Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion (30809 Views)

Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by vicstorm: 6:14am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Wrong...The university committee will never allow you to deflate their ego. They have a law department and you are hiring 1 or two lawyer to drag a case! I would rather advice the guy to pleade for suspension if guilty, instead of trying to take the bull by a broken horns. Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case-avoid them by doing the right thing always...I wish the guy the very best in this case, is not easy to waste someone's time...I pray he regained his studentship. Amen
shift abeg

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by prigoz(m): 6:15am On Jun 22, 2021
Where is Nwamaikpe that blamed the young man, pls hide your face in shame for supporting evil. Though it is normal for BMC, they and blame are 5&6.
Good morning good Hustler out there, may you find favor from men and God. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by kingzjay(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2021
Inibehe Effiong is one of the best human right activist in this part of the world. Seeing that he's in charge of this case, it's a step ahead

What a country. What a shame!
What's wrong in expressing your opinion freely?

I watched a citizen slapping the president of France the other day. If it was in Nigeria, he would have been shot dead right there

3 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by 15ssDRIVE(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Wrong...The university committee will never allow you to deflate their ego. They have a law department and you are hiring 1 or two lawyer to drag a case! I would rather advice the guy to pleade for suspension if guilty, instead of trying to take the bull by a broken horns. Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case-avoid them by doing the right thing always...I wish the guy the very best in this case, is not easy to waste someone's time...I pray he regained his studentship. Amen

Try ansd fail is better than not to try at all. Make wetting go happen.,make e happen !

Nothing dem go do am
Wey,go pass wetting dem don do am
First.

3 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by lexy2014: 6:30am On Jun 22, 2021
pedel:
The guy was trying to shame the governor and the dirty politican fought back.
When did Facebook post became an official means of communication with a public office holder?
Even if he win in court they are going to make sure he spend 10 years in that university.
Nigeria is not an ideal society and children should start realizing that.
It happened to a guy like that in OAU Ife in the early 90s. He became the longest living resident in Awo Hall.
I employed a lady about 4 years ago. She had Masters degree from Unilag.
I asked for her social media handles and we went through all her posts to see what kind of person she was online.
Even Daddy freeze confirmed that people stopped giving him business when he started attacking Pastor Paul Adefarasin on social media.
Whatever you do online can come back to hunt you, including how you insult me for this opinion of mine.

Pls how is d student trying to shame d governor?

Could u pls explain what u mean by "official means of communication"?

If d student had used his FB to sing d praises of d governor, would u be asking "When did Facebook post became an official means of communication with a public office holder?"

Kindly explain to us why d same d governments around d world have FB, Twitter, Instagram & other social media handles? Why do organisations and governments use these social media platforms? Is it to pass across personal information or official information?

To even call urself and employer is disgraceful. What kind of employer are u when u aren't even in tune with how d world is working today?

What makes u think that d comments u made above won't come back to haunt u?

4 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by toloohthegreat: 6:37am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:

This opinion is naive.

3 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Mitsurugi(m): 6:50am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:

Why don't you just ask a lawyer friend of yours? Students have been winning against the universities since the late Gani Fawehinmi, SAN. Gani even took such cases for free and rubbished the school.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:55am On Jun 22, 2021
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by franksunny(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2021
Where is NANS? Nndi Ara
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by 30naira: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:

I did win against my university.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Mafulul(m): 7:05am On Jun 22, 2021
Sundaland:
Can somebody please summarize the content for some of us? It's too long to read
Who is your messenger or your errand boy?
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by yahmohy27: 7:18am On Jun 22, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
This shithole of a country only understands violence.
your country is a shithole ,not my dear country
NIGERIA
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Jicles(m): 7:23am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:

If you haven't seen doesn't mean it has never happened before!! I have witnessed that in my school then...SUG president vs the Senate and he came out victorious!! Bro,it is football anything can happen.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by HIbreed(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2021
pedel:
Wait till they get to the court. They will probably take him back but he will spend extra years on campus.
Nigeria is not an ideal country.
The lady who exposed the OAU lecturer is yet to graduate despite the Vice President's intervention.
The guy should have thought about his actions before writing stupid posts.
I wont be surprised if he is one of those urchins that turned Nairaland to ethno-religious battle ground.

you're talking in the nonsense, you're not ready for freedom. You're part of the rot!!!
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by tomju2(f): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Test the waters all times. The student took the correct step. Presidents, governors, senators and the likes are not gods! We need to be aware of that fact. Truth be told, he is being oppressed for his political views-which should not be, especially in the confines of a Citadel of learning. A governor of a state is a public 'servant', all the money he has amased legally and or illegally cannot alter that fact. Someone whose salary is paid by tax payers money should be a rallying point for all citizens and not their emperor.
When you see an institution take sides in politics then understand that the state pays it's bill. Like they say: "he who pays the piper detects the tune" . A simple phone call to the registrar would do. Tell your people, if that boy is not removed, I will sack the board.... Just an example.
Unfortunately, this is the clime we live in. As I stated earlier, the student made the right move. The university is doing 'eye service'. Follow the news, and you'll see that the state government will disassociate itself and the governor from the matter. If the governor was offended he should have sued him directly. I don't know how long the matter will take but the student will win. Watch.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by vikstandon(m): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2021
WHEN I TELL YOU ASUU IS A GREEDY BUNCH, some say they are fighting to make the university system better, LECTURERS DESTROYED OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM. ASUU BURIED IT.

