Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport (14271 Views)

INEC Press Release On Reported Registration Issues At Catholic Church In Lagos / Fashola Blasts Nigerians Over Infrastructure Abuse / Southeast Governors Meet Buhari Wednesday Over Infrastructure, Other Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by dre11(m): 10:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
British Airways diverts flights to Abuja over ‘infrastructure issues’ at Lagos airport
by Aderemi Ojekunle
British Airways (BA) diverted its Lagos-bound flights to Abuja airport over ‘non-functional runway lights’ at the Lagos airport.

In a message sent to its passengers on Friday, BA said it was due to local ‘infrastructure issues’ in Lagos.

“BA075 Lagos – We’re very sorry your flight to Lagos had to divert to Abuja due to local infrastructure issues in Lagos. Your new estimated departure time is on 19th June at 12:00 local time, arriving into Lagos at around 13:30 local time,” a statement from BA to customers, reads

“Transport from the hotel will depart for the airport at 08:00 local time. Please continue to check ba.com/flight status.”

It was gathered that the runway lights of the international wing of the Lagos airport were bad, causing issues for flights inbound Lagos.

The development forced BA to redirect its flight to Abuja.

An official at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport told TheCable that the runway lights had been fixed.

“The lights had been fixed. Flights can now land,” she said.

https://www.thecable.ng/british-airways-diverts-flights-to-abuja-over-infrastructure-issues-at-lagos-airport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by chatinent: 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
My first time on a plane when such announcements were made was not a funny one. While the men where trying to ask questions, Mountain of Fire members began praying and firing.

I was like...fire Kwa when we are praying to land safely?

Iwọ ni ọkan ti ina yoo jo not me biko.

Please fam, contact me to write your assignments, thesis, and dissertations.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Oksman(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2021
dre11:

British Airways diverts flights to Abuja over ‘infrastructure issues’ at Lagos airport

This is what I hate about this country. How could MMA be in this state! The economic Capital of Nigeria! What is the economic importance of Abuja that plane would have to land there. It's time we do something about this over centralized system of ours. I remembered the governor of Niger state lamenting that why would he have to get approval from Abuja to fix a bad road in his state. Why not grant concession to private managers to handle our airports?

https://www.thecable.ng/british-airways-diverts-flights-to-abuja-over-infrastructure-issues-at-lagos-airport

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by esnbrutality: 11:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
Package 2 loading...

Make the Lagos Airport unattractive or cripple Flights...and direct them to Only Abuja and other designated zones.

This i believe is another subtle but effective way of putting the mouth of the suffersticated zombies in-check.

TINUBU will not use MM2 to Jakpa when they come for him this time...and all Land borders will be effectively monitored...UNA MUST LEARN BY FORCE!! wink wink wink wink wink wink

Zombies........ the Fulani Government is ready to BITE!!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Kalapizim(m): 2:57am On Jun 21, 2021
There are two runways in Lagos, one has lights while the other doesn't.

I find this funny.

2 Likes

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by obasiken: 4:00am On Jun 21, 2021
Nigeria.....As if we dont have enough problems.

1 Like

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Atiwaye: 4:22am On Jun 21, 2021
Continue having sleepless night over Tinubu matter.
esnbrutality:
Package 2 loading...

Make the Lagos Airport unattractive or cripple Flights...and direct them to Only Abuja and other designated zones.

This i believe is another subtle but effective way of putting the mouth of the suffersticated zombies in-check.

TINUBU will not use MM2 to Jakpa when they come for him this time...and all Land borders will be effectively monitored...UNA MUST LEARN BY FORCE!! wink wink wink wink wink wink

Zombies........ the Fulani Government is ready to BITE!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Grace001: 4:26am On Jun 21, 2021
Naija... What do you expect when we still have epileptic power supply in 2021

Government better use solar to power those lights

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Yankee101: 5:42am On Jun 21, 2021
Naija naija
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by raker300: 5:45am On Jun 21, 2021
When something similar happened in enugu airport, it turned to an igbo bashing thread.

Lol.

I like watching a show of double standards

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by owobokiri(m): 6:01am On Jun 21, 2021
The way we shamelessly emberass ourselves in this country..
Runway lights that can be fixed by an individual...

2 Likes

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by setobaba: 6:05am On Jun 21, 2021
OP it must have been a very tense situation for you and others?? Or you are going to say you ain’t scared ??

Meanwhile
7weeks old female German Shepard puppy available for sale in Abeokuta.
Price 50k

Check my profile for my WhatsApp’s contact for interested buyer only

2 Likes

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Monogamy: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2021

See as how they made the diversion looks like it's permanent thing

1 Like

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by ifymadu: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2021
Shit-hole things...
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by EXLOVER(m): 6:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Nigéria is not just a serious country, a road that was bad in Japan was fixed under 24hrs, cause they know the danger involve, I know that light have been bad for more than a month, someone might have eaten the budget for the job.

People here value their pockets more than lifes.

10 Likes

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by bjtinz: 6:07am On Jun 21, 2021
Even potholes on the runway
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Badgers14: 6:09am On Jun 21, 2021
Giant of Africa grin grin

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Sammy07: 6:09am On Jun 21, 2021
Its nothing new in Nigeria Airports sad
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by LeeSantos(m): 6:10am On Jun 21, 2021
Only u
Dem complain no air conditioning for airport,
No light for runway

MMA Na only you walka kom?

The only thing helping this country is the absence of natural disaster like tsunami, wide fire, Volcano eruption, hurricane.

We won't have being able to tame it down or recover from them

2 Likes

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by amazingspiderma: 6:10am On Jun 21, 2021
Light for run way can't be maintained in Nigeria.

Or should I say, they have incompetent people all over the place.

1 Like

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Enyimbamercedes: 6:12am On Jun 21, 2021
They would have landed at the newly commissioned railway station or bus park!

Useless state
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by tunwumi: 6:17am On Jun 21, 2021
Again
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Npmedia(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2021
God go help us
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Kreamie(m): 6:28am On Jun 21, 2021
Ff
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by cardoctor(m): 6:34am On Jun 21, 2021
C
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by whela(m): 6:37am On Jun 21, 2021
Safety first
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Sunnybay7: 6:38am On Jun 21, 2021
Hmmm nah wah
Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by Wakanakarue: 6:41am On Jun 21, 2021
raker300:
When something similar happened in enugu airport, it turned to an igbo bashing thread.

Lol.

I like watching a show of double standards

And the most Igbo bashing on nl comes from the suffer-scated wing but I like that igbos on here are more mature and don't play tribalism.

1 Like

Re: BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport by PrinceofHCI(m): 6:59am On Jun 21, 2021
Wonderfully, interesting!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Magu To Sue The Sun Newspaper, Denies Owning House In Maitama / Kingsley Moghalu Dances To Ogene Music (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.