Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,065 members, 7,863,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament (19931 Views)

Tinubu Appoints Son-in-law Ojo As Managing Director Of FHA / FHA Demolition: Tears, Grief As Abule Ado Landlords Count Losses / Soludo Moves To Demolish 200 Houses As Traders Lament In Onitsha.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Sleekfingers: 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
livinbygrace:

I don’t pity these mechanics or artisan.Very dishonest set of human being.They should go and rent a place from those exorbitant amount they charge their customers
You want government to provide land for you to do your personal business?No wonder Fulani herdsmen are also demanding land from Federal Government

help me tell dem o........as a matter of fact, lagos government should enact a law , that will deal of those selling on the road, constructing illegal structures for markets........they are just messing up everywhere.........

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by AerialMapper: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
Festac is a slum!
Demolish the entire place
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by chukiz(m): 12:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
AerialMapper:
Festac is a slum!
Demolish the entire place

You no well, you know wetin dem dey call slum...
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by lasheun: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
Reelmii:
if that is how u see it

The festac residents should be ready for the increase in robbery and kidnapping .... Infact, that whole Express road from mile 2, any body passing there should take any thing they see there

Hmm.
Didn't you know that order to leave that place has been issued a long time ago?.
What do you expect government to do when people refused the vacate the place?.
It's okay for us to blame the government for their insensitivity on what the people are passing through but should peopl continue to occupy where they are not need?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Bifwoli: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
lasheun:
Very bad.
But what has to be done has to be done.
Lagos wahala embarassed
About half of Lagos needs to be demolished its unplanned,unsightly or the structures are unapproved .
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by rovher: 1:23pm On Jun 15, 2021
Asahafa ....
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by mfm04622: 1:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
naptu2:

https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/14/lagos-fha-demolishes-agboju-market-buildings-in-festac-as-traders-artisans-lament/

Look at someone that committed a crime and is happy to say so!
He claimed they sandfilled the swamp! The place is supposed to be a swamp to absorb water! I blame the govt sha! If they have prosecuted people that sandfilled swamps, they won't be bold to be holding a press conference

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by naptu2: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2021
esnbrutality:
LAGOS STATE NO GET MOUTH FOR THE MOVES OF FHA.

EVEN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICE IN FESTAC TOWN IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR DEMOLITION.

FESTAC TOWN IS A PURELY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ESTATE. THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS A SCAM.

SO @naptu....its was the FHA TASK FORCE THAT DEMOLISHED THAT AXIS..WHEREAS THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT WAS COLLECTING ILLEGAL TAXES FROM THEM.

Goldenurch:

Don't mind all these people spreading unverified information..instead of reaching out to FHA for the exact version or accurate details, they are crediting the demolishing to Lagos State..wetin concern Okada man with seat belt?

I wish I had seen this earlier.

It is always very important to read the text before reacting to it. What are you reacting to if you haven't read and understood what was written?

It was clearly stated in the article that the FHA invited the Lagos State Task Force to carry out the demolition. Of course I know that the FHA owns Festac Town. I have been going there since the late 1970s when it was new and houses were still being allocated. Read what is written in the article.

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Goldenurch(m): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2021
Oweku:
I saw d demolition yesterday... What can I do than watch..

If to say 1 big prominent person house or shop dey there now ; at least small compensation for fit come..

All these poor people wen dey try make ends meet nai dey fo ri co pass..

No Big man will get compensation..that place is a buffer zone.. I've lived in Festac all my life, this place is in a total mess now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by valarmorghulis: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2021
LuQuLuQu:

Unfortunately it's only yorubas and hausas that operate shanties there.
The yoruba men use there for mechanic while their women cook under the trees there..

So mind what you're spewing from your gutter mouth
For festac market or another one? Igbo people full there like..
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Sonicroyel: 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2021
Reelmii:
Where do they want the traders to move too

We are always quick to demolish, but to build go take us another 10yrs,, what is their reason for demolishing a market ?

I am not even sure 23 road market is still existing

I heard they destroyed Aguda market too....

Why wont crime rate increase

23rd market was demolished a week to xmas last year
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by lasheun: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Bifwoli:
About half of Lagos needs to be demolished its unplanned,unsightly or the structures are unapproved .

It alright sir.
May we all find peace in the eyes of God.
Because men are wicked.
Peace
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Goldenurch(m): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2021
esnbrutality:
LAGOS STATE NO GET MOUTH FOR THE MOVES OF FHA.

EVEN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT OFFICE IN FESTAC TOWN IS BEING CONSIDERED FOR DEMOLITION.

FESTAC TOWN IS A PURELY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ESTATE. THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS A SCAM.

SO @naptu....its was the FHA TASK FORCE THAT DEMOLISHED THAT AXIS..WHEREAS THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT WAS COLLECTING ILLEGAL TAXES FROM THEM.

Don't mind all these people spreading unverified information..instead of reaching out to FHA for the exact version or accurate details, they are crediting the demolishing to Lagos State..wetin concern Okada man with seat belt?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Gfskw: 5:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by GoldHorse(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2021
It is only the poor people the government will be terrorizing.

