Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable (16159 Views)

Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable / Chris Ngige Vs NLC – How Nepotism Led To The Violent Clash That Injured Many / Ganduje Moves To Remove Sanusi As Emir Of Kano - Thecable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by SATANICALLY: 8:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Also Read:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609037/ebonyi-communal-war-umahi-asks | https://www.nairaland.com/6601198/not-fulani-aesid-condemns-renewed
I thought they said innocent Fulani herdsmen were responsible for the attacks?

From the burning of police stations and the high court to the killing of policemen and the maiming of citizens, Ebonyi state has been rocked by violent attacks over the last few months.

In the past, a major source of such violence was rooted in discord over land ownership rights. However, the attacks have now transcended into bloodshed between the present-day communities of Effium and Ezza-Effium in Ohaukwu LGA in the state.

Both warring parties claim that the first attack which resulted in the communal crisis that began on January 22, 2021, was triggered by the opposing side.
Residents affected by the crisis seek refuge in a primary school
While some residents attribute the recent spate of violence to a leadership tussle involving members of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in the state, some say it’s a result of the age-long dispute over land ownership.
According to data from the Council on Foreign Relations, over 120 deaths were recorded between January and March 2021 in Ebonyi state.

In this documentary, TheCable brings you first-hand testimonies, while uncovering details of the communal clash which led to the deaths of many residents and displaced several others to neighbouring states like Benue, where communal crisis, banditry, and other security challenges are predominant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNmYA75x9gE

David Umahi, governor of Ebonyi, had decried the spate of killings and lack of peace in parts of the state.

“Evil men have infiltrated our state to kill, maim and kidnap but God would deliver us,” he had said.

Pregnant women, children, the elderly, youths, religious leaders, and traditional rulers in both Effium and Ezza-Effium communities have become victims of the conflict.
Pregnant Jacinta as at the time of the interview — she put to bed two weeks after
Speaking with TheCable, Ekpe Jacinta, a nine months pregnant woman, narrated that the school where she and other displaced persons were camped had no doctor, midwife, or health official to help deliver her baby.

“This is my ninth month. My plans? Let the will of God be done because I have nothing. I live in this school. There is no doctor, no midwives; it is only God that protects me,” she said.
A man walks past a burnt shop
Despite the harsh tales of survival, endangered lives, destroyed properties, and shallow graves which now characterise the conditions in Effium and Ezza-Effium communities, TheCable found that there is still distrust among several residents.
The signboard of a church remains standing while the building was burnt down

This is a special investigative project by Cable Newspaper Journalism Foundation (CNJF) in partnership with TheCable, supported by the MacArthur Foundation. Published materials are not views of the MacArthur Foundation

https://www.thecable.ng/thecable-documentary-the-bloody-communal-clash-that-has-displaced-thousands-in-ebonyi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Arewa1stSon: 8:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Toh shocked

5 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Obidon1(m): 8:36am On Jun 18, 2021
Problem everywhere
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by BabaOneChance: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Lalasicklala will avoid this thread Like plague!!

Change that Ebonyi to kastina and see this post Hit the front page within a blink of an eye!!
In other words, you're happy with the news of Fulanis invading them and making them homeless. That's another trophy for Buhari.

15 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Temmylee01(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2021
As in I don't even know again.
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by triple996(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2021
But kanu is more interested in paining buhari grin.this biafra will be worse than libya

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Commentor: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2021
Lalasticlala in absentia.

6 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Ekez(m): 8:52am On Jun 18, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Lalasicklala would avoid this thread Like plague!!

Change that Ebonyi to kastina and see this post Hit the front page within a blink of an eye!!
idiot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Ekez(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2021
triple996:
But kanu is more interested in paining buhari grin.this biafra will be worse than libya
biafra dey give una night mare grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Ekez(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2021
Commentor:
Lalasticlala in absentia.

commentor in his mumutia cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Ekez(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2021
BabaOneChance:

In other words, you're happy with the news of Fulanis invading them and making them homeless. That's another trophy for Buhari.
he is a jihadist
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Ekez(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Toh shocked
i don't want to see your spit anywhere here
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by crossfm: 9:36am On Jun 18, 2021
Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by RedChiefPriest: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2021
Pheeeeew maka why!
Everywhere violence

My ticket and visa money go soon complete
I go leave this country for una
South wakanda here i come

2 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2021
Umahi... Let me not say what is in my mind now...

