Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion (30811 Views)

Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Uni Expels Ekpo Iniobong For Facebook Post About Governor Udom / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by uniqueboi1(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Wrong...The university committee will never allow you to deflate their ego. They have a law department and you are hiring 1 or two lawyer to drag a case! I would rather advice the guy to pleade for suspension if guilty, instead of trying to take the bull by a broken horns. Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case-avoid them by doing the right thing always...I wish the guy the very best in this case, is not easy to waste someone's time...I pray he regained his studentship. Amen

They have lost on many occasions. Go and ask well.

2 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by uniqueboi1(m): 9:28am On Jun 22, 2021
peppermint7:

Just look at you

He's a very foolish person
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by peppermint7(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2021
uniqueboi1:

He's a very foolish person
Na ona get time de folo am talk

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by lexy2014: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2021
litigator:

This is what the psychologist calls the "disease of a predetermined bias mindset". Go back and read the opening line of my comment. And tell me what it means.

I didn't see the comment and that was the rationale behind the "if indeed". But you didn't see that because you like to join the bandwagon without being objective.

You can show me the student's social media post if you have it.

Thanks.

According to u:

"For the umpteenth time, let me admonish us to be careful of what we post on social media. We have a fundamental right to criticize public servants, but we do not have the right to dishonour or use derogatory words on them in their official capacity."

Pls on what basis did u write d above? Is it based on objectivity regarding d story or based on "what the psychologist calls the 'disease of a predetermined bias mindset'"?

3 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Hyperchi(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2021
he has a great case against the school.
and if he decide to go back after winning the school can't do him nothing.
ppl posting how they can make him use 10yrs without graduating. failed to understand that one mistake of 4missing script in His exam can be see as witch hunt by any court. and can kill the image of the school

2 Likes

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by tonididdy(m): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2021
Well who obeys the law anymore?... Certainly not Buhari S's boys.

It's a lost battle
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Triplerg: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Wrong...The university committee will never allow you to deflate their ego. They have a law department and you are hiring 1 or two lawyer to drag a case! I would rather advice the guy to pleade for suspension if guilty, instead of trying to take the bull by a broken horns. Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case-avoid them by doing the right thing always...I wish the guy the very best in this case, is not easy to waste someone's time...I pray he regained his studentship. Amen
You are talking nonsense. Many students have taken the university to the court and won in the past; his shouldn't be an exception. Statements such as yours only serve to encourage the oppressors and discourage the oppressed from seeking justice
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Triplerg: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2021
Hyperchi:
he has a great case against the school.
and if he decide to go back after winning the school can't do him nothing.
ppl posting how they can make him use 10yrs without graduating. failed to understand that one mistake of 4missing script in His exam can be see as witch hunt by any court. and can kill the image of the school
God bless you bro. Many people are talking nonsense that he is fighting a lost battle. The only problem I see here is the case may drag on for a long time which is not good for him
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

According to u:

"For the umpteenth time, let me admonish us to be careful of what we post on social media. We have a fundamental right to criticize public servants, but we do not have the right to dishonour or use derogatory words on them in their official capacity."

Pls on what basis did u write d above? Is it based on objectivity regarding d story or based on "what the psychologist calls the 'disease of a predetermined bias mindset'"?

Define the word "us" .

Mind you, the operating word is "us"

Does it include you and I and, therefore, connote a general word of advice to us as youths?

Quit your fault-finding mission, okay?

"us"-----used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people as the object of a verb or preposition.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by maiquel: 11:15am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Wrong...The university committee will never allow you to deflate their ego. They have a law department and you are hiring 1 or two lawyer to drag a case! I would rather advice the guy to pleade for suspension if guilty, instead of trying to take the bull by a broken horns. [b]Have not seen someone that won university senate and students affairs unit in any case-avoid them by doing the right thing always...[/b]I wish the guy the very best in this case, is not easy to waste someone's time...I pray he regained his studentship. Amen

You don't know anything.
Go and read some cases... Read Garba and 8th ors v. University of Maiduguri... He is well on his rights, he doesn't need to beg anybody.
So what if they have a law faculty? Even if he is guilty, they'll have to prove his guilt in court!
It is the school that should be worried for massaging the Governor's ego for being called out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by maiquel: 11:22am On Jun 22, 2021
frankson1:

It depends on the type of 'oath' he signed after he gained admission. If the oath stated was that no student will/can take the school authority to court then he'd be wasting his time.

