Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Pls Help Me, Am Confused - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help Me, Am Confused (937 Views)

I Am Confused As A Father And As Husband / My Step Dad Is Maltreating My Mom, I Am Confused / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Me, Am Confused by Peace081: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2021
Am a lady in my prime, I had my OND, few years ago n up till now, I haven't gotten a better Job.
I don't know if I should go back and acquired my HND or Learn a skill, We all know the economy situation of the country n how difficult it is for someone to get a job without connection..
Pls am really confused, should I proceed with my HND or go n learn a skills?
I love fashion designe,
Cc Laslaticala
Cc Fynboi
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2021
Getting married should be an option
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by DDDEnterprises: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2021
Which one is more likely or easier to put to good and profitable use in this country of ours??

Of course, learning a skill.

Priority matters in everything. If you go do HND, where you want start with the way this country is and how much will you even be earning?

Contemplate on the options carefully and see which will likely favour you based on your background and environment and go for it.

this is from my little wisdom sha.
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by nero2face: 10:56am On Jun 23, 2021
I'd advice u go back and finish off with ur HND, u can only do casual jobs with ur OND and 4yrs from today situation of our country can change and graduates will have good jobs, ...
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by inforesource: 11:05am On Jun 23, 2021
How can you say you need a better job with OND? You are not telling yourself the truth. We have HNDs and BSc holders roaming the street in search of the same job. What do you want them to say?

Better follow your passion and go ahead an learn your passion. SKILL is key here. Give yourself five years from now for that and put all the needed sacrifices required and stop looking for what you cannot find.
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by Richy4(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2021
OND is still great in a country that have job opportunities... I would have preferred you learn a skill...Some masters degree holders are in Nigeria without a well paid Job...
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by frozen70(f): 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
Peace081:
Am a lady in my prime, I had my OND, few years ago n up till now, I haven't gotten a better Job.
I don't know if I should go back and acquired my HND or Learn a skill, We all know the economy situation of the country n how difficult it is for someone to get a job without connection..
I love fashion designe,
Cc Laslaticala
Cc Fynboi

Don't just be idle, continue with your HND and go for service, then round up with your fashion designing learning skills

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by frozen70(f): 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
Getting married should be an option

Marriage is not a solution to any of her problems

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
frozen70:

Marriage is not a solution to any of her problems
might be
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by VTJN(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
WowSweetGuy:
might be
please stop misleading people here i beg of you.
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by Peace081: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
CC RoyalRoy
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by Onyi22(f): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
From a sisterly advice, Learn a skill, education in Nigeria has done more harm than good

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by anthonyuncle(m): 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
learn a skill.

if you are financially stable, you can be running a part time program for your HND.

if not,

when you start earning through your skill, you can do part time program for your HND.

this country no need person to put school for front anymore.
you can always return to school anytime

1 Like

Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by DmainG: 7:31am On Jun 24, 2021
You can actually do both

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by Dailyparrot: 8:07am On Jun 24, 2021
Onyi22:
From a sisterly advice, Learn a skill, education in Nigeria has done more harm than good

HND is just two years. An OND holder should not consider herself as educated. Half education is dangerous.

OP should go back and finish up with her HND.

The issue with our people here is that they see education as a means to get a job after school and when they fail to secure jobs, they will tag education as scam.

The essence of education is to help make you informed and conscious of your environment and whatever you do in life. An educated person is supposed to do things differently from an uneducated fellow. It is not to get a paid job only.

Going to school should also depend on what makes one fulfilled and how intelligent academically that you are. Someone like me will never trade education for anything simply because of the fulfillment I get knowing that I have schooled to a certain level.
Re: Pls Help Me, Am Confused by jesmond3945: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2021
Peace081:
I love fashion designe,
Cc Laslaticala
Cc Fynboi
you have to do both learn a skill while schooling. It is not easy but you would definitely smile at last.

(1) (Reply)

. / My Uncle Forgiven Me Has Opened So Many Blessings For Me / Read A Young Man's Insulting Obituary For Late Dad That Is Trending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.