Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers (33729 Views)

Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / Inside Ogun Communities Where Fulani, Yoruba Live As One / Yoruba Farmers Endorse Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by angelfallz(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
If you don't mind could you explain the bolded further? I am trying to put myself in your shoes. You read an article and you decided to move to Iseyin just like that?
Did you think of where you were going to stay?
Did you think of how you would buy a cow, or who would buy a cow from?

Asin what was going through your mind when you decided to go to Iseyin and start a diary farm?

spinna:
smiley The wise with funds to invest should see this as an opportunity.the others would start political arguments this article is real.

FC WAMCO a private multinational..single handedly revived the nigerian dairy industry with this milk collection programme they invested billions of naira..

we cannot in the south sit on our keyboards and demonise innocent cattle with unscrupulous owners when we ourselves are not making moves to enter into the cattle business

this was my my view three years ago when i saw a similar article about wamco in iseyin.. so i took the plunge and moved to iseyin to start a cattle and dairy farm

so i have witnessed this system.. i have learnt about cows.. milked my own cow (yes by myself) and i have received cash for my milk via transfer from fc wamco.. i have seen the hygienic mill collection room where farmers , both fulani and non fulani..bring in their milk

southerners need to start building ranches and cashing out on this milk and beef money. we can learn like i did.. i have learnt so much from my move to iseyin..

i was introduced to improved pastures by the company.. now i provide seeds and suckers of improved pasture grass to other cattle farmers.. check my posts if you are interested

also my five acre purpose built dairy farm facility in iseyin is up for sale.. it has borehole farm staff house and cow house/ milking area. never used before..it is going for 7million naira.. call 0706 346 3851 if you are a serious buyer..reason for sale is i am expanding to oyo town on my own family land ..

i never used the farm because God blessed me with another 6 acres in front of my rented apartment so i moved my cows there and took care of them myself..no fulani involved.. i have been sucking up cow knowledge everyday like a sponge. i would advise anyone with good capital and love of farming to invest in this.. cheers all

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by neyyoh: 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
spinna:
smiley The wise with funds to invest should see this as an opportunity.the others would start political arguments this article is real.

FC WAMCO a private multinational..single handedly revived the nigerian dairy industry with this milk collection programme they invested billions of naira..

we cannot in the south sit on our keyboards and demonise innocent cattle with unscrupulous owners when we ourselves are not making moves to enter into the cattle business

this was my my view three years ago when i saw a similar article about wamco in iseyin.. so i took the plunge and moved to iseyin to start a cattle and dairy farm

so i have witnessed this system.. i have learnt about cows.. milked my own cow (yes by myself) and i have received cash for my milk via transfer from fc wamco.. i have seen the hygienic mill collection room where farmers , both fulani and non fulani..bring in their milk

southerners need to start building ranches and cashing out on this milk and beef money. we can learn like i did.. i have learnt so much from my move to iseyin..

i was introduced to improved pastures by the company.. now i provide seeds and suckers of improved pasture grass to other cattle farmers.. check my posts if you are interested

also my five acre purpose built dairy farm facility in iseyin is up for sale.. it has borehole farm staff house and cow house/ milking area. never used before..it is going for 7million naira.. call 0706 346 3851 if you are a serious buyer..reason for sale is i am expanding to oyo town on my own family land ..

i never used the farm because God blessed me with another 6 acres in front of my rented apartment so i moved my cows there and took care of them myself..no fulani involved.. i have been sucking up cow knowledge everyday like a sponge. i would advise anyone with good capital and love of farming to invest in this.. cheers all

Could you please open up a thread to educate?
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by AfonjaConehead: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kagd10:

Ode, it was actually the Yorubas in Ilorin who fought Afonja. Osu coward!

The yorubas fought afonja and then installed a Fulani emir as their oba that they dobale flat on the ground for till today, very perfect people baaaaahahahahahahhaahaaaaa!!!!!!

