Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari (11565 Views)

12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 / Governorship Elections Under President Buhari So Far / Federal Government Interventions In Plateau State Following Recent Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by presidency: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2021
Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari approved and funded the construction of 10,000 resettlement homes for IDPs and refugees. First phase of the housing project was commissioned with 4,000 completed homes in June 2021.

Federal government through NNPC announced the establishment of a gas power plant to address electricity problems in Maiduguri and environs in April 2021. The power plant is expected to be ready in four months.

President Muhammadu Buhari approved the establishment of a Federal Polytechnic in Monguno, Borno state in Jan. 2021 after 45 years of the creation of the state (1976)

President Muhammadu Buhari directed the constant release of food intervention by the Nigeria Customs Service and the North East Development Commission to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

Construction and expansion of the Kano – Maiduguri road project. The project was at 75% completion as at Jan. 2021 and expected to be completed by June 2021.

Construction of Portharcourt - Maiduguri Rail line; project expected to kick start in June 2021.

President Buhari approved the construction of Nigerian Army Reference Hospital in Maidiuguri. The then Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai performed the groundbreaking in June 2020.

FEC in April 2018 approved the establishment of the Nigerian Army University, Biu, Borno state with a take-off grant of N2 billion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by wizzyvibes: 3:38am On Jun 19, 2021
FTC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by iamyemiakins(m): 3:38am On Jun 19, 2021
Stale NEWS
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by CasNova: 3:38am On Jun 19, 2021
I pray God will restore Borno state and Nigeria at large to their past glory.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Nigeriadondie: 3:40am On Jun 19, 2021
undecided The laudable achievements of the Borno state governor is a testament to the fact that Nigerians should hold state governors more accountable than the FG.

No doubt, Buhari has failed miserably, but state governors are the ones responsible for the state of the nation. They receive huge monthly allocations yet many have not implemented minimum wage and some even owing the old wage, owe pensioners, they fail to execute projects especially road networks, governors acts as emperors who determine the fate of local government and even deny this important tier of government the much needed funds for grassroot development.

They have large appointees like special assistants, senior special assistants useless ministries that perform duplicative functions, they borrow recklessly leaving the state in debts, loot state treasury when they serve their last tenure.

Nigerians make no mistake Buhari or the Federal government has failed. But we should not overlook the failure of state governors. They are responsible for the problems we face in the country.

It is for this reason I support parliamentary system of government not this current structure we run. It is for this reason I say that another enemy of the nation and its people are the lawmakers who should give us a constitution that determines the framework in which government runs.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Oluwaseyi456(m): 3:41am On Jun 19, 2021
@Lori Iro. Com
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by mrtender: 3:42am On Jun 19, 2021
Get your Web & Graphics design needs satisfied.

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Geeman2006: 3:42am On Jun 19, 2021
If it's federal Infrastructure/ capital projects and interventions, I personally feel Buhari has tried even though he is sinking the country in debt but when it comes to Security and the economy, that is a story for another day.
The Next president has alot of work to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 19, 2021
Bullshit! Amadioha Punish Buhari the incompetent dumb man in Aso Rock.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by ChiefSosa(m): 3:47am On Jun 19, 2021
Ladies and Gentlemen; I'm back from prison!

12 Likes

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Badgers14: 3:49am On Jun 19, 2021
I guess we should move to Borno then ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by slimjosh231(m): 3:51am On Jun 19, 2021
Okay, we’ve heard.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by ohosi4real(m): 3:58am On Jun 19, 2021
Buhari try for this let us just give he 3 ⭐⭐⭐ for the work but that does not mean Buhari is not an evil and hatred to southern.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by jogsman01(m): 4:01am On Jun 19, 2021
Okay ooo... Borno indigene thanks our darling daddy.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Samade7: 4:08am On Jun 19, 2021
Bull-hari.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 4:31am On Jun 19, 2021
Nigeriadondie:
undecided The laudable achievements of the Borno state governor is a testament to the fact that Nigerians should hold state governors more accountable than the FG.

No doubt, Buhari has failed miserably, but state governors are the ones responsible for the state of the nation. They receive huge monthly allocations yet many have not implemented minimum wage and some even owing the old wage, owe pensioners, they fail to execute projects especially road networks, governors acts as emperors who determine the fate of local government and even deny this important tier of government the much needed funds for grassroot development.

