Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

A BEAUTIFUL FOE - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A BEAUTIFUL FOE (14819 Views)

Friend Or Foe: Episode 2 / Friend Or Foe by Oduniyi Olajide David / Friend Or Foe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by YTmami(f): 9:16am On Aug 04, 2021
IdreamOfUnicorn:
we await you
Oh for?
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by IamLucy(f): 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2021
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by IdreamOfUnicorn(f): 9:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
YTmami:
Oh for?
update
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by YTmami(f): 6:56am On Aug 08, 2021
IdreamOfUnicorn:
update
All right.

1 Like

Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by shesawesome(f): 8:47am On Aug 10, 2021
[quote author=UrbanExotica post=104290475]Ok
Hihi
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by NickiSlay(f): 9:58am On Aug 15, 2021
YTmami:
Thank you nicki smiley
Sure thing
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2021
cool
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by ZoeyJ(f): 12:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
Enjoyable
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by UrbanExotica(f): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
Sorry for the late response [quote author=shesawesome post=104628430][/quote]
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by shesawesome(f): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
UrbanExotica:
Sorry for the late response
aii
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by Taniaa(f): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Cool

1 Like

Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by YTmami(f): 9:56am On Aug 29, 2021
NickiSlay:
Sure thing
cheesy
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by EtherealAnn(f): 12:28am On Aug 31, 2021
���
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2021
Where is op
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by YTmami(f): 9:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
xoxocandy:
Where is op
Here
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by ShawttySoFyne(f): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
IdreamOfUnicorn:
we await you
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by Preetti(f): 2:29am On Sep 09, 2021
Following
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by Aphroditee(f): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
shesawesome:
she's on her own. Oyo cheesy cheesy grin
lol
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by shesawesome(f): 11:15am On Sep 17, 2021
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by UrbanExotica(f): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
shesawesome:
aii
seen
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by shesawesome(f): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by UrbanExotica(f): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by EtherealAnn(f): 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
Following keenly
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by IamLucy(f): 11:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
Lovely to read... wink
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by CuddleBear(f): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2021
Hmm interesting
more please
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by Baddiezz(f): 7:44pm On Sep 28, 2021
YTmami:
Chapter 1
"How was it?" Anita asked with dreaded apprehension. The two hours wait had seemed like forever with time ticking slowly.
"Say something!" Her soprano voice was laced with urgency and sounded higher than usual.
"I tried...." Esther dragged, she sighed briefly before she continued "I did the best I could" Her voice sounded wobbly as she fiddled mindlessly with her fingers.
"You've come this far,now's not the time to waver, you're assertive so I believe you when you tell me you did your best. Trust me your best is enough" Anita said with a soothing voice
"I was nervous, but tried not to let it show,
I was as lucid and eloquent as I could be...."
Esther sounded sceptical, almost as though she was trying to convince herself she did well.
She got up abruptly and paced round the room, chewing at the side of her lips with agitation.
"This is a nightmare" She said, more to herself than to Anita
"I agree" Anita got up from the bunk bed and walked slowly towards Esther
"Try and relax, you're getting me worked up" Anita added mildly
"Playing the scenario over and over in my head, like is there something I omitted? Something I could have said or given more details to perhaps" Esther looked at her with eyes pleading for reassurance.
Like an answer, Anita grasped her hand
"There's nothing more you could have said or done, don't beat yourself up over it" She told her
"Where would I start from? I'm a finalist.....why did this have to happen to me......." Esther's voice was shaky as she sobbed quietly, Anita reached out to hold her and her sobs turned into loud wails. She had fought back tears for so long and her body shook with fear. She felt like her whole life was shattering right in front of her and she couldn't do anything to stop it.
"I'm sorry..... you'll get through this" Anita tried to console her, but Esther's sobbing only increased to a higher pitch.
Two weeks ago Esther was just a regular final year student in the university, working on her project.
A week later she had gotten a notification from the school board in writing telling her she had allegedly violated a specific policy of the school. Such notification is normally made at least seven calendar days before the hearing.
She had faced the school disciplinary panel earlier that day. She was asked a number of questions, but one question in particular kept playing in her head even hours after they had dismissed her.
"So are you affirming you're the one in the photo?"
One of the panel members had asked her.
She swallowed hard before she answered quietly "Yes sir" Her heart sank as she answered.
She stared at the floor for a few seconds, gathering her courage before she continued. She spoke coherently in her defence, trying to convince them of her innocence.
They had informed her she would be notified of their verdict in a week's time, but just worried she might have sounded stilted or overly confident. She couldn't stop worrying or stop the tears from flowing. This one week was going to be the longest of her life.
"Have you had anything to eat at all? I made yam and egg" She heard Anita say,
she wiped her swollen eyes and didn't answer.
"I'll just bring you some" Anita said when she didn't get a response from Esther.
Anita went to her corner of the room and served Esther a plate.
"Thank you" Esther told her with a half smile
"You're welcome, all this would pass okay?"
Esther nodded in agreement and nibbled at the food in front of her.
She usually enjoyed yam and egg combination but it tasted sour in her mouth today.
"Even if it's little try and eat something. You look like you've not eaten for the past three days. Wonder how you had stamina to talk to the panel today" Anita handed her a pure water sachet and added "The worst is over"
Esther didn't agree with her assertion but said nothing.
The worst wasn't over, she could be expelled and all her four years of studying and hardwork would all be for nothing. How would she break the news to her parents, the look on their faces would be disheartening.
She would know her fate in a week's time but until then she would walk on egg shells with her heart in her mouth.
Reading cool
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by Lavidalocaa(f): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Oya more cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 12:10am On Oct 01, 2021
YTmami:
Here
shocked Been a while
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 12:11am On Oct 01, 2021
YTmami:
Here
shocked Been a while
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 12:12am On Oct 01, 2021
YTmami:
Here
shocked Been a while
Re: A BEAUTIFUL FOE by xoxocandy(f): 12:13am On Oct 01, 2021
YTmami:
Here
shocked Been a while

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Lilyjoe Wins Nairaland 200-Word Competition / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Elected Into US Academy Of Arts And Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.