Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,566 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) (59644 Views)

7.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Haiti, Thousands Feared Dead (Pictures) / Express Trains Collide In Pakistan, 38 Passengers Dead (Pictures) / ISIS Leader, Qari Hekmat Is Dead (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by BeardGangJnr1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
Abi Biden's juju Don d collect be daht wink
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Bluntemperor: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
timesup234:
Third world shithole America your days are numbered. Your years of stealing the global south wealth and equity is about to catch up with you. Justice is coming for over 350 miliion Americans

Why are you embittered on America?
They will always rise above partician and solve their problems and challenges,!
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by SenecaTheYonger: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
timesup234:
He don clear say u be Johnny just come. When people in the travel sections hears timesup is coming they all flee. 3yrs in a state penitentiary. Go to Texas and ask about you. I exposed the lies of American prosperity. Little pussies can't do shit

What a pathetic life you live. That’s the only section you’re relevant in. Your accomplishment is being a loud troll on another man’s website. And doing all of it for free.

1 Like

Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Toceenay(m): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Theoutsider:

There are thousands of building in Florida. you are not very bright..

Also this test was done in Daytona Beach slowpoke
When Isreal bombarded Gaza last month with missiles, did all buildings in Gaza fall?

Common sense should tell you that a building built since 1981 won't just fall without a cause, especially with what happened within the last 40 hours.
Mr Bright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by meobizy(f): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
I thought things like this only happened during terrorist attacks that way. Yankee is no different from anywhere else in the world then. At least CNN has seen what to report on for the next week since Biden is non-controversial.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Awoleesu(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
First it was an overhead pedestrian bridge, now a skyscraper...

Hmmm, I hope some volcanoes are not rumbling already?
This looks not far away from an Earthquake at worst, or an Earth tremor at best...
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Bettykeys: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
Lakodah:
Visit the website on my signature if you bet on football matches

Oga drop coupon code of your previous fixed match otherwise you are a scammer

Anyone can do editing of those images on your scam website
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Gjmff: 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Elshaddai
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Lightorder: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
Very sad , I have always said it . In or outside Nigeria, anything more than 1 storey building is not for me.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by LeviAckerman: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
timesup234:
Shithole America always trying to hide their failures from the world. The building totally collapse watch the idiots deceive Africans by calling it partially collapse. America is a smelling shithole, anyone applying for a visa to go there need to get their head checked
Lmao
What are you angry at??
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by drakeli: 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
timesup234:
Yes I am still here launching df-41 missiles at vagabond Americans. Oh yeah it took you 10yrs to raise $1,000. Your account balance was the money you took from here to America. Nobody is capable of saving eight grand in Yankee not even a medical doctor
Was it $1000 account balance I showed you after my first two years in America? That was in 2019. Definitely you don’t seem to remember. And definitely, you don’t want to see what my balance is now ;Dand
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Benrosaria(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
fergie0o1:

A rescue operation is underway after an apartment building near 88th street and Collins Avenue in Miami Beach collapsed (pictured) in the early hours of this morning Witnesses claimed to have heard people screaming beneath the rubble

The building, a twelve-story apartment block called Champlain Towers South (pictured), collapsed in the early hours of this morning.

The building was completed in 1981 and apartments in the block, some of which have ocean views sell for up to $915,000

Video from the scene showed firefighters pulling a young boy from the rubble. Witnesses also reported hearing screams from beneath the collapsed building

Video from the scene showed firefighters pulling a young boy from the rubble. Witnesses also reported hearing screams from beneath the collapsed building

Witnesses claim to have heard people screaming beneath the rubble (pictured) during frantic efforts to free them from the wreckage of the building

Authorities have not yet provided any information on potential casualties as the situation is ongoing. Pictured: Rubble following the collapse

A view inside one of the apartments at Champlain Towers South

There are fears that many people may be dead or remain trapped beneath the rubble (pictured) at Champlain Towers South following the collapse

Shocking pictures and videos (above) show what appears to be huge piles of debris lying at the corner of Collins Avenue as fears

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue confirmed that more than 80 units (pictured), including Technical Rescue Teams, were on the scene

Dailymail US

NBC News

A better technology would spring up for this not to occur again or not at this level. Rest in ease forever humans
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Panda7(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2021
God!! to what standard are these buildings
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by shogsman(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
timesup234:
Shithole America always trying to hide their failures from the world. The building totally collapse watch the idiots deceive Africans by calling it partially collapse. America is a smelling shithole, anyone applying for a visa to go there need to get their head checked
Collapse happens in every single country in the world so there is no single sense in your comment,all I see is a pained fellow that has been refused visa into the states multiple times.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by ibedun: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2021
drakeli:

Long time. Where have you been? I’m your American nightmare. The guy you told a couple of years ago could not even afford $1000 for a flight ticket because every American can’t afford $1000 according to you and I showed you my bank account balance. cool wink Keep up with your America bashing

Ffk off
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by ibedun: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
drakeli:
Was it $1000 account balance I showed you after my first two years in America? That was in 2019. Definitely you don’t seem to remember. And definitely, you don’t want to see what my balance is now ;Dand

Show us or shut the F up!
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Btruth: 7:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
indigenous234:
Jesus have mercy

You want to make FTC on a FP news? It's very easy here on Nairaland.

