Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce (2852 Views)

How To File For A Divorce In Nigeria / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Greenishland(f): 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
You are actually here because you understand the meaning of divorce and probably contemplating it so I am not going to talk more about the definition of divorce. But for the purpose of this post, I will like you to know that divorce is simply the act of separating a married couple and it's usually done by the court of law.

After divorce, the couple are free to live their separate lives and even remarry if they feel like doing so. The children are often left in the custody of either of the couple, usually the woman and the man is made to pay alimony and child support.

Most times, it's the female partner that usually initiates divorce especially in America and some other developed countries. This is because divorce seems to favour women more than men financially.

The woman gets paid and also gets to keep the children and enjoys financial benefits.

From my little research, I have come to realise that the woman loses more after divorce than the man. Yes, the man loses only money and the children but believe me, he can gain these two back at any stage in his life.

The man can remarry, in fact he can even marry a very young and beautiful virgin better than his ex wife, give birth to new set of children, make more money and live happily ever after.

But for the woman, this is exactly what you should expect after a divorce and they are a disadvantage:

1. You become both Daddy and Mommy in the house. This means that you must not fall sick and you must not get tired.

2. Only you wakes up to prepare the children for school, take them to school and must bring them back daily. Apart from that, you will need to work hard to earn money for yours and their upkeep and you have to ensure that the house is clean and tidy and that food is always ready.

3. When you are sick, especially at night, nobody to take you to the hospital and no one to care for your children.

4. What of the days you oversleep? Your children will be late for school because there's no one to wake you up.

5. Now, how do you mentor your male children as a woman? Whether you believe it or not, boys raised by single mothers end up becoming bad boys and consequently, bad husbands in future.

6. You hope to find new love but the bad news is that it's not easy to find new love. The reason is that you might be too busy with the children and job and might not have time to look for a lover. You might end up finding some lovers who are in your life because they need something like money or shelter from you and not necessarily because they love you because only a few men would want to be in a relationship with a woman that has children from another marriage.

7. You will feel lonely most times and will secretly wish that you never left your husband.

8. What of the days that you need to change light bulbs, can you do that alone? Who will help to hold the ladder for you? How about mowing the lawns? Will you be financially capable of employing a labourer?

9. How about leaving your job because you are tired, can you do that as a single woman with kids to care for without wondering what would happen next?

10. Can you switch on the generator every night and switch it off before you sleep every night? (For those in Nigeria). Come on, God knows that only one person cannot cope with all these that's why he created marriage.

11. When you start getting old, you will be absolutely lonely because your children will have to move away to live on their own.

12. Most divorced women end up being frustrated. You wouldn't want to end up that way. Do you know that you will no longer be as attractive to men as you were before giving birth?

13. The young guys you admire for a relationship might mock the hell out of you, calling you an old cargo and will not even look at you no matter how hard you try to gain their attention. What more can be more humiliating?

14. The men you succeed in getting after divorce will only use and dump you and as you get older, they won't even want to use and dump you again. They will only look at you and move on, leaving you lonelier than ever.

15. You might be forced to be at the mercy of intimacy gadgets. This is frustrating as well.

16. Your children will feel frustrated growing up without their father and might end up becoming miscreants in the future.

I think it is better to avoid divorce by all means by respecting your husband and being submissive to him for the sake of your future and that of your children.

If your husband notices these two traits in you, he will change and become a better person and you will both live happily ever after. That's the secret of good marriages.

For husbands that cheat on their spouses. As a woman, do you know that it's not compulsory for you to get a divorce because your husband cheated on you? Do you know that you can actually forgive?

Do you know that you can remain in the marriage even if you cannot forgive?

Source: www.labari.net

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Bola146(f): 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
grin
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by MightySparrow: 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2021
God of Christians hates divorce.
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Ahmed0336(m): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
Chai

Valid points raised I must say.

One thing about life is that most things are easier said than done. When one is unfortunate to find his/herself in a particular situation all these will not come to mind.

I pray there should be peace in our homes.

