Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) (23908 Views)

N-power Batch C: How To Fix 4/5 Fingers Biometric Capture / Five Reasons Never To Include References On Your CV / To Apply For Federal Government Recruitment 2018, Checkout No. 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by micflo28(m): 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Our banks and governments cut-throat policies are the reason we don’t have more of entrepreneurs. To get a loan from a bank to do a business they will ask you to dig up your ancestors and bring as collateral and interest rate is crazy. It should be easy to access loans for virtually anything from education to creating a business or funding a project with a flexible repayment schedule, transparent deduction plan and very low interest rate. If we do this, we will be having lots of business tycoons and white collar job searches will be de-emphasized.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:
10 countries with the highest rates of unemployment:

Burkina Faso (77.00%)
Syria (50.00%)
Senegal (48.00%)
Haiti (40.60%)
Djibouti (40.00%)
Kenya (40.00%)
Republic Of The Congo (36.00%)
Marshall Islands (36.00%)
Namibia (34.00%)
Kiribati (30.60%)
By Country 2021

Nigeria is actually abetter country to citizens of those countries above

is your reality better in real life than on paper? check your immediate family. how many of your siblings are gainfully employed in the private or public sector?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by meobizy(f): 6:07pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hmm. When I newly registered here I could pen more detailed articles than this thread. Anyway, everyone had a starting point so more grease to your elbows, OP.

The biggest reason why many Nigerians are unemployed is a lack of jobs. Our country-people birth bastards in the millions and each one needs a spot to fill in the labour force. Of course that is not possible because the available jobs are not enough to meet our ever-growing population coupled with our high appetite for constant sex. It is a cycle which will not change in the next hundred years. Our only hope is traveling out for opportunities or foreigners coming here to build projects thereby hiring indigenes for labour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Legend44(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Op u did not talk about ghost workers on paylist.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by SocialJustice: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ogamysamo:
the reason for high rate of unemployment in nigeria today is just....

1. GREEDINESS

lack of contemptment is one of the major reason why employment is rarely available in nigeria today. imagine an employee earning #30,000 monthly still fighting for a government work of 15k just because he can do both at a time without a stress,

2. GODFATHERLISM
many qualified youth are denied employment either because someone they know is not there or because nobody their knows him.

3. STINGINESS

in some cases, 1,900 people will be employ for a work that deserve 2,000 employees and save the salary of the 100people for other circumstances they are not even sure of.

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

one of the major reasons is because even the self employed will said that they are still unemploy

5. BY FORCE LUXURIOUS LIFE
some others will fight for jobs they are not qualify for because it pays better
The backbone of employment in every country are SMEs. They barely exist in Nigeria. N30k job is not employment, that's under employment.

There are over 50 million jobless people in Nigeria, government has failed in creating an enabling environment for SMEs to thrive. Even the little ones existing are dying.

Lack of SMEs are the reason for no jobs not your list up there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by samwillyco1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2021
You forgot to add lack of foresight and accurate data of the Citizenry by the greedy, selfish and corrupt Government since amalgamation of the country

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by AK481(m): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
See how this failed ponmo boy never blamed the government for creating enabling environment.

Thank God some of us can see through oloribus

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by calcal: 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
Amojii:
Is a sorry situation,

And i pity the up coming ones,

Sex for ADMITION
Sex for JOB
Sex for POSITION
Sex for PROMOTION
Sex for to keep the PROMOTION against ur rivals
Sex, sex, sex

Before you retire your kpentus done won out because of job in UAR.