Make FTC on Biafran related topics,(hot cake)

Snakes..... snakes and more snakes..again, don't forget snake topics always make FP.

If non of the above two, any bad news is a good news to make FP.

Oya lalasticlala Owo mi da?

.......to give you money for making FTC?
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by timesup234: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2021
shogsman:

Collapse happens in every single country in the world so there is no single sense in your comment,all I see is a pained fellow that has been refused visa into the states multiple times.
I ride shotgun on your bitch ass. five for 40, crack head like they only buy from Luca
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
No matter how beautiful a building is, once it collapses, everything will look dusty as if the building had only sands in it
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by RichAbujaGuy: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
Toceenay:

When Isreal bombarded Gaza last month with missiles, did all buildings in Gaza fall?

Common sense should tell you that a building built since 1981 won't just fall without a cause, especially with what happened within the last 40 hours.
Mr Bright

Interesting that you mentioned that recent news.

New report said 20 people with Israeli citizenship are missing in Surfside condo collapse.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/06/24/report-20-people-with-israeli-citizenship-missing-in-condo-collapse/

SURFSIDE (CBSMiami) – Twenty people with Israeli citizenship are said to be missing in the Surfside condo collapse, according to The Times of Israel.

The collapse happened around 1:30 a.m. at the Champlain Towers South, at 8777 Collins Avenue.

READ MORE:
Fire Breaks Out At Partially Collapsed Surfside Building
The 12-story building has 136 units, 55 units on the northeast side were involved in the collapse.

While there are people of various demographics who live in the area, this particular neighborhood has a large Orthodox Jewish community.

The Consul General of Israel in Miami told a broadcaster in Israel quote, “apparently these are American residents.”

Firefighters used truck-mounted ladders to reach people trapped on balconies. They were able to pull 35 people out of the building.

READ MORE:
Condo Collapse: Outpouring Of Support, Sympathy For Families Impacted 'This Is An Unimaginable Tragedy':
“In addition to those 35, ten were assessed and treated. Two were transported to various hospitals,” said Miami-Dade Assistant Fire Chief Raide Jadallah.

At least one person died.

County Commissioner Sally Heyman said there are 51 people unaccounted for at this time. Some of the units are owned by vacationers and may not have been in the building at the time of the collapse.

For those looking for family members who were staying in the building, a reunification center has been set up at 9301 Collins Avenue. People can also call (305) 614-1819.

MORE NEWS:
'Once A Failure Occurs, Gravity Takes Over And Increases Load': Engineer Paul Danforth Gives Insight Into The Condo Collapse In Surfside
Anyone who lives in the building is encouraged to complete a Wellness Check Form as part of efforts to ensure all tenants of the building are located.

LIVE: Flames, smoke break out at site of deadly Surfside condo collapse
https://www.wptv.com/news/state/miami-dade/rescuers-rushing-to-partial-condo-building-collapse-near-miami-beach

Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by robertogarcia: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
Excuse me, what happened in the photos.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by timesup234: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
drakeli:
I guess my reality based post made you reasonable to be able to stack some cheese. I inspired you
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by TheEnforcer: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
opebiboy:
You are here again with you america bashing
He has resurfaced again.You dey mind am

1 Like

Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Abiboss: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
indigenous234:
Jesus have mercy

You want to make FTC on a FP news? It's very easy here on Nairaland.

Make FTC on Biafran related topics,(hot cake)

Snakes..... snakes and more snakes..again, don't forget snake topics always make FP.

If non of the above two, any bad news is a good news to make FP.

Oya lalasticlala Owo mi da?

Wait, are you saying they'll pay you for making FP?
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Na why I no too dey like high rise buildings. The risk involved is higher.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Nephilim: 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
Gosh! Thoughts are it happened in Abuja.. So So it's in America! It's well o.
Re: Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) by Cousin9999: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sounds suspect. I don't think I've ever heard of that happening there, and especially not in a major city, and to an expensive building.

There's been a number of extremist incidents and attempts recently in Florida. This might be one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Open Letter To NIGERIA From A SOUTH AFRICAN / Alexei Sharov: Ukraine Kills Putin's 15th Commander / Twenty Indian soldiers Die After Clash With China Along Disputed Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.