They have large appointees like special assistants, senior special assistants useless ministries that perform duplicative functions, they borrow recklessly leaving the state in debts, loot state treasury when they serve their last tenure.

Nigerians make no mistake Buhari or the Federal government has failed. But we should not overlook the failure of state governors. They are responsible for the problems we face in the country.

It is for this reason I support parliamentary system of government not this current structure we run. It is for this reason I say that another enemy of the nation and its people are the lawmakers who should give us a constitution that determines the framework in which government runs.
My brother you are correct. If not for political divide we in Rivers State would have recalled our recent former governors to ask them some questions considering what Wike is doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by mzBEAM(f): 4:39am On Jun 19, 2021
Useless presidency.

Thunderstorms strike y'all for weaponizing poverty. Awon eniya. You're not going to be there forever.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:05am On Jun 19, 2021
chrisxxx:

My brother you are correct. If not for political divide we in Rivers State would have recalled our recent former governors to ask them some questions considering what Wike is doing.

Considering that Amaechi performed many times better than Wike, you should be asking Wike all the questions.

In case you return with another post to dispute what II just said, make sure you have detailed facts of Wike's achievements to compare with Amaechi's achievements, I'll supply a detailed list and pictures of Amaechie's achievements.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:17am On Jun 19, 2021
There's a region here in Nigeria where the people mostly boast today that they are the richest, the most industrious, the smartest and they developed and own everything in Nigeria, but when we look at the same region, it's actually the other way around, that region is one of the poorest, the governors are useless, it's the only region in Nigeria where their governors don't build or commission any projects and when they do, it's always mediocre and substandard rubbish or borehole.

When was the last time anything was posted on NL about any governor from that region commissioning this and that? Hardly.

Here we have Borno state in the NE with all the war and insurgency performing better than the empty and shallow chest-beating region with nothing meaningful to show since 1999, their governors just collect and pocket allocations and IGR. The IGR in Borno even grew by a whooping 41.63% regardless of BH or war.

Just too sad.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:37am On Jun 19, 2021
Is it not better to curb the issue than spending huge funds building idp camps upandan
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 5:42am On Jun 19, 2021
NGpatriot:

Considering that Amaechi performed many times better than Wike, you should be asking Wike all the questions.

In case you return with another post to dispute what II just said, make sure you have detailed facts of Wike's achievements to compare with Amaechi's achievements, I'll supply a detailed list and pictures of Amaechie's achievements.

I wish you had engineering background I would have referred you to what efficiency is. Mind you Amaechi is not the only recent governor.
So why take it personally?
I am in no war of words with you.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Gbengbelu: 5:48am On Jun 19, 2021
Reach out
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by NGpatriot: 5:48am On Jun 19, 2021
chrisxxx:

I wish you had engineering background I would have referred you to what efficiency is. Mind you Amaechi is the only recent governor.

What's engineering got to do with anything?

Btw, what was the meaning of recent former governors? Was Amaechi not a former governor?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 6:09am On Jun 19, 2021
NGpatriot:

Btw, what was the meaning of recent former governors? Was Amaechi not a former governor?
Why were you particular about Amaechi ? What about Omehia and Odili?
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 6:10am On Jun 19, 2021
NGpatriot:

Efficiency means the ratio of input to your output.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by RZArecta(m): 6:12am On Jun 19, 2021
President of the North
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by 400billionman: 6:14am On Jun 19, 2021
Build and Bomb.
Re: Federal Government Interventions In Borno State Under President Buhari by Wahalaperson: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2021
Haha, that moniker that quoted you said, “post wike’s achievements as a governor and I will post amaechis own” what has it got to do with engineering background? The truth is we Nigerians are not ready to tell ourselves the truth yet, given the resources at wikes disposal he is one of the worse and most underperforming governors in Nigeria but party politics and political affiliations no go let una talk the truth. Please I have a little engineering background, tell me wikes achievements maybe I will understand.
chrisxxx:

I wish you had engineering background I would have referred you to what efficiency is. Mind you Amaechi is the only recent governor.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNGA: Buhari Tells World Leaders Nigeria Will Crush Boko Haram Terrorists / I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki / Samsung Opens New Academy In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.