Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. (6058 Views)

Update Pictures Of My ROADSIDE Trip From California to Las Vegas / My Trip From Lagos To Ethiopia, Kenya And Mauritius Island / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2021
This thread will be for intending travellers who are seeking travel infos about migration from western to eastern Africa/southern Africa.

Our discussion will be on Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique, South Africa

I started from Nigeria and ended up in South Africa

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by yakatagoko(m): 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
Following

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Fidelismaria: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2021
angry
Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 12:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
In the quest for travel experience and exposure. In may 2021, I embarked on a trip from Lagos( Nigeria) to Mombasa (Kenya) via Ethiopia airline. I had 13hours stop-over at Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) with hotel booking fully paid for by the airline.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
After 13hours stop-over at Addis Ababa, we proceeded in the following morning to Mombasa international airport, the second largest airport in Kenya after Jomo Kenyatta airport in Nairobi. Unlike Nairobi, Mombasa is a coastal city that attract tourist from all over the world.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
On arrival at Mombasa international airport, I proceeded to the immigration desk where my visa, passport and covid test result was tendered for checking and then my passport was stamped, thereafter, I proceeded to get my luggage. Within the airport premises, I bought a simcard before I ordered a taxi which took me to the hotel.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
I will be back shortly to write on my trip from Kenya to Tanzania.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by maidenaanu(f): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Following also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by maidenaanu(f): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
Waiting!!
Jvctour:
I will be back shortly to write on my trip from Kenya to Tanzania.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Ade3131: 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2021
Following you....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by adeskee(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2021
Following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Mayoraustin(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Following

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Kenya and Tanzania shares border so its much easier to migrate between both countries BUT valid travel documents (passport, negative covid test result, yellow fever card, tanzania visa) are strictly required.

NIGERIANS ARE CLASSIFIED UNDER THE REFERRAL VISA CASES WHICH MEANS NIGERIAN VISA APPLICANTS NEED A LOCAL HOST (TANZANIA CITIZEN)

Tanzania immigrations/police are a bit strict on Nigerians so I won't advice anyone to do otherwise.

I was able to secure a 2months Tanzania visa.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 5:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
My exit from kenya

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Nicoswit(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
Following

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Done with kenya and now Tanzania (Dar es salam).
Having 3 more countries (Tanzania, Malawi, Mozambique ) to visit before i arrive in South Africa.
Each country with different culture but one thing that is very important is having the right visa,valid covid test result and vaccination card.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 10:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Unlike Kenya, The largest population in tanzania speaks Swahili but aside that they are lovely people.
I spent few days in dar es salam(Tanzania) and my next stop is Malawi.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
A copy of my Malawi visa below, I spent less than a week in Lilongwe (Malawi). There are few Nigerians local stores in the city and beyond my expectation I saw large numbers of Nigerians who lives and make their living in Malawi.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Migrating between Kenya to Tanzania and Tanzania to Malawi wasn't easy due to the ugly experiences and reputations associated with our country.
Some immigration officers and police said it clearly that they don't want Nigerians in their country

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2021
Inbetween Malawi and South Africa is Mozambique. So I visited Mozambique before my final arrival in south Africa.

Mozambique no longer issue visa on arrival to Nigerians so Mozambique visa must be applied for and issued before travelling to Mozambique.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 11:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
Migrating through Mozambique was much easier when compared to Malawi although only few people speak English as majority speaks Portuguese. At request of immigration officers and polices I was asked for my travel documents ( passport,visa and valid covid 19 test result.

Finally I arrived in Mozambique capital (Maputo)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
My final destination is Johannesburg (south Africa which is 6hours drive from Maputo (Mozambique)

After a night in Maputo,I moved to Johannesburg(south Africa)

Still in south Africa at the moment ....

Questions, clarifications and contributions are welcome

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by maidenaanu(f): 11:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
I sent you a message, pls check

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Bifwoli: 1:11am On Jun 22, 2021
Jvctour:
Migrating between Kenya to Tanzania and Tanzania to Malawi wasn't easy due to the ugly experiences and reputations associated with our country.
Some immigration officers and police said it clearly that they don't want Nigerians in their country
And why is that ? What have Nigerians done in these countries to warrant "hard time" at their entry points?

Educate us please.
Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by ayobamie0011(m): 1:16am On Jun 22, 2021
Niceone .. you really tried . Sorry to ask... Money spent for this trip?

2 Likes

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 7:48am On Jun 22, 2021
For flights,Visa fee for 5visa,Bta,covid test result (over #1m)

ayobamie0011:
Niceone .. you really tried . Sorry to ask... Money spent for this trip?

1 Like

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Jvctour: 7:57am On Jun 22, 2021
Due to their past experiences with our brothers, they tagged average Nigeria youth as either drug dealer or dubious. They make coming to their countries very strict, If you don't have visa, you can't even cross their border nor move to any part.
Bifwoli:
And why is that ? What have Nigerians done in these countries to warrant "hard time" at their entry points?

Educate us please.

4 Likes

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Sonnyland: 8:38am On Jun 22, 2021
Jvctour:
For flights,Visa fee for 5visa,Bta,covid test result (over #1m)
Is the amounts for hotel reservation,feeding and local Transport inclusive in the figure you quoted?
Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by Sonnyland: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Jvctour:
Due to their past experiences with our brothers, they tagged average Nigeria youth as either drug dealer or dubious. They make coming to their countries very strict, If you don't have visa, you can't even cross their border nor move to any part.
Must you know someone therein before you can be granted visa or anyone can secure the tourist visa?

1 Like

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by suxes2005(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2021
Jvctour:

Especially at the land borders.

Though, it's all about corruption. Not that Nigerians has done anything
or tried to pass their borders illegally.

They want to be settled and failure to do so, sometimes, might lead
to delay.

Now that I speak a little bit of Swahili, I pass easily smiley

SHALOM
Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by IPOBrep: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2021
suxes2005:

Especially at the land borders.

Though, it's all about corruption. Not that Nigerians has done anything
or tried to pass their borders illegally.

They want to be settled and failure to do so, sometimes, might lead
to delay.

SHALOM

Wetin you dey pass pass upandan dey find

1 Like

Re: My trip from Nigeria through Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Mozambique to South Africa. by JapaProfessor: 10:22am On Jun 22, 2021
suxes2005:

SHALOM

This would definitely help in Kenya and Tanzania. A good reason why the ability to hold a basic conversation in the language of your host country is an essential skill.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens When You Declare Your Currency At The Airport?????????????????????? / Durban (south Africa): A City With A Different Feel / Traveling From Port Harcourt To Abuja By Night Bus... Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.