niger Delta In Calls For Restructuring by techWriter1: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
aboki and low mindset na 5 and 6 we dey wait 4 una abu una go maori come by inch

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed warns CNN, BBC, Fox news, Not to cover Oodua/ Ipob UN protest / Nigerians Moslems, Read!.... Important Message! / IPOB: Northern Coalition Asks Court To Allow Igbo Secede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.