Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? (23022 Views)

New CBN Policy; Banks Now Charge N50 Monthly For Debit Cards? / Pls Help Is it Safe To Invest My School Fees On MMM? / Banks Now Charge #100 /#105 For Fund Transfer Within Same Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

It seems Konga are failing to realise that they have competitors.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Would you have gone ahead with the purchase if you were in my shoes?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by CARLOSZ: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2016
Use jumia or dealdey, problem solved

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
CARLOSZ:
Use jumia or dealdey, problem solved
The issue is that it is only Konga that has one of the major items I needed, so I will have to go for only one
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by dominique(f): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2016
That's outrageous. I just randomly selected 3 items on Jumia to see if they've also joined in the madness. I was charged N700 for delivery to my location and N300 to the nearest pick-up station. Konga must be crazy to introduce such outrageous shipping fees.

25 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by bongolistik(m): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
dominique:
That's outrageous. I just randomly selected 3 items on Jumia to see if they've also joined in the madness. I was charged N700 for delivery to my location and N300 to the nearest pick-up station. Konga must be crazy to introduce such outrageous shipping fees.
dear I just tire for Konga. Jumia didn't join this random Konga madness. I ordered 3 different items recently for somebody from Jumia and the items were consolidated and N1,200 was charged as delivery fee for all 3 items and the fee was distributed in fractions to each of the items.

Konga has to cut us some slacks and stop this random madness

5 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 09, 2016
That is outrageous!
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Raypawer(m): 7:10am On Jun 09, 2016
dollar don high!

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by CountDracula(m): 7:11am On Jun 09, 2016
because they can and there's no one dat can stop dem

6 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by BrAkingNews: 7:11am On Jun 09, 2016
Konga is truly crazy. This is madness of the highest order.

5 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by admax(m): 7:12am On Jun 09, 2016
No need to stress yourself, just boycott them. They will soon form an ssociation of online malls in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Pyno30: 7:13am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:
Do you believe that Konga now knows nothing again about consolidation of multiple items before delivery as they now charge full and separate delivery fees on each of the multiple items you buy on their site?

Imagine I recently wanted to buy 3 separate items from Konga on a single purchase; one is phone battery for N3,800 the other is a pair of jean trouser for N3,500 and the third is USB data cable for N700 and when I was about to check out, I noticed that Konga has added N1,000 each on the items as delivery fee, totalling N3,000 for the delivery charges and that was how I quickly terminated the order.

We are enduring the fact that they have recently hiked delivery fees on their items and then come again to notice this recent development.

It's now hightime person began to boycott shopping from Konga if they continue this way.

They even failed to realise that at times people shop for multiple items just because of leverage on delivery fees, but they have now defeated that aim by charging full seperate fees to deliver multiple items made on single purchase.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/06/konga-is-losing-it-all-by-doing-this-on.html

The Reason is CHANGE BY APC

7 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by coldsummer: 7:13am On Jun 09, 2016
Because they can never be jumia and will never be jumia.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by whizqueen(f): 7:14am On Jun 09, 2016
What you people may not understand is konga is a marketplace where we have thousands of sellers or do you think konga own all the products you see that's displayed on their site? Even jumia doesn't! Some merchants are in Lagos and some are not in Lagos.

When you ordered for 5 items it could be from five different merchants. With 5 different order number, every merchant ships differently or do you expect the merchant in Lagos island and one in mushin then the other one in surulere to start hooking up with themselves just because they want to ship your order?

If you order from same seller, you will be charged one shipping fee. If you order from konga itself you will be charged one shipping fee. Try it out and tell me if it doesn't appear that way!

