Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,207 members, 7,846,007 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. (4101 Views)

Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request Part 1/2 Continued / Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request Part 2 / Niger Delta Groups React To Ibom Republic Request For Self Determination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by AfricanColumbus: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ibom and Ijaw republics: What it could mean for other ethnicities in the South South post Nigeria.

Part 1
The sudden announcement of an Ibom republic was quite frankly unexpected. And expectedly it sent shockwaves throughout the Southernmost areas of the country. While many were still reeling from the shock lightening struck twice with a follow up announcement from the Ijaw ethnic body stating the desire to pursue an Ijaw republic should Nigeria go the Yugoslavia way.

Prior to this time the de facto stance amongst people in the South South region was that the area would secede together. And though there has been no process or move by concerned ethnicities to consolidate that position, it remained the consensus, and most proponents argued strongly to the affirmative whenever called upon.

Therefore the announcements by two member states of the zone to pursue their respective independent nations came as a rude awakening to many. Consequently any hopes towards a South South country is in jeopardy and also, the need for some critical indices to be reconsidered and reaccessed across board has now become apparent. One of such indices would be unrestricted sea access.

In a South South country as desired by proponents sea access was the least of concerns. And understandably so. This is because any such country would have had more than half of Nigeria's 853km of coastline to itself. And good harbor locations. Added to this, any such country would have already in existence 4 working ports in Onne, Port-Harcourt both in Rivers State, Warri Port in Delta state, and Calabar Port in Cross River. Hence sea access was never a debate on the front burner. Till now.

Going by this recent announcements, if such countries were to be carved from the South South territories this would leave some erstwhile comfortable tribes feeling uneasy. On the Northwestern end of the South South are the Benin in Edo state and the Urhobo/Isoko peoples in Delta state. With an Ijaw republic owning virtually the entirely coastline of Delta state, the aforementioned groups would find themselves effectively landlocked. Pix attached below.

Had the Urhobo/Isoko and Benin being in the same country as the Ijaw as was the de facto arrangement (NDR) this situation wouldn't have come about.

It therefore stands that any would be country to be formed by the Benin and Urhobo (if any) would need to sail through Ijaw territory. A situation that may bring about complications.

Added to the issue of unrestricted sea access, as plans for a NDR go out the window, the aforementioned groups as well as others are now weighed with the task of finding new allegiances. Here, age long historical and cultural ties come into play as well as sentiments of similitude and kinship. Other noteworthy considerations would be demographic factors.

For the Urhobo/Isoko they may opt to merge with the Benin peoples as one country. Pix attached below.

Possibly with the Itsekiri tagging along. The basis for this union would be on a historical and cultural basis. In the Benin situation they have the options of joining the Urhobo/Isoko and Itsekiri to form a nation as early highlighted, or they opt to join Oduduwa republic westward.
Yet still, historical connotations point to the fact that the Benin people may yet decide to become a standalone nation. This could mean the birth of a second Benin republic in West Africa: English speaking Benin republic, though demographic considerations by both the Benin and Urhobo peoples may stifle such ambition.

Like. Comment. Share.

Pictures moved to https://easternconsigliereblog.com/ibom-republic-and-the-other-expected-republics-in-the-south/

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Goodmarlian: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
shocked
Ijaw republic with some ondo territory? Odudu people no go gree ooh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
The Op wants to pit the Ijaws against Urhobo/Isoko/Itsekiri/Edo. It’s not going to work. The Ijaws do not own the coastline of Delta State.

19 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by airminem(f): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
I know of only biafra and oduduwa republic. The rest is 'ONE NIGERIA' grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by SenatePresdo(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
We Niger-Deltans will not gree.

The Enemies will not Succeed, we are too United to be Divided.

You mean, we Bini people will no longer have access to our Niger-Delta oil?

We the Good people of Niger-Delta rejects it.

Niger-Delta is one and indivisible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2021
SenatePresdo:

We are not like you guys. We don’t do attache by force.

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by SenatePresdo(m): 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
kmcutez:

We are not like you guys. We don’t do attache by force.

Niger Delta is one and indivisible.
Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by ENEMYOFGOD6: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
grin grin
Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Goodmarlian: 6:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Looks like Rivers would be shared amongst igbos and ijaws grin

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by gloriaunobi(f): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2021
Goodmarlian:
PH remains to Opobo remains Igbo land tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Goodmarlian: 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
gloriaunobi:
PH remains to Opobo remains Igbo land tongue
Everybody abandoned ogoni why now? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Mbataku96(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Goodmarlian:
This is proof that alaigbo is not landlocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by SlayerForever: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
kmcutez:
The Op wants to pit the Ijaws against Urhobo/Isoko/Itsekiri/Edo. It’s not going to work. The Ijaws do not own the coastline of Delta State. I’m very sure the writer of this article is Igbo.

Who owns the coastline?

