Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,904 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:31 PM

Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft (23197 Views)

Francis Atuche: Court Freezes ₦19.1 Billion Belonging To Ex-bank PHB MD / FG Appoints Transaction Advisers For $6.2 Bilion Eurobond Issuance / Njideka Offor And Ugo Udu Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by MrHighSea: 5:48am On Jun 17, 2021
Heartless

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by mu2sa2: 5:49am On Jun 17, 2021
"Francis Atuche is married to Elizabeth Atuche with children. He is a christian. He's from Delta state, not from the North. "
Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Dre555: 5:52am On Jun 17, 2021
illicit:
Money don't go to jail
cars running on water

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Dre555: 5:53am On Jun 17, 2021
Solsix:
I remember one of bank phb advert when they foresaw cars running on water, they didn't see thier bank was going down
cars running on water

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Focusmind: 5:57am On Jun 17, 2021
Prof. Pat Utomi and Kola are lucky. They were Board members of Bank PHB then. How did they escape being privy to what happened? Is it because they are influential or what?

Imagine the headlines if Pat Utomi was found guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by ShenTeh(m): 5:58am On Jun 17, 2021
ShenTeh:
Francis Atuche used to be a household name like the Jim Ovias, Cecelia Ibrus, of this world in that generation when bank MDs where demigods.

The woes of BankPHB seems to had worsened with the purchase of a struggling Spring Bank and Atuche's insistence of running the banks separately, hence disregarding the economics of scale that that purchase brought.

The BankPHB story always brings emotions to me because I loved that bank and their branding and customer service was great, but I guess the controversial Sanusi Lamido Sanusi tsunami knew better.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by juman(m): 6:03am On Jun 17, 2021
The same thing is happening in all banks.
Nigeria is like a lawless country.

Civil service and in fact every where, corruption riddle all places.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Tecno66: 6:11am On Jun 17, 2021
HonNL:

SOURCE
Tell me how shareholders can get dividend payment when bank workers embezzle all the bank funds. I wonder when I see gigantic buildings some of them put up around me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Trustedpronet: 6:12am On Jun 17, 2021
And they will not pay good dividends to their shareholders. Imagine a family of 4 with 5million naira shares each barely gets 70k per year. Banks are one of the major problems of Nigerians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by HRMK: 6:20am On Jun 17, 2021
THAT IS VERY GOOD!

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Taiwojon(m): 6:20am On Jun 17, 2021
Court with judgement!

Well
The eternal court await those who neglect the grace of God and the sacrifice of JESUS.

JESUS is calling us on to salvation, He paid it all for you.
Repent now so as to aviod the wrath of God.

Jesus saves

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by PrinceOfLagos: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2021
This man almost got Davido's father networth in one deal

4 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by ikaboy: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2021
Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by tunwumi: 6:21am On Jun 17, 2021
Penguin2:
Some people are heartless.

How can you steal 25bn naira from a company that employed you? How much is their capital?

Jail them for life joor!

Ndi oshi!

That is a whole bank capital base that time. Many banks were closed because they can't raise that amount but an employee conviniently stole it in 7months.

6 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by DrTee1(m): 6:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Very valid and intelligent points. I think our legal system is largely to be blamed for it. The case has taken more than a decade and I won't be surprised it goes on appeal and on to the supreme court, taking more years. N25Billion in 2009 was $172.4m which is currently worth N77.6 billion today. That fund was used to fund wastages along with unquantifiable waste of man hours. Why should it take 10 years to establish the difference between professional negligence and criminal negligence for a publicly quoted bank that is under supervision of regulators and auditors? shocked It's completely preposterous and a huge drain on us all. The justice system is way too slow and is encouraging resource allocation inefficiency. The judiciary needs to help us in this country. If they don't do their work more efficiently, the system will eventually consume them too.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't want to go this deep initially.

When we dig deep enough, we'll find out that Atuche and co only possibly stepped on some toes or fell out with some co-conspirators to have been brought to this point.

It is all 'sakamanje', in my view. Sakamanje means 'make belief' in Lagos Urban lingua.

The Nigerian system is monumentally flawed. The richest of the rich ALL have stories like this. There's hardly a clean billionaire in this country. It is a class system that seeks to enrich an ultra-minute corrupt few so as to maintain the now-weaponised poverty as some political armoury that never runs out of ammunition.

Consider this, for instance:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10165892940685144&id=645765143&sfnsn=scwspwa

The speed or otherwise of the Judiciary is only a symptom of the Cancer. Nigeria is on life support. The mills of Law all over the world grinds quite slowly, but is expected to grind finely. In Nigeria, it grinds slowly and is often ambushed to break down midway.

Consider Orji Uzor's conviction and its magical overturn!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by SavageResponse(m): 6:28am On Jun 17, 2021
That Atuche guy is a big crook. angry

In addition to the crimes listed here this thief set up a personal company and put the staff of that company on the payroll of BankPHB so the bank would be paying their salaries!