Any oath that deprives one from enjoying one's fundamental right enshrined in the constitution is a useless oath.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by maiquel: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2021
toloohthegreat:

This opinion is naive.
Fundamentally!
I vex after I read am.

So many students have been made to believe that they are powerless against their institutions. The institution itself is a creation of the law, the law regulates it. So where the institution makes an unlawful or illegal move, or acts ultra vires the laws creating it, what better way to fight it than by the law?

One other naive fellow said by the time the case is over, the Governor and the VC would be out of office, so what? It is the office that matters not the person. The person of the Governor did not institute an action against the student. Even if the case goes on for 50 years, the guy will be recompensed if the case goes his way because the action is against the institution and not the Person of the VC.

Tell them make them go school them go say no, say school na scam. That's why they'll get cheated and still go back and beg the cheater.

One said he should go and beg and accept suspension. If I wasn't wrong, why will I accept punishment?

Another one said lawyer just want to eat... how much can this student pay for representation? If this case is won and the school is made to pay or reverse it's decision, how do you think the guy will feel henceforth? How about other students, some even on this forum who have been marginalised, grossly cheated on, suspended and even expelled without fair hearing? It changes the rhetoric. Its not really about money but justice.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Maxwell4404(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2021
@Ekpo iniobong the only thing you have to do now is plead nothing more, mind you, your carrier is over in Nigeria and and any other Africa countries, that's if you survive more than 3years.. You surly will be frame up again by the government Fact
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Peoplesadvocate: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2021
CelestineNelson:
. My dear, there are many Persons who have won the University in several cases and he will get justice, it's clear that he was not given fair fearing. He will win and be compensated.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by pek(m): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2021
Maxwell4404:
@Ekpo iniobong the only thing you have to do now is plead nothing more, mind you, your carrier career is over in Nigeria and and any other Africa countries, that's if you survive more than 3years.. You surly will be frame up again by the government Fact
I will hate to associate with someone like you. Your thinking is below zero.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by enambobo(m): 12:20pm On Jun 22, 2021
well purported letter.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by lexy2014: 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2021
litigator:

Define the word "us" .

Mind you, the operating word is "us"

Does it include you and I and, therefore, connote a general word of advice to us as youths?

Quit your fault-finding mission, okay?

"us"-----used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people as the object of a verb or preposition.

According to u:

Whether it is "us", "them" or "they", it doesn't change anything. Pls on what basis did u write d above? Is it based on objectivity regarding d story or based on "what the psychologist calls the 'disease of a predetermined bias mindset'"?
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by ThatFairGuy1: 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2021
God bless them all for this action. Dunno he has even took the action I expected of him

The university Management must be insane
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by pegix(m): 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2021
Nice move.....justice and more money cool coming his way
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by FLYFIRE(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
We got here because buhari has been doing all sorts & people that can not on a normal day afford three-square meals sells their souls for N30K to come defend him online. Our advice to the EVIL-DEFENDING N30K BMC members is this: THE INJUSTICE WILL EVENTUALLY COME TO YOU NO MATTER HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE AND YOU WILL CRY & NO HELP WILL COME.
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
lexy2014:

According to u:

Whether it is "us", "them" or "they", it doesn't change anything. Pls on what basis did u write d above? Is it based on objectivity regarding d story or based on "what the psychologist calls the 'disease of a predetermined bias mindset'"?

It's crystal clear like the biblical " teke teka mena pharse" euphemism that you are a trouble maker. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by lexy2014: 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2021
litigator:

It's crystal clear like the biblical " teke teka mena pharse" euphemism that you are a trouble maker. grin grin grin grin grin

Answer simple question. According to u:

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Engr1(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
Like seriously, wow..........I love this move.
Good luck My co Engr.

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by luluman: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2021
Sundaland:
Can somebody please summarize the content for some of us? It's too long to read
Instead of going to school you spend all your time on nairaland. Now you cannot read
Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by EdiskyHarry: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
Akwa ibom state university is just a political ground.

1 Like

Re: Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion by Maxwell4404(m): 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2021
My friend let me tell you, you're still a baby you never grow, I think you still leave you with your parent, you don't know what's life is all about

I will hate to associate with someone like you. Your thinking is below zero.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Azor-Okorugbo Graduates From Near East University In Nicosia, Cyprus (Pics / The Quality Of Nigeria's University Education (Let's Rank Them) / ASUU & FG's 2009 Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.