Imagine a UNIVERSITY SYSTEM STIFLING SOMEONE'S FREEDOM.

But every year doesn't pass without them whooping sentiments of how the government has failed to give strength and ability to the University Community.

#EndTheUniversitySenate #EndASUU movement should be enacted by the students soon.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by matrixme(m): 7:51am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
You're obviously not very wise. So because they have a legal unit, one should not seek to engage them lawfully when there is injustice? Well, even if the case lingers for long, the guy has a very solid case and the university panel is not Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Jezreelosomz: 7:52am On Jun 22, 2021
Am yet to see wat he did wrong to warrant being expelled.. Der was a country!
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by RichBoy247: 7:57am On Jun 22, 2021
samuelson06:
I'm still wondering when freedom of speech has become a crime. What's even bad in reminding someone to fulfill promise? Who doesn't know that promise is a debt that must be paid?

This proves that there are several idiots and dictators in power in this Arewa Fulani Republic not just the lifeless terrorist living inside the Rock. Several fools, one former nation, Nigeria.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:

You are saying rubbish. The guy will win the school. Many have won before in many places. Example is Garba v Univ of Maiduguri.

6 years ago UNN excos won too and were reinstated.

The only issue is the time it will take.

Nobody is afraid of their law department if they have a bad case.

Besides law lecturers are not usually good in practice.

That lawyer that sued them is good and will win them.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by nairanaira12: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case

You have never seen because you have limited knowledge. How far have you travelled? How old are you? How much experience do you have in life? A student defeated the school authority in unilorin in 2008.

avoid them by doing the right thing always

What's your idea of"the right thing"? So keeping quiet when you should talk is what you term as the right thing? You are a slave in your mind

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Mayalaya1: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2021
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:15am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Are you saying he did the wrong thing by reminding the governor of his promise?
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Davidonkonsults: 8:16am On Jun 22, 2021
yahmohy27:

your country is a shithole ,not my dear country
NIGERIA
Smell go front.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by jimmynauty: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Very good.

Could this be a blessing in disguise?

#20 Milla no be pap
Na,. De guy don't gat his WHOWANTS TOBE MILLIONAIRE edge.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Gochis(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2021
This guy can actually use this as an opportunity to japa from this shit country. Make copies of the expulsion letter, copies of the court documents, make claims of threats and physical toture and apply to EU countries unis, Canada, UK, us, gain admission and they will give you visa as a student asylum seeker.
Iniobong wear your think cap, this could be your opportunity to japa. Just draw attention to it by making it trend on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook by reaching out to popular influencers, officially write to human right commission, police, dss and NBA claiming threat to life. And pack those stuffs to the embassy

3 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2021
pedel:
The guy was trying to shame the governor and the dirty politican fought back.
er you do online can come back to hunt you, including how you insult me for this opinion of mine.

With 20million compensation paid, he definitely isn't planning to go back to that school again... Even if na to start afresh, I want to believe he'll be relocating abroad... If he's wise, might even file for asylum under threat to life in Canada when he gets there

Lol

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Geeman2006: 8:53am On Jun 22, 2021
pedel:
Wait till they get to the court. They will probably take him back but he will spend extra years on campus.
Nigeria is not an ideal country.
The lady who exposed the OAU lecturer is yet to graduate despite the Vice President's intervention.
The guy should have thought about his actions before writing stupid posts.
I wont be surprised if he is one of those urchins that turned Nairaland to ethno-religious battle ground.

Agreed. On point. They will drag their feet and definitely frustrate him, even if they reinstate him.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by tolaswim: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2021
See me smiling like mumu because the young man is about to get justice.....
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Did u see anywhere d said student criticized anybody? Can u produce d derogatory words he used?

This is what the psychologist calls the "disease of a predetermined bias mindset". Go back and read the opening line of my comment. And tell me what it means.

I didn't see the comment and that was the rationale behind the "if indeed". But you didn't see that because you like to join the bandwagon without being objective.

You can show me the student's social media post if you have it.

Thanks.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by WaffenSS(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2021
Sundaland:
Can somebody please summarize the content for some of us? It's too long to read

Him got lawyers, wants reinstatement and compensation or him go court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Azor-Okorugbo Graduates From Near East University In Nicosia, Cyprus (Pics / The Quality Of Nigeria's University Education (Let's Rank Them) / ASUU & FG's 2009 Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.