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by SlayerForever: 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sanchez01, EdoDefence cheesy
Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Sanchez01: 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
SlayerForever:
Sanchez01, EdoDefence cheesy
So an idle person created a theoretical thread and you tag me to it because?

The obsession of IPOB with the South South is far more than their obsession with Biafra itself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Mangekyo: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Walahi, what is this I'm seeing, are you telling me ibom republic is gonna have go far into some part of Delta state or its just my eyes?
See this state belong to the Anioma people. Any murthafucka who tries any nonsense should best prepare to go to the after life!
Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by luckyelems(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ameachi, silva and akpabio will betray them
Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Mangekyo: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
SenatePresdo:

The Enemies will not Succeed, we are too United to be Divided.

You mean, we Bini people will no longer have access to our Niger-Delta oil?

We the Good people of Niger-Delta rejects it.

Niger-Delta is one and indivisible.

Walahi we reject it. Ijaw people are dreamers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
The same thing I have been saying since!! Niger Delta will never become one nation, it's just not possible due to certain factors!!

Events in recent times have proven my assertion right! Even when I argued that other minorities will be scared to be in same country with ijaw.

Lastly, I laugh at Ikwerre and omoku people they have decieved into denouncing Igbos. We will definitely take our pound of flesh at the right time. We will easily reintegrate all other Igbo groups like Etche, Obigbo, Ndoni etc but those two is a no no! They are condemned to go with Ijaws and their fate is automatically sealed.

We are indeed living in interesting times grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mangekyo:
Walahi, what is this I'm seeing, are you telling me ibom republic is gonna have go far into some part of Delta state or its just my eyes?
See this state belong to the Anioma people. Any murthafucka who tries any nonsense should best prepare to go to the after life!

The fate of your Ika will be like that of the ikwerres, your slavery in the hands of Bini is almost assured. Enuani part of Anioma will never join you in your slavery, they will naturally come with us.

Thank God everything is now unraveling and everyone is about to answer their papa name grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Mangekyo: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
FreeIgbos:

The fate of your Ika will be like that of the ikwerres, your slavery in the hands of Bini is almost assured. Enuani part of Anioma will never join you in your slavery, they will naturally come with us.

Thank God everything is now unraveling and everyone is about to answer their papa name grin grin

Do you want to by die my bare hands? If no then desist from mentioning me. You must be IPOB!

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by SeamT: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Who owns the coastline?

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by arcnomec(m): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
FreeIgbos:
The same thing I have been saying since!! Niger Delta will never become one nation, it's just not possible due to certain factors!!

Events in recent times have proven my assertion right! Even when I argued that other minorities will be scared to be in same country with ijaw.

Lastly, I laugh at Ikwerre and omoku people they have decieved into denouncing Igbos. We will definitely take our pound of flesh at the right time. We will easily reintegrate all other Igbo groups like Etche, Obigbo, Ndoni etc but those two is a no no! They are condemned to go with Ijaws and their fate is automatically sealed.

We are indeed living in interesting times grin grin

If you think my hometown Omoku will be harness by the Igbo,you better think twice.Of course,you know the place you just mentioned too well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
SlayerForever:

Who owns the coastline?

Good question!
I'm waiting for his answer too grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by OfoIgbo: 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
We Igbos wholeheartedly support Ibom Republic.

It pisses Buhari off.
It pisses the WE SS crew off.
It opens up the coast for Igbo territories to be linked up
Igbos now have to sail through international waters to get to the Atlantic. No longer through any country

8 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mangekyo:

Do you want to by die my bare hands? If no then desist from mentioning me. You must be IPOB!

Common getat!!
Look at this dwarf talking about someone dying, you want to commit suicide ni?

So anyone that tells you the truth automatically becomes IPOB to you? What a fowl brain.

2 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by Mangekyo: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Common getat!!
Look at this dwarf talking about someone dying, you want to commit suicide ni?

So anyone that tells you the truth automatically becomes IPOB to you? What a fowl brain.

So you aren't IPOB?

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2021
arcnomec:

If you think my hometown Omoku will be harness by the Igbo,you better think twice.Of course,you know the place you just mentioned too well

Did you even comprehend what I wrote? I said both you guys and Ikwerre are not needed by Igbos, you guys are condemned to go with Ijaws that will treat you like sh1t grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Fate Of Other SS Groups As UN Considers Ibom Republic Request. by FreeIgbos: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mangekyo:

So you aren't IPOB?

Use your brain na, IPOB people are advocating for all minorities to be in same country with Igbos, while I believe such is madness, and won't work!

The fact I'm against sharing a country with minorities ought to tell you I have nothing to do with IPOB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

British War Ship - Royal Navy Patrol Lands In Lagos Port (video) / 2023: Peter Obi, Ekweremadu And Abaribe Concludes Plans To Defect To NNPP / 2023: “I Will Start Supporting Tinubu” – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.