Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

"BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) (56306 Views)

No Bakassi Boys In Anambra State / Umahi To IGP: Remove Us From Anambra. I Don’t Know Who Smuggled Us To Awka / Bakassi Boys To Return To Fight Fulani Herdsmen- Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Kingpin1000: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
eloquently:
Bakassi Boys of 1998 to 2002 were very bloody.... They possessed the greatest odeshi ever seen openly in Nigeria. They killed a lot of people...They were known to repel bullets with juju. Those days you come to onitsha or aba and you see littered corpses of criminals. They do carry criminals in vehicle(s) and kill them openly in junctions. During the time of the bakassi boys those days, you can leave your phone, money, laptop on the road, and still come back to pick it. I don't know if they killed up to 20,000 people in those years... Their juju was something else. They were too barbaric. Public beheading of criminals. Bakassi boys killed many maf boys in aba. Maf was a criminal group that could rob in broad day light. Bakassi boys brought crime down in the east those days. They killed the greatest criminal ever in the east. His name was Derico. Derico killed about 100 people including 25 police officers.. Bakassi finally killed him.

Bakassi of those days has been the strongest security group that have ever emerged in the east.

Bakassi in this era?

Please we don't need to go back to 1998 and 2002 pattern.

We need to move forward.
And Kalu was stealing billions.. Bakassi are poor people sent by rich people to kill poor people.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Havertz10: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2021
cheesy una well done
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Uteghe(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
grin cheesy Hausa Fulani has the east where they wanted. Igbo fighting Igbo

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
Newsmic:
There are growing concerns over the suspected return of a disbanded security group, ‘Bakassi Boys’ to the streets of Awka, in Anambra State on Monday.

It is not clear who is behind the group

But with the growing insecurity, the resurgence of the dreaded outfit in the southeastern region, might compound the already vexing situation.

The dreaded ‘Bakassi Boys’ vigilante group, who engaged in jungle justice in Anambra State during the time of former governor, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, allegedly resurfaced after two decades to crush cultists and other criminals.

It was gathered that the group was seen moving around the state capital in two vans, singing and warning criminals to stay away from the area

Reports stated that the boys, who came mainly from alleged “cult groups” have taken over Awka town in recent times without any response from the police or the state government.

The police in Awka, seems not to know about the activities of the group. But the Police Public Relations Officer for the state, Ikenga Tochukwu, expressed the willingness of the command to work with any stakeholder in ensuring security of lives and property in the state.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67bcjTS4xo

No Bakassi Boys in Anambra State

1. An unidentified amateur video photographer has made a video claiming that the controversial security outfit known as Bakassi Boys, which was two decades ago used in Abia and Anambra states when the two neighbouring states were almost overrun by violent criminals, is back, this time in Awka, the Anambra State capital. The video quickly went viral because of its sensational appeal. A section of even the mainstream media has publicized the video, thus giving it a veneer of credibility.

2. The Anambra State Government would like to assure all Ndi Anambra that the Bakassi Boys security outfit is not in Anambra State, and will not be used again in the state. Anambra State remains the safest state in the country, despite the eight security breaches of the past few months which received enormous publicity. The people and Government of Anambra State are proud of the record of security agencies in the state which have substantially overcome the challenges of the last few months.

3. The section of the media that reported the purported return of the so-called Bakassi Boys, which is not backed by any law in the state, would have known better if only they had contacted any official of the Anambra State Government, especially the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, who is well reputed for having easily the greatest open-door policy of all his peers in the country and always endavours to promptly address the query or inquiry of every journalist. In fact, the journalists would have availed themselves of the right information if they had bothered to speak to any official of the Anambra Vigilante Group (AVG) or any official of the Awka Youth Movement.

4. What the journalists and some members of the public innocently confused with Bakassi Boys’ return to the state is a noble effort of some Awka indigenes to fish out cultists in the community who have attempted to capitalize on the inadequate number of policemen on patrol in the town in the last few months to fight themselves with dangerous weapons. The fights among cultists resulted in some casualties. Awka youth, appalled by the sad development in their peaceful hometown, decided to fish out the cultists from their residences and hideouts. An unidentified young amateur video photographer recorded one of the operations and can be heard in the video exuberantly screaming “Bakassi! Bakassi Boys are back in Awka!”