I wonder who's the real ode here grin grin grin grin

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

bros spinna

I go like tap small know how skills o.

lols.. no p bro..
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by unmask: 7:18pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:
You can spam and shill the internet with kumbaya bullshit stories.......but not one inch of Oyo land will go to any fulani herdsmen. Buy land and conduct business like normal human beings and stop fvckin expecting special treatment from the government.
I hope you read the article
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 7:27pm On Jun 20, 2021
angelfallz:
Because of this your comment, but especially the bolded, God bless you abundantly.

Amen.. God bless you too and bless our lands
angelfallz:
If you don't mind could you explain the bolded further? I am trying to put myself in your shoes. You read an article and you decided to move to Iseyin just like that?
Did you think of where you were going to stay?
Did you think of how you would buy a cow, or who would buy a cow from?

Asin what was going through your mind when you decided to go to Iseyin and start a diary farm?

i made the decision to move and use my rented flat and start with 2 cows.. so i made sure i rented a flat with a big yard .. My decision to move opened up new funds and more land than i could even use.. it was a leap of faith i guess.. what i had on hand when i left lagos is a small fraction of what is on ground now
octavian:

Bros na Iseyin or Oyo Alaafin you be?

lol.. na afrika man i be
kunleham:

I'm interested, my concern is how get reliable persons to manage the farm because I'm on a paid employment far away from Iseyin even though I'm from the town.

ok sir.. you can call or whatsapp.. its a beautiful profession
kweensheba:
This is ideal.

How I wish the whole of Nigeria will have peace and harmony.

thanks my kween.. amen

1 Like

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Gjmff: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Really
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by angelfallz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
A big leap of faith. Well done. I guess its something we can all learn, many of us myself included, need to take that leap of faith. We have all we need but we keep giving ourselves excuses.

spinna:

i made the decision to move and use my rented flat and start with 2 cows.. so i made sure i rented a flat with a big yard .. My decision to move opened up new funds and more land than i could even use.. it was a leap of faith i guess.. what i had on hand when i left lagos is a small fraction of what is on ground now

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by NewBeijing(f): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2021
There is no union between
Light and darkness
N
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
angelfallz:
A big leap of faith. Well done. I guess its something we can all learn, many of us myself included, need to take that leap of faith. We have all we need but we keep giving ourselves excuses.

i reasoned that if white men in texas can raise thousands of cattle with dignity..why cant i learn..i learnt how to move cattle from youtube

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by DADDY2or3FISHES: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
You can't sleep with fire on your roof. An enemy will always be am enemy
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by suratwo62: 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
NaijirianKing:

Fulani are for Nigeria and Nigeria is for the Fulani.

Nigeria is for the Fulani abi ?
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by angelfallz(m): 8:26pm On Jun 20, 2021
Wow.

spinna:

i reasoned that if white men in texas can raise thousands of cattle with dignity..why cant i learn..i learnt how to move cattle from youtube
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by VEHINTOLAR: 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yoruba people don't have any issue or problem with anybody as long as you don't disturb our peace or trying to be smart by half.
Meanwhile,open grazing remains banned and we have no land for any RUGA or NLTS and nobody can take over the control of our water ways and resources. It won't happen,lae lae !

Anybody that is ready to behave like a normal human being with high regard for human lives and sanctity of it,respect for host communities' traditions,norms and values, and know their limits in our land, is welcome to Oodua land.
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
angelfallz:
Southerners should engage more in agriculture. Ever since this farmers/herders crises became a national issue, I've not yet heard (I stand to be corrected) any southerner taking the initiative to invest in pastoral farming by buying or leasing land for ranching.
It's one thing to say land should not be given to the Fulani (which I agree with) but if the southerners are not ready to invest in agriculture, there wouldn't be any choice, but to give land to the Fulani.