6 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by clothingonline(m): 6:28am On Jun 17, 2021
So this is the face behind bank phb fall

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Ndipe(m): 6:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Read this

One of Atuche's sons got married to Awolowo's great grand daughter recently. The wedding was very lavish.

http://www.ovationinternational.com/the-regal-wedding-of-adesekemi-aderemi-and-anthony-atuche-in-lagos/

https://www.google.com/search?q=sekemi+aderemi+wedding&sxsrf=ALeKk00TpipI1WDTvL2S9pXR2n47cAB-tQ%3A1623913670681&source=hp&ei=xvTKYJX6Jvyi0PEPi9qHcA&oq=sekemi+aderemi+wedding&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBADOgQIIxAnOgcIABCxAxAKOgQIABAKOgcIABDJAxAKOgIIADoICAAQFhAKEB46BggAEBYQHjoFCCEQqwI6BQghEKABOgcIIRAKEKABUM4lWOJpYI5vaABwAHgAgAGODYgBvXWSAQs0LTEuMy4xLjcuMpgBAKABAbABAA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#imgrc=__0k--lBl_WksM

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Adekunle555: 6:29am On Jun 17, 2021
that huge sum of money.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Zetty177x: 6:30am On Jun 17, 2021
Solsix:
I remember one of bank phb advert when they foresaw cars running on water, they didn't see thier bank was going down

Them try...at least now cars are running on electric...if only our government had picked that advert and used their senses to know that one day, crude oil sales Will drop

3 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:43am On Jun 17, 2021
Only another ENDSARS protest or another UGM prison invasion in their locations will save these ones

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by RAFFIZY(m): 6:50am On Jun 17, 2021
I remember phb bank coming to my school to advertise when I was in secondary school then,they had excellent marketing strategies,truly the selfishness of one individual affects all.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Virus99: 6:54am On Jun 17, 2021
MajorLeaguePlay:
10 yrs?! It took 10yrs to conclude a financial crime case? What a lawless country.

And, they need to stop sending Journalists that have no idea how the law works to go cover court cases. He wasn’t sentenced to 126yrs. The Journalist is obviously calculating the sentences consecutively.

So how many years was he sentenced to sir ?

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Rodwave: 6:55am On Jun 17, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

https://www.nairaland.com/331313/atuche-refuses-resign-bankphb-ceo#4646631

This thread was in the twilight of the golden era of Nairaland. It is a decent thread with intelligent exchanges initiated by Suraj . By the time you go through the second link in 2015, you will clearly see how the standard had fallen. I still remember with nostalgia the time when you can have decent and intelligent exchanges here on Nairaland and not now where young folks who should be temperate and teachable make very toxic comments and haul insults at everyone including those old enough to be their grandparents. Thanks for sharing the historical background of the case. God bless you sir.visit www.freestuffsng.com to hunt for free stuff. May God bless Nigeria.

Shut up. It's illiterate sycophantic zombie miscreants like you that destroyed this forum with you hate and anti Igbo rhetorics. You think tribal politics will keep you hediots in power in perpetuity? You and your cow leaders will be disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Enemyofpeace: 7:01am On Jun 17, 2021
where are his girlfriends that follow enjoy the loot? bola146 where are thou? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Gbengbelu: 7:12am On Jun 17, 2021
Justice...
Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by azpekuliar: 7:13am On Jun 17, 2021
I was at Hubmart, VI yesterday and I did not find a single can of chilled Malt to buy as the shelves for beverages were scanty.
Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by caprini1: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2021
Bola146:
cool What next.. kirikiri
Please has courts resumed sitting?
Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by rhektor(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2021
Solsix:
They foresaw the bank sinking in water but refuse to rescue it because of greed.
These ones getting longer term looks suspicious, how did Erasmus Akingbola escape? Why did Cecilia Ibru get a very short term? Be like some people are on their case grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by MT: 7:20am On Jun 17, 2021
Something is obviously wrong with us as a Nation. EfCC closed its case in 2013, justice delivered in 2021, which means it took the defendants 8 years to present it's case. Our administration of justice needs complete overhaul. What happens to the mantra "Justice delayed is justice denied". How long did it take to arraign and convict Chauvin in the states?
Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by rhektor(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2021
Rodwave:

Shut up. It's illiterate sycophantic zombie miscreants like you that destroyed this forum with you hate and anti Igbo rhetorics. You think tribal politics will keep you hediots in power in perpetuity? You and your cow leaders will be disgraced.

You just proved him to be right about you and your likes

5 Likes

Re: Court Convicts Bank PHB's Francis Atuche, Ugo Anyanwu Of ₦25.7 Bilion Theft by Depressed101: 7:26am On Jun 17, 2021
Penguin2:
Some people are heartless.

How can you steal 25bn naira from a company that employed you? How much is their capital?

Jail them for life joor!

Ndi oshi!
asin eh, I'm sure they are reason the bank is no more in popular existence. Very heartless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Dangote Factory In Ikorodu (More Photos) / How To Receive Money From Abroad Via Wire Transfer Into Your Domiciliary Account / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.