Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,157 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? (31594 Views)

How Are You Coping With Your Salary In This Economy / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Frenzy01(m): 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2021
Surviving has been hell, I am the last born of my family but I have no feeling that I am. I can't just wait to finish with this school make i get more time to find something to do.

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by riverbird: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2021
pedrilo:

Ok abeg give me update make I follow up.
Thanks

Guy na betting on football games
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Flexxinice: 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need

5k go help with food items through this weekend plus some days of next week.
Access bank, 0054716239.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by pedrilo: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
riverbird:

Guy na betting on football games
oh ok. I dont do gambling. Cheers my man and good luck with that

3 Likes

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Gamesmart: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mooorons like these are part of the source of suffering in Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/6609270/dial-trouble-dino-melaye-automobile/2#102847875

They are the ones voting for useless leaders!
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by 0dav2(m): 2:38pm On Jun 18, 2021
emmnprince:

DON’T GIVE UP! Keep pushing, keep keeping on! You're not in this alone! Keep doing what you know best to do! Opportunities will surely come your way!
THANKS SIR, I'M KEEPING UP! ! THANKS
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by pegix(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
Tokskob2008:
It's been hell, bills here and there keeps on piling up even daily feeding is getting as tough as quantum physics. One has to do a lot of calculation just to be able to spend the little cash available. Only God knows what tomorrow holds.

Only God knows o
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by cyara(f): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2021
I opened the topic and just didn't know when to start after reading all stories. Lost mum in May, while mourning hubby got a sack letter this was after i left my teaching job due to distance from my new apartment to school. I wake up every morning and just wish I had stayed asleep because nothing seems to be working.

Tried getting another teaching job in the new area but nothing so far. It hasn't been easy at all. I smile each as if everything is alright, hoping tomorrow will be better but deep inside i am broken. Hubby rarely talks or smile. Just goes out to hussle comes back and pretend to be sleeping meanwhile he is silently crying.

I pray for a better tomorrow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Rrchrd(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2021
Mmm! Migrated from P/H to Abj hoping to get a job but haven't gotten a job till now & I've a skill in mind to learn but no money.

Nevertheless, I still keep praying & very sure that God will answer my prayers soon...

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Batman2412(m): 7:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
cool
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Jafar1: 5:54am On Jun 19, 2021
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Horllamideh(m): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2021
It has not been easy at all. Sometimes I remember all the struggles through school and feel like ending it, the burden and pressure from siblings no be here making me to have little to invest in making myself more employable. I actually have passion for graphic designing and freelancing but my laptop got stolen just before Covid-19 lockdown, something that would have lessen my burden a whole lot.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Horllamideh(m): 6:47am On Jun 19, 2021
TotoNaRubber:
I will do giveaway
Quote and tell me what you need
A second-hand laptop sir
I want to go back to freelancing, expenses is killing me and I am left with barely any savings to afford one.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by cho25bc(f): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2021
slimman007:

Love your spirit dear.God will continue to pave way for you.Keep your head high and don't give up...want to know are you married?
Amen. Thanks for the prayers and the words of encouragement. God will also make ways for you too.

No,im not married smiley

1 Like

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
Gbogbowa:
[s]I have computer skill also including phone repair but I tell it's still difficult to cope with 5 kids this day,imagine finishing 300 naira garri with my family once,things are very difficult,no food is cheap now,infact if committing suicide we provide money for my wife and children I don't mind killing myself only that my death will put my wife and children in more poverty[/s]

The last people I will ever want to pity In the world are Nigerian Men, Most especially the "Not To Do Well Married Ones" You people disgust me a lot, Most of you guys loves PUSSY too much and are living a Reckless, Non-Planned, Indecent and Directionessless Life......

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2021
kebeb:
Been without a job since March. Life has been really tough. My wife is 7months pregnant. Thought about having an abortion for her at 5months but was scared of loosing her. She's not the fit type, so I have to spend more time with her at home.

You Nigerian Black Men loves Pvssy too much, "Small Breakthrough and Success" like this then Next Is Pvssy and Marriage and start littering everywhere with babies like Pigs. I am a high value man with abundance of resources but I'm never thinking of procreating In Shiiithole. This Is the worst place In the world.....
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2021
Reeses:
If you guys are hungry then show it! Do something out there that will show the world that you are hungry and tired of being hungry. They say an hungry man is an angry man. Burn the fucking country down and start over again

Lol for where?? Many of them will still fvck their Olosho Wives/Girlfriends with empty stomach tonight. Majority of them are Hypocrites, Cunny, Deceptive, Manipulative and Unserious Folks. They don't wanna DIE but wanna ENJOY......

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Originalsly:
Hmmmm....... I have no clue how people earning N30k salary survive let alone the unemployed..... so let me take a seat and hear from the ehmmmm...... magicians.
God have mercy sir I know someone with 5childern earning 30k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

30k is even good. Some are earning 15k.
Blood of Zachariah
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
KingKingKing:
If you don't have a job I hope you have a great family that helps you financially, if you don't have a great family I hope you have great friends that are benevolent.

Above all I hope you have God.

One day I will share my testimony on Nairaland.
God have mercy on us sir in this country
Cuz to survive without a Job in Nigeria is crazy I must confess
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2021
BuyAndSellStuff:

I thought I was the only one thinking this.
No be small magic o.