5. The hysterical announcement is far from the truth. Any person who watches the video to the end will certainly see two vans which belong to the Anambra Vigilante Group right in the scene. No fair-minded person can mistake the AVG for the unorthodox security outfit which was outlawed several years ago. Whereas Bakassi Boys used to arrest suspects, tried them within minutes and executed them in broad daylight in a most savage manner, the AVG is a modern security outfit created by law. It neither tries nor sentences suspects. A stickler for due process, the AVG cannot tolerate lawlessness. It works in close collaboration with the traditional ruler and president general of each of the 179 communities in the state but also the Nigeria Police Force. In fact, the AVG chairman is Mr Ikechukwu Aduba, a fantastic gentleman, author and historian who used to be an excellent police commissioner.

6. The people of Anambra State are advised to go about their normal business. Anambra State is peaceful and calm. There is no Bakassi Boys security outfit in Awka or any other part of our beloved state. The existing security agencies are doing their best to protect all of us.

God bless Anambra State, the Light of the Nation.

Signed.

C. Don Adinuba
Commissioner for Information & Public Enlightenment.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Ykc2(m): 8:37pm On Jun 16, 2021
LordVoldermort:
I hope the bastards have modernized themselves no more red knife nonsense
go challenge dem ,
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by realstars: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2021
Good
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by planetx: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
I heard back in the 90's that they will put their matchete above your head and if it turns red you are guilty and sentenced to death on the spot. Don't know if they still do that or if it is an urban myth.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
Joanney:
Lol cheesy
You still remember this...
Nobody should forget that
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Alanzazani: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
DonHummer:
They are not bakassi boys, just local vigiante group contracted by a community in awka for protection against criminal activities and cultism. Their modus operandi resembles that of the real bakassi boys.

And AVS car is even there. People and fake news
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by simonsayz: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2021
You no see say naija no gree move forward?
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Pyhonist: 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lollllll!

Shock and shoot! As in are you guys for real?

10 herdmen with thier sophisticated weapons will eliminate all this noise makers in 10 minutes.

No be by noise.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Kizyte(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Almaigaa:
Trash.
If one herdsmen show face there, all of them go turn Ben Johnson. grin grin grin
You were not born when Bakassi Boys first showed up, they are dreaded, nothing can penetrate them, not even charm by juju priest can harm them. They killed many evil people including Edi na Nnogu.

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Zenithpeak(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Awon Isakaba ti pada de o

The return of Isakaba.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by emmydrey(m): 8:41pm On Jun 16, 2021
Ok...now killing will reduce
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Calitoscassius(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
meobizy:
The country is good at going one step forward then ten steps back. If you're shocked, na you know. I expected such many years ago.
i tell you! It is totally ridiculous that in 2021 these kinda achaic method is used in the so call fighting crime and insecurity in a "Giant of Africa".. what happened to the country's police force?

Absolutely ridiculously ten steps backwards.

2 Likes

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by PAWG(m): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
I remember those days wey we dey connect Onitsha to head back to Lagos from Madonna Okija. When Bakassi boys stop to search, men wey dey loot their popsy go dey fear amputation cheesy

Those were the days
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Rodwave: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2021
eloquently:
Bakassi Boys of 1998 to 2002 were very bloody.... They possessed the greatest odeshi ever seen openly in Nigeria. They killed a lot of people...They were known to repel bullets with juju. Those days you come to onitsha or aba and you see littered corpses of criminals. They use jazz to sense criminals. They were also spontaneous. Example: A bank robbery might be going on, and before you know it, bakassi boys would have probably sensed it and then block all the junctions of escape for the robbers. They do carry criminals in vehicle(s) and kill them openly in junctions. During the time of the bakassi boys those days, you can leave your phone, money, laptop on the road, and still come back to pick it. I don't know if they killed up to 20,000 people in those years... Their juju was something else. They were too barbaric. Public beheading of criminals. Bakassi boys killed many maf boys in aba. Maf was a criminal group that could rob in broad day light. Bakassi boys brought crime down in the east those days. They killed the greatest criminal ever in the east. His name was Derico. Derico killed about 100 people including 25 police officers.. Bakassi finally killed him. One deadly bakassi guy those days was called ejima. Bakassi boys conquered prophet Eddy's diabolism and killed him.

Bakassi of those days has been the strongest vigilante group that have ever emerged in the Nigeria.

In those days, if you think any group or guys are rugged enough or mad enough, just invite bakassi boys and their doubt will likely be cleared. Those days, sone guys ran away from the East. Bakassi boys were very dreadful....

Those days, if you see large number of bike men coming and doing stunts, it is likely that bakassi boys are coming behind them in a bus as commandos.

Bakassi in this era?

We need to move forward. That era should be gone by now..