Southerners should invest by BUYING OR LEASING LAND... and at the end of your write up, you said, "there wouldn't be any choice, but to GIVE LAND to the Fulani"

Am I missing something here, Sir... Can't they buy or lease the land also? I really hope it's BUY/LEASE that you meant when you wrote that GIVE
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by jamie4u22: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2021
Pls I will like to know more about this business.09013509663 whatsapp
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by jaxxy(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
WesternOligarch:
You can spam and shill the internet with kumbaya bullshit stories.......but not one inch of Oyo land will go to any fulani herdsmen. Buy land and conduct business like normal human beings and stop fvckin expecting special treatment from the government.
Hahaha grin
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by angelfallz(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2021
Yampotatocarrot:

Southerners should invest by BUYING OR LEASING LAND... and at the end of your write up, you said, "there wouldn't be any choice, but to GIVE LAND to the Fulani"

Am I missing something here, Sir... Can't they buy or lease the land also? I really hope it's BUY/LEASE that you meant when you wrote that GIVE

Thank you for pointing out the error, i have corrected it.
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Shokoloko(f): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2021
spinna:

FC WAMCO, a private multinational..single handedly revived the nigerian dairy industry with this milk collection programme.. they have invested billions of naira starting about 6 or 7 yrs ago.

so i have witnessed this system.. i have learnt about cows.. milked my own cows (yes by myself) and i have received cash for my milk via transfer from fc wamco.. i have seen the hygienic milk collection rooms where farmers , both fulani and non fulani..bring in their milk

southerners need to start building ranches and cashing out on this milk and beef money. we can learn .. like i did.. i have learnt so much from my move to iseyin..

i never used the farm because God blessed me with another 6 acres in front of my rented apartment so i moved my cows there and took care of them myself..no fulani involved.. i have been sucking up cow knowledge everyday like a sponge. i have had my small share of cow kicks, rope burns and head butts and i loved it!.. i would advise anyone with good capital and love of farming to invest in this.. cheers all

I wish I could like this comment 1000 times. Workch, I believe you will agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

I wish I could like this comment 1000 times. Workch, I believe you will agree with me.

thank you

pics from the pasture..

2 Likes

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by calcal: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Bro, the issue is not just investing in the cow business but security generally, your land is not secure you are talking of business. What business?

how many businessmen have been displaced, kidnapped, killed in the last year? many

spinna:
smiley The wise with funds to invest would see this ..and the whole nigerian cattle issues of today, as an opportunity.the others would start political arguments ..this article is real.

FC WAMCO, a private multinational..single handedly revived the nigerian dairy industry with this milk collection programme.. they have invested billions of naira starting about 6 or 7 yrs ago.

so i have witnessed this system.. i have learnt about cows.. milked my own cows (yes by myself) and i have received cash for my milk via transfer from fc wamco.. i have seen the hygienic milk collection rooms where farmers , both fulani and non fulani..bring in their milk

southerners need to start building ranches and cashing out on this milk and beef money. we can learn .. like i did.. i have learnt so much from my move to iseyin..

i never used the farm because God blessed me with another 6 acres in front of my rented apartment so i moved my cows there and took care of them myself..no fulani involved.. i have been sucking up cow knowledge everyday like a sponge. i have had my small share of cow kicks, rope burns and head butts and i loved it!.. i would advise anyone with good capital and love of farming to invest in this.. cheers all

1 Like

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by ZooOga: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2021
Manasseh2018:
I don't just know why Ipobians hate cattle rearing and farming like cancer. Like they don't consume meat or diary products. Let's invest in cattle business instead of fighting ourselves cause of cattle.

I would guess its only a minority of mischief ppl on this medium.

Good thread from a few years ago.