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Uyi168: 10:42pm On Jun 21, 2021
MightySparrow:

Your Jesus was never married, so he had no idea what married people go through in marriages.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by MightySparrow: 4:45am On Jun 22, 2021
Uyi168:

Your Jesus was never married, so he had no idea what married people go through in marriages.. angry

All the same, God of Christians hate divorce.
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by TheUndercover: 6:38am On Jun 22, 2021
Divorce:

The probability of the man recovering is very low especially if he wasn't a very rich person before the divorce. Most men have been sent into depression by divorce laws. The only men lucky to survive were those that were probably billionaires. This is very common in the Western countries. Just imagine you splitting your property and all you've worked for with a leech who came into your life under the guise of love.

Although, you made some valid points, but as long as the law and government is involved in the marriage, the probability that the situation will favour the man is very low and we all know most divorce is initiated by the woman if the outcome of the decision will be heavily favoured for her.

And about what you said on cheating, you have options to marry more than one wife as a man, I don't support cheating men, marry more than one instead. It's for your safety. The Bible supports this in Exodus 21:10, which says "If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife." For those who will say it's in the old testament, remember Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill them in Matthew 5:17.

For the Muslims also, marrying more than one is also supported in Qur'an 4:3 if you're are capable of doing so.

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by mysticwarrior(m): 8:29am On Jun 22, 2021
If anybody advice you to divorce your spouse, ruuuuun from that demon because they won't be there to help you share the burden when it happens.
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by bukatyne(f): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2021
MightySparrow:

He also hates adultery, abuse, unfair treatment, lies, selfishness, bullying, taking spouses for granted, ungratefulness, taking advantage of others and the whole works.

My point:

If you claim to be a Christian and cite God hates divorce (which He does), ensure you also behave Christ-like in the marriage.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by bukatyne(f): 9:03am On Jun 22, 2021
Greenishland:

You are actually here because you understand the meaning of divorce and probably contemplating it so I am not going to talk more about the definition of divorce. But for the purpose of this post, I will like you to know that divorce is simply the act of separating a married couple and it's usually done by the court of law.

After divorce, the couple are free to live their separate lives and even remarry if they feel like doing so. The children are often left in the custody of either of the couple, usually the woman and the man is made to pay alimony and child support.

Most times, it's the female partner that usually initiates divorce especially in America and some other developed countries. This is because divorce seems to favour women more than men financially.

The woman gets paid and also gets to keep the children and enjoys financial benefits.

From my little research, I have come to realise that the woman loses more after divorce than the man. Yes, the man loses only money and the children but believe me, he can gain these two back at any stage in his life.

The man can remarry, in fact he can even marry a very young and beautiful virgin better than his ex wife, give birth to new set of children, make more money and live happily ever after.

But for the woman, this is exactly what you should expect after a divorce and they are a disadvantage:

1. You become both Daddy and Mommy in the house. This means that you must not fall sick and you must not get tired.

2. Only you wakes up to prepare the children for school, take them to school and must bring them back daily. Apart from that, you will need to work hard to earn money for yours and their upkeep and you have to ensure that the house is clean and tidy and that food is always ready.

3. When you are sick, especially at night, nobody to take you to the hospital and no one to care for your children.

4. What of the days you oversleep? Your children will be late for school because there's no one to wake you up.

5. Now, how do you mentor your male children as a woman? Whether you believe it or not, boys raised by single mothers end up becoming bad boys and consequently, bad husbands in future.

6. You hope to find new love but the bad news is that it's not easy to find new love. The reason is that you might be too busy with the children and job and might not have time to look for a lover. You might end up finding some lovers who are in your life because they need something like money or shelter from you and not necessarily because they love you because only a few men would want to be in a relationship with a woman that has children from another marriage.

7. You will feel lonely most times and will secretly wish that you never left your husband.

8. What of the days that you need to change light bulbs, can you do that alone? Who will help to hold the ladder for you? How about mowing the lawns? Will you be financially capable of employing a labourer?

9. How about leaving your job because you are tired, can you do that as a single woman with kids to care for without wondering what would happen next?

10. Can you switch on the generator every night and switch it off before you sleep every night? (For those in Nigeria). Come on, God knows that only one person cannot cope with all these that's why he created marriage.