You have been brainwashed. No be only greatest juju bla bla.

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Dreadful: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2021
Those idiots were recruited by the politicians for the elections but they will soon understand!
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Btruth: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2021
BodePolScience:
I think they already have ESN, which one is Bakassi Boys again...
go and watch the series on ISSAKABA, then you will understand. If your hands are clean, nothing to worry about.

I think I will support them.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Sdbsylaz: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2021
Confused Easterners..
Newsmic:
There are growing concerns over the suspected return of a disbanded security group, ‘Bakassi Boys’ to the streets of Awka, in Anambra State on Monday.

It is not clear who is behind the group

But with the growing insecurity, the resurgence of the dreaded outfit in the southeastern region, might compound the already vexing situation.

The dreaded ‘Bakassi Boys’ vigilante group, who engaged in jungle justice in Anambra State during the time of former governor, Chinwoke Mbadinuju, allegedly resurfaced after two decades to crush cultists and other criminals.

It was gathered that the group was seen moving around the state capital in two vans, singing and warning criminals to stay away from the area

Reports stated that the boys, who came mainly from alleged “cult groups” have taken over Awka town in recent times without any response from the police or the state government.

The police in Awka, seems not to know about the activities of the group. But the Police Public Relations Officer for the state, Ikenga Tochukwu, expressed the willingness of the command to work with any stakeholder in ensuring security of lives and property in the state.

See video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67bcjTS4xo
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by JOACHINpedro: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2021
AdaAwka1:

You are saying this because you never jam armed robbers and cultists before
Believe you me I have. I have even been robbed by the stranger I accommodated, fed and what was my reward?
He stole both my phone and camera. The two things that mattered to me then.
I believe there is reserved punishment to people's crime by law.
Why then do we practice rule of law if we can take the law by our own hand?

I'm not sympathizing with any offender but I endorse a trial before judgement.
That is Democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by don3e(m): 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2021
They should also cover DELTA STATE. ALL the Yahoo plus and G boys have done real evil in the land.
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
Promiseibritam:
I smell blood shed
This I hv smelled.

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by juseng(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2021
BodePolScience:
I think they already have ESN, which one is Bakassi Boys again...
They're Isakaba

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by olisaEze(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2021
Nwanne na dem, ōsó g'eme boys right now! cheesy

Bia you pipo raking upandan about the "barbarity" and the so called "backwardness" of the Anambra State govt have no idea what has been going on there since October last year.

Lagos is filled with escapee bros dem from Awka, all with gory tales of idiots butchering demselves over cult supremacy.

Abi confra don dey pay minimum wage? undecided

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Almaigaa: 8:54pm On Jun 16, 2021
Kizyte:
You were not born when Bakassi Boys first showed up, they are dreaded, nothing can penetrate them, not even charm by juju priest can harm them. They killed many evil people including Edi na Nnogu.

Trash.
Ikoson wore locally made bullet proof which is made of African Magic. Yet, he was Gunned down like a Rat by our Galant Soldiers. Where are the so called BakasI Boys when Igalas were sacking Igbo communities in Anambra. Where were they when Herdsmen were causing havoc in the EAST? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by enomakos(m): 8:55pm On Jun 16, 2021
There is no bakassi boys in anambra,that is the state vigilante group
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by meobizy(f): 8:56pm On Jun 16, 2021
Calitoscassius:
i tell you! It is totally ridiculous that in 2021 these kinda achaic method is used in the so call fighting crime and insecurity in a "Giant of Africa".. what happened to the country's police force?

Absolutely ridiculously ten steps backwards.
Supply is the response to demand. The police force is useless and most times worse than the criminals themselves. This is a homebrew solution to an indigenous problem. Yes, it is archaic but hopefully will counter the growing rate of crime. Some innocents will die, that is a given. Nigerians are quick to recover numbers lost from violence. Poor man too born pikin.

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by Iceyjayz: 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2021
Which bakassi boys?
Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by echesilver: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2021
[s]

Bakassi in this era?

We need to move forward. That era should be gone by now..[/quote][/s]

So the era of crimes and killings should be now

1 Like

Re: "BAKASSI BOYS" Return To Awka, Anambra State (Video) by EmirateNadis: 9:03pm On Jun 16, 2021

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Even If Obaseki Wins This Election ... APC Will Use Imo State Formula (Opinion) / Mohammed Gudaji Kazaure Shoots Himself, Flown To Dubai (photos) / Peter Obi’s Degree Result & NYSC Discharged Certificate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.