1 Like

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by crossfm: 9:37am On Jun 18, 2021
Ebonyi state and communal crisis are like 5 and 6.

These guys love killing each other. Ironically they seem powerless when herdsmen strike.

Instead of using so much energy in fighting your brothers, why not come together and chase away the "foreign herdsmen "in the word's of Mr lie.

10 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Authoreety: 9:38am On Jun 18, 2021
Reporters should try to ensure they are sure of news they dish out
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 18, 2021
We have constantly said it loud and clear that these guys are not in any way Igbos. They are not. They only believed they were but historical appreciation says otherwise.

Igbos have respect for the sanctity of human lives except Kanu and his Ipob miscreants.

Virtually all parts of Ebonyi state are at war with themselves.

Ikwo and izzi fighting
Afikpo and biase fighting
Ezza and effium fighting
Ezza and izzi fighting
Ikwo and ezza fighting
Edda and biase fighting.

Infact the whole ohaukwu local government is at war even the whole state is at war with themselves.

Igbos are not known for such, It is not in our DNA, our colour is innocent of such barbaric actions.

We condemn this bizarre madness in Ebonyi state in its entirety.

Arewa consultative forum should step in and restore peace in Ebonyi state.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Seniorwriter(m): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2021
SATANICALLY:
Also Read:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609037/ebonyi-communal-war-umahi-asks | https://www.nairaland.com/6601198/not-fulani-aesid-condemns-renewed

Residents affected by the crisis seek refuge in a primary schoolPregnant Jacinta as at the time of the interview — she put to bed two weeks afterA man walks past a burnt shopThe signboard of a church remains standing while the building was burnt down

This is a special investigative project by Cable Newspaper Journalism Foundation (CNJF) in partnership with TheCable, supported by the MacArthur Foundation. Published materials are not views of the MacArthur Foundation

https://www.thecable.ng/thecable-documentary-the-bloody-communal-clash-that-has-displaced-thousands-in-ebonyi
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Seniorwriter(m): 9:39am On Jun 18, 2021
SATANICALLY:
Also Read:

Residents affected by the crisis seek refuge in a primary schoolPregnant Jacinta as at the time of the interview — she put to bed two weeks afterA man walks past a burnt shopThe signboard of a church remains standing while the building was burnt down

Deep Quote
Citizens suffer when there is a bad or incompetent leadership in power.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Ezza/Effium, in fact the entire Abakaliki block are too violent! Communal clashes every week.
It been three weeks of communal clash between Ikwo and Izzi, but no body is reporting this; life and properties worth millions of naira have been lost in this crisis.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Harrynight(m): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
cry

Every State with their WAHALA

1 Like

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by makeitijn: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Wow

1 Like

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2021
Hmmm. This has been going on for long yet the news coming out from Ebonyi blames only herdsmen for the deaths. FG should please wade in to help the Ebonyi state government resolve this issue. The hatred and bigotry they are showing against PMB and northerners today has always been in those haters, they just made a scapegoat of PMB,he is not responsible for the hatred and bigotry. Some people were born and raised to hate whoever is not from their tribe . So much important issues related to governance being covered by herdsmen and farmers fights. Ebonyi and Benue States are most guilty of this .visit www.freestuffsng.com to find free stuff. God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by money121(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2021
Ok
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by dmbb: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2021
They are doing all these to punish the North grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by chatbot1234isba: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2021
this is really sad and we can't continue like this.
Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2021
I can't believe all these are happening in that peaceful region. And they keep crying over the IDPs in Benin Rep. One even mentioned that SW is becoming Somalia,,,, at least we are not bent on killing & destroying ourselves by ourselves.

Don't mind me, I'm not really here to mock the pitiful victims of the evil happenings. It's just that I get boiled when your pikins come online to mock YORÙBÁ.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bloody Ebonyi Communal Clash That Has Displaced Thousands - TheCable by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 18, 2021
angry.. Let's all come and Join our thinking to specifically BLAME BUHARI for this disaster ! grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Set Ablaze Palace Of Irigwe Paramount Ruler, Rev. Runku Aka In Plateau / Ministerial Appointment: Disquiet In Rivers APC Over Wike, Tinubu Romance / Emefiele: Court Orders Unconditional Release Of ex-CBN Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.