Why are they not demolishing all the illegal buildings that were built on, for example, the love/sport gardens all over Festac?

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by ikezudon(m): 7:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
If you check now, you'd find out that area is a residential area not meant for markets..

In other news, check out the cost of building a 4 bedroom bungalow below

https://thearchitect.com.ng/cost-4-bedroom-bungalow/

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by nailcapuzzi89(m): 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
Long overdue

1 Like

Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by AerialMapper: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2021
chukiz:

You no well, you know wetin dem dey call slum...

Yes… and festac is a slum!

Do you have good roads, running tap water, green areas ( please don’t count the jungles surrounding it)?

Festac is a slum
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2021
naptu2:
https://nairametrics.com/2021/06/14/lagos-fha-demolishes-agboju-market-buildings-in-festac-as-traders-artisans-lament/

EXCELLENT!
Nigeria might eventually stop being a nation of ANYHOWNESS.

Btw, the area is NOT “Buffa Zone” but rather a designated buffer zone…
Sand-filing it, as the traders boasted, merely diverted water flow and made other areas flood-prone!

>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2021
mfm04622:
Look at someone that committed a crime and is happy to say so!
He claimed they sandfilled the swamp! The place is supposed to be a swamp to absorb water! I blame the govt sha! If they have prosecuted people that sandfilled swamps, they won't be bold to be holding a press conference

Bless you! Didn’t even see your comment before I made mine above…
Sand-filling the buffer zone (not “Buffa Zone”) made other areas flood-prone.
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2021
AerialMapper:
Yes… and festac is a slum!

Do you have good roads, running tap water, green areas ( please don’t count the jungles surrounding it)?

Festac is a slum

Festac used to have green areas (and obviously good roads and tap water)…
It therefore sounds like what the government is trying to restore. Kudos to them.
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2021
Reelmii:
Where do they want the traders to move too

We are always quick to demolish, but to build go take us another 10yrs,, what is their reason for demolishing a market ?

I am not even sure 23 road market is still existing

I heard they destroyed Aguda market too....

Why wont crime rate increase

They shouldn’t have been there in the first place…
And sand-filing the place rendered other areas flood-prone.

Nigeria will never advance until we abide by basic laws, rules and regulations…
We always accuse the elite of impunity but it actually runs THROUGHOUT society.

Every single space in Lagos is turned into a market these days…
Sidewalks, traffic islands, bus stops, etc., and then we complain about chaos and filth.
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
Oweku:
I saw d demolition yesterday... What can I do than watch..

If to say 1 big prominent person house or shop dey there now ; at least small compensation for fit come..

All these poor people wen dey try make ends meet nai dey fo ri co pass..

You mean like the houses demolished on Banana Island? shocked
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
boom99:
Hardship continues. They were given 7days to move out. I went through those places yesterday, I literally wept for the thousands of families that were affected. I wonder how they would cope going forward.
Ishilove:
One week is too short a time frame to give them. Lagos is run by an elitist government that does not care for the hoi polloi.

FHA has been giving these guys notice for SEVERAL YEARS now…
I remember when they tried to do PPP for Festac Town Phase II, they gave notice and it was IGNORED!
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by BabaOneChance: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Lagos should use this same energy on those okada boys.
Okada boys are hustlers.
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 16, 2021
BabaOneChance:

Okada boys are hustlers.

Which stupid hustlers.....
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:30pm On Jun 16, 2021
rectitude:
Creating more problems and less solutions have been the order of the day with the leadership of this country. The traders are now left to their fate.

Why can't there be a provisional market that these traders can be moved to before demolishing the shops they toiled so hard to acquire.

Only God can help us now.

Frankly, I have mixed feelings here…
As human beings we are empathetic, but society really shouldn’t be “rewarding” rule-breakers. Like kidnapping, it merely encourages more.
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by 9jaRealist: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
Reelmii:
The festac residents should be ready for the increase in robbery and kidnapping .... Infact, that whole Express road from mile 2, any body passing there should take any thing they see there

Abegi, Nigerians should stop this RUBBISH mentality…
An orderly, lawful society creates MORE economic opportunities than a disorderly lawless one!
>
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by Oweku: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2021
9jaRealist:

You mean like the houses demolished on Banana Island? shocked
>
grin
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by AerialMapper: 7:29am On Jun 17, 2021
9jaRealist:

Festac used to have green areas (and obviously good roads and tap water)…
It therefore sounds like what the government is trying to restore. Kudos to them.
>

But until it is restored, it is now a what? …slum

I lived there in the early 80’s so I know how it originally was. Can it be restored? With very strong will… maybe
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by naptu2: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2021
Re: Lagos FHA Demolishes Agboju Market, Buildings In FESTAC As Traders Lament by spirul77: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2021
Agboju market, the brothel there has fine bannys that year. Had a memorable time spending three weeks there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Over N1 Trillion Saved Since Subsidy Removal, Says Tinubu / Makinde Distributes Over 100 Vehicles To Police, Army, Other Security Agencies / 31 More Reps To Join APC In January - Akume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.