Meet The Igbo Man Who Is A Cattle Rearer And See How He Does It - Agriculture - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/4306270/meet-igbo-man-cattle-rearer

And we know dem tear up some cow-cheese pizza when dey get lucky. grin

NL Pizza threads
https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=pizza&board=41

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2021
calcal:
Bro, the issue is not just investing in the cow business but security generally, your land is not secure you are talking of business. What business?

how many businessmen have been displaced, kidnapped, killed in the last year? many

yes insecurity is an important issue.. thats why the company invested heavily in the sw i think..it shouldnt stop one from farming.. with good security measures and Gods grace.. people are out there doing big things in farming
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by prof2007: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Hi Spinna,

quite an audacious initiative on your part. I'm sure many business-minded Nairalanders would be interested, if they could receive guidance on how to go about it.

I suggest you open a thread specifically to provide such guidance. Best wishes for good success in all your endeavours!

spinna:
smiley The wise with funds to invest would see this, and the whole nigerian cattle issues of today, as an opportunity. Others would start political arguments...this article is real. FC WAMCO, a private multinational..single handedly revived the nigerian dairy industry with this milk collection programme.. they have invested billions of naira starting about 6 or 7 yrs ago....

...we cannot in the south sit on our keyboards and demonise innocent cattle with unscrupulous owners when we ourselves are not making moves to enter into the cattle business. This was my my view 3 years ago when i saw a similar article about wamco in iseyin.. so i took the plunge and moved to iseyin to start a cattle and dairy farm...
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by jeffizy(m): 4:49am On Jun 21, 2021
spinna:
smiley The wise with funds to invest would see this ..and the whole nigerian cattle issues of today, as an opportunity.the others would start political arguments ..this article is real.

*modified.. a picture from the pasture.. thats young luther poke nosing.. cows are curious and like to investigate ( when they arent threatened)

Thank you for this unbiased factual information. It is worth more than Gold.
I promise to come around and see your effort.
With the aim of learning and replicating your success in fairy farming.
Gracia!
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Earthstorms(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2021
spinna:

*modified.. a picture from the pasture.. thats young luther poke nosing.. cows are curious and like to investigate ( when they arent threatened)

Nice
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by cayorday89(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2021
spinna:

lol.. na afrika man i be

ok sir.. you can call or whatsapp.. its a beautiful profession

thanks my kween.. amen

What is your advice for anyone who is willing to take that leap of faith, in terms of budget for accommodation, land and the cows itself and other things necessary...
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Niorte: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2021
This is amazing.

While I was with FC WAMCO, a litre of milk was N70, today it is N180.

In case you don't know, Nigeria's milk production was only able to meet 3% of milk demand in the country. That is why WAMCO still import from Holland. However, the Dairy Development Programme was a great initiative that is mutually beneficial to both the host communities and the company.

I am hoping to find my way back to FC WAMCO. That company is one of the best you can work in. STANDARD HIGH, STAFF EXTREMELY TAKEN CARE OF.

1 Like

Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by showafrica(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2021
WesternOligarch:

No mind them, that word PEACE is Taqiya to Fulani people. Make he who have ears listen
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Gudiza(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
fvcking propaganda. well done/

BigManDesigns1:
When push comes to shove, we would realize that we all need each other!....
lol, we hear you loud and clear.
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by Willie2015: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2021
spinna:

yes insecurity is an important issue.. thats why the company invested heavily in the sw i think..it shouldnt stop one from farming.. with good security measures and Gods grace.. people are out there doing big things in farming

Do they have milk collection centre in Oyo town ?
I know they have in Iseyin, Saki, Alaga, Maya & Fashola...
Re: Iseyin In Oyo Where Dairy Biz Generates Cash & Peace Among Fulani/Yoruba Farmers by spinna: 6:51am On Jun 27, 2021
Willie2015:

Do they have milk collection centre in Oyo town ?
I know they have in Iseyin, Saki, Alaga, Maya & Fashola...

I dont think so.. you are correct about the mccs in those areas.. i think there are some in ogun state too.. and they have light tank trucks that collect from some farms directly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice / Senator Olamilekan Adeola Escapes Kidnapping At National Assembly / Buhari Said The IGP Is Losing Weight. See The Moment (video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.