And for those or y'all shouting jumia, jumia charges delivery fee based on weight while konga charges with distance. If you want to see Jumia's craziness on shipping fee, order for a washing machine, fridge and flat screen TV then check out the delivery fee. undecided

By the way I'm not a staff of konga. I'm just a merchant on both platforms so I know how it works.
Adios

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by beautyerhu86(f): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Go to the market yourself and do the shopping.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Smartsyn(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
The wind of CHANGE must of gotten to Konga..
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by kikesblog(m): 7:16am On Jun 09, 2016
Konga for life....... Making Money online grin grin
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by vikel2104: 7:17am On Jun 09, 2016
We are in the are of CHANGI!
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lyterydim(m): 7:18am On Jun 09, 2016
Please someone help..I know it has Notting to do with the topic at hand.....am in mocambique in South of Africa....I sent one of my friend 100usd tru western union to ecobank nigeria, after charging me 15 usd for transfer fee...with the intention that I usd is 300 which shud be around 25k in naira...ecobank end up giving him 12000k...is it tru or my friend is trying to be smart....because I asked him to take 8k and give my brother the remaining balance. .I know my English may be weird but English is not my native language.
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by LessNoise: 7:18am On Jun 09, 2016
Konga has always been like that i almost got trapped when I previewed my order on multiple items I noticed the Seperate charge on each item......mehn Balogun ti take over

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by somehowpenis(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
beautyerhu86:
best comment..

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by BadIntentionz: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
But I bought 5 different items from Kong and was charged 1000 ford delivery to calabar?

Ordered 2more and was charged same 1k. So I'm worried about this report sef

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:

Gone ahead keh?! I stopped shopping on konga since I notice d seperate delivery charge around january this year.

I prefer now to spare some of my busy time, drive down to a mall and get wateva it is I want

KONGA koh, GANGAN ni!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by idupaul: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
They can't keep running at loss just to keep you happy na

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by lalaboi(m): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:

This is because all the items on konga are not only sold by Konga. There are thousands of individual sellers on konga and each have their own delivery fees. So if you buy from seller A who sells shoes, he will charge his own delivery fees, If you buy phone battery from seller B, he will charge his own delivery fees. This is why orders get delivered at different times as there is also a self fulfill option for the sellers where they can deliver themselves and get their cash immediately without waiting for Konga to Remit to them

Sellers are allowed to charge for delivery or offer free delivery too. If you buy all your items from a particular seller, you don't get charged multiple delivery.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by one4GOD(f): 7:19am On Jun 09, 2016
bongolistik:

Thanks for the info I thought I was the only one. Mine was with Jumia they are doing same and sometimes you realize that the delivery charge is even higher than the cost of item bought. I had to engage their delivery men recently and I was not satisfied with the explanation that delivery is charged based on weight and I know this was not so at the beginning. So henceforth I wait until I have the time and I will go to Balogun market to get some of the items I need. For now, no online shopping cool
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by carlzy: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Whenever I make an attempt to place an order on Konga.com, I keep getting a standard delivery price of 3000 for just an item. This usually makes me prefer Jumia to Konga.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by BadIntentionz: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
LessNoise:
Konga has always been like that i almost got trapped when I previewed my order on multiple items I noticed the Seperate charge on each item......mehn Balogun ti take over

Y'all guys are lucky with Balogun and all, we down south for Calabar na die we dey o
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Konnektions146(m): 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Are you sure Konga is the seller of all the items?

Konga is a marketplace where different sellers display , sell and ship their sold items to customers individually,

The reason maybe that those items u selected MAY not be fulfilled by Konga, rather 3 different sellers.

Imagine-
Item A- seller is in inyan ipaja
Item A- seller in Ikeja
Item A- seller In badagry

How do you expect a perfect consolidated delivery?

I don't represent Konga and I stopped shopping on Konga for a very long time now,

Just making a realistic sense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by ojoyentalk: 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
To give you the best service
Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Teddyg2(m): 7:20am On Jun 09, 2016
If you order item that Konga is the seller, they we charge you for only single order but if you order item from Chinedu, Muhammad and Bola they we charge you differently and issue different receipt.
Benefit of it that I notice is, because of fast delivery, anyone of them that is ready can shipped is item on is own. But if it is to shipped together they we need to wait for all of them before shipping. So that cause delay shipment. Try to order different item that Konga is the seller they we charge u for single shipment. As a regular customer that what I notice. Hope it help

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Konga Now Charge Full Seperate Delivery Fees On Multiple Items? by Iamoilprince(m): 7:21am On Jun 09, 2016
beautyerhu86:

U go waka tire n will not still find it

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crypto Exchanges Stop Selling USDT/USDC In Naira / LED signs Nigeria | Digital signage | Moving sign display | Led Lights / First Bank Debtors. Starcomms Owing N40b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.