11. When you start getting old, you will be absolutely lonely because your children will have to move away to live on their own.

12. Most divorced women end up being frustrated. You wouldn't want to end up that way. Do you know that you will no longer be as attractive to men as you were before giving birth?

13. The young guys you admire for a relationship might mock the hell out of you, calling you an old cargo and will not even look at you no matter how hard you try to gain their attention. What more can be more humiliating?

14. The men you succeed in getting after divorce will only use and dump you and as you get older, they won't even want to use and dump you again. They will only look at you and move on, leaving you lonelier than ever.

15. You might be forced to be at the mercy of intimacy gadgets. This is frustrating as well.

16. Your children will feel frustrated growing up without their father and might end up becoming miscreants in the future.

I think it is better to avoid divorce by all means by respecting your husband and being submissive to him for the sake of your future and that of your children.

If your husband notices these two traits in you, he will change and become a better person and you will both live happily ever after. That's the secret of good marriages.

For husbands that cheat on their spouses. As a woman, do you know that it's not compulsory for you to get a divorce because your husband cheated on you? Do you know that you can actually forgive?

@Bold:

I found the thread interesting till the bolded which exposes the intent of the thread.

You are interested in the length of a marriage than the health of it.

You also think marriage should be endured and not enjoyed absorbing the husband who is the head of responsibility.

In your words,

Once a woman respects, submits and willing to forgive adultery, all would be well.

Nice formula for a 'Nigerian' marriage.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by ImaIma1(f): 9:10am On Jun 22, 2021
This is just a one sided writeup with myopic points.

What happened to having a househelp? Most homes have helps, so the woman doesn't have to do everything on their own.

Many divorced women also get remarried if they want to. It's just that some actually decide to focus solely on their kids. They are more concerned about the kids than the fathers are. The father can even abandon the children with her and remarry but the woman will go out of her way to see that they are fine.

Divorce sometimes is necessary and may be the best thing for a woman for her peace of mind and freedom from a bad man. That, enough is bliss. What if she did everything to save the marriage but the man wasn't helping matters and decided to leave? She should force herself on him, so that she doesn't suffer all these your listed points?

My close family relative is separated from her ex. She works and she has a nanny, plus family is always available to help. Divorced mums figure things out to make sure things still flow.

Last week, my husband had to go stand in as a father for father's day in school for his friend's daughter. She's a working divorced mum without much family (only child and only her mum alive) but friends and loved ones rally around her to help out.

Maybe before you write something like this, you should actually study divorced mums around and not just what you feel happens, just to make the man seem.like the "victor" in divorce, thereby making the woman seem like the disadvantaged one.

10 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by rosalieene(f): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2021
I didn't bother reading through this thread.
Nothing like divorce in my dictionary.
We die there smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by nautybride: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2021
I bullshit this post. Woman woman matter. Both sexes can find love again.
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by MightySparrow: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2021
bukatyne:

He also hates adultery, abuse, unfair treatment, lies, selfishness, bullying, taking spouses for granted, ungratefulness, taking advantage of others and the whole works.

My point:

If you claim to be a Christian and cite God hates divorce (which He does), ensure you also behave Christ-like in the marriage.

I don't have problems with my marriage. Do you?
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Saintmary(f): 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2021
Greenishland:

This is what happens when you smoke Oshogbo weed before reading your Bible.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Klass99(f): 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2021
smiley

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Hathor5(f): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2021
ImaIma1:

What happened to having a househelp? Most homes have helps, so the woman doesn't have to do everything on their own.

Many divorced women also get remarried if they want to. It's just that some actually decide to focus solely on their kids. They are more concerned about the kids than the fathers are. The father can even abandon the children with her and remarry but the woman will go out of her way to see that they are fine.

Divorce sometimes is necessary and may be the best thing for a woman for her peace of mind and freedom from a bad man. That, enough is bliss. What if she did everything to save the marriage but the man wasn't helping matters and decided to leave? She should force herself on him, so that she doesn't suffer all these your listed points?

My close family relative is separated from her ex. She works and she has a nanny, plus family is always available to help. Divorced mums figure things out to make sure things still flow.

