Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians (794 Views)

Why Does 95 Percent Of Nigerian Websites Run Without SSL ? / Checkout This Amazingly Useful Nigerian Websites You Never Knew Existed / Help: My Sites Can't Be Accessed By Glo Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by bnanzip(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2021
I could not access any Nigerian website, not even my own website but I could visit foreign sites like Facebook and Youtube and even my website host. I am currently using a VPN now to type this. Even my website, Punch, and other Nigerian websites cannot be accessed. It was only Vanguard news I could accessed without a VPN.

The funny thing is that websites outside of Nigeria can be accessed such as Youtube, Facebook, etc.

I called my Web host abroad and they said they could access my own site. Which means foreigners could accessed Nigerian sites but Nigerians cannot accessed Nigerian sites.

I called Airtel and they refused telling me anything about it. That my issue will be resolved within 18 hours. I asked the call rep that are they blocking Nigerians from visiting Nigerian websites? and she simply told me they will resolve my issue. I told her it was not my issue but the whole of Nigeria because I had another airtel number and it has the same issue. I used my MTN number and it had the same issue.

If Nairaland records a drop in internet traffic, it is because of this issue.

I think they are up to something.

UPDATE!
MTN has rectified its own.
Airtel still persists on both router and normal phone. It is an Airtel issue.

Cc: Seun,
Lalasticlala
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by YahooSon(m): 7:33am On Jun 17, 2021
Na you gimme the VPN wey I de use for this Samsung s10?
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by Emeka71(m): 7:43am On Jun 17, 2021
I am using airtel and I couldn't log-on yesterday to any site the data was not working on 4G and even others and I believe that was a network issue of airtel because I couldn't even access facebook.
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by illicit(m): 7:47am On Jun 17, 2021
I don't use VPN
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by bnanzip(m): 7:54am On Jun 17, 2021
Emeka71:
I am using airtel and I couldn't log-on yesterday to any site the data was not working on 4G and even others and I believe that was a network issue of airtel because I couldn't even access facebook.

It is an Airtel issue.
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by 404Dev: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2021
It's just a network issue. Even mtn was down around 4am this morning couldn't access anything except Google domains. But was restored around 6
Re: Nairaland And Other Nigerian Websites Can't Be Accessed Without VPN By Nigerians by bnanzip(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
404Dev:
It's just a network issue. Even mtn was down around 4am this morning couldn't access anything except Google domains. But was restored around 6
Yeah, it's true.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Browser Run Faster? / Prove Yourselves Web Developers Afterall You Must Know About Weblogs / Ace Web Solutions: Web Development Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.