Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31724 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Greenishland(f): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.

I advice you to start following an Electrician to site and learn work from him. He may be giving you 1000 naira daily as an apprentice that is helping him.

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by fatymore(f): 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2021
Originalsly:

Where exactly in Lagos?.... how will Nairalanders find you to patronize your business?... trying to help you increase customer base.

It is an online store for now.

Still saving to rent a physical place and in the meantime looking for a contract..maybe to supply towels or bedsheets in bulk.

That might fast track the physical shop idea.

Thank you
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by mosaicafrique: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2021
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market, Ojo lagos and Lagos island Region
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Oiza131(f): 10:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
Cnach:

U think in a geographical area where a graduate receive 16k as salary there would be someone who will be willing to enrol hisher child in home or evening lesson ? I don't think so
That's true though, but he can still look out for. He might just be lucky to get one
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by murmee: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2021
Gamesmart:

I would rather Sai Baba in 2015, than have an idiiot, called Jona-daft, that open the treasury for everyone to loot the country dry.

I would rather Sai Baba in 2019, than be atikulated and support giving the keys to the treasury to a known bastard crook called Atiku.

Now, there is no doubt that Baba Sai na foool who cannot run a country, but I would rather have him than those other bastard two.

The error Nigerians made and are paying for was mostly in 2011. They could have voted for Ribadu but they voted for a failure called Jona-daft.
Very very true submission!

2 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by orikoku: 10:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
Am coming back to read all the comments. Am jobless
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need
Baba I just need 3k to invest in safemoon or bnb
Abeg I don't wanna miss dis dip
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by TheMostComplex1: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

You are right with your submission. I have since discovered this, but that would mean leaving this current job and starting all over again. How then am I going to be able to handle these other responsibilities? My siblings had already lost some years at home just so my parents can focus on my education to see me graduate. It will be selfish to forsake them now.
Add to the fact that it will require some sort of financial investment as well as time to learn a worthwhile skill- both of which are not in my possession right now.
The biggest mistake any young man can make right now is going to university without first getting a skill. Or at the very least, you find a way to combine both. Unless of course you have been assured of a job upon graduation.
PS: A Federal College of Education, located just opposite my address did a recruitment which coincided with the end of my youth service. Lucky me, right? Well, I went there and a senior lecturer had this to say: "The school is desperately in need of someone with your qualification, but unless you know someone that can push your matter forward. Best of luck to you"

Did you do the interview? If yes rely on God you will surely get the job. He who has God has everything.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by TheMostComplex1: 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2021
mosaicafrique:
Leadway Assurance is Recruiting Insurance Advisors , Do you know any fresh graduate Bsc/ HND willing to build and grow a career in the insurance industry or Experienced in Insurance ,Kindly ask them to send their CV to mosaicafrique@gmail.com or call 07049255198, location is Aspamda/ Trade fair market, Ojo lagos and Lagos island Region

Will they not be asked to go & sell policies?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gokoyer0(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Na wa o cry.
Do you have at least 2.1? If the answer is yes, i think you should think about universities abroad for mSc or something. Who knows, you might get scholarship and leave the country.
Mutmainneen:

30K? I currently earn 16k as a teacher in a private school with my BTech degree in Physics/Electronics. Might I add that I am the first born of the family and currently solely responsible for the school fees of three siblings, and to a large extent, their feeding too? The depression alone no be here. I had such high hopes of securing a job after service. May God help us in this country.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 400billionman: 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2021
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by authority2006(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
kebeb:
Been without a job since March. Life has been really tough. My wife is 7months pregnant. Thought about having an abortion for her at 5months but was scared of loosing her. She's not the fit type, so I have to spend more time with her at home.

May be you should use this period to quickly acquire a skill
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by HustlePro: 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

acquire a digital skill and start freelancing...

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

30k is even good. Some are earning 15k.
it's not easy o. Where I'm teaching it's 10k. I borrow and owe well before they pay us monthly.. It's crazy.. This 10k is because I'm a graduate. Some get 8k.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Ballack1(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
[quote author=TotoNaRubber post=102823316] I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need..I need a job or
10k to relocate...at least for my mental health
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by uvie66: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mutmainneen:

Did your parents give birth to your siblings for you to cater for them ?..... the upkeep of your siblings rest squarely on the shoulder of your parents.

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by adedehinbo(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
AAbuja:
I am
inspired
that's just the situation I found myself in, didn't have anyone to rely upon and also junior siblings looking up to me.
At those moments I kept praying to God and reminding him that I wasn't supposed to be in that position,kept praying for a better way,now after I resumed back to my former official job as a contract staff, staffs were praising me for the car but they didn't know how hard I laboured to get it,I just smile. Everyone congratulates when you get pregnant but they don't know how much you have been bleeped

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Silvernus2020(m): 10:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
Mexyz:
Only you shocked

Yeah, I even forgot to add Mathematics,... I've the scheme of work with me, incase you're in doubt,... cry cry
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Silvernus2020(m): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2021
emmnprince:

Only you one! shocked

Yeah, I even forgot to add Mathematics,... I've the scheme of work with me, incase you're in doubt,... cry cry
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
Barbiturate:
I'm not coping. All the people that asked for my CV on Nairaland since my 188 job application hit front page, are yet to respond. I am tired
boss it's not easy. I'm even afraid of tomorrow. It's like there's no hope. I'm teaching now with 10k salary. Serious debt o before they pay.. Naso I dey trek anyhow to school early morning so as to get there quick always.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gokoyer0(m): 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2021
I don't agree with you. The big boys and girls on Nairaland just remain silent.
meobizy:
Nairalanders are broke.

4 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 10:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
Itzlinda:

Water still de sell 10 Naira for Kano.
Some areas sef na 5 naira
wow here is 20 naira for one
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Exodora: 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2021
triple996:
Currently serving in sokoto but have business in kaduna grin. Fish farming to b precise.
I must say kaduna is not that bad but seriously thinking of going to kano. Too much competition in Lagos so I hard to leave to my current location
A very confused person
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Victor455:
The worst experience anyone could ever have, I'm dying slowly everyday.... Pls help a brother!

exactly what I'm going through bro. I pity myself..to eat sef na thinking.. Sometimes when I'm quiet, I don think go far about my future. I'm just afraid
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need
boss I need a job. I'm suffering.. I pity myself.. Please help me also with anything to feed.. I'm 100% down sir

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2021
darkgoddes:
You will reach and surpass it by God's grace.

Thanks very much. God bless you abundantly.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Barbiturate(m): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
Heineken:
boss it's not easy. I'm even afraid of tomorrow. It's like there's no hope. I'm teaching now with 10k salary. Serious debt o before they pay.. Naso I dey trek anyhow to school early morning so as to get there quick always.

I thought nwayinogwashi helped you

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
Barbiturate:

I thought nwayinogwashi helped you
no boss. She didn't ask me to send any message to her..
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Mutmainneen: 11:19pm On Jun 17, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

Did you do the interview? If yes rely on God you will surely get the job. He who has God has everything.
Bro, there was no interview because positions were not advertised. Slots were shared and people with connections worked it. I never had a chance.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Heineken(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
VisioDirect evening sir. Please can I drop my phone number also? I'm suffering.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Honesty111: 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway Quote and tell me what you need
I need financial assistance please. Kindly help and be blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

How To Give A Quick, Impromptu Speech Or Toast / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / Woman Sacked , Paid N2 ,500 As Benefit At Catholic School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.