Many women are involved in the about by 48 they eventually lost the job because the kpentus is old and back to square one
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by samwillyco1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2021
allthingsgood:
nigerian youth are unemployable

English RIP
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by litaninja(m): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
Just come online and type nonsense sha...
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by annisy(f): 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
The reasons for high unemployment rate in Nigeria is the failed system we operate... For every commodity you import from other nations you indirectly create job opportunities dia.....just take a min and imagine that all what we import as a nation is produced here!!! Take it or leave it all rice farmers in Nigeria are smiling to the bank under buhari govt compared to previous govt,despite the fact that the policy wasn't implemented to the letter...
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Catechizm: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2021
Without reading through, just a browse at the first reason makes me realise OP is a certified Fulani cheesy

It is either he is a Fulani or a primary school kid with internet access cheesy
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Ndipe(m): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2021
What mineral resources do those countries that you listed below have compared to Nigeria with its massive oil revenues that are pocketed into the bank account of a select cabal of corrupt people at the detriment of the masses? Please dont celebrate mediocrity by stating that Nigeria is a better country in terms of employment compared to the ones that you listed. There is no justification whatsoever for the high unemployment rate and hardship in the country.

BigDawsNet:

Burkina Faso (77.00%)
Syria (50.00%)
Senegal (48.00%)
Haiti (40.60%)
Djibouti (40.00%)
Kenya (40.00%)
Namibia (34.00%)
Kiribati (30.60%)
By Country 2021

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Catechizm: 6:37pm On Jun 19, 2021
emrain:
Olodo op. Most Nigerian youths are simply unemployable.

In saner climes, employees are employed to help take the company to the next level. In Nigeria, most youths think they deserve to get a job because they graduated with a 2.1 from a useless federal university. With this mindset, getting a job is usually the goal, not delivering value.

Smart innovative Nigerians get jobs quickly after schooling without the help of anyone, while the rests are busy shouting “i don't want a marketing job” up and down.

You were making sense before the emboldened.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by CyberHustle: 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2021
Employment opportunities will always abound as long as humans are in need of things. Let the govt and system allow creative minds flourish by suppressing harsh business climate.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by tunary(m): 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
Amojii:
Is a sorry situation,

And i pity the up coming ones,

Sex for ADMITION
Sex for JOB
Sex for POSITION
Sex for PROMOTION
Sex for to keep the PROMOTION against ur rivals
Sex, sex, sex

Only ladies without good sense of reasoning engage in things like this or the ones that are prostitute already

Before you retire your kpentus done won out because of job in UAR.

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by landforeast(m): 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2021
emrain:
Olodo op. Most Nigerian youths are simply unemployable.

In saner climes, employees are employed to help take the company to the next level. In Nigeria, most youths think they deserve to get a job because they graduated with a 2.1 from a useless federal university. With this mindset, getting a job is usually the goal, not delivering value.

Smart innovative Nigerians get jobs quickly after schooling without the help of anyone, while the rests are busy shouting “i don't want a marketing job” up and down.
God bless You 100 times if you are in Anambra I would have invited you to enjoy some plates of Nkwobi and chilled drink tommorow. Most Nigeria Youth have this mindset of I must get job because I am a graduate. They practically have to value to contribute and most atimes not even interested in the company they are working for and hardly learn. Days are gone when paper qualification is all you needed to succeed. This is 21st century a lot have changed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by hosemujica: 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
allthingsgood:
You don finish talk. Close thread all man go rest.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by bilulu(m): 7:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Burkina Faso (77.00%)
Syria (50.00%)
Senegal (48.00%)
Haiti (40.60%)
Djibouti (40.00%)
Kenya (40.00%)
Namibia (34.00%)
Kiribati (30.60%)
By Country 2021

na crime to compare your country with the likes of China or other better countries? imagine comparing ursef with destitute, why not compare yourself with the likes of wizkids and other people living good life. this low mentality sha

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by brownbib(m): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2021
Succinctly written.
5 �
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2021
meobizy:
Hmm. When I newly registered here I could pen more detailed articles than this thread. Anyway, everyone had a starting point so more grease to your elbows, OP.

