Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday (33257 Views)

Governor Umahi Declares Interest In Contesting For Senate President / Fidelis Nweze: Accident Pictures Of Wrecked Vehicle Of Ebonyi Commissioner / Fidelis Nweze Is Dead! Umahi’s Commissioner For Infrastructure Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Wisdomkosi(m): 12:02am On Jun 23, 2021
BREAKING!!! Gov. Umahi Declares Public Holiday In Ebonyi Over Death Of Two Commissioners

Published By Wisdom Nwedene

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Engineer David Nweze Umahi has declared Wednesday, June 23rd as Public Holiday in Honour of the departed former members of the State Executive Council, 9NEWS NIGERIA reports.

The affected former Exco members are Engineer Fidelis Nweze, former Commissioner for Infrastructure for Concession and Engineer Uche Okah, former Commissioner for Housing.

The Governor who expressed shock over the loss of the two members of the State Executive Council in space of one month described the death of Engineer Fidelis Nweze as shocking.

"It is so shocking and unbelievable to announce the death of our Commissioner for Infrastructure, Engineer Kings Fidelis Nweze who died this morning at about 9:50 am at Turkish Hospital, Abuja. Nweze was traveling to Enugu on Saturday at about 7 pm with his orderly and Driver within Obinagu in Enugu State, they rammed into a stationary truck. He was on a seat belt, the Driver was conscious, they were all conscious.

“The orderly who had a very slight injury was treated and discharged, the Driver had a slight injury and was treated and discharged too.

“Kings had an injury on his stomach and his neck too and he was taken to Niger Foundation, I got to know about it on Sunday and I insisted they should move him to Turkish Hospital since there was no x-ray or any form of Medical examination, so they moved him to Turkish Hospital, I directed my physician to move to Abuja but he could not get a flight and on Sunday I sent a very good Doctor because I could not understand the grammar of the Doctors, they did an examination and discovered that the seat belt had ruptured his intestine. So, they did a very successful operation and wanted to move him to the ward, we said no, put him in the intensive care unit for the next three days so that everything would be perfected. So they did that this morning when I called about eight o'clock, they said he had crises, so we asked Dr. Onyii to get back while my Physician, SSA, Medical Services Left to Abuja in the morning, so about 9:50 Engineer Nweze gave up"

"I am so sad, a month ago, we lost Engineer Uche and today again we have lost Engineer Nweze, those who are the pillars of this administration, dawn to dusk, so sad, I feel so empty, to me it is like a dream, as if my younger brother, my son, my friend, my destiny helper would just sleep and come back, we did everything possible we could do.

"By the powers of the Governor of the State, I declare the whole of tomorrow public holiday, no market shall open in Honour of Nweze and Uche, no work in all of the offices, no work in any of the sites in the State, and our Liaison offices in Abuja and Lagos"

Governor Umahi While acknowledging the invaluable contributions of the fallen duo to the development of the State, described the former Commissioner for Infrastructure for Concession Engineer Fidelis Nweze as irreplaceable.

"Nweze cannot be replaced, I pity him so much, he never had a single day rest, I pity him so much, we have been on this together, first as Commissioner for Works and Commissioner for Infrastructure, Nweze cannot be replaced"

He directed the closure of Government offices and markets while all flags are to fly at half-mast on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 across the State in honor of the departed Government officials.

The Governor also directed all Government officials to proceed on fasting to seek the face of God in the Affairs of the State while CAN is charged to organize Prayers to break the fast by 4 pm at Christian Ecumenical Centre every day till Saturday.

"We are going to be mourning from tomorrow till the end of Saturday, all flags in Ebonyi State will fly low and in all Government premises both within Ebonyi and outside Ebonyi, all Government officials, Christain Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ebonyi State Chapter, Divine Mandate Pastors, Stakeholders would be praying together to break our fast every day by 4 pm at Ecumenical Centre"

The Governor later led members of the State Government Council on intercessory prayer for the peaceful repose of the souls of the fallen former Exco members and other sundry Prayer points.