Even with salary, one is still broke not to talk of being jobless.

Na wa.
Ameen

I really pray everyone gets a reasonable source of livelihood.
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Interesting topic

Grab my weed while I read comments
Bad boy help boys with something na
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
NACE13:

How's that a mumu question now? Why would he be having sex recklessly when he can barely feed himself and wife. He doesn't have money to buy condom but can stupidly have sex raw and now he's expecting another child. That is total foolishness, don't you think. How much does it cost to partake in family planning, eh?

A broke man has no right to have an erection ever!

I don't know why black people like you never think of tomorrow, rather you'd be begging, praying and hoping on God to come down from heaven to feed you.

People who have just two kids, do you think they don't like sex as well or they don't want more kids? In this current situation, someone earning less than N1m a month shouldn't have more than 2 kids if he wants to live a good life.

In my office, the least earner has got only two kids and the highest earner has just four and he earns more than N2m a month. Do you think he doesn't have sex every day? Seek knowledge first before any other thing. Know this and know peace.

You get time advising deluded zombies......
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2021
Abba114:
im doing my nysc but deep inside me im always afraid of the time i will finish
By the time you are done your eyes go clear shawaran da zan baka shine, save enough money that will atleast hold you before you get a job
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Itzlinda(f): 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2021
triple996:

Which part of kaduna are you staying?
I stay at unguwan rimi

I de malali for now

Zan iya tura ma dm?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
molybdenum0012:
Well, after my masters degree in 2017, came back to Lagos to search for job, I could not find none. I took up a teaching job that paid me 20k per month while doing some home lessons around the neighborhoods.

Meanwhile I could not rent an apartment of my own, I was squatting with a brother of mine. I worked in this school for some years and then lockdown came, I became jobless and hungry.

Somehow, as a result of the benevolence of close family members, I was able to survive 2020. This year a family member got me a car which I use to do Uber now. And that is how have been surviving.

Life is really hard for unemployed in this country. And even a large numbers of those who are employed are under employed and can hardly take care of themselves.
May God save us in this country
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2021
ibechris:

Same way I thought.
But u have to be very creative,dogged and strong. I thank God after my NYSC in 2009/2010 I saved every dime I realised in Kebbi state and got a bank job and the story today has indeed changed.

Just start planning how u are going to work out ur ways...and pls,try not go back home to stay with ur parents after service except they have a job for u,if not,start your life from where u are. All the best.
You are lucky Sir,many graduate until they graduate there eyes open that's after service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
Houston17:
Hmm, well for me, honestly, getting job is really not easy in Nigeria here. Currently, I am running my PG program and one day I took an inventory of my skills and found out, all through my UG days, I rarely built any skills.

I searched for skills that will be relevant in years to come and also matched my degree (Mathematics and a Lil of statistics), and to my surprise I stumbled on data science. Before now, I had a friend during service who was on my neck to develop a skill that's global and that could get me remote jobs irrespective of my location, but I never took it really serious. As at then, the guy has already worked with so many firms outside of Nigeria but that was not enough to motivate.

But as time began to roll by with the whole issue of jobs in Nigeria, mehn, I had to give myself brain o. So I looked out for online course on data science and luckily after monitoring Data Science Nigeria for three years, I have applied for their program which is starting on Monday. I chose not to get into any full time job at the moment (just home lesson) as my thesis have started and I've decided to give myself till the end of the year to learn and build portfolios before man go grad from MSc come dey carry CV upandan.

So for everyone out there who's looking for job, got families to take care of, mehn, I understand ooo, may the Lord make way for you and us all. And for young chap out there, especially UGs, please, don't just waste your time in school without learning any relevant skills especially for future of work skills. It's very important. Covid 19 has exposed how that most jobs might need go remote now and with the advent of Artificial Intelligence, skills are very much needed to meet up with this.

May God help us all.
But you studied mathematics you can easily grab a job
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2021
darkgoddes:
16k Hmmmnn. Nigeria which way? Pls I'm not bragging o but I think my brothers are lucky to get 30k each monthly from me.

This poster I quoted, 5k is small but if it isn't too small for you, pls send me a pm with your acct details.

Which business are you doing
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2021
rickmendy:
I am probably losing trust in any of the jobs. Carried doing becoming a corporate lawyer but there is still no success in any job and first of all I didn't even get a job , have been so worried and this COVID has killed it all. Thought it would help me a lot but thinking of moving to some other country where maybe this skill is valued . Please help me guys.

Do you mean as a corporate lawyer you are not earning 50k a month?
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
rickmendy:
I am probably losing trust in any of the jobs. Carried doing becoming a corporate lawyer but there is still no success in any job and first of all I didn't even get a job , have been so worried and this COVID has killed it all. Thought it would help me a lot but thinking of moving to some other country where maybe this skill is valued . Please help me guys.
Do you mean as a corporate lawyer you are not earning 50k a month
Re: Considering The Situation Of Nigeria, How Are You Coping Without A Job? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hassanmaye:

By the time you are done your eyes go clear shawaran da zan baka shine, save enough money that will atleast hold you before you get a job
thats not possible how can u save enough from 33k

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lagos Bus Conductors To Wear Uniforms From January 1 2018 / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / 5 Common Mistakes Graduates Make After Graduation That Hurts Their Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.