Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter (22879 Views)

Government Can’t Dismiss Budget Padding Allegation Of ₦‎3 Trillion – Atiku / Government Can’t Ban Open Grazing - Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore / Falana: You Can’t Arrest Igboho If You Spared Others Who Issued Quit Notices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by amazingspiderma: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2021
I don't blame this government, I only blame the people that brought them to power.

Congratulations to all of una wey vote for PMB.
God has answered your prayers and has done as your heart desires.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by zeyt: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2021
ECOWAS court can't decide for Nigeria
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Finest6: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
I love this honestly.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Okoyouth: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
ECOWAS please we don't obey any law here,so you people sre joking
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Roman7(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
ogododo:
FG vs SERAP: Access to Twitter is fundamental right, govt can’t arrest anybody for using Twitter, ECOWAS court says

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/06/breaking-fg-vs-serap-access-to-twitter-is-fundamental-right-govt-cant-arrest-anybody-for-using-twitter-ecowas-court-says/?

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-ecowas-court-blocks-buhari-fg-from-arresting-nigerians-over-twitter-use/

Lol... I no shake self...cuz I know dem neva born person way go arrest me for using twitter
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Roman7(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2021
zeyt:
ECOWAS court can't decide for Nigeria

Hello!!!
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
900warriorz:
Tell them ooo ECOWAS...Tell the Lifeless vegetable cheesy

In other words, I'm FTC grin I know right, thank you, thank you wink

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Noshitboi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Victory for ussssssssssssss
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Emmerlee(m): 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
Off course this is obvious

Only dumb uneducated fools on nairaland think the government can do anything to anyone using Twitter

You know them by their stupid comments . They support every thing stupid and unreasonable but are unable to intelligently defend their point

They think by typing Godbless Nigeria ,Buhari etc it makes them patriots but analyse their past comments and you will see how unintelligent they are.
They are so stupid they can't tell the difference between extremist behaviour and patriotism.

Don't waste your time with such fools

Very true. The foolishness I see on this forum is quite nauseating cheesy

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by naturefellow(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2021
obembet:
Somebody should tell ECOWAS that Buhari don't obey court order. grin
hand go touch buhari
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by ityP(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
Off course this is obvious

Only dumb uneducated fools on nairaland think the government can do anything to anyone using Twitter

You know them by their stupid comments . They support every thing stupid and unreasonable but are unable to intelligently defend their point

They think by typing Godbless Nigeria ,Buhari etc it makes them patriots but analyse their past comments and you will see how unintelligent they are.
They are so stupid they can't tell the difference between extremist behaviour and patriotism.

Don't waste your time with such fools

, you've been summoned grin
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Owaincouncil: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2021
obembet:
Exactly. Is it the same buhari who is the customer of ENT. His ears are blocked
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by remedick: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2021
sigiyaya112:
This people dont know Buhari grin grin
Abeg help me tell them again lol... Baba will not reverse anything. Let's just wait for him to finish the useless tenure and go.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by cornelin(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2021
Welovekids1:
Issokay

Please if you’re still using Twitter, VPN, Binance, or any app that will raise suspicions.

Make sure you create a folder and hide all these apps there, and always close open tabs.

Even if police shadow your phone, they won’t see them.

No be person wey trailer jam go pick plate number o. Ecowas won’t be there when police go brutalize you.

My two cents.

Contact us for all types of Baby wears & Shoes, Carriers, Playing mats, Bouncer, etc. Wholesale and retail.

Seriously brother, I always wonder how Police take dey arrest some people because of some kind of apps seen on their phones when there are a lot of disguise apps in Playstore that you can use to hide your apps, videos, music's, messages etc without any slight suspicion.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Gjmff: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2021
Yes
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by abbey621(m): 5:12pm On Jun 22, 2021
linearity:

Agreed, ECOWAS court does not have much of any enforcement mechanism to leverage here, so the order may be ignored by Nigeria Government and nothing will be done.

However, the significance of this ruling and order is very important. The FG knew about this, hence they participated and filed their appearance and defense before the Court.

This ruling is a bad PR campaign against the FG and further undermine their credibility and sincerity behind the ban, since a third party have reviewed the arguments from both sides.