Last week, my husband had to go stand in as a father for father's day in school for his friend's daughter. She's a working divorced mum without much family (only child and only her mum alive) but friends and loved ones rally around her to help out.

Maybe before you write something like this, you should actually study divorced mums around and not just what you feel happens, just to make the man seem.like the "victor" in divorce, thereby making the woman seem like the disadvantaged one.

Well said but they will stick to the narrative that women are helpless without a man so that women tolerate all kinds of nonsense. Even a simple bulb we can't change. grin Chai!

But a man can start a new family over and over again. Exchanging his children and wife for a new family is as easy as the changing of socks because fathers don't love their children and are not attached to them. cheesy They treat their family members as disposable objects. Makes you wonder what kind of a family people who write such things come from. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Klass99(f): 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by ImaIma1(f): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Hathor5:

Well said but they will stick to the narrative that women are helpless without a man so that women tolerate all kinds of nonsense. Even a simple bulb we can't change. grin Chai!

But a man can start a new family over and over again. Exchanging his children and wife for a new family is as easy as the changing of socks because fathers don't love their children and are not attached to them. cheesy They treat their family members as disposable objects. Makes you wonder what kind of a family people who write such things come from. undecided

They are probably from dysfunctional families.

Some men just have this overestimation of themselves that they try to paint a woman's situation as disadvantaged while they claim to have all the odds in their favour.

Divorcees are constantly remarrying; male and female. These guys should learn to deal with the fact that the world doesn't rise and set on their assesss.
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by postmann: 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
ImaIma1:

Your attempt at rebuttal at the OP was poor and driven by emotions.

Women stand to lose more in divorce - FACT! Everyone knows that while men age like wine, women age like milk. And except the woman is rich no one hardly wants a committed relationship with a woman divorced with child. Her market value isn't the same. Some may stick around for the money but it doesn't really end well.

As for your point with house helps, friends and family helping. That's a truck load of crap. No one does it like it's his/her own. It's never the same. Your husband standing in for father's day for a colleague --that's unfortunate as it's shameful. You only unwittingly drove the OP's point home.

Women can't raise adolescents and can't really train boys on their own.

While in some cases separation might be the only remedy, divorce should not be encouraged and it's consequences downplayed. A good portion of outlaws in our society today come from broken homes or raised by single parent.

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by ImaIma1(f): 12:46am On Jun 26, 2021
postmann:

Women stand to lose more in divorce - FACT! Everyone knows that while men age like wine, women age like milk. And except the woman is rich no one hardly wants a committed relationship with a woman divorced with child. Her market value isn't the same. Some may stick around for the money but it doesn't really end well.

As for your point with house helps, friends and family helping. That's a truck load of crap. No one does it like it's his/her own. It's never the same. Your husband standing in for father's day for a colleague --that's unfortunate as it's shameful. You only unwittingly drove the OP's point home.

While in some cases separation might be the only remedy, divorce should not be encouraged and it's consequences downplayed. A good portion of outlaws in our society today come from broken homes or raised by single parent.

So is it men who raise adolescents and boys well alone? Where do you guys get your facts? Look around you and live in the real world! Women single handedly train children alone successfully. Just like some children turn out badly even under a stable home with both parents, same happens for single parents.

Yes, divorce should not be encouraged, but when it is inevitable, what happens? Both divorced man and woman have equal chances at starting over if they so decide.

What is shameful about standing in for father's day for a close friend's daughter? You sound so judgemental and sanctimonious. Shame indeed.

What you call a truck load of crap is just your opinion. "No one does it like it's their own". So she should go and drag him like a bull by the horn to come and assume his responsibilities.

Live goes on after divorce. And whatever decision each party decides to take in terms of relationships is theirs.

6 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Mindlog: 3:43am On Jun 26, 2021
postmann:

"Everyone knows that while men age like wine, women age like milk.".......And who is more likely to outlive the other?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by socialmediaman: 4:11am On Jun 26, 2021
bukatyne:

@Bold:

I found the thread interesting till the bolded which exposes the intent of the thread.

You are interested in the length of a marriage than the health of it.

You also think marriage should be endured and not enjoyed absorbing the husband who is the head of responsibility.

