Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren (23998 Views)

Obaseki Orders Full Investigation Into Rape, Murder Of UNIBEN Student / Dino Melaye Slams Efcc Over Investigation Of Wealth / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by milann: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2021
Nigeria’s secret police, the SSS, appears to have
taken over investigation into the case of the Akwa
Ibom woman who was raped and killed in April by a
20-year-old man, Uduak Akpan, who had lured her
with a fake job offer.

The victim, Iniubong Umoren, 26, was buried in a
shallow grave inside the suspect’s family house
where she was brutally killed
, in the outskirts of
Uyo, the Akwa Ibom capital.

The crime attracted nationwide outrage. Nigerians
have been putting pressure on the police to bring her
killers to justice.

A former attorney general of Akwa Ibom State,
Uwemedimo Nwoko, told PREMIUM TIMES last week
that the SSS has taken over the investigation from
the police.

Mr Nwoko, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, is holding
brief in the case for a socio-cultural group, Ati
Annang, which promotes and protects the interest of
the Annang, one of the ethnic nationalities in Akwa
Ibom.

The late Miss Umoren was an Annang woman. She
was an orphan.

She had just graduated from the Department of
Philosophy, University of Uyo, and was hoping she
could get a temporary job, make some decent money
for herself ahead of the mandatory National Youth
Service Corps.

And then her dream was suddenly cut short in the
most brutal manner.

“Our steps so far have actually led to the matter
being further investigated because we (Ati Annang)
were not satisfied with the level of investigations
that the police carried out, hence we demanded that
the matter should be further investigated with all
loose ends tight.

“The transfer of the suspect to the DSS is not a
secretive thing, it is a public matter. They have taken
custody of the suspect,” Mr Nwoko said.

What Mr Nwoko said about the SSS taking over the
investigation was corroborated by an official of the
Nigeria Correction Service in Uyo who informed
PREMIUM TIMES, Friday, that the SSS about a week
ago had taken the suspect, Mr Akpan, out from the
Ikot Ekpene Correction Centre, along with two other
suspects in the case.

The SSS, apparently conducting their own
investigation into Miss Umoren’s killing, took the
three suspects away for some days, the correctional
officer said on Friday.

“They (the SSS) have just brought them (the
suspects) back (to the correction centre) this
evening,” he added.

Apart from Mr Akpan who has confessed to the rape
and killing of Miss Umoren, another suspect in the
case is his father. The other suspect is Emem
Emmanuel who is believed to have been part of the
plot to lure the victim with the fake job offer.

Police reaction

The police spokesperson in Akwa Ibom, Odiko
MacDon told this newspaper that the suspects were
remanded in the correction centre, but he, however,
denied that the case has been taken over by the SSS.

The spokesperson for the SSS in Abuja, Peter
Afunanya, did not respond to calls and a text
message seeking comment from him.

A lawyer in Uyo who did not want his name
mentioned in the report said the SSS can wade into a
case that is being investigated by the police if such a
case is believed to have the potential to affect “state
security”.

If a suspect in a criminal investigation is taken into
custody by the SSS, the SSS would eventually have to
return them to the police, the lawyer said.

Mr Nwoko, the lawyer who is
holding brief for Ati Annang, told
PREMIUM TIMES that it is the
office of the attorney general of Akwa Ibom State
that would prosecute the case, and not the police.

“It is not a matter that the police can prosecute, that
is why the case file was transferred to the
Department of Public Prosecution (DPP). It is the
attorney general’s office that is handling the case.

“Both the investigative reports of the police and that
of the DSS will be put together in the same file and
forwarded to the DPP for prosecution.

“None of the agencies can handle it. It is a murder
case, it is the office of the attorney general that is
handling the matter directly,” Mr Nwoko said.

The lawyer vowed that Ati Annang would ensure
justice for late Miss Iniubong.

“I give you assurance that on our part, the Ati
Annang Foundation which I represent is not going to
leave any stone unturned in ensuring that justice is
obtained for late Miss Umoren and indeed the
society.

“Miss Umoren is only one victim, the society is the
biggest loser when we have characters like this
parading the state,” he said.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/468729-sss-takes-over-investigation-into-rape-killing-of-akwa-ibom-job-seeker-officials.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2021
This is good
The SSS can be bought I don't dispute that but if they want the truth they will confess. Shebi he came for parade looking fresh still wearing Mudder gang t-shirt.
If them touch am small ,squeeze him blokos small,the left side, the meat wey he thief inside pot when he dey primary one he go talk the day, hour and minute wey he thief am.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2021
The death of this girl is still paining me, I don't know why we Nigerians are just wicked against each others, we keep blaming the government Everytime, but we won't blame ourselves first, this is so pathetic!
nobody is damn safe, you can't go out in peace and come back home. it's either you get killed or kidnapped. just take a look at how Nigeria failed this girl, after studying in school and graduated, just for her to look for a job she was mercilessly killed.

may her soul continue to rest in peace and the bastard(s) that is responsible for this die and rot in hell

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by NwaAmaikpe: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2021
shocked

And I was thinking I was a psycho.
Imagine the length people go just for skin-to-skin.
So Hiny Umoren just died like that because she did not want skin-to-skin with Uduak Akpan?