Source : https://9newsng.com/breaking-gov-umahi-declares-public-holiday-in-ebonyi-over-death-of-two-commissioners-reveals-how-nweze-died/

2 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by money121(m): 12:16am On Jun 23, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Penguin2: 12:20am On Jun 23, 2021
I hope Umahi is not using all this prayer prayer something to do us sakamanje while his occult is taking out his commissioners one after another as sacrifice for his ambitions.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by slivertongue: 12:20am On Jun 23, 2021
Umahi's sojourn in apc is robbing off negatively on his appointees. hope there wont be resignation soonest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Kzinne: 12:23am On Jun 23, 2021
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by NwaAmaikpe: 12:52am On Jun 23, 2021
shocked

I honestly don't know why this sounds a lot like the governor trying to exhonerate himself or show us how much he assisted the late commissioner.

Quite needless to me.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Creditalerts: 6:12am On Jun 23, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I honestly don't know why this sounds a lot like the governor trying to exhonerate himself or show us how much he assisted the late commissioner.

Quite needless to me.
-happy birthday bro ,onye Eze,onyisi power

18 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by dalongjnr: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2021
I believed that was his possible successor. All the landmark projects in Ebonyi state are mostly the brainwork of the late commissioners. The duo are the backbone of Umahi administration.
RIP to them.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:07am On Jun 23, 2021
I am begining to suspect this man

4 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Racoon(m): 7:41am On Jun 23, 2021
Are you sure your hands are clean Governor Dave Umahi? I doubt!

4 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by olaolulazio(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2021
Pele
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Bar1941(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2021
What kind of senseless people are we having in government for God sake? What kind of holiday is that? Na waa oooo.

May the soul of the departed rest in peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Coronavirus84: 8:10am On Jun 23, 2021
We Fetha staff no dey observe public holiday here ooooi

4 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by moriss33(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by allanphash7(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2021
I though it was a joke yesterday when someone wrote here that Public Holiday will be declared for this guy

Am I missing something?

What kind of leaders do we have ruling this country?

Are these people mad?

Do they have anything upstairs at all?

O ga o

Anyway sha RIP to the dead

6 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by brosom(m): 8:10am On Jun 23, 2021
See this Fulani brain of a governor,

U re given puplic holyday in ur state for one person, but refuse to acknowledge a day for the death of 3 -5 millions killed in civil war.

That's double standard I'd say.

R.I.P to the commissioner though.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by saheedbadmus(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2021
RIP commissioner
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by seyz91(m): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2021
Really cursed indeed cheesy
ibedun:
Africa is cursed!!!!

What an idiot. Declaring public holiday over the death of common commissioners?

This is the reason I don’t want any more children. Something is very wrong with us black people.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by OnlineThug(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2021
You're doing compulsory fasting for a situation like death?
Death is inevitable man. Every man must die.
Imagine doing fasting for every death.
As usual eulogies would pour in when a man dies and this is just an example.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by jojothunder: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2021
RIP embarassed
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by tillaman(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2021
sad
Last last everybody go kpai we won’t be here forever
No one knows when it will be but our prayers Na to live long and prosper

I hear say today na Nwaamaikpe birthday

2 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by platido(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2021
Their juju don the uncover... diabolic people

2 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by crackhouse(m): 8:13am On Jun 23, 2021
So sorry
Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by mauchiz: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2021
Governor Umahi is a good man, just that he has joined party of the devil (Apc), accept our condolences. Is a pity, I feel your pains.

Ebonyi needs prayers at this time.

2 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by JubrinElSudan: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2021
Tyrant!!! Which issues does he have with traders? Which is no shop must be opened? During May30th sit at home, the same him ordered all traders to open shops before he regained sense, now he is ordering all traders to lock up because he declared holiday

5 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by Seniorwriter(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2021
Wisdomkosi:
BREAKING!!! Gov. Umahi Declares Public Holiday In Ebonyi Over Death Of Two Commissioners

Published By Wisdom Nwedene

Source : https://9newsng.com/breaking-gov-umahi-declares-public-holiday-in-ebonyi-over-death-of-two-commissioners-reveals-how-nweze-died/

Clueless Mofo.
Public holiday because of commissioner's death
SMH

We need young visionary leaders.

@Seniorwriter

3 Likes

Re: Fidelis Nweze: How My Commissioner Died- Governor Umahi, Declares Public Holiday by 4tomandchi: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2021
Land of the rising sun is..

The skies look dark...

And heroes are falling!!!

Which way Buhari could this be the language we understand.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi With His Campaign Media Team ( Photos) / How Jonathan Appointed Suspected Serial Thief To Head Radio Nig - Premium Times / Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.