In your words,

Once a woman respects, submits and willing to forgive adultery, all would be well.

Nice formula for a 'Nigerian' marriage.

but Nigerian women are the most unfaithful partners in the whole world and the second highest in the world in terms of paternity fraud undecided

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/07/16/nigerian-women-are-most-unfaithful-in-the-world-durex

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/nigeria-ranks-2nd-highest-in-paternity-fraud-in-the-world/
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by socialmediaman: 4:16am On Jun 26, 2021
Klass99:

Seven blessings to you for this entire post and.......

Twenty One blessings to you in particular for the bolded parts.

How come Nigerian women are the ones enduring when they are the most unfaithful partners in the world?

In fact, research says Nigerian women are the second highest in the world in terms of having kids with their adulterous partners and making their husbands unknowingly father those children sad

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/07/16/nigerian-women-are-most-unfaithful-in-the-world-durex

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/nigeria-ranks-2nd-highest-in-paternity-fraud-in-the-world/
Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Hathor5(f): 4:47am On Jun 26, 2021
ImaIma1:

They are probably from dysfunctional families.

Some men just have this overestimation of themselves that they try to paint a woman's situation as disadvantaged while they claim to have all the odds in their favour.

Divorcees are constantly remarrying; male and female. These guys should learn to deal with the fact that the world doesn't rise and set on their assesss.

I am not sure they have this overestimation. If they had this overestimation, they wouldn't be constantly reminding women of the disadvantages of divorce. They would be confident in their position of (assumed) privilege and trust that most women will hold on to marriage because divorce is so much worse for them. But the truth is that many women have a much better life after divorce than they had in their marriage. I am glad women are no longer willing to tolerate all kind of nonsense. Men will either step up their game and be the husbands and fathers they are supposed to be or end up lonely in old age, which they fear and which is the true reason for all the sermons on this forum. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Mindlog: 4:49am On Jun 26, 2021
The intention of this thread by the OP is to scare women into remaining in marriages that is toxic to their overall well-being and probably their children', that it is safer to remain in that cage because out there, they will find it difficult to readjist!

I guess OP never researched on how women whose husbands abandoned them and their kids to start a new life elsewhere have coped. If overwhelming majority of Nigerian widows have after the death of their husband ,on their own raised their children without assistance from her late husband's family, he would have a better understanding that post divorce is not all about darkness for a woman, that is why many forward thinking lawyers who are into marriage and family law refer their female clients to a licensed MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist) for pre-divorce and post-divorce therapy which is intended to disabuse their minds from the traditional views that she is a nobody without the spouse who feels he is not obligated in contributing to make the marriage a healthy one. A woman with a good lawyer who legally divorced properly should be able to secure the obligations the man has towards their children who are products of their union...school fees, healthcare etc and not subject those obligations to his mood swings.

I laughed where OP brought up the changing of light bulbs, that the woman would be helpless! cheesy cheesy Uncle, you have no idea on how majority of Reverend Sisters do things for themselves, Sisters whey dey slit the necks, roast and butcher goats themselves, pack am for freezer na to change light bulbs go come be rocket science! cheesy

God hates divorce, just as He hates the repeated intentional behaviours and actions that leads to divorce, you leave your cooking unattended to and still believe sogged or burnt food is not your portion.

Focus should be on husbands and wives working as a team for a healthy marriage and a conducive family life where the husband, the wife and the children they have been blessed with, can thrive.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Hathor5(f): 4:55am On Jun 26, 2021
Mindlog:
The intention of this thread by the OP is to scare women into remaining in marriages that is toxic to their overall well-being and probably their children', that it is safer to remain in that cage because out there, they will find it difficult to readjist!

I guess OP never researched on how women whose husbands abandoned them and their kids to start a new life elsewhere have coped. If overwhelming majority of Nigerian widows have after the death of their husband ,on their own raised their children without assistance from her late husband's family, he would have a better understanding that post divorce is not all about darkness for a woman, that is why many forward thinking lawyers who are into marriage and family law refer their female clients to a licensed MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist) for pre-divorce and post-divorce therapy which is intended to disabuse their minds from the traditional views that she is a nobody without the spouse who feels he is not obligated in contributing to make the marriage a healthy one. A woman with a good lawyer who legally divorced properly should be able to secure the obligations the man has towards their children who are products of their union...school fees, healthcare etc and not subject those obligations to his mood swings.