For a Country that relies almost exclusively on imports for survival, ostracizing the international community is a recipe for disaster and I doubt if our Politicians are capable of ignoring the international community. We are not Iran or North Korean that can endure increasing sanctions and bad PRs, those countries have viable internal manufacturing base.

I believe that, if common UK block these Politicians from coming into their country for common medical checkups, our dear Politicians will fold....so, forget UN that is too fear, our dear leaders will not survive a simple UN rebuke, they would want anything that will frozen and jeopardize their foreign accounts & assets.

We are talking about Nigerian government and you are discussing PR....lol. Aboki does not care about PR or optics, in order to make a point aboki can drag the entire country to hell and back. Let's face it unless international bodies rain heavy sanctions, cut off all loans and traveling, aboki is content to drag this on till 2023 and beyond but you see that UN and World Bank, na wetin dem wan chop dem dey look after, as long as their interests are protected they'll continue to sweet talk Buhari instead of slamming frypan on his head grin

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Genius100: 5:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
But slowpoke Malami already clarified weeks ago that Nigeria was not looking to prosecute anyone that sidestepped the Twitter ban..
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2021
Welovekids1:
Issokay

Please if you’re still using Twitter, VPN, Binance, or any app that will raise suspicions.

Make sure you create a folder and hide all these apps there, and always close open tabs.

Even if police shadow your phone, they won’t see them.

No be person wey trailer jam go pick plate number o. Ecowas won’t be there when police go brutalize you.

My two cents.

Contact us for all types of Baby wears & Shoes, Carriers, Playing mats, Bouncer, etc. Wholesale and retail.
Till tomorrow, Punch, premium Times, New Telegraph, The Cables , are still using Twitter, I received their twits daily. That was when I know that FG is just a wash.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Psalmistproject: 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2021
NotBeenPaid:

Imagine having Buhari as a member in your WhatsApp group and his only contributions to the group is uploading cow photos in every meaningful conversations.

grin

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by wink2015(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2021
MrWTF:

PMB that doesn’t listen to court orders ?? Una own na play

ECOWAS will fine the Buhari government and make them pay compensation for unlawful arrest and prosecution of Twitter users in Nigeria.

them go PAY PAY till them tire.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by garfield1: 5:41pm On Jun 22, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Till tomorrow, Punch, premium Times, New Telegraph, The Cables , are still using Twitter, I received their twits daily. That was when I know that FG is just a wash.

It is not a wash sir.the ban or suspension is targeted at twitter not nigerians.twitter has finally begged fg so mission accomplished
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by garfield1: 5:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
wink2015:

ECOWAS will fine the Buhari government and make them pay compensation for unlawful arrest and prosecution of Twitter users in Nigeria.

Twitter will remain suspended son
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by MrWTF(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2021
wink2015:

Except so.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by Qualer: 6:42pm On Jun 22, 2021
obembet:

I know say you dey use twitter since!!! grin grin
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by olowo1930: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2021
This country is finished. Denial your citizens their fundamental right at the expense of one Person
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by silifat11(m): 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2021
Man wey no dey follow the rulings of Court of his own country, no be him go follow rulings of a regional organization.. What a country we find ourselves.. as in you just decided to ban without public opinion ooo
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by venabili: 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2021
Funny

Made me remember the famous quote of American president Andrew Jackson to Chief Justice of the Supreme court, John Marshall

"John Marshall has made his decision;

now let him enforce it.”

That is the situation with most Nigerian courts decisions not to talk of ECOWAS
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by tonyson010(m): 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2021
NotBeenPaid:

Imagine having Buhari as a member in your WhatsApp group and his only contributions to the group is uploading cow photos in every meaningful conversations.

Soon nairaland will get banned if comments like this continue.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by DaCharis2016: 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2021
How can I have a lawyer pls? I need one I can afford.
Re: ECOWAS Court: Government Can’t Arrest Anybody For Using Twitter by bejeria101(m): 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2021
When you are lead by a dullard who lords over zombies, what did you expect?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vídeo Bokoharam Leader Threatens Cameroon ‘what Befell Nigeria Will Befall You’ / Southeast Governors Reject Transfer Of Boko Haram Suspects To Anambra / Seven Operations That Will Annihilate Boko Haram - Soe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.