I'm a skin-to-skin veteran but I'd never even consider hurting someone because she wants me to use a rubber. When I can jejely get up and masturrbate.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by yamunla(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2021
it is well shocked

2 Likes

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by yinkus6750(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2021
The accused has openly confessed to the murder.
So many versions of ritual killing.
Other graves within the compound?
What investigation again?
They should fast track his trial and give what Jr deserves.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by GOFRONT(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2021
Chaii......Wasted kpekus
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by iamyemiakins(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
I just hope this isn't a plot to divert the case into oblivion. All the evidence gotten so far is enough to work on, the evidence even revealed some past atrocities of the suspect.

I'm suspecting this SSS take over.

8 Likes

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
I really hope each of the wicked involved would have a taste of death. May God continue to console her family.

To Sapphiere, you shouldn't have deactivated nah. I didn't mean to have you bundled & your feministic ass displayed on NL o. I was just kidding. Though I know you more than you could imagine, but then we would really miss your madness if you leave NL. Good luck on your exams!

1 Like

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by socialmediaman: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2021
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by UltimateStarman: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
please guys....how great is SSS
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Karlovych: 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed They need to prosecute that boy soon before magical things will happen and he is set free
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by medropoly(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2021
Only God can save the King

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Kimjongun: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Is that guy 20 years old for real?

1 Like

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by IgboWarlord(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hian!! This one SSS is taking over the case when there is already a mountain of evidence enough to guillotine that smug bas.tard..I smell padi padi things.

12 Likes

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by wiseone28: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2021
Good news

Though i don't trust una

1 Like

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by BodePolScience: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:
This is good
The SSS can be bought I don't dispute that but if they want the truth they will confess. Shebi he came for parade looking fresh still wearing Mudder gang t-shirt.
If them touch am small ,squeeze him blokos small,the left side, the meat wey he thief inside pot when he dey primary one he go talk the day, hour and minute wey he thief am.
hilarious!

Sincerely, if we can go back to the barbaric ways of punishing offenders, it will go a long way in stemming down all these ugly tides of banditry, gruesome killings... I read about how Benito Mussolini died, the Italians were really angry at his quick and sudden death. They wished he could be tortured and feel intense pain for a number of days before giving up the ghost

Open a Standard Chartered Account today. You've a lot to gain. Pls!

2 Likes

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by MARKone(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

And I was thinking I was a psycho.
Imagine the length people go just for skin-to-skin.
So that girl just died like that because she did not want skin-to-skin?

I'm a skin-to-skin veteran but I'd never even consider hurting someone because she wants me to use a rubber. When you can jejely get up and masturrbate.

That thing wey dey do you done start again, or you must be dumb and far from reports, to believe that he killed her because she refused "skin-to-skin". Guy everything no be joke.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by tonididdy(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
About time
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Quelme: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Story story, stoooorrry! Na today yansh dey back.

1 Like

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Femmyfestus: 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
Its would have been more better if the Police Force continues with the investigation cos we have the bad eggs and good one among them that will end up standing for the truth unlike DSS that are spys & mercenaries for politicians. They are strictly guided by orders from above. It will be easier for this case to die without no tangible findings cos the affected politicians will buy it all up from above.
No kululu no kalala.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by baralatie(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2021
yinkus6750:
The accused has openly confessed to the murder.
So many versions of ritual killing.
Other graves within the compound?
What investigation again?
They should fast track his trial and give what Jr deserves.
I don't think the graves have been unravelled
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by SILVERLINES: 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
wink

Still on that reverse psychology mata
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by kestolove95(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
am not happy right now
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by DropsMic(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria where SSS dey investigate rape murder case

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Vickym1(f): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
sad

Will anything good come of the investigation? Something they'll sweep under the carpet.

What is there to investigate again? He has confessed to crime already.
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by chukwuibuipob: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
sad May her Spirit chase/flog all the baztardz behind her untimely death

3 Likes

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by Patrioticman007(m): 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Na dem
Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by StylesX: 12:52pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why is he still alive, the evidence is enough to prosecute him naw, what more are they investigating? This is how they'll sweep it under the carpet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Takes Over Investigation Into Rape, Killing Of Iniubong Umoren by DissTroyer: 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2021
iamyemiakins:
I just hope this isn't a plot to divert the case into oblivion. All the evidence gotten so far is enough to work on, the evidence even revealed some past atrocities of the suspect.

I'm suspecting this SSS take over.
If you really know those involved, you'd know that girl would never get justice.

Immediately connections were made to the serving federal cabinet member, everyone who really knows his connections within and without the state polity began to give up. If it's him, too many people in the corridors of power would have to go down with him.

Enough to tumble a whole region. The murderer is the sacrificial lamb. Even his father had to sacrifice him by denying him and asking the law to do as it pleases with him. Iniobong Umoren wouldn't get justice.

Argue, postulate, play to the gallery... But the truth is what I have stated.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Kuchazi & Adamu Usman, P&ID Representatives Arraigned By EFCC / We Will Impeach Saraki – Ahmed Lawan / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.