I laughed where OP brought up the changing of light bulbs, that the woman would be helpless! cheesy cheesy Uncle, you have no idea on how majority of Reverend Sisters do things for themselves, Sisters whey dey slit the necks, roast and butcher goats themselves, pack am for freezer na to change light bulbs go come be rocket science! cheesy

God hates divorce, just as He hates the repeated intentional behaviours and actions that leads to divorce, you leave your cooking unattended to and still believe sogged or burnt food is not your portion.

Focus should be on husbands and wives working as a team for a healthy marriage and a conducive family life where the husband, the wife and the children they have been blessed with, can thrive.

You have said it all. Beautifully.

@bold
So true. But I have no hope for this generation. Instead of finding ways to build loving homes, they think of ways to manipulate, use scare tactics or swallow some red pills and suffer from megalomania. Very unhealthy approach. I pity their children who will never experience how a loving couple operates as one unit. This mentality will lead to many dysfunctional homes. At least, you will never run out of clients and clinical case studies. wink

1 Like

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by cococandy(f): 5:05am On Jun 26, 2021
How does one double like a post? Because this is thumbs up. The goal of all moral policing of women and preaching about values is never because those who say it are good people or that they even believe it.
It’s because to them, that is a way they can scare women into thinking they do not deserve anything more than a mediocre existence subject to the generosity of the man giving it.

Mindlog:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by cococandy(f): 5:10am On Jun 26, 2021
TheUndercover:
Divorce:

The probability of the man recovering is very low especially if he wasn't a very rich person before the divorce. Most men have been sent into depression by divorce laws. The only men lucky to survive were those that were probably billionaires. This is very common in the Western countries. Just imagine you splitting your property and all you've worked for with a leech who came into your life under the guise of love.

Although, you made some valid points, but as long as the law and government is involved in the marriage, the probability that the situation will favour the man is very low and we all know most divorce is initiated by the woman if the outcome of the decision will be heavily favoured for her.

And about what you said on cheating, you have options to marry more than one wife as a man, I don't support cheating men, marry more than one instead. The Bible supports this in Exodus 21:10, which says "If he takes an additional wife, he must not reduce the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife." - . For those who will say its in the old testament, remember Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill them in Matthew 5:17.

For the Muslims also, marrying more than one is also supported in Qur'an 4:3 for those who are capable.

It’s not his property. It’s their property.

Marry another wife and get divorced anyway.

So?…

3 Likes

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by Mindlog: 5:11am On Jun 26, 2021
Hathor5:

You have said it all. Beautifully.

@bold
So true. But I have no hope for this generation. Instead of finding ways to build loving homes, they think of ways to manipulate, use scare tactics or swallow some red pills and suffer from megalomania. Very unhealthy approach. I pity their children who will never experience how a loving couple operates as one unit. This mentality will lead to many dysfunctional homes. At least, you will never run out of clients and clinical case studies. wink

So warped that some believe that having a healthy marriage is a sign of weakness, of being emasculated.

There is a sad increase of children and adolescents with attachment disorder and conduct disorders all due to dysfunctional homes. I know after completing my specialty in Clinical Child Psychology, my appointment book would be brimming with young ones who needs professional intervention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Divorce: Read This Before You File For A Divorce by TheUndercover: 5:20am On Jun 26, 2021
cococandy:

It’s not his property. It’s their property.

Marry another wife and get divorced anyway.

So?…

That's if the government, a marriage contract, or a court marriage was involved which is usually common in the West, and some men are now making their wife sign a prenuptial agreement before anything is done.

And how do you come to the conclusion that it's their property? Women mostly don't build with men, they just move in and rip him off when it's time to cash-out. This is the common tactic now unless the woman is way richer than the man.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lost My Elder Brother. / Is It Too Late At 30? Can I Still Make It?? / What If This Happens To You What You Gonna Do ? See (PHOTO INCLUDED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.