The biggest reason why many Nigerians are unemployed is a lack of jobs. Our country-people birth bastards in the millions and each one needs a spot to fill in the labour force. Of course that is not possible because the available jobs are not enough to meet our ever-growing population coupled with our high appetite for constant sex. It is a cycle which will not change in the next hundred years. Our only hope is traveling out for opportunities or foreigners coming here to build projects thereby hiring indigenes for labour.
Between us men and women be honest who like sex pass hmmm
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by teelaw4life(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2021
Who's the mof who movec this to front page again?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
bilulu:

na crime to compare your country with the likes of China or other better countries? imagine comparing ursef with destitute, why not compare yourself with the likes of wizkids and other people living good life. this low mentality sha

Bro you better tell urself the truth and stop whining yourself and your country

Is Nigeria china mate or any first/second world countries mate?...

You need to travel and see things and also see how they turn Nigeria back at the POE

Believing they are potential criminals
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by tplayer: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2021
They can't think, look for free money by involving themselves in Ponzis and idiotic grants that promise millions by just submitting account details. gringrin
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ndipe:
What mineral resources do those countries that you listed below have compared to Nigeria with its massive oil revenues that are pocketed into the bank account of a select cabal of corrupt people at the detriment of the masses? Please dont celebrate mediocrity by stating that Nigeria is a better country in terms of employment compared to the ones that you listed. There is no justification whatsoever for the high unemployment rate and hardship in the country.

Bro I'm not trying to cover my native country ass... nothing siding either...just trying to say Nigeria is not alone in that mess...
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by ngng: 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2021
SocialJustice:
The backbone of employment in every country are SMEs. They barely exist in Nigeria. N30k job is not employment, that's under employment.

There are over 50 million jobless people in Nigeria, government has failed in creating an enabling environment for SMEs to thrive. Even the little ones existing are dying.

Lack of SMEs are the reason for no jobs not your list up there.
In this country, the way employees collaborate to kill the existing SMEs is alarming. Many won't venture into running a biz because getting a trusted employee is difficult in naija. Even the existing ones who are suposed to work together are forming competitors. We need to change our orientation, walai!
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by armadeo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
Ogamysamo:
the reason for high rate of unemployment in nigeria today is just....

1. GREEDINESS

lack of contemptment is one of the major reason why employment is rarely available in nigeria today. imagine an employee earning #30,000 monthly still fighting for a government work of 15k just because he can do both at a time without a stress,

2. GODFATHERLISM
many qualified youth are denied employment either because someone they know is not there or because nobody their knows him.

3. STINGINESS

in some cases, 1,900 people will be employ for a work that deserve 2,000 employees and save the salary of the 100people for other circumstances they are not even sure of.

4. LACK OF CONTEMPTMENT

one of the major reasons is because even the self employed will said that they are still unemploy

5. BY FORCE LUXURIOUS LIFE
some others will fight for jobs they are not qualify for because it pays better

completely senseless write up.

Utter crap.

And a mod moved this garbage to front page. Ts pathetic.
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2021
djsjxjfjdisjdjb:

is your reality better in real life than on paper? check your immediate family. how many of your siblings are gainfully employed in the private or public sector?

I'm not siding Nigeria gov and I will never in my life do that...

By the way I only have one sibling left in naija and hiz got a good job

I left because I couldn't get any one that suit my worth
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by imagrg(m): 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
Most are but are unemployed because of bad governance.
allthingsgood:
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by BigDawsNet: 7:27pm On Jun 19, 2021
gbagyiza:

We are in trouble, so we r better than those country.

That's just stat...

Nigeria is worst
Some other countries re terrible
Re: Five Reasons Why Employment In Nigeria Is Too Rare(No 4&5 Is For The Youth) by Bifwoli: 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Burkina Faso (77.00%)
Syria (50.00%)
Senegal (48.00%)
Haiti (40.60%)
Djibouti (40.00%)
Kenya (40.00%)
Namibia (34.00%)
Kiribati (30.60%)
By Country 2021

Give a reliable /credible source of your stats please? You can't give fake stats and everybody takes it at face value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apply For MTN Nigeria Graduate Customer Service Accelerated Internship Programme / I Hate My Course So Much Now!!! / Nigeria Airforce